Marvel's Spider-Man

Jul 15

Jul 15

PlayStation Store PLAY: 4 New Games for Summer

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

PlayStation Store PLAY, our annual summer program showcasing a diverse lineup of great PSN games and special offers, is back with four hot new games, including two PSN exclusives. PlayStation Store PLAY begins tomorrow when this year’s lineup of games becomes available for pre-order on PlayStation Store — click here to learn more.

If you pre-order any of this year’s PLAY games you will get an exclusive PS3 XMB theme based on each game purchased. In addition, if you are a PlayStation Plus member, you will receive a 20% discount on PLAY games when pre-ordering. And if you end up picking up two or more of these games, we’re giving you bonus PSN cash vouchers. You can take advantage of these great bonuses based on PLAY games purchased from July 16 to August 20:

• Pre-order or Buy any 4 PlayStation Store PLAY games to get $10
  • Pre-order or Buy any 3 PlayStation Store PLAY games to get $6
  • Pre-order or Buy any 2 PlayStation Store PLAY games to get $3

Now let’s get to the great lineup of games for PlayStation Store PLAY. This year you can get your hands on two PSN exclusives with Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark and ibb & obb, plus Cloudberry Kingdom and DuckTales: Remastered! Check out all the details on each game below.

PlayStation Store Play 2013

July 23: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (PS3/PS Vita) – Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark is a fast-paced stealth platformer featuring brutal hazards, ruthless enemies, fiendish puzzles and red pixels galore. Jump, sneak, and be chunked through 80 levels. Will you make it out alive? Armed with only your wits and a pair of top-of-the-line Stealthing Goggles, it’s your job to sneak your way through a deadly facility that’s determined to extinguish your fragile little life. With no weapons and no armor, being seen means instant death. Stay out of the light to avoid the attention of deadly security robots! Leap like a lusty salmon to avoid those zap-happy lasers! Think fast as the walls close in around you! And once you’ve defeated these deadly chambers (or they’ve defeated you), create your own fiendish death-rooms in Stealth Inc’s fully-featured level editor. This game supports Cross Buy and entitles you to both the PS3 and Vita version! Pre-order Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark starting July 16 for $9.99 ($7.99 for PLUS members).

July 30: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3) – Unhappily ever after. That’s how it starts. The Orb resurfaces and the classic characters return. Kobbler with his mania, Princess with her endless boredom. It’s only a matter of time before Bob, our hero, shows up to put order back to madness. Three powers struggle for victory and the fate of Cloudberry Kingdom hangs in the balance. What will become of the retired hero, Bob? Will saving Princess one last time win her love? Could true love ever stop Kobbler and the power of the Orb? No, probably not. But hey, it’s worth a shot! Cloudberry Kingdom is designed with a fully random level generator, which means very level is brand new — you’ve never seen it before. Play as 10 hero types and unlock more. Includes support for up to four players with local multi-player and co-op. Pre-order Cloudberry Kingdom starting July 16 for $9.99 ($7.99 for PLUS members).

August 6: ibb & obb (PS3) – ibb & obb is a two-player cooperative game set in a puzzle-filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together. Find a friend for some true local cooperative couch fun or match up online. Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover the eight hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum. All levels have their own unique music composed by Kettel (LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettel) known for his warm melodic electronica. Pre-order ibb & obb starting July 16 for $9.99 ($7.99 for PLUS members).

August 13: DuckTales: Remastered (PS3) – DuckTales: Remastered is a hand-crafted, beautiful reimagining of one of the most iconic 8-bit titles of all time. Go back to one of the golden ages of gaming, but now refined with a level of detail that will please hardened Disney or retro Capcom fans. Featuring hand-drawn animated sprites, original Disney character voice talent and richly painted backgrounds from the classic cartoon TV series, Scrooge McDuck and family come to life like never before. The gameplay retains the authenticity of its 8-bit predecessor, simple and fun and including slight modifications to improve gameplay flow and design. Embark on an authentic DuckTales adventure, as Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie travel to exotic locations throughout the world in their quest to retrieve the five Legendary Treasures. Pre-order DuckTales: Remastered starting July 16 for $14.99 ($11.99 for PLUS members).

If you are heading to San Diego Comic-Con 2013, all four games will be available to demo in the PlayStation booth from July 18-21th.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Suicide_Surfer said:

July 15th, 8:05 am

Yawn

PhillyTheCat said:

July 15th, 8:09 am

Tired much?

JTruF210 said:

July 15th, 8:10 am

Really wish Sony would push for all PSN games to have to have Vita compatibility. I prefer smaller, indie games on my Vita than PS3. That OLED just looks amazing.

I’d def pick up 2 or 3 of these if more were on Vita…esp DuckTales

S1lentSurviv0r said:

July 15th, 8:11 am

Ducktales! Day1 buy…. Or pre-order in this case. While I do believe this kind of game would be best on vita, I know theres no plans to release it for that system. So I’ll take what I can get. This is a classic game and I hope any changes were made for the better, if that could be done.

