Knack 2

Aug 11

Aug 11

The Drop: Week of August 12th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

On PSN this week, DuckTales: Remastered is a hand-crafted, beautiful reimagining of one of the most cherished 8-bit titles of all time. Go back to one of the golden ages of gaming, but now refined with a level of detail that will please the most hardened devoted Disney or retro Capcom fan, alike.

Embark on an authentic DuckTales adventure, as Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie travel to exotic locations throughout the world in their quest to retrieve the five Legendary Treasures.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop!

DuckTales Remastered

DuckTales Remastered takes the classic Disney platforming adventure to a whole new level. All of the visuals from the 8-bit game have been beautifully re-created as hand-drawn and animated sprites, across a backdrop of luscious, re-envisioned level backgrounds.

Furthermore, original Disney Character Voices talent, including some from the cartoon TV series, bring in-game characters to life with charm and wit, while the classic melodies of the original soundtrack are given a modern twist. The game also features an all new tutorial level where players can get familiar with the iconic pogo jump and cane swing, while Scrooge McDuck’s Museum allows players to track all their stats and compare their progress with others via global leaderboards.

PAYDAY-2-814x1024PayDay 2

Put a crew together for the second entry in the thrilling heist shooter PayDay. Don the masks of the original PayDay crew — Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains — and descend on Washington D.C. for an epic crime spree. The new CRIMENET network in PayDay 2 offers a huge range of dynamic contracts and players are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to major league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults for that epic PAYDAY. While in D.C., why not participate in the local community and run a few political errands?

Open Me!

(For PS Vita) — An addictive augmented reality puzzle game for the PS Vita system that challenges players to think “outside the box”. The goal is simple: open the box and collect the items inside. But be prepared – each box has its own unique traps that require you to think creatively. There is also a multiplayer mode where communication skills and speed between players are key to opening these boxes. Take the challenge and think outside the box!

A-Men (For PS Vita) — A-men is a logic-based puzzle-platforming game focused on thought provoking puzzle scenarios, absorbing entertainment, and a charmingly classic art-style. March across four themed worlds and 40 complex action puzzle stages, using wits and quick movements to avoid dangers and unleash traps on foes who patrol your path.

BreakQuest-Extra-Evolution-e1351036581198BreakQuest: Extra Evolution BreakQuest is back in a whole new evolution! Stunning visuals and shapes, energizing physics and exciting sounds highlight BreakQuest: Extra Evolution, which offers 100 completely redesigned action-packed levels, each featuring own colorful design, elements behavior and visual effects.

Thunder Wolves Get in your helicopter, get ready, and go! The Thunder Wolves are the best helicopter pilots in the world, and they have already made it through countless battles. Every one of them is ready for action at any time, and ready to battle evil, no matter where it lurks. Get your helicopter airborne and get ready for some furious fireworks and top-class gaming action!

650x

Fruit Ninja (For PS Vita) — Swipe your finger across the screen to deliciously slash and splatter fruit like a true ninja warrior. But be careful of the bombs, which are explosive to the touch and will put a swift end to your juicy adventure!

mars-war-logs-640x236

Mars: War Logs In the destroyed world of Mars, two destinies mingle together. Two beings searching for their identity travel across a broken planet, constantly facing bloody political conflicts which tear the old colonies apart. Often divided, sometimes fighting the same enemies, both are the source of the advent of a new era…

Mars: War Logs is a sci-fi RPG action game that innovatively merges character development and light and rhythmic fights. it takes you on a journey deep into an original futuristic universe and presents you with scenarios dealing with difference, racism and environment.

Demos

Packshot_-_Outersleeve_043396425972_05791CCDSony Pictures

Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, & Digital) — When the White House (Secret Service Code: “Olympus”) is captured and the President (Aaron Eckhart) is kidnapped by a terrorist mastermind, disgraced former Presidential guard, Mike Banning (Gerard Butler), moves to action. As the national security team scrambles to respond, the secret service ground team is wiped out and it’s up to Banning to retake the White House, save the President and avert an even bigger crisis. Directed by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) and also starring Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd and Rick Yune.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

WilHiteWarrior said:

August 11th, 4:02 pm

DUCK TALES! WOO-OO!

july161986 said:

August 11th, 4:05 pm

2nd

july161986 said:

August 11th, 4:06 pm

sadly the only ones who will be playing ducktails is anyone in the age range of 25-35

littleman794 said:

August 11th, 4:06 pm

PayDay 2, nice. Think that’s just about it for me this week…

navcomm81 said:

August 11th, 4:06 pm

Preordered DuckTales on Steam, and I’m currently playing Thunder Wolves for review on PSN. Holding off on Payday 2 due to pricing.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 11th, 4:06 pm

FALLOUT3 FOR PSN

Knightedrik said:

August 11th, 4:07 pm

Ducktales and Fruit Ninja.. Yeah!

