Final Fantasy XV

Aug 14

Aug 14

Battlefield 4: Bring Your PS3 Stats to PS4

Vincent Vukovic's Avatar Posted by Global Community Manager, DICE

This holiday, DICE will unwrap the next generation of all-out warfare with Battlefield 4. That means best-in-class multiplayer is coming to PS4 with huge 64-player battles, running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.

Even if you start playing on PS3, we want to make your transition to PS4 easy. That’s why we’re notifying the devoted Battlefield and PlayStation communities that all of the time and effort you spend building up your Battlefield 4 stats will carry over when you upgrade to PS4.

That way, on October 29th, you can get in the game without any worries that you’ll have to start ranking up all over again when PS4 launches. We got your back.

Battlefield 4 on PS3 and PS4

Today we also wanted to inform the community that DICE is promising to keep the action going all year long with the return of Premium membership for Battlefield 4. With membership, players can expect themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content, and personalization options. And just as your stats, unlocks, and rank will be transferable from PS3 to PS4, so too will Battlefield 4 Premium membership.

Tune into EA’s 2013 Gamescom press conference on August 20th at 10:00AM ET for the first look at Battlefield 4 Premium content. You’ll also get the scoop on an all-new Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map.

Let us know what you think of this news. Thanks for reading!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Apocwhen said:

August 14th, 11:48 am

Any chance of having a “Shared Soldier”. So I can play on PS3/Xbox/PS4 or whatever, then when I want to play on PC I can just use the same ranked server?

Isn’t it all stored on Battlelog anyway?

PatriotEyez27 said:

August 14th, 11:48 am

Trolling at best ;)

akiratech said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

nice I’m all over this when it comes out good job DICE!

DeMolay145 said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

Very, very interesting!

But one thing is far more important! WHEN does our beloved PS4 will release?

What about PS4 launch in Brazil?! We can’t wait!

KwietStorm said:

August 14th, 11:50 am

So this confirms that PS4 will launch AFTER October? :/

Apocwhen said:

August 14th, 11:50 am

Sorry, ranked Soldier I mean*

KwietStorm said:

August 14th, 11:51 am

It better not be December.

SJay1994 said:

August 14th, 11:53 am

Shots fired

Xcaligamer1 said:

August 14th, 11:53 am

ps4 ps4 ps4!!! gimme a release date already lol

ATOMS11 said:

August 14th, 11:54 am

Well done Dice! Here’s to dropping bombshells! This actually reinvented BF3 for me.

snakeeyes211 said:

August 14th, 11:54 am

Shots fired shots fired

HeavyToka said:

August 14th, 11:55 am

Can’t wait for BF4 on PS4!

mikeyvittelli said:

August 14th, 11:55 am

Some very well done Call of Duty/Xbox retaliation! :D

steadydecline said:

August 14th, 11:56 am

one time only is BS i want to play on both i have friends only on ps3 version.

acousticghelo said:

August 14th, 11:56 am

transfer stats? how about the game itself? I mean, if I buy the PS3 digital game, am I eligible for download on PS4? or even additional payment or discounted price? hmhm….

vanwinkle said:

August 14th, 12:00 pm

“coming to PS4 with huge 64-player battles, running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.”

HNNNNNNGGGGHH

BuBBeRX said:

August 14th, 12:04 pm

Since nobody from Sony is giving any answer about the Tomb Raider bundle problem on PlayStation store, i will question this here.

Are you guys at least looking into the problem? Any ETA?

IrishDude2 said:

August 14th, 12:06 pm

This is great news. Would hate to start over. Does this mean weapons and all pass over without unlocking them again? I hope there is no trophy for reaching a certain rank. If there is, how would it work if someone has already gone past the required level? Pops up as soon as the game starts or would maybe need to start from 0 or anything under it? Better get myself back into BF3 again soon when I can get the time. Have so much to play right now

Vincent Vukovic's Avatar

Vincent Vukovic said:

August 14th, 2:15 pm

The DICE team is hard at work solving for the above, rest assured we’re looking at stats from every given angle. We understand how valuable your Battlelog stats can be, and we understand how important taking them with you is!

guitarded77 said:

August 14th, 12:08 pm

I’m guessing this is their response to CoD announcing the same thing today. Either way, Battlefield is my go to shooter.

coldkilla_255 said:

August 14th, 12:09 pm

Trolling at its best Nice job DICE/ EA post this just as Activision announces the same thing for Call of Duty on XBOX! lol SOOO looking forward to BF4 its in MY opinion the TRUE successor to Battlefield 2 on PC the BEST FPS EVER MADE!

kalispencer2 said:

August 14th, 12:12 pm

Why doesn’t the premium membership to BF3 carry over to BF4. A ton of people spent 120 plus for the game and the premium membership. Also unlocked weapons from BF3 should carry over to BF4. I’m still buying BF4 for the PS3 and the PS4, which will be another 120 for both games. At least give us a little more for all the money fans are putting in to make you guys rich.

rubio_plus said:

August 14th, 12:13 pm

Are you guys at least looking into the problem? Any ETA?

deafwing said:

August 14th, 12:14 pm

Good! I just watch the Call of Duty Ghosts MP reveal and they are doing the same thing if you just so happen to buy the game on current gen first … I’m torn. I don’t mind getting it later when I do buy a ps4 which isn’t at launch sadly. There just isn’t enough unique games out there on the system to convince me that I am actually interested in.

C’mon Sony show me the games!

snakeeyes211 said:

August 14th, 12:16 pm

I find this to be great because for those that won’t be able to get the PS4 in the release date or undecided on getting the system. They will later be able to join us on battlefield 4 on PS4 whenever they make the jump :-)

Vincent Vukovic's Avatar

Vincent Vukovic said:

August 14th, 2:16 pm

Glad you’re excited!

