PlayStation VR

Jun 07

Jun 07

PlayStation Plus: 3 New Fixtures in the Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

With E3 right around the corner, everyone here at PlayStation is putting the final touches on what’s sure to be an exciting event for gamers everywhere. Among other things, we’re excited to see PlayStation Plus continue to evolve, and we’re happy to announce the inclusion of three new PS3 Full Games.

With next week’s PlayStation Store update, we’ll welcome UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and LittleBigPlanet: Karting into the Instant Game Collection!

As many of you keenly observed in Monday’s PlayStation Plus blog post, three PS3 Full Games – LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One – have only four days left in the Instant Game Collection. This means that it’s your last chance to download these great titles as they’ll be stepping down after a year of faithful PS Plus service.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 11th PlayStation Plus Update

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3) Single Player and Free to Play Multiplayer Bundle

PSN Price: This item is only Free for PS Plus members

Uncharted 3
The highly acclaimed single player campaign of Uncharted 3, along with the Free to Play Multiplayer Mode will be available for all PS Plus members to experience, free with their membership! A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance, forcing him to confront his deepest fears.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

XCOM Enemy Unknown
From the award-winning creators of Civilization comes an action-strategy game about humanity’s last stand. Threatened by an unknown enemy, Earth’s governments unite to form an elite paramilitary organization, known as XCOM. As the commander of XCOM, you must create a fully operational base, research alien technologies, plan combat missions, and lead your soldiers in fierce battles against a terrifying alien invasion. The decisions you make will affect the fate of humanity. You are our last hope.
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sackboy returns in a completely new Karting adventure to save the Craftworld universe! Get behind the wheel to race through fun-filled tracks, battle in hectic arenas, and collect items in open-world environments. Compete in exciting mini-games and modes unlike anything you’ve seen, and enjoy endless levels created by the LittleBigPlanet community. From game modes to weapon types, never before has Sackboy had so many customization options. If you can dream it, you can drive it!

PlayStation Plus Update 6-11-2013

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday; along with additional Plus content that was announced as part of the June preview, and special discounts as well.

Speaking of the June preview, with all this PS Plus content, this month is shaping up to be one of the best PlayStation Plus months yet. UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3), XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3), and LittleBigPlanet: Karting (PS3) are all dropping next week, joining Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3) which joined PS Plus last week. You’ll still have Machinarium (PS3), Saints Row The Third (PS3), Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita), and God Eater Burst (PSP, PS Vita compatible), all coming in June as well! It’s never been a better time to join up.

We’ve got more to come next week, so again, make sure you watch for all the PlayStation announcements to come at E3. In fact, you can watch Monday’s press conference right here on PlayStation.Blog. In the meantime, if you’ve got feedback or thoughts on this special PS Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 11

NoPity_21 said:

June 7th, 8:02 am

andyscout said:

June 7th, 8:03 am

Well, Mr Sid. Guess I’ll finally try this XCom. I hope it’s like Valkyria Chronicles, because I friggin love Valkyria Chronicles.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:30 am

It’s an amazing game; definitely on my top 5 list from 2012. Hadn’t played a tactics based game that had me hooked like that since the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

surachoke said:

June 7th, 8:03 am

Really surprised!! O_O

Foolish47 said:

June 7th, 8:03 am

Why are there not comercials about this!! This keeps getting better each update!

lessthancaring said:

June 7th, 8:04 am

Good additions to the collection. X-Com is amazing as is the entire uncharted series. Good month for PS+ members.

fernandocani said:

June 7th, 8:04 am

OK, i think this is the best PS PLUS month since i became plus…

JTLB925 said:

June 7th, 8:04 am

Wow! That is quite the update. Can’t wait to give Xcom a go.

ANEEL69 said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

ha like the surprise announcement, but was hoping for gran turismo 5 or strong 1st party titles. O well still great!

Ouren said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Whoa!

OvertechBroch said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Wow… this is just… wow…

RedZepp said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Stares longingly at his Vita. Walks away sadly.

Techly said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Awesome, games I don’t have and put off buying! … but the only question I have is when will I be able to actually get Pinball Arcade? It still does not work for Vita or PS3…

NHDrumline17 said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Just for clarification, only the Single Player of Uncharted 3 is going free? If I want the full multiplayer experience, I need to either pay for it on PSN or keep my original Uncharted 3 disc? Is that correct?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:31 am

That is correct; the single player campaign is free for PS Plus members. The download comes with the Free to Play Mulitplater. if you like what you play of the UC3 Multiplayer, it’s a small cost to get the complete package there. Unless of course, you have a UC3 disc.

zingakun said:

June 7th, 8:05 am

Very nice, I think there’s a wide variety of games this time! I’m just afraid of the file size of Uncharted 3

Can’t wait for Monday to come >_<

fede01_8 said:

June 7th, 8:06 am

Damn it! don’t you hate it when you buy a game and months later they are on the IGC? Argghhh
A week after the Uncharted 3 sale you put it on the IGC?! Really? This is Infamous 2 all over again. One year after, the same mistake.