VanguardFate said:

August 11th, 4:08 pm

I always play that trailer 2 or 3 times just to hear the theme.

neuropunk said:

August 11th, 4:14 pm

7 years after the PS3 launched, we get to alphabetically sort our music, alphabetically sort our movies, our trophies are alphabetically sorted, but why aren’t our digital games sorted alphabetically? Why can we only sort by creation date and recently played?
Not talking about the store download list, but that would be nice too. No, I’m wondering why I can’t go to play a game in the list of 80 or so games I bought, PS+ games and demos, and have them alphabetically sorted. I am a bit OCD with it.
It’s funny how if you reset the PS3 File System that all the games default to alphabetical, but there is no way to keep them like that.
So, anyway I am just wondering why you guys have not implemented alphabetical sorting in a firmware update. And no, folders are not the same, and folders are not what I am asking.

Alastor424 said:

August 11th, 4:15 pm

Would you guys consider making the Killzone 3 multiplayer download discounted? Or Free for PS Plus?

mixedkidbx said:

August 11th, 4:18 pm

Why isnt the FFXIV ARR Open Beta Demo NOT listed? Open Beta runs from the 17th to the 19th. Also why has there been no word for those of us who were in the previous beta phases about getting our access to it?

juarias70 said:

August 11th, 4:21 pm

Finally Duck Tales, yeah!!!!!!!!

PhillyTheCat said:

August 11th, 4:23 pm

Fruit Ninja $7.99…theory.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 11th, 4:24 pm

I pre order xcom I buy tales of xillia but did not like it as much thinking about pre ordering Splinter Cell but it don’t say anything about the DLC so im holding back maybe Diablo 3 come out on the psn this week for pre order

IIL0YDII said:

August 11th, 4:26 pm

CRASH BANDICOOT AND SPYRO FOR PS VITA!

VanguardFate said:

August 11th, 4:27 pm

@3 Yeah, I remember reading some articles where they was focus testing the game on children and they had no clue who Uncle Scrooge was or what any of it was about. I wonder if they did at least like the theme song. If not, then I just don’t know about the young generation…

smallestofseeds said:

August 11th, 4:33 pm

Sooooooo… When can we pre-order GTAV from the store?

DeathGazer said:

August 11th, 4:36 pm

Decent week. Ducktales is already paid for :)

Still waiting impatiently for Spelunky and Lone Survivor

Ghostwize said:

August 11th, 4:38 pm

Well….yeah, I’m a 32 year old man, Woo-oo! Must…..resist…..nostalgia. I played the heck out of Ducktales on the NES and I’m not sure if I want to subject myself to that type of punishment at that age. I beat Megaman 10 a while back while my 7 year old watched and it was one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I’ve had in a while lol. That Mars RPG looks pretty cool though. :D

purse317 said:

August 11th, 4:40 pm

Decent drop but I have to ask why aren’t we getting those european deals. Their summer festival blows our sale or lack their of away and I’ disappointed.

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Malicious
Super Stardust HD Complete
Linger in Shadows
MotorStorm 3D Rift
Castle Crashers

All on sale just not here for us

HanGlacy said:

August 11th, 4:47 pm

Boring! Ill pass im waiting killzone, real boxing and ffx..

purse317 said:

August 11th, 4:49 pm

@24

Good point their is usually some glaring error in the drop post every week. For a blog that communicates with the public to keep us interested in the Sony brand errors like this are just inexcusable or at least they should be. One error ok sure 2errors alright fine but week after week after weeeeeeeeeeeeek makes me wonder who is running things and why aren’t they correcting the problem..

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 11th, 4:53 pm

Fallout3tails lol

Johnny_Leyenda said:

August 11th, 5:03 pm

I thought Dive Kick was released this week? I’m really looking forward to that game.

Ryumoau said:

August 11th, 5:03 pm

sigh…nothing for me this week since Ducktales is too overpriced imo.

Hopefully they will start doing preorders for One Piece PW2 tuesday. I hate how EU gets all these preorders so early yet we either way to the last minute for don’t do them at all (Tales of Xillia). :(

Demonhunter84 said:

August 11th, 5:04 pm

Ducktales! Finally coming out. Loved the show growing up but never played the game growing up. I hope if it does well, we get Ducktales 2, Darkwing Duck, Chip n Dale.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 11th, 5:07 pm

I don’t like ducktails or the song the 80s and 90s suck.

helbertpina said:

August 11th, 5:12 pm

Looking forward to downloading DuckTales!!! I very rarely buy games on release, but this one I even pre-ordered! :D

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 11th, 5:16 pm

Growing up with bully in school was not a ducktail.

cjndel said:

August 11th, 5:17 pm

Dear PlayStation Plus Gods, can you please give us THE MATRIX “PATH OF NEO” for our collection? PLEASE?!?!?