DICE plays on all platforms so it’s a passion of the studio’s to allow mobility.

KidCommando said:

August 14th, 12:23 pm

Thats cool, but I’m just going to wait for the PS4 version.

BlindMango said:

August 14th, 12:25 pm

This is nice, BUT the real question is, do fish swim away from you when you get close to them in this game? lol

On a serious now though, thanks for actually acknowledging the PlayStation console when revealing this feature, unlike Activision.

Vincent Vukovic's Avatar

Vincent Vukovic said:

August 14th, 2:23 pm

Developing for this many platforms presents truly great opportunities, each console offers its own experience. Because of that, we’re excited to hear that you’re looking forward to Battlefield 4 on PS3 and PS4!

KazeEternal said:

August 14th, 12:30 pm

Guess this means PS4 won’t be out on October 20th lol.

MaFiaHDx said:

August 14th, 12:44 pm

if you buy the ps3 version of bf4 will you be able to play it on the ps4?

DieYoMoFo said:

August 14th, 12:45 pm

No way, I’m waiting on BF4 until PS4 launches.

GTA V in less than 5 weeks which should help hold me over until BF4 on PS4. Just say it…BF4 on PS4, sounds good right?

EFFIN_Kakarot said:

August 14th, 12:55 pm

I CAN NOT WAAAAAAAAIT!!!!!

nanaki85 said:

August 14th, 1:01 pm

one of my main PS4 games :D

D-Squad3 said:

August 14th, 1:03 pm

I guess the PS4 isn’t coming out in October. :(

dodgedoors said:

August 14th, 1:21 pm

Now I’m actually convinced it is October release. This is classic sony/Obi-Wan stuff “These aren’t the droids you are looking for”. This post is more about the people who won’t be buying PS4 at launch. They are just saying if you buy a PS4 at anytime you won’t lose your BF4 stats if you start playing on the 4.

hockeyswe said:

August 14th, 1:26 pm

That’s great! :D

KellyJaye said:

August 14th, 1:47 pm

Any word if Battlefield 4 will be doing a “Sony First” thing again like they did with Battlefield 3?

steadydecline said:

August 14th, 1:53 pm

all BF4 dlc comes to xbox one first.

NithSong said:

August 14th, 1:55 pm

I’m interested in BF4 if it has as good of team-based play as BF2.
BF3 was clearly a reaction to CoD.

nanaki85 said:

August 14th, 1:57 pm

@KellyJaye nah, this time Xbox gets the early dlc on BF4. oh well :P

trustter said:

August 14th, 1:59 pm

Just release the PS4 before BF4 and we are all good. No need for this tool.

ChangeDaBullets said:

August 14th, 2:26 pm

Should I cancel Call of Duty ghosts and get BF4 instead? I hear great things bout this game and i pre ordered cal of duty ghosts.. Would like to know =) Thanks

Carl-G said:

August 14th, 2:28 pm

Sounds like the PS4 won’t be out before October 29th then(& 1st of November in Europe) :( I WANT IT BAD :D

D-Squad3 said:

August 14th, 2:37 pm

Can you be a female soldier?

Gamerzlimited said:

August 14th, 2:50 pm

@D-Squad3 I think they already confirmed that female soldiers won’t be playable. You don’t want to see a girl getting shot, don’t you? Cause I sure don’t.

Jkr13 said:

August 14th, 2:50 pm

Very nice feature indeed! I hope to see something similar in terms of the actual game, allowing us to receive some sort of discount when going back to buying the game for the PS4. If this turns out to be true, I will definitely reconsider getting the game when it first comes out for the PS3!

UNC5052 said:

August 14th, 2:51 pm

Is the China Rising DLC included in the BF4 Premium? If so, will BF4 Premium be cheaper for people who already get it for free with the preorder?

so-knee said:

August 14th, 2:56 pm

Mr. Vukovic, who do I complain to about you guys giving the other next gen console timed exclusive maps? Considering the events, what steps are being taken to take advantage of the better specs in the PS4? Or is DICE aiming for equality in performance and visuals between the two thus short changing the PS4 again in addition to the timed maps?

Teflon02 said:

August 14th, 3:00 pm

Xbox does NOT get early DLC for BF4 actually, anyone who listened properly knows it was announced only the very first DLC on BF4 will be out on Xbox first. Tho I wish Sony had the early DLC again, guess it didn’t happen :(

plaztiksyke said:

August 14th, 3:14 pm

This is awesome. Does this mean there will be cross-buy for BF4 between PS3 and 4?

I’d gladly pay another $5 to “upgrade” my PS3 copies of BioShock (Infinite), Tomb Raider, EyePet, Ghostbusters, Book of Spells, etc to PS4-native versions that supports 1080p+PS4 Eye. I hope that other publishers take the same initiative that you guys have.

irishmofo79 said:

August 14th, 3:35 pm

Nice way to double dip into our bank accounts. What kind of carry overs do we get from BF3 PS3 to BF4 PS4? Why would I waste money on BF4 for PS3 just to turn around and buy it again for PS4? We the players and contributors to your paychecks should at least have some incentives from playing Battlefield series games to the PS4, and I’m not just talking a dog tag either. Take care of those customers that take care of you! On a positive note you guys are doing great work!

purse317 said:

August 14th, 4:08 pm

I wanna know if I buy the game digitally on one system say m yps3 do I have to re buy the game on my ps4. AIf I buy the game on one pc and upgrade to a bigger better pc I don’t have to re buy it so I’m left wondering.

PAGE 1 2