Spider-Man PS4

Aug 28

Aug 28

The Last of Us Multiplayer Update Out Now, Interrogation Mode Detailed

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us multiplayer gets some serious updates today with the deployment of patch 1.03. The patch is starting to roll out now across all regions, issuing several multiplayer fixes. In addition, a brand new game mode is being added to the suite, called Interrogation.

For more details on Interrogation mode, and the additional fixes deployed in patch 1.03, read on.

Changelist for Patch 1.03

Single-Player Fixes

• Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.

Multiplayer Addition

• New game mode — Interrogation

Interrogation is a 4v4, two-part objective game mode where rival factions vie to find and open the other faction’s lockbox, stealing the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team.

Players can get interrogations by shivving an enemy, or getting an enemy into the down state, then pressing triangle while next to them. Once your team collects five interrogations the location of the enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Your team must attempt to open the lockbox before the other team can collect five interrogations and open your lockbox first. Whichever team opens the opposing team’s lockbox first wins.

Multiplayer Fixes

• Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
  • Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
  • Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
  • Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
  • Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
  • Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
  • Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.

That’s all for patch 1.03 — expect a lot more to come over the next few months in future patches. Keep reporting any issues on our technical forums, and let us know what you think!

Be sure to check the forums this weekend and post your thoughts on patch 1.03. Talk with us and we’ll reward good thoughts. Participate in the thread and you’ll earn a cool, digital The Last of Us prize. See you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

ScreamAimFire999 said:

August 28th, 3:28 pm

Great news! Keep it coming Naughty Dog.

thebgj said:

August 28th, 3:31 pm

cool

Dope_Gamer713 said:

August 28th, 3:31 pm

can’t wait

KOOLWIIP said:

August 28th, 3:36 pm

thanks for the update guys. i was hoping for more character customization( gender, race, clothes). but thanks for an awesome game, love the single/multiplayer.. job well done :)

August 28th, 4:23 pm

Glad to hear you’re excited! We’re working on new stuff all the time.

godslayer1254 said:

August 28th, 3:38 pm

Interrogate sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the multiplayer update Naughty Dog; you guys rock!

August 28th, 4:23 pm

Thank you for the support! You keep us rocking. :)

AguilarX said:

August 28th, 3:45 pm

Best MP I ever played

AguilarX said:

August 28th, 3:45 pm

now for the single player DLC…

Busca-Cabezas said:

August 28th, 3:47 pm

This Patch news came unexpected… Best news of this month! I’m really happy about this new game mode! Can’t wait for tomorrow! Thk u so much PSBlog for this detailed info.

August 28th, 4:50 pm

It’s rolling out live now!

ps_n_blog_ac said:

August 28th, 3:50 pm

can wait!… you know i have some ideas for a multiplayer mode but not sure if naughty dog is interested ;3

Ryusennin said:

August 28th, 3:55 pm

Nice to see the messed up matchmaking system taken care of, but still… No fix for the glitched animations in single player with alternative skins? Seriously.

Jo2hat said:

August 28th, 3:56 pm

No sign of anything that will actually let me connect.

nanaki85 said:

August 28th, 4:05 pm

Hope there’s a fix for the crafting in multiplayer, example is you craft 3 items at once and you get a total of +30 parts instead of +90, you would have to close and re-open your bag every time you craft an item to get those extra +30 parts for each item.

August 28th, 4:52 pm

We’ll look into this. I believe it’s on the radar already but I’ll follow up.

OneManIndian said:

August 28th, 4:05 pm

Sounds great!!

marvel83 said:

August 28th, 4:06 pm

LOVE THE MULTIPLAYER NAUGHTY DOG!! And all the improvements that are being added. But why no infected vs Human mode? Or have infected in Survivor/Supply raid so teams are fighting on 2 fronts. And also add friendly kills so people are no longer being saved by moltovs and nails bombs.

August 28th, 4:57 pm

We don’t Infected in multiplayer hence no mode with them.

etscott said:

August 28th, 4:08 pm

Super loyal PS Plus user here. Just begging one change – please change the sounds on the playstation store. The confirmation sound when you select some items is for some reason the same sound as a Windows critical error sound. It just sends stress through my body everytime I hear it, and I often mute the tv before going into the store.

Thanks.

TimeWarnerSux said:

August 28th, 4:10 pm

Thanks for the late July/early August patch!!

August 28th, 4:59 pm

hey man, it’s not an exact science. This mode is epic and now the proper level of fun.

tusunami said:

August 28th, 4:14 pm

This is totally what’s needed this will be nice to try out hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!

bakerarmy said:

August 28th, 4:21 pm

Sounds like someone has been playing the killzone mercenaries beta.