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

August 11th, 5:21 pm

Could you guys maybe “DROP” Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops onto the Vita store? Please?

UNHOLYxNbK said:

August 11th, 5:22 pm

As a vita only owner, sad to say nothing for me again. Havent seen a decent core game since soul sacrifice, and that lost its luster after a couple weeks. Sad to see emulators on my phone giving me more entertainment then the device I paid $300 for specificaly. Come on sony, I know u can give the vita better support. Im gona give killzone mercenary a chance and if that fails im definitely trading in my vita before it loses anymore value.

chrisgomez3030 said:

August 11th, 5:22 pm

hope ducktales remastered is not that expensive…

Doc_Tury said:

August 11th, 5:23 pm

DuckTales already preordered! and by the way I’m 35 years old! Great time for a little bit of nostalgia!

Gamerzlimited said:

August 11th, 5:31 pm

About time the Vita gets Fruit Ninja. Been wondering when will it receive it since the Vita has touch screen support. I hope we get Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots as well.

baconcow1812 said:

August 11th, 5:39 pm

Where is Spelunky on Vita? Please bring it before I double-dip on Steam instead of my Vita.

Hitokiri_03 said:

August 11th, 5:40 pm

lol The dude don’t even read before posting.

auron2 said:

August 11th, 5:44 pm

@36 We have been asking for MGS Portable Ops for weeks but no news, maybe this is actually not the place to ask for it, since I don’t know if it’s Sony’s or Konami’s fault. I hope that at least the people in charge of the PS Blog can make our request reach whoever is in charge of those things.

MarkakaJin said:

August 11th, 5:59 pm

Finally Fruit Ninja is coming to the PS Vita. I really like the game. Since Fatal Frame 1 and 2 is out as PS2 classics, which I wished for and it was finally granted, how about Fatal Frame 3? I have not played the third game and it would be awesome to have that release as a PS2 classic. Also, MGS Portable Ops must come too.

Sangetsu-II said:

August 11th, 6:10 pm

So many PS Vita games this week, this is gonna be sweet.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

August 11th, 6:12 pm

@43 — I’ve actually been asking for MGS Portable Ops since the Vita came out (on this blog, as well as on Sony & Konami’s Twitter accounts).

I never played it on PSP because I couldn’t get used to the awkward control scheme. But with the dual sticks on Vita, it should be awesome.

deathuponhe52 said:

August 11th, 6:44 pm

when is the t@g app coming out for the vita been waiting for it for a while and it’s been a long time since an app came out when is niconico going to update

rangerfan7187 said:

August 11th, 6:54 pm

@3 hey don’t totally write off my generation. I’m sixteen and although I only vaguely remember watching the show as a kid, I’m getting the game just because I missed out on the original and I’m a sucker for 2d platformers. Can’t decide if I should buy it retail or on PSN though..

smokinjoe1989 said:

August 11th, 7:02 pm

little embarrased to say im puttin my money on ducktails, the trailer with the old school song did it for me

duke301 said:

August 11th, 7:14 pm

Ducktails for me. I preordered the first week. I never watched the show, but the game is truly great. I had a lot of fun playing it back in the day.

@49, Nothing to be embarrassed about. Ducktails is one of the better titles to come out on 8-bit Nintendo. In the description it says that it was one of the most beloved 8-bit titles of all time, and that is nothing short of the truth. It belongs in any serious old-school gamer’s collection, especially now that it has been remastered.

jchill001 said:

August 11th, 7:30 pm

were the winners for the tales of villa twitter giveaway announced yet?

xClayMeow said:

August 11th, 7:44 pm

Never heard of BreakQuest, so I Googled it…

– PlayStation Network Exclusive game PS Vita natively and minis version.
– Freemium model: scoreboards and trophies works in the free version.
– 100 exclusively designed levels with new stylish art redesigned for PS Vita screen.

Awesome, sounds like what was done for Jetpack Joyride! This is what the mini/PSM market needs to do for Vita – offer free games with optional microtransactions.

Mando44646 said:

August 11th, 7:46 pm

Id buy Mars: War Logs on Vita, not at all interested on PS3. Since this doesnt specify, I assume it is releasing on both?

cortiz2092000 said:

August 11th, 7:50 pm

Seriously that’s it for the vita stupid puzzle games, that no one gives a dam about! Forget it Sony, just forget it -_- at least make more freakin psp and ps1 games compatible with my freakin vita

xClayMeow said:

August 11th, 7:54 pm

@cortiz, Dragon’s Crown just released last week and KZM releases next month. You seriously think a AAA title is going to drop every week?

While it’s completely stupid that DuckTales isn’t on Vita, I’m perfectly fine getting some F2P mobile/mini games – at least they’re not trying to overcharge us.

PAGE 1 2 3