God of War

Jun 18

Jun 18

The Best Game Trailers of E3 2013

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

While we clear our heads following last week’s salvo of PlayStation news and announcements ($399!), today we’re bubbling up some of our favorite new game trailers from E3 2013. For my money? Nothing’s topping the weird, wistful, and wonderful new trailer for Hohokum, though Transistor, Tearaway, and Octodad all make strong arguments.

What’s your favorite new trailer?

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)

Transistor (PS4)

Tearaway (PS Vita)

The Order: 1886 (PS4)

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4)

Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)

Knack (PS4)

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)

Killer is Dead (PS3)

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)

Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

DriveClub (PS4)

The Dark Sorcerer (PS4 tech demo)

Diablo III (PS3)

Destiny (PS4, PS3)

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)

Add Your Own

BadPiggie123 said:

June 18th, 6:06 am

Awesome trailers guys! Great E3! I’m a young gamer so I haven’t seen many E3s but this was by far the best E3 ever. PlayStation for life!

P.S. I can’t wait for inFAMOUS Second Son and Knack!

Loco4FourLoko said:

June 18th, 6:08 am

so many vita trailers! Im skeptical about 85 games coming out in 6 months. Umm it took over a year to hit like 110 actual games, not Counting pointless apps.

Pabloo1010 said:

June 18th, 6:18 am

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom hearts 3. Period.

Hono-no_Snake said:

June 18th, 6:19 am

But where is trailer of Metal Gear Solid 5? Metal Gear is very cool game and trailer of MGS5 is so nice. This trailers too cool, but i want Hideo Kojima’s game trailer…

XtemmA2 said:

June 18th, 6:30 am

Hideo Kojima saved his game for PS4 later at TGS. Some more new japanese game should reveals too there i guess.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

June 18th, 6:59 am

Just added Ninja Gaiden Z after watching the trailer. Though i have to say Square Enix has my money on FFXV & KH3. Playing ARR & it’s lookin’ amazing!

Still, i must say everything coming out this fall & holiday season is great. Tons of variety, new IPs, all kinds of genres. . .you name it.

Archaga said:

June 18th, 7:11 am

@2, a lot of those titles are probably going to be mobile games. In reality we’ll only have a handful of ‘real’ games.

@4, They’re focusing on Sony press conference game trailers, I’m sure MS has an exclusive advertisement contract for the time being just how Sony has for other games.

My personal favorite was Transistor. Not because it was necessarily the best trailer, but because it was so unexpected even though I had already seen the original trailer a while back. A beautiful looking indie game with a game mechanic I haven’t yet experience being so well supported is very cool.

Rainwater said:

June 18th, 7:29 am

Hohokum was my favorite trailer as I loved the music. Second would be Tearaway as that game looks fantastic.

Rainwater said:

June 18th, 7:32 am

oh, and honorable mention to one not listed here: Stick it to the Man. That game has a great look and I’m super intrigued to see what that game is about.

OneMoreVillain said:

June 18th, 7:33 am

The Order 1886 and Knack.

Loco4FourLoko said:

June 18th, 7:41 am

@7 I feel the exact same way.
if only I lived it Japan, then I could really play a playstation vita.

Gorvi said:

June 18th, 7:48 am

So is Diablo 3 only coming to the PS3 now and not the PS4? That trailer only lists it as a PS3 game.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 18th, 10:40 am

Both! PS3 first in September, PS4 at a later unspecified time.

avdavidw said:

June 18th, 7:53 am

Two not listed that I’m really looking forward to are The Crew and The Division from UBISOFT.

But really, is there anything that we aren’t looking forward to?

ArchAngelMai said:

June 18th, 8:01 am

@12,
There is not yet a definitive release date for the PS4 version is all. 2014 is likely for it though.

FFXV STOLE THE SHOW. STANDING OVATION…it received the only one. Mind. Blown. When it happened live I screamed in excitement waking up other family members. It was worth it, lol.

ToFeY said:

June 18th, 8:30 am

final fantasy XV & tearaway <3 i want the PS4 now!!

Enigma777 said:

June 18th, 8:56 am

Just noticed something… Is that Ezio (or another assassin) in the middle of the FFXV trailer?

Anyways, FFXV and Infamous SS were probably my favorite trailers of E3, followed by the Titanfall one.

zombie9 said:

June 18th, 9:05 am

What ever happened to the 3-D headset oh well my be this Christmas we will finally hear something about it shhhh its a secret. PS4 has already won the Next Gen race… if Sony doesn’t make there own HDD and charge to much for them… wink wink!!!

Ryumoau said:

June 18th, 9:18 am

Infamous 3, Batman Arkham Origins, and Kingdom Hearts 3 are the major titles at E3 that i’m looking forward to.

Archaga said:

June 18th, 9:41 am

@17, you mean the Oculus Rift? It doesn’t go commercial till next summer (if it doesn’t get delayed). I can’t wait until they announce it’s console compatible.

Archaga said:

June 18th, 9:56 am

@19 and on that note. I’m not big on racing games, but heck. I’d be one happy camper getting into the genre with the Rift. I can already picture CNN covering how dozens of people around the country are getting heart attacks from playing horror games on it.

