PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 26

Jul 26

Puppeteer Powers: Heads Will Roll

Gavin Moore's Avatar Posted by Art Director, SCE Worldwide Studios

Puppeteer is nearly upon us. To keep you satisfied until launch on September the 10th, we put together a short video that explains some of the concepts behind the strange and fantastical world of Puppeteer. I would ignore the weird English guy and his funny accent and concentrate on all the luscious, varied gameplay. If you like what you see — and you’re looking for a unique gaming experience this fall — then don’t hesitate to pre-order and pick up Puppeteer’s soundtrack for free.

Kutaro can collect more than 100 heads in Puppeteer, from the Hamburger head to the Lion head. But none are more valuable than the Hero Heads, each of which bestows Kutaro with a powerful new ability that you’ll keep for the rest of the adventure. The Knight Head will enable you to deflect incoming projectiles with the Shield Power — a useful method for dealing with some of Puppeteer’s massive bosses. With the Ninja Head you’ll wield the powerful Bomb Power, which enables you to hurl explosives at enemies and blow up parts of the environment. With the Moon Pirate Head, you can hurl a grappling hook that yanks enemies closer or latches onto a boss creature for an intense tug of war competition! Finally, the Wrestler Head lets you crash down on foes with Brute Power, which is so mighty that it can even shatter parts of the environment!

We’re looking forward to your thoughts on Puppeteer when it launches on PS3 in September. What else would you like to know?

Add Your Own

jostrea said:

July 26th, 6:53 am

Game of the year for me, already have my preorder can’t wait!!!!!! been waiting for this one since I first saw the trailer, wish Sony would make more platform games like this always my favorite always way fun to play thanks guys!!!!

NoPity_21 said:

July 26th, 6:53 am

I’m the puppet master cool game

Imputed7-14 said:

July 26th, 7:06 am

Game looks great, guys. When do we see the multiplayer in action? That makes the difference between a day one purchase and waiting a while for my family.

remanutd5 said:

July 26th, 7:15 am

Sony, Sony, Sony you know we want this game on the vita and you know you want to make it happen so announce that is coming to the psvita as well, this game is simple perfect for your handheld device and it will most likely expand the game fanbase.

tom110584 said:

July 26th, 7:32 am

Hi Gavin. This game really looks fantastic! I just wanted to know when we’ll be able to download that new demo you promised…?(-:

LordEleos said:

July 26th, 7:51 am

cool

Tigerriot said:

July 26th, 8:05 am

It’s a shame this isn’t a PS4 launch title. It looks so much better than Knack.

neon_tooth said:

July 26th, 8:09 am

already preordered. can’t wait. This and rayman legends (played on vita) will make this september all about 2d platformers. and I agree with remanutd5, we want a vita version…

MarinoBrea said:

July 26th, 8:14 am

The craft put into this game is second to none.

KidCommando said:

July 26th, 8:54 am

The game looks phenomenal, amazing, and down right FUN!

Keep doing your thing Gavin….even if your team hates you, we love you. :P

tusunami said:

July 26th, 9:01 am

Oh yeah these are fun game with platforming in mind, this will be another game to add to my list of games!!!!!!!!

stlthriot said:

July 26th, 9:20 am

Everything about this game looks amazing! Love the art style and that it is a sidescroller platformer!! :D

lisatsunami said:

July 26th, 9:30 am

This is beautiful and creative but I don’t like platformers. I know I’m in the minority but I didn’t grow up playing these types of games so I don’t have that nostalgic feeling for them.

I’ll keep this game in mind for when/if my current huge backlog of PS3 games ever depletes.

CatatonicAlex said:

July 26th, 9:50 am

While a vita version would be nice…I did buy a PS3 just so I could play this game.
Wouldn’t look as impressive on a vita.

Apeman24 said:

July 26th, 10:01 am

I want this game really bad, but it comes out the same day at the same price as kingdom hearts 1.5 HD remix, which I have pre ordered. I really like this game and it feels like a breath of fresh air, so when I am done getting the plats in KH I would love to pick this up. Great job guys, I hope more people learn about this game.

Welmosca said:

July 26th, 11:18 am

Been a while since I have this baby pre-ordered..since 2012 Puppeteer is my most anticipated game after TLoU…september cant come soon enough….I love the amount of bosses on Puppeteer….feels like I’m back to the good old PS1 era….nowadays is hard to see a game with a ton of bosses.The art on this game is fantastic,everytime I look at it I stay amazed….I just cant wait…Puppeteer has potential to be one of the best games this gen and ever.

Dracont said:

July 26th, 11:19 am

Can you plz bring a PS Vita Version of this game?

MKPACK said:

July 26th, 11:43 am

This looks awesome. I want to play it on my Vita. Will remote play be enabled?

P_AULOr said:

July 26th, 11:45 am

The Demo will be avaiable?

P_AULOr said:

July 26th, 11:51 am

available*

rjejr said:

July 26th, 2:32 pm

Have Sony make this trailer a DL so I can watch it properly.

Really looking forward to the demo, hope it plays as good as it looks.

plaztiksyke said:

July 26th, 3:00 pm

Where is the digital pre-order??? Please answer!

Myself and several people I know with children are all waiting. Hopefully you aren’t determining the marketing budget based solely on pre-order of physical product.

PrinceofXIII said:

July 26th, 7:02 pm

love this!

PrimeroIncognito said:

July 26th, 9:55 pm

Lisa, plenty of people who didn’t grow up with platformers love them after playing them. I assure you, the appeal hasn’t a thing to do with nostalgia.

plaztiksyke, marketing budget was determined way before pre-orders were active. Way before development, even. Financial matters are usually measured around the same time the conceptualization process begins. I promise.

iREVOLTER said:

July 27th, 1:52 am

This game is simply amazing! Played the Japanese Demo earlier this month and I could say , I would like to see both Japanese and English Voices in US release PLEASE!!!, cause the japanese voices were amazing plus the feeling of being inside of theater is very well done. The artistic aspect is great . Can’t wait to pre-order it digitally.

zombie9 said:

July 27th, 5:00 am

Kid Chameleon meets sackboy very nice!!!!!! Anyway I wanted to know if we can still Play Create share?

Tim81DE said:

July 27th, 6:54 am

Can anyone please tell me if this is a digital OST or physical? I would love a hard copy for my collection!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 27th, 10:39 am

game looks AMAZING im looking forward to supporting it…..but can us HARDCORE GAMERS please get a new 2D/3D game..with guns and mele weapons that can be upgraded and a male AND female customizable characters…with online and couch split screen play and allow us to use our mini Bosses powers or weapons to defeat the FINAL BOSS..Please and Thank you SONY :P

Tim81DE said:

July 28th, 1:22 am

@28. So you want Borderlands? I DO, TOO!!!!!!!

boob-monster said:

July 28th, 1:54 pm

This game looks fantastic.

Veringetorix said:

July 29th, 11:19 am

This game looks absolutely refreshing. I have been following it since the debut trailer. My wife and I are excited to play it. Totally has that nostalgia aspect to it.