After the release and whatnot, and all the sales come in, would it be possible to put it on vita too then?

kilburni86 said:

July 15th, 8:11 am

Stealth Inc. looks great and I’ve been excited for Duck Tales since it’s announcement. Looks like I’ll be headed for 20% off and at least $3 back!

Mister-Nep said:

July 15th, 8:12 am

Not sure if I’ll get ibb and obb, but I’ll definitely pick up the other 3. If I have enough money then I’ll pick it up as well, but my interest level for it isn’t very high.

BlueRobotX said:

July 15th, 8:12 am

Looks like I while have to look into all these games so I can pre-order them to get 20% off plus $10 back, though I’m defiantly going to pre-order DuckTales.

chavez1138 said:

July 15th, 8:12 am

hard to say no to duck tales and ibb & obb

akisuo said:

July 15th, 8:13 am

Ducktales and Stealth for me. Mostly excited for Ducktales Remastered since I never played the original.

chavez1138 said:

July 15th, 8:13 am

all these titles would be instan sale for me if they were on Vita

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 8:26 am

At least Stealth Inc. is on both PS3 and PS Vita. Buy the PS3 version and get the PS Vita version as a bonus. Or vice versa.

Grognard66 said:

July 15th, 8:13 am

That’s an incredibly weak line-up.

icurafuse said:

July 15th, 8:15 am

Cloudberry is a Vita game too. Is that a mistake or is it coming later to Vita?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 8:28 am

Wish it was coming at the same time than the PS3 version, but indeed the PS Vita version of Cloudberry Kingdom will be available on PSN a bit later this year.

Squiggle55 said:

July 15th, 8:16 am

Cool. I think this finally made up my mind about Ducktales. If the retail version had a disc it would be a no-brainer, but I think I’ll go with the PS+ discount and the xmb theme over the box and the pin for an extra 10 bucks.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

July 15th, 8:18 am

Stealth Inc looks like it’ll be a fun Vita experience. I wish it was still called Stealth Bastard. I’m not fond of censorship. $8 looks like a nice price for it.

DrApollo said:

July 15th, 8:21 am

I’ll be getting all 4 for sure!

DrApollo said:

July 15th, 8:22 am

Wishing Cloudberry Kingdom was coming to Vita though.

jou321 said:

July 15th, 8:22 am

Why isn’t Spelunky on this list?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 8:29 am

Spelunky will be available on PSN a bit later this year. Stay tuned for more news on Selunky soon.

cubbielovr said:

July 15th, 8:24 am

Definetly picking up Ducktales and ibb & obb, and maybe Cloudberry Kingdom. I was hoping the remake of Mickey’s Castle of Illusion would be involved, but oh well. I am very pleased with this selection. What were the people that are disappointed hoping to get?

Jakintosh said:

July 15th, 8:25 am

Wow, really? With all the great indies coming to PSN this summer, this is what you highlight? What about Luftrausers and Spelunky? Those two should have replaced ducktales and cloudberry, even though cloudberry looks pretty decent.

Ryumoau said:

July 15th, 8:25 am

great concept, too bad i don’t find any of those titles interesting. Even though i loved the Ducktales cartoon, i have no interest in playing that game.

MushThePainter said:

July 15th, 8:26 am

these are the types of games that would be perfect on vita. on that note, no buy for me

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 9:38 am

Please note that Stealth Inc. is also available on PS Vita. Buy the PS3 version and get the PS Vita version as a bonus. And vice versa.

RE_Player said:

July 15th, 8:26 am

Stealth Inc and DuckTales for me.

TwinDad said:

July 15th, 8:28 am

Ducktales, Ooh-Woo.

Cloudberry looks great too. Undecided on The stealth bastard.

Hogwild333 said:

July 15th, 8:29 am

All of the games sound interesting. I’m glad you are offering tiered rewards since it is unlikely that I will buy all four games. I’ve been waiting for ibb & obb for a long time so that one is a guaranteed purchase.

Gravellicious said:

July 15th, 8:33 am

For all the people asking for Spelunky, they usually use this sale for exclusives or timed exclusives. Since Sony is getting Spelunky a lot later than other platforms, it isn’t a surprise that it isn’t featured.

Gravellicious said:

July 15th, 8:35 am

Also, not a bad deal for PS+, all 4 games for $36, plus $10 back. I’ll have to check out more of the previews for these games, because at least three of them sound like I might buy them,

xClayMeow said:

July 15th, 8:36 am

What a slap in the face of Vita owners. Oh hey, buy 2 or more and get bonus credit…oh, but only one title is for Vita, sorry!

I really thought DuckTales would be on Vita. Guess I’ll be getting it on Steam then.

helbertpina said:

July 15th, 8:45 am

Awesome! Stealth Inc. Cross-Buy = Insta-buy! And Ducktales is pre-order for sure! The Plus discounts and cashback are just as awesome! That’s why I LOVE PlayStation (and Plus!).

cmdluke said:

July 15th, 8:46 am

DUCKTALES!!!! Been waiting for this one. that discount is just gravy. thanks!!!