ItoKimmons said:

June 18th, 10:05 am

Though just a tech demo, I enjoyed The Dark Sorcerer. PLEASE release it for download on the store.

dodgedoors said:

June 18th, 10:06 am

Tie for me, Transistor and the Order. I want to know if everyone in the Order has a name from the knights of the round table or just one?

gamer_316 said:

June 18th, 10:26 am

inFamous: Second Son followed by Killzone: Shadow Fall, super excited for both those games

Pabloo1010 said:

June 18th, 10:32 am

Murdered: Soul Suspect & The Order: 1886 trailers are tied for 3rd place for me. Soul Suspect is the best Introductory Trailer to a NEW IP since Dead Island. Fantastic.

Zionine said:

June 18th, 10:47 am

Why does the Jak HD Collection for Vita have the same FPS hangups as Ratchet & Clank FFA… If this is the case for PS3 games going to Vita.. stop doing it. It’s disgracing the games and the players.. I was hoping for a nice smooth experience on it and it’s a bit disappointing at the moment.. I’ve never played the Jak and Daxter series but it just doesn’t seem like there was any love put into it.. The Vibration function is still there.. and the hangups are bad enough to miss critical timed jumps and such. C’mon Sony… :(

Show the Vita you actually care about it… :(

Zionine said:

June 18th, 10:58 am

and I realize it’s the developers’ fault.. for not optimizing Jak 1 and Jak 3 to not have dips.. because it’s not the Vita.. The Vita can handle amazing graphics. I’d just say to have more filtering when it comes to those ports.. they’re making the Vita look bad. It’s true. I kinda just wanna get through Jak 1 so I can play the second one, which is supposedly much better frame-rate wise.

DieYoMoFo said:

June 18th, 11:00 am

I’m really excited for oddworld!

EagerSnake said:

June 18th, 11:35 am

Hello there Sid.
Just a single question, do you have any info regarding today’s update about the video file of the Press Conference?
Acording to Grace it was going to be available last week, so, that.
By the way, GREAT collection of trailers!
I missed Gran Turismo 6 in the live coverage…

Anyway, thanks for the time. And waiting for the podcast also :)

A proud Sony user.

TwinDad said:

June 18th, 1:11 pm

Favorite Trailer: 1886

Favorite Game: Octodad

dilanshippuden said:

June 18th, 1:24 pm

Finally! Final Fantasy XV !!!!!

JROD0823 said:

June 18th, 2:36 pm

Dear Sid,

The trailers that had age restrictions worked great, but that’s not the case for the rest.

I already have my PS4 completely paid for at GameStop, and I have Killzone, Watch_Dogs, AC IV: Black Flag, and DRIVECLUB pre-ordered.

I would like to know exactly what we will be getting with DRIVECLUB: PlayStation Plus Edition. I would like to know whether or not it’s the full game, or just a portion of it.

If it’s the full game, I’ll switch my pre-order to The Order: 1886, but if it’s only a portion of the full game, I’ll just keep my pre-order and get The Order later.

I would also like to see a post on the Blog (this week if possible) featuring high-resolution screenshots of both the controller, and the PS4 from all possible angles.

I’d appreciate it if you could get that info for me, and keep up the great work!

One_Piece_Yuri said:

June 18th, 3:25 pm

Hohokum, is a MUST for my Ps collection, buy as soon as you can!!!

OahuGrown said:

June 18th, 3:53 pm

Hohokum just turned me ON *faints*

bigdawg273 said:

June 18th, 9:36 pm

I ABSOLUTELY HATE YOU PLAYSATION. I loved the Ps3 and Ps4 untill i heard that you have to buy Playstation plus just to play multiplayer. You just lost a huge advantage.

Beencha_US said:

June 19th, 4:29 am

I do not understand this E3, it is having more new video games for the PS3 and PS4 especially while Ps vita is still fresh and having only few games, what’s the hell? why Ps vita players must satisfy themselves with PSone and PS2 games? Hey Sony wake up, it’s time to stop your paranoid political and finally begining create video games for your Ps vita.

ShadowOfEden said:

June 19th, 12:19 pm

@34
Just look at the list here : Most people already are PS+ subscribers. It’s the same on my friend list as well. With the free games and sales, it pays for itself easily! Personally, I rarely even play online and if PS+ would become like the current X-Box Live Gold and we would lose some of the advantages in exchange for online play, I would cancel my subscription.

@35
While Sony does own multiple studios, the blunt force of Playstation has always been third parties. If they don’t want to make games for PS Vita because they fear it wouldn’t sell enough, then they simply won’t and Sony cannot force them. Devs make games to make money.

ferhound said:

June 19th, 12:32 pm

Why no Metal Gear?

JROD0823 said:

June 19th, 1:50 pm

@34 bigdawg273,

Get over it, kid!

The funds that will be generated for Sony by the requirement of having PlayStation Plus to get access to online multiplayer will be helping to bolster the online network for EVERYONE.

Guardian_of_DCF said:

June 20th, 3:25 pm

So many great trailers that it’s really hard to pick favorites!! There are several games that I’m REALLY interested in but if I must choose, I would go with…

1. Destiny
2. The Order
3. Watchdogs

As an older gamer and previous Playstation owner (PS One, PS2, PSP) that switched to the Xbox platform, I must say the E3 showing of the PS4 and VIta platforms literally obliterated the competition (*cough* XboxDone *cough*)!! I will be getting back on board with you Playstation!

Special thanks to Bungie for only showing Destiny on the PS4!!! They must have know the “other” platform would tank at E3!!

rwm78djm01 said:

June 22nd, 9:55 am

I’m only focused on Batman:Arkham Origins,Watch Dogs and Infamous Second Son.