PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 09

Jul 09

June 2013 PSN Top Sellers: The Last of Us Reigns

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

The Last of Us, Naughty Dog’s highly anticipated post-apocalyptic title, lived up to expectations, outselling all other digital titles in June. Other notable PS3 entries include Crystal Dynamics’ Tomb Raider and The Walking Dead from Telltale Games. Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Injustice: Gods Among Us prove to be the kings of downloadable content this month, and Hotline Miami proves that indie devs are loved by PlayStation gamers.

We’re excited to bring you more great content in the last half of 2013, so keep your eye on these charts to see what each month’s shakers and movers will be!

If you want to see how your favorites fared on the other side of the world, head on over to the EU PS.Blog to see their top sellers from last month.

blogheader_plustop20_110_100611

5. Castle Invasion

Top 10 Classics

GTA San Andreas
The Warriors
  1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  2. The Warriors
  3. FINAL FANTASY VII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  4. Bully
  5. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  6. FINAL FANTASY IX (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  7. Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP)
  8. FINAL FANTASY VIII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  9. Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
  10. LEGEND OF DRAGOON (PS3/PSP)

Top 10 PSP Games

8. One Epic Game
  9. HISTORY Ice Road Truckers
  10. Bloons TD

Add Your Own

Zezzler said:

July 9th, 6:20 am

It’s great to see that Hotline Miami has the number 1 spot for Vita! It’s a phenomenal game that keeps me coming back again, and again. Only 3 trophies away from that Platinum.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

July 9th, 6:24 am

I bet Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops would be a top PSP seller, if only it was added to the PS Vita store.

PHEEliNUX said:

July 9th, 6:42 am

Strange this time there is no Persona

BlueBl1zzard said:

July 9th, 6:48 am

Last of Us unsurprisingly takes #1 spot. Sadly, I still haven’t played it….need to get on that
Walking Dead season pass #2 spot, awesome it’s still doing well. I’m surprised 400 days didn’t make the add on list, but then again it’s only been out a week.

Jhooud said:

July 9th, 6:50 am

Wow, Battlefront 2 is doing well. Is it that good, or just a reaction to the Dice news? Any chance that’ll show up for the Vita?

GeoDarky said:

July 9th, 7:02 am

Paul you guys need to keep posting those statics every month to prompt PS Store

onslaughtree said:

July 9th, 7:09 am

Cant wait to get my hands on some Last Of Us Story DLC. After finishing the game, I felt like there is still allot that needs to be done. Plus some Guacamelle DLC is also well over due….
Keep on Gaming.

Ender_Bean said:

July 9th, 7:25 am

Just started the last season in The Last of Us. First playthrough on Hard Mode, and I’m not gonna lie, had to shut down my PS3 from time to time to clear my head. It so emotionally intense! A true testament to the level of writing present in the game. Superb work. It’s also very nice to see Muramasa Rebirth in the Top 3 for Vita.

stekimafijas said:

July 9th, 7:27 am

..Am I blind or are PSOne Classics not on this list?

Illumina-XIV said:

July 9th, 7:29 am

Woo, go Hotline Miami! Fantastic game, more people need to try it!

PHEEliNUX said:

July 9th, 7:34 am

@9 they are mixed along with PS2 Classics

stekimafijas said:

July 9th, 7:38 am

@11
oh thanks :(

kinda would have been better to see them seperately like before

Zionine said:

July 9th, 7:40 am

@7 There’s already a Guacamelee DLC, onslaught!
It’s called a costume pack but it comes with a bunch of costumes and DLC pertaining those. :) Quite fun to pick up the game again and play those. :) If you’re talking about yet another DLC, I’d wait a bit… cause that just came out a month ago at the most.. and it was glitched up at first which means it didn’t get much press when it actually got released…

ossiecastro5 said:

July 9th, 7:48 am

I’m glad to see All Stars up there! :)

MickeyWard09 said:

July 9th, 7:58 am

I love that Battlefront 2 continues to be near the top (in the cast at the top) of the PSP list.

Figboy said:

July 9th, 9:00 am

PlayStation All Stars needs more DLC. That’s all I’m saying. Great game that got a bad rap early on, and couldn’t shake it. As a long time PlayStation fan, I loved the roster, and the 4 DLC characters were great as well. Please, please throw a few bucks at adding Alundra and Monica (from Dark Cloud 2) to the Roster. Please! Add those two, and I’ll be a content All Stars player. I don’t need Cloud, or Crash, or Spyro. If Square Enix and Activision want to be asshats about it, that’s fine. But give me some PlayStation love, dammit! Rau or Tati or Jen would be awesome as well!!

Anyway, cool to see some games still hanging on to spots on the top 20.

whatisdelicious said:

July 9th, 9:18 am

Given that those are the Top 5 Mobile games, you guys need to do a better job promoting the quality titles. Passing Time should be number one. Rymdkapsel should be number two. Super Crate Box should be number three. Out of Mind, Aqua Kitty, Life of Pixel, etc., all fantastic games. Promote them. Mobile is honestly my favorite thing since I bought a Vita. So many cool, bite-sized games.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

July 10th, 7:18 am

Noted. We’ve recently started posting the new PS Mobile titles for each week. There was a Mobile update post last week, and will be one again this week (Wednesdays). We intend to keep that rolling weekly.

I agree that you list some sweet PSM titles, but maybe Rymdkapsel should be #1 ;)

lisatsunami said:

July 9th, 9:33 am

Paul, I saw tweets yesterday that TLOU sold 3.4 million in 3 weeks, which is awesome by the way. Should sell more. So, does that 3.4 million include digital, the PSN sales above?

Myakoopa said:

July 9th, 9:51 am

Any word on a patch for the Vita Jak and Daxter collection? The stories I’ve heard concerning framerate and other issues has me holding off on that, despite eagerly anticipating its release.

Also has me worried about the FFX HD Vita versions… on which we are surprisingly lacking details.

scenteddonut said:

July 9th, 10:21 am

will you please put dark cloud 1 and 2 on the playstation store.

idn86i said:

July 9th, 10:24 am

Hotline Miami <3!!

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 9th, 12:14 pm

@ BlueBl1zzard: The ENTIRE fact that 400 Days has only been out a week is why you would never, in any parallel universe, see it on the top sellers list from JUNE, lol. It released in July. It’ll be on the top seller list for this month.

It’s nice to see Muramasa Rebirth made #3 on the Vita. I bought it at retail because I wanted the collector’s edition with all the extras, but enough people bought it digitally for it to make the top 3. That’s good news for Vita fans hoping we get more Japanese games over here. Here’s hoping this trend continues and we eventually get Bamco to release the two Tales games for Vita.

derb said:

July 9th, 12:36 pm

Congrats on Last of Us

Already have some of the others that made the list.

First thought when I saw Walking Dead Season Pass. Ooooo we get 400 Days for free! No

Elvick_ said:

July 9th, 1:19 pm

Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP) – I think that’s a sign to put it on PS Vita…

Elvick_ said:

July 9th, 1:21 pm

@19: You shouldn’t believe the “unplayable” lies about it. I platinum’d J&D just fine on PS Vita. Yes, some framerate drops. Only one really noticeable area, the opposite side of the beach (one of the first areas you go to). After that, it was fine.

Some minor drops in the tediously large city in Jak II after jumping in a vehicle, but otherwise fine.

Haven’t gotten to Jak 3, because I hate Jak II as a game.

IIL0YDII said:

July 9th, 1:29 pm

CRASH BANDICOOT AND SPYRO FOR PS VITA!

tusunami said:

July 9th, 1:30 pm

This is a most excellent list of top 10 games, can’t argue the list that’s for sure.

CrashSpyro said:

July 9th, 2:22 pm

Please don’t merge the PS2 Classics and PS1 Classics lists.

crazisasuke said:

July 9th, 2:25 pm

I think they made a mistake on the Top 10 classics… Final Fantasy 7 should be number one.

derb said:

July 9th, 2:38 pm

“I hope people will check it out”

Quote from Gameinformer’s video review of The Last of Us

WOW

Nevi901 said:

July 9th, 3:06 pm

So, Crash Bandicoot is a bestseller and STILL isn’t available on Vita…

FireCage said:

July 9th, 3:46 pm

The Last Of Us & Tomb Raider are very very good games =)

find_me8 said:

July 9th, 5:05 pm

Muramasa rebirth made it to the top 3, nice!!

DiscoJer said:

July 9th, 5:29 pm

Star Wars Battlefront II has always sold extremely well on the PSP. So well it got two sequels.

Sony should try to get Battlefront III for the Vita. We all know they won’t, but they should make every effort to do so.

OmegaSpear said:

July 9th, 5:44 pm

Good good

brenops said:

July 9th, 6:11 pm

hi :0

PrimeroIncognito said:

July 9th, 6:52 pm

Hi :)

BlueBl1zzard said:

July 9th, 8:07 pm

@AizawaYuuichi oh hahahaha fail on my part! Yeah silly me I guess I lost track of the date for a second. Thanks for correcting me on that : )

Welmosca said:

July 10th, 12:59 pm

Wow I’m impressed…Flower still making to top 20…damn…and also LBP 2 in 4th….even after being available for free so much time…great thats really great….this way we get even more people on the fantastic LBP community.

Dk7point0 said:

July 23rd, 1:20 am

That Miami hotline was the biggest waste of my money….EVER
#nintendo graphics…..