On the good side, gonna give a shot to XCOM. And LBPK multiplayer is gonna be more popular, yay!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:33 am

If there’s a silver lining to your case, you own the complete version of Uncharted 3 at a massively discounted price. It’s yours to keep, regardless of your Plus sub; so you do have some benefits in your case. But I get where you’re coming from and hope that it doesn’t affect your enjoyment of Plus

G-Force08 said:

June 7th, 8:06 am

Great stuff. :)

I already have all of the games except XCOM, so I’ll be sure to download that. Great update for the month.

wilfareus said:

June 7th, 8:06 am

this is veryVERY nice :D
I just bought UC3:GOTY from my local gamestore lol

FadeToOne said:

June 7th, 8:06 am

I feel like you guys just spoiled a big E3 surprise.

ChrisHighwind said:

June 7th, 8:06 am

XCOM, Uncharted, and LBP Karting? Cool, though I’m not usually a fan of strategy games, Uncharted and LBP Karting should be good. Also, are we really getting Gods Eater Burst?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:34 am

Yep, God Eater Burst is on deck for later this month

Anddo said:

June 7th, 8:07 am

That’s amazing! X-Com alone makes it worth it.

avluis said:

June 7th, 8:09 am

@ NHDrumline17, Isn’t the multiplayer already free!?

Xcaligamer1 said:

June 7th, 8:09 am

was hoping for saints row already… looks like m n lil bro (dont live together) wil be playing lbpk online

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:34 am

Saints Row will be coming later this month, so hang in there! Glad to hear you’ll have a great game to be online with the fam!

pOcHo_OX said:

June 7th, 8:09 am

AMAZING!!!!!!!! great update I already have Uncharted but LBP karting, my daughter will love it.

Legaljuana said:

June 7th, 8:10 am

45 GB…Anyway, great update…If only this quality of delivered content remains consistent, I’ll consider resubscription.

Elimin8erX said:

June 7th, 8:10 am

What an incredible month to be a PS+ subscriber! Some really great PS3 games and Vita games! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a PS+ update in a very long time. Nicely done Sony.

FeloRude said:

June 7th, 8:10 am

Very nice update, i will try XCOM and LBPK next week.

SolomonSolo17 said:

June 7th, 8:10 am

Awesome update!

xClayMeow said:

June 7th, 8:11 am

Disappointed that’s all Vita is getting during E3 month. What’s the point of pushing PS3 with the PS4 looming? Who handles brand strategy?! I’m not saying PS3 should be thrown out but there should really be a greater focus on Vita at this point with it being an integral piece of the PS4 appeal. There are plenty of Vita titles that could get added…LBP being the obvious choice.

Despair-Amit said:

June 7th, 8:11 am

Wow, I swear you guys are peeking at my Amazon shopping cart. First was Saints row the third added right before I bought it and now its XCOM with the same exact thing. Great list of games for June, quite insane actually.

Gorvi said:

June 7th, 8:11 am

Very nice. All games I own already, but still very nice.

lpinto79 said:

June 7th, 8:12 am

Definitely surprised! Already have U3 (as any good PSfan should!) but hadn’t had the opportunity to try XCOM and LBPK. Heard great things about XCOM. Noticed the update on Twitter (“Surprise PS Plus Update!”)… oh, do keep these surprises coming for E3!

Loonknight said:

June 7th, 8:12 am

X-com is amazing, I got it on sale a while back. I love these solid updates it makes me a proud PS+ subscriber. Keep them coming Sony, for PS3, Vita, and beyond.

Despair-Amit said:

June 7th, 8:12 am

Oh forgot Virtue’s Last Reward as well was in my cart lol.

thebgj said:

June 7th, 8:12 am

Holy Guacamole!!!! I have not purchased U3 because i felt it was too repetitive…i loved the first 2 but then i played i the third and didnt see any reason to buy it, BUT freeeeee is A-OK with me.

wilfareus said:

June 7th, 8:12 am

wonder what’s gonna be the Vita IGC replacements

gusty81 said:

June 7th, 8:13 am

Excited mostly about XCOM, both because it’s a great game that I rented but never finished due to time constraints, but because I was expecting first-party games that I would already own. Great addition, and worth checking out for even people who aren’t necessarily strategy game fans (like me.)