August 28th, 5:00 pm

That’s an awesome beta but we’ve been working on this for quite some time to get it ready by now.

insano_jaco said:

August 28th, 4:22 pm

Great news!
But to be honest, I was expecting to see a multiplayer mode with infected, could be in waves, like the tank and chopper in Uncharted multiplayer… I hope we could see that in the future.

Cheers!

bakerarmy said:

August 28th, 4:23 pm

I like free and thank you!!!

Rozzacki said:

August 28th, 4:23 pm

I’d like a online game mode to fight zombies.. Like the more waves you do the more supplies you’d get.. Why can’t we have that? To say its a game about zombies.. & having online with no zombies.. It’s a little silly in my own opinion.

WILLDWILL-BR said:

August 28th, 4:27 pm

OMG! I NEED these t-shirts!

August 28th, 5:26 pm

Those are Naughty Dog exclusives. Sorry!

Dx13K41n092 said:

August 28th, 4:31 pm

awesome that its free and not 10$ dlc
much appreciated!

can we get better character customization next? maybe add campaign characters?

August 28th, 5:27 pm

Campaign characters won’t be added to the multiplayer. It’s about the Factions not the main characters. We are working on customization stuff.

DenisTanouyeAU said:

August 28th, 4:31 pm

Awesome update!
Agree with insano_jaco up there! Having 4 vs 4 with some AI clickers around the map would be amazing!!!

AndresGaete said:

August 28th, 4:32 pm

Genial

Gamerzlimited said:

August 28th, 4:33 pm

@Rozzacki First of all, they’re not zombies. They’re infected humans plagued by cordyceps (Not exactly, but something like that). It’s a game where people kill each other in order to survive. But I agree with your opinion, there should be one. It would add more replay value to the game.

Haven’t picked up my copy yet. Can’t wait to so I can join in on the fun.

August 28th, 5:28 pm

GO GO GO! Get that copy today. You’re missing out.

siavm said:

August 28th, 4:34 pm

This patch sounds cool but when is the season pass content being revealed? I really want to know.

August 28th, 5:32 pm

We’ll have news on it over the next couple of weeks.

BDurk15 said:

August 28th, 4:37 pm

I think it’s really cool to have Special Executions interruptible, but why does the victim still die automatically? (Yes, it goes without saying that the would-be executor should get robbed of his Parts earned) I could see maybe having the victim’s revive/bleed-out meter take a hit to make it more difficult to salvage his life (in terms of time), but to not even have a chance to actually save them feels like it defeats the purpose. Not to mention, it takes away a potential “feel good” moment from those involved in stopping it. Plus, it doesn’t even make sense… A move in the right direction, but I disagree with how the “fix” is implemented. Make it more rewarding for teammates “saving” their buddies.

Jkaayy said:

August 28th, 4:39 pm

Awesome update! Can’t wait to start “Interrogation” (I know I’ll love it like I’ve love the current ones)! Great job, Naughty Dog!

BDurk15 said:

August 28th, 4:47 pm

…Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I think Interrogation, along with all the other fixes, sounds really cool too! I just got preoccupied about the other thing.

Psyschock said:

August 28th, 4:53 pm

You guys better talk to SCEE/ SNEE and get them to allow you to release gore DLC for the EU. (Make it paid DLC as age verification if needed)

August 28th, 5:29 pm

That’s not going to happen, The changes were made at the discretion of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe out of respect for cultural variance across the PAL region.

II-JON-RAMBO-II said:

August 28th, 5:07 pm

That’s gret news I loved the single player in this game and really like the multi player as well. One thing I wish they would fix in multi player, a couple of times now while I am doing a mission, the multigame loads up or just about loads up and suddenly for no reason it ends, and I have lost all of my clan or a big percentage of them. Last night it happened, I only needed to gift a team mate 1 more item to save a lot of my faction, and the game kicked everyone before it loaded up and I lost 40 % of my faction, really annoying when you work so hard to build it up.

Also does anyoen know when they might be adding more maps in this game ?

August 28th, 5:31 pm

Can post up more specifics about your errors in your technical forums? Or DM me at Eric-ND.
    We’re working on a lot of cool new things for MP and will be talking about them as they come ready.

barbasman said:

August 28th, 5:17 pm

Thank you Naughty Dogs and Sony this is pretty awesome, can’t wait to download the patch and play after this mayor update! Thanks again, you guys really rock! \m/

FourEyedBear said:

August 28th, 5:24 pm

any chance of adding a multiplayer survivor mode?

August 28th, 5:33 pm

We’re working on all kinds of things for MP right now. We’ll see what’s fun and what isn’t.

AliciaDarky said:

August 28th, 5:33 pm

I would like to be rewarded for the difference between victims and deaths =/.
Great update, anyways =).

Od1n757 said:

August 28th, 5:43 pm

is this the dlc news we were promised was coming in august?

mrpaulryan said:

August 28th, 5:46 pm

Thank you! I’m really excited to jump back in now that matchmaking and teams will be more balanced.

EggySong85 said:

August 28th, 6:00 pm

This is kind of like the interrogation mode in the Killzone Mercenaries Beta. Glad you added it! It’s a really fun twist to multiplayer!

D-Rod24_7 said:

August 28th, 6:02 pm

in the next patch you guys should make a new game mode where its Co-Op and survive a wave of clickers and runners and sometimes deal with bloaters! i think that would be pretty intense? does anyone agree?

AldusJ said:

August 28th, 6:07 pm

How about the Gore setting option in MP? What does it do? It’s not so obvious.
Anyway, it does not seem to stick. When I start the game again Gore is set to On, even if I had set it to Off the last time.

I usually don’t like MP, but the MP of TLoU is awesome. I can’t stop playing it!

LSMJGO said:

August 28th, 6:14 pm

will there be a bonus for winning a match of supply raid by a large margin?

MrJoaoTorres said:

August 28th, 6:48 pm

Great update guys! I think a survival mode would be really, really cool, like, 4 people against a bunch of clickers and runners and the final round would be 3 bloaters or something like that. Anyway, looking forward to future content! :3

socom_guy said:

August 28th, 7:16 pm

I’ve got a completely unheard of idea. How about NO updates and just don’t put the game on the market until it is complete.

BlindMango said:

August 28th, 7:33 pm

Nice!!! I actually made a thread on the ND forums on how the team balancing was… bad. Haha, nice to see it’s fixed!!! =D I got the platinum trophy in the game a week ago and found the multiplayer really, really enjoyable (whenever the teams were balanced correctly, lol) and it’s nice to see that fixed and also nice to see a new game mode! I’ll be checking that out ASAP!

Also, I guess this update doesn’t fix the single player trophy issues where sometimes trophies don’t pop sometimes for some players unless you play the game offline, or did you guys fix that recently? I’m not too sure if you did or not =P

Anyway, good work on the update, love the game!!!

MCfromTMP said:

August 28th, 8:03 pm

Such a great game. I’m on my 7th playthrough of the story and multiplayer is way more fun than any Call Of Duty game.

GoldenShaka said:

August 28th, 8:07 pm

Hi Eric,

Any hope about patch the trophy list, so mp trophies don’t be a requirement for the platinum? I don’t understand, you guys handled good the trophy list in the uncharted series, putting the mp trophies as extras. We’re not too much but still there are people who love to play a great campaign (as uncharted or the last of us) and just by curiosity try the mp section. In TLOU the mutiplayer demands more teamwork/time, so for casual gamers is not easy. Well, thanks and continue doing a great work.

RedRum331 said:

August 28th, 8:18 pm

Wow wasn’t even expecting this, but I guess I’ll just expect an update at the end of every month. Thanks for your hard work and adding a new game mode. I think you guys should get you own site like Battlefield, it makes it easier to see news and stats. Thanks again and look forward to seeing more!

RUSHEXICAN said:

August 28th, 8:22 pm

Naughty dog – congrats on such masterpiece ! Really addicting mp. A few glitches here n there for example nail bombs disappear when I’ve placed one on the ground and being put in a match that’s been started. Other than that Thank you for awesome gameplay and hours of entertainment !!!!!

ClearClover said:

August 28th, 9:00 pm

First of all, I’d like to thank Naughty Dog for creating such an amazing game, you seriously are my favourite videogame developers…

I love the single player, in every way, it’s so far the best game I’ve played, and I consider that I’ve played a considerable amount of games in my lifespan. Now, I really appreciate this new addition to the multiplayer section of the game, and while the multiplayer isn’t on par with what the single player has to offer, it’s still fun in its own way, however there’s one thing I really would like to be added to the multiplayer, and that’s the cordyceps infected.

I honestly think there’s a lot of potential with the infected, there could be a co-op “horde mode” full of evergrowing stronger waves like in Uncharted. There could be a team vs. team mode with maps where the infected are roaming. Hell there could even be a human vs. infected mode… I don’t know, I think there’s a lot of potential with the infected being added to multiplayer.

Still I appreciate the multiplayer for what it is, but I just wanted to put my thoughts and wishes out there, who knows… maybe one day… just maybe.

Thanks ND!

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

August 28th, 9:03 pm

Sweet, just started back into the multiplayer. Looking forward to the patch.

PAGE 1 2