God of War

Aug 19

Aug 19

PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, August 22nd

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hi everyone,

We know that you’re all very excited to hear all of the exciting PlayStation news coming out of Gamescom. Be sure to keep your eyes to this blog all week for all of the stories, pictures and videos that will be coming to you directly from Europe.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning Thursday, August 22nd. This maintenance will start at approximately 12:00 Noon PT (1:00PM MT / 2:00PM CT / 3:00PM ET) and last until around 6:30PM PT (7:30PM MT / 8:30PM CT / 9:30PM ET). During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DannyMan001 said:

August 19th, 4:16 pm

Hey Paul, just wanted to let you know it says “So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during “Monday’s” maintenance window. That should probably say Thursday. :D Just lettin’ ya know.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 20th, 7:35 am

Good spot. Looks like the blog guys got that sorted out for us, thanks!

thebgj said:

August 19th, 4:16 pm

good to know

strider367 said:

August 19th, 4:19 pm

Wow only 6 1/2 hours this time. Could sony’s be progressing towards twenty first technology? Who am I kidding lol…

BuriedSorrow said:

August 19th, 4:22 pm

Dang, I was planning on checking my Account Management every hour between 3:00pm and 9:00pm this Thursday… there goes that. Thanks Sony!

PainOfSarrow said:

August 19th, 4:25 pm

so excitinggg

TXCScorpion said:

August 19th, 4:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna get my Divekick on and no man, woman, child, postman, troll, stream monster, dev, pr rep, admin or whatever religious figure you believe in shall stop me. Got some people to fraud.

Conrad_Max said:

August 19th, 4:32 pm

Thank you for the heads up, Mr. Sullivan.

YoungSpade141 said:

August 19th, 4:33 pm

Boy oh boy… gonna get busy with some psp gems on my vita during the maintenance period.

Painkiller360 said:

August 19th, 4:33 pm

Will we be able to watch Gamescom on live event viewer?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 20th, 7:36 am

Honestly, not sure. But it will be here on the blog and in PlayStation Home.

saab01 said:

August 19th, 4:40 pm

New features to the PS3 please

tusunami said:

August 19th, 4:41 pm

Good it’s about time it’s been awhile.

Gtagentleman said:

August 19th, 5:04 pm

Cant wait to buy GTA V on the Playstation Store!

KnifingGrimace said:

August 19th, 5:08 pm

Come on! Big price drop on the Playstation Vita and Playstation Vita memory cards! No whammies!

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 20th, 7:37 am

I loved that show back in the day!

DarkOne_PR said:

August 19th, 5:08 pm

How about some firmware update with new features huh?
its been way too long.

how about u give us the ps2 BC? for what i know a group of hackers found out that ALL ps3 can run ps2 games and u guys took it out…. why would u not give us the loyal and anti hackers customers the same but via the right path? We know u can do it. so pls start giving us what we deserve.

Teflon02 said:

August 19th, 5:09 pm

if you sign in between now and the time maintenance? If I got a a free game for everytime that wasn’t true lol, I’d have atleast 20 more games lol. I get screwed in almost every maintenance since the end of 2011

DarkOne_PR said:

August 19th, 5:10 pm

and yea drop those Memory card prices already! my 16 GB are already full and my ps3 HDD its on the same path.

DarkStar83x said:

August 19th, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up, but be prepared for griping if it goes over again!

chrisgomez3030 said:

August 19th, 5:50 pm

hope this doesen´t interfere with the killzone beta online.

WrekGar said:

August 19th, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this Paul

ninja-scout02 said:

August 19th, 6:36 pm

thanks for the warning!

but I think the “sign-in” advice isn’t totally clear, since I learned the hard way last time.

you can’t just “sign-in” once now then sign-out and be good through the maintenance window (it at least didn’t work for me last time). in order to access online play you must sign-in and STAY signed-in any time before maintenance starts.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 20th, 7:42 am

Kinda. It’s an authentication thing. Once you sign in your account gets authenticated for a period of time (days). During the maintenance PSN can’t authenticate your account. We time these announcements so that folks can get authenticated and have it linger through the maintenance, but still give folks plenty of heads up. Sometimes that timing can be tricky. If you’re on PSN frequently, I recommend logging in at least once on Wednesday to scoot that most recent authentication closer to the maintenance window.

snakeeyes211 said:

August 19th, 6:52 pm

Will we still be affected with all these maintenance schedule on the PlayStation4 ???

AL_B_614 said:

August 19th, 6:59 pm

Hi, i’m just curious if PS network is going to be down as frequently when PlayStation 4 arrives? Or will it be different or more of the same? Also will the network update by timezone? And what i mean by that is if i pre-order a game on PSN i cant get it at midnight on launch day, like if i went to a Walmart or Gamestop to buy it. And will we still have to wait until 7 or 8 pm for PSN Tuesday’s? I hope not.