Also, I’ll second the request for any updates on a fix for The Pinball Arcade. Still hoping to be able to download that before it leaves the IGC!

mung0915 said:

June 7th, 8:13 am

I am shocked just how great this month will be for members. It’s like you are finally listening to us.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:38 am

We’re always listening to you feedback every week =) Somethings we can change,a nd sometimes that change can be quick, or sometimes it takes a while. Other things we may not be able to change anytime soon, but your feedback is always taken into account on a regular weekly basis throughout the entire year, as it pertains to PSN / PS Plus. Thanks to everyone for their feedback, whether it’s praise, or critiques.

darksithantwan said:

June 7th, 8:14 am

Sony,

$49.99 a year with ALL of the content you continue to give…I feel like I’m ripping YOU guys off. Thanks again for another awesome update!

TWODEEEE said:

June 7th, 8:14 am

i love sony so much right now, this is an awesome month

trustter said:

June 7th, 8:14 am

WOW, jusw WOW Sony!

Thanks for for the love! If you guys keeping doing things like this We will always support the brand.

Thanks again!

WHITE_PR said:

June 7th, 8:17 am

OMG!!
Thats why Im watching PS4 Feb 20 Conf. on my youtube PS3 app right now, reading ps blog and a proud member of ps plus!!!

Yes I’m a PlayStation Freak!!!
Gamer 4ever!!!

ps_n_blog_ac said:

June 7th, 8:18 am

Cool update but about uncharted 3… why isn’t the full multiplayer mode available with the single player game?

IzoGray said:

June 7th, 8:18 am

You’re replacing Infamous 2 and LBP 2 with LBP K, Uncharted 3, and Xcom…

awful.

SCT78 said:

June 7th, 8:18 am

The BEST deal ever for PS+, but 45gb download for Uncharted 3 is kind of insane, never downloaded a game (on PC or PS3 or 360) over 20 gb, that’s one downside for the deal…

totsboy said:

June 7th, 8:19 am

and I thought 140 gb was enough >.<

likeanobody said:

June 7th, 8:20 am

“this month is shaping up to be one of the best PlayStation Plus months yet.” Nothing better to say than this.

Keep it coming!

saab01 said:

June 7th, 8:20 am

Am I the only one who thinks this update is not that great? Uncharted 3 was a day one purchase for me and when I have the disc I will not download the digital version. Xcom doesnt seem that fun or a game that I would like from gameplay and LBP Karting will only be fun if it comes with the online pass. I knew LBP karting was going to be one of the games at E3 since it sold so bad. Within 2 months it was down to 20 bucks on disc. I was really hoping for Playstation All Stars and twisted Metal I guess I will have to wait it out now.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:42 am

It’s always a concern on PS Plus updates as if you already have the games, the value for you isn’t as strong. The general thing here is that these extra games are in addition to the already announced June lineup. Out of the 8 (EIGHT!) games that we’re delivering free this month, I have to believe you’re getting a good value in there somewhere ;)

JoaoFlavio19 said:

June 7th, 8:20 am

Nice update :DD
Was worried about the last PS+ update becausa already own SR III and Deux Ex, but with this news now, Im so fired up.
But i have a doubt, how will be the U3’s size? I think my 80 GB ps3 wont be able to download it :((
Thx for update again

Optimizm said:

June 7th, 8:21 am

Why did they list them separately for Uncharted 3? Don’t they still have the regular, full game available? Or is this going to be two separate downloads, one for single player and one for multiplayer?

nccows said:

June 7th, 8:21 am

Ho. Ly. Crap. This is by far the best month PS+ has ever seen. It’s a shame I already own XCOM and Uncharted, but if you haven’t played XCOM, let me tell you what: you’re in for a treat. Last year’s Game of the Year.

Can’t wait to play Saint’s Row and Deus Ex! Good on ya, Sony. Now if only we could get Resistance and LBP on Vita+, that would be ideal.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 7th, 8:44 am

ageed: XCOM is amazing. I would literally pace around my living room, DualShock 3 in hand, debating decisions to make in battle. And even if a certain turn didn’t go your way, there was usually a chance to turn it around, unless you really screwed up, lol. But when it went your way, and your team was on point, and that awesome soundtrack was going, the game fires on all cylinders like crazy.

PAGE 1 2 3 11