BAEZE_L said:

July 15th, 8:51 am

ARE… YOU… READY… FOR……. EXCIIIIIIIIIIITEMENNNNNNNNNNT!!!!!!! BOOOOM!!!

You Are Sooooo Not Ready…..
….
….

BOOOMMMM!!! EXCIIIIIITEMENNNNNNNT!!!!!!!

Okay…

EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIITEMENNNNNNNNNT!!!!

Huh.

Ithuladon said:

July 15th, 8:55 am

I’m really liking this lineup. Will be snagging all four. Cloudberry Kingdom and DuckTales are my two favourites out of the bunch but ibb & obb looks like a lot of fun.

Compeau said:

July 15th, 8:56 am

Will Cloudberry Kingdom be cross-buy (once it eventually comes out on Vita)?

Randc7 said:

July 15th, 9:04 am

If Cloudberry Kingdom is coming to Vita….could I buy the PS3 version and get the Vita one for free when its released? In other words, is it Cross-Buy?

chavez1138 said:

July 15th, 9:08 am

@32 and @33 that would be awesome, good incentive to buy all 4 of them right now

agent1159 said:

July 15th, 9:14 am

#3 agreed. ive been hoping that they would adopt that policy where psn only games are always cross platform (complete with cross saves too!) even if I have to buy both versions.

I would love to be able to play some sonic, pac-man DX, journey, etcc on the vita as well!

thedolphinsrule said:

July 15th, 9:17 am

If you buy all 4 games you’ll get them all for $26 after the discounts and rebates. Not to bad to get games day 1 for this price especially if you already have the funds in your wallet. I hope that buy buying Cloudberry we’ll get the Vita version for free when it launches later in the year.

einstein_79 said:

July 15th, 9:19 am

Do we need to preorder the games for the discount and rebate, or can we just buy them when they release?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 9:43 am

The 20% off exclusive to PLUS members is only available when you buy a PLAY game during its pre-order campaign. That said, you can enjoy the “Game More, Save More” program (Get $3 when buying or pre-ordering 2 PLAY games, etc.) is available to all PSN Users through 8/19.

blackiemist88 said:

July 15th, 9:19 am

wheres TMNT?

thedolphinsrule said:

July 15th, 9:19 am

By the way!

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no DuckTales!

DuoMaxwell007 said:

July 15th, 9:22 am

The PLAY list is horrible this year.. theres usually 2+ games I want on it.. this time theres only one.. oh well.. and where sthe usual “free game if you buy all 4” deal?

TwinDad said:

July 15th, 9:24 am

The links don’t work for the store, is it not live until tomorrow?

AS somebody else said, I know the theme is likely tied to a pre-order, but is the PS+ Price pre-order only as well?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 9:52 am

Yes you are right. All pre-orders will be live tomorrow mid-dayish.

thedolphinsrule said:

July 15th, 9:26 am

Oh man! I didn’t realize that Stealth Inc is Stealth Bastard! Forgot about the name change. I would of went with Stealth Bastard.

Dientes_chuecos said:

July 15th, 9:28 am

Please answer my question: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark is Stealth Bastard Deluxe on PC?

thedolphinsrule said:

July 15th, 9:31 am

@43 Yep they recently had a contest to rename the game to make it more family friendly or something like that.

duke301 said:

July 15th, 9:31 am

I guess it is too much to ask to provide demos of these games during the preorder period? Although none of them really appeal to me, that doesn’t mean that I won’t like them. However, I’ll never blind-buy any game, especially one that doesn’t appeal to me. I’ve made that mistake in the past, and Sony generally doesn’t hand out refunds for those reasons. So I’m sorry to say that unless they provide demos, I’m out.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 9:56 am

I believe that most of those games will have a demo available when released on PSN. We unfortunately cannot run the demo during the pre-order campaign though.

dodgedoors said:

July 15th, 9:31 am

@TwinDad yes starting tomorrow the 16. Once the store updates preorders will be live. As for the prices, I think the PS Plus price will be available for the first week that game is launched in the ps store.

dodgedoors said:

July 15th, 9:32 am

Morgan will probably answer your questions when he publishes the Plus update for the week

AwRy108 said:

July 15th, 9:38 am

So, just making sure I read this correctly: as a PS+ member, if I pre-order all four of these, I get 20% AND $10 back? In other words, for spending $35.96 on the entire lot, I get $10 back? That’s actually a pretty great deal.

Now, someone please explain to me why SONY hates their handheld–every one of these games should be coming to the Vita, not just one or two of them. I love to play these types of games on the Vita; but, on the PS3, not so much.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

July 15th, 1:30 pm

Yes you are correct. Only PLUS members get 20% PLAY games when on pre-order. It is on top of also getting credits from PSN after the end of the campaign. See details of the program @ sony.com/play2013.

Megrim23 said:

July 15th, 9:39 am

Duck Tales was one of the greatest platform games of its time along side Metroid & a few others of course. Ill be picking that up for sure on day of release.

snakeeyes211 said:

July 15th, 9:40 am

Just a suggestion I think you should put videos of each game up! so people could see them and I want to buy them.. thanks and have a great day

PAGE 1 2