AL_B_614 said:

August 19th, 7:03 pm

@ 21 i was thinking the same thing but u beat me 2 it.😃

Apeman24 said:

August 19th, 8:23 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

ltn2150 said:

August 19th, 9:06 pm

no updates huh

AizawaYuuichi said:

August 19th, 11:57 pm

Thanks for the advance notice, but I’m mostly sleeping and working during those hours, so no worries here.

Mrcorleone4 said:

August 20th, 12:28 am

suggestion maybe u guys find a way to send a email or msg thru PSN to everyone everyone may not log on here or play there system every day….js

Mrcorleone4 said:

August 20th, 12:29 am

I see alot of GTA V avatars add me ill be ready once GTA online comes out

Carl-G said:

August 20th, 1:52 am

Will this be a thing of the past on PS4 SONY??? I hope so! :D Not that i play online much anyway but it just looks bad on the internet when this happens. You know gaming sites just moan about it & it makes PlayStation look bad etc etc :(

Dungeonscaper said:

August 20th, 3:42 am

Half-Life 3 confirmed

Lithuaniaaa said:

August 20th, 4:09 am

he he..

EMORTAL9 said:

August 20th, 4:30 am

why puppeteer is not in store for pre-order?

The_Dukenator said:

August 20th, 4:56 am

@9 Theater 2 in PS Home atm. No idea about Live Event Viewer.

@14 PS2 BC was hardware and there are no plans to support it for the future.

duke301 said:

August 20th, 5:37 am

At least they finally wise up and perform their maintenance on a Thursday rather than Tuesday.

Dionysus-Jones said:

August 20th, 5:47 am

I’m hoping that this scheduled maintenance is related to something to be announced @ Gamescom

:-)

Mando44646 said:

August 20th, 7:39 am

You’re taking down the PS Store on the one day a week that the PS Store updates sales and new content? That is very poor decision making…

Mando44646 said:

August 20th, 7:41 am

nevermind, I see it says Thursday here.

I do hope PSN no longer requires down time like this when PS4 launches – after all, XBL has never had to go down on purpose like this in the 6 years I’ve had that

passivefamiliar said:

August 20th, 7:45 am

thank you, from the bottom of my gaming heart for not doing it on a tuesday. no sarcasim. no jabs. just a heartfelt thanks.

xfisticuffsx said:

August 20th, 11:08 am

awesome, good to know. thanks :)

retro25 said:

August 20th, 12:05 pm

Thank you for showing us our time zones for the maintenance this Thursday(mines in mountain time).

jose213jose said:

August 20th, 12:06 pm

I am hoping the PSN Maintenance team can fix a lot of problems like getting error code that force sign-out when log-in. PS3 update to fix how PS3 handles network connection for downloads, uploads, gameplay, and ect on network handling. It’ll be nice if most of the bugs in system is fix as well plus hope when PS4 comes out their won’t be a lot of problems with bugs being miss or test to make sure its bug free.

Maybe it’s time to get new bug/game testers who take their work for real, some games has to many bugs and their cut the corners to cover them-up. If you paid a lot of money for game it should work perfectly without bugs and problems on day one release.

Love PlayStation and all game company’s but take your work for real by having better support people who knows what their are doing. I remember talking with support people about problem I had and guess what. I did his job for him/her who knew nothing how to do it. Very sad to the core, if you need someone who’s good with support and knows most of the problems hire gamers sense their know more about problems. Never need to call support no more sense i can do all the troubleshoot myself with easy unless their problem i can’t handle myself then.

BlackKoolaid said:

August 20th, 12:29 pm

Would be more intelligent to do these maintenance over night when people are sleeping. But why am I expecting Sony to do something intelligent?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 20th, 1:04 pm

Due to these being global maintenance periods, it’s difficult to avoid work- and sleep-time across all time zones. We work to select the times that work best for everyone impacted.

CJ_vzla said:

August 20th, 10:14 pm

hi, im in south america but have a US psn account and it says PSN is under maintenance? isnt it supossed to happen on the 22nd? its been like this for something like 8 hours!

Rune_Valkyrie said:

August 21st, 6:13 pm

More PSP games for Vita please. Give us Final Fantasy I&II anniversary edition, FFVII Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts BBS its been a long wait already.

ArvindraHerod12 said:

August 21st, 11:45 pm

You have got to be kidding me. This is insanely stupid

Crasniya said:

August 22nd, 7:08 am

What the heck, Sony? Who the heck taught you it was a good idea to run maintenance during the primary play hours of your main customer base?

Crasniya said:

August 22nd, 7:09 am

Please at the least talk to CCP and ensure DUST 514 matches don’t count against us during that time, we have scheduled fights that many of our players won’t be able to make due to ineffective Sony IT choices.

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

August 22nd, 8:31 am

You and your fellow players will still be able to participate in any DUST events, Prime or otherwise. Just make sure you’ve logged on to PSN recently and you’ll be fine to play through the maintenance.

XxSalKNightROxX said:

August 22nd, 9:36 am

So are you guys are going to pull and patch the Arcade games in PSN? If you are planning on doing that please stop and let us actually use our PS Vita.

Yeye80 said:

August 22nd, 12:45 pm

Well, so long for them new camos that COD announced.

ITz-That-Ez said: