Spider-Man PS4

Aug 29

Aug 29

PlayStation Blogcast: Live at PAX! This Weekend! Come See Us!

Nick Suttner's Avatar Posted by Lead Account Manager, SCEA

Bad news first: there isn’t a new Blogcast going up today. Good news: it’s because we’re doing it LIVE, BABY! This very weekend at PAX – specifically, at 12:30pm on Saturday 8/31, in the Pegasus Theater. It’s our very first live episode, and we figure we may as well make it as terrifying as possible by doing it in front of a room full of strangers. So please, come be one of those strangers!

Official PlayStation Blogcast Live!

Join us for our very first live podcast, farm fresher than ever! All the nerdy game talk and lame puns you’ve come to expect, crowd Q&A, live Mystery Themes with prizes, and much more! Hosts Sid Shuman and Nick Suttner (and a special guest or two!) will be rocking the mic, so come help us make this thing awesome! Bring your PlayStation love and your best Blasto cosplay.

• PEGASUS THEATRE
  • SATURDAY 8/31 12:30PM – 1:30PM

If you’re not lucky/savvy enough to find yourself in Seattle, we should be able to record it and post the audio later, but no promises. And really, you’ll want to be there in person for Sid’s horribly inappropriate wordplay, Justin’s youthful gleam, and my general musk (it really fills a room!).

Joking aside, we have some awesome special guests, and some niiiiice things planned for the Q&A. Seriously, bring a question, it will be worth your time. In gold bullion.

Speaking of which, now’s a great time (to invest in gold bullion, but also) to send us an e-mail or voicemail – if it’s a good one, we’ll read/play it live on the panel!

E-mail us: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Call us: 650-288-6706

That’s about it, hope to see you on Saturday!

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin Massongill

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Mystery GuestOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Mystery Guest

The Cast

Add Your Own

DarkOne_PR said:

August 29th, 12:54 pm

hoping to see some new trailer of deep down! and hopefully confirmation if its a ps4 exclusive. also want to see some new vita AAA game announcements :)

lisatsunami said:

August 29th, 1:00 pm

I’m sure it will be fun. No need to be nervous since we all like all of you.

I’ll catch the blogcast download later.

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

August 29th, 2:16 pm

Thanks! We’ll do our best to get the audio up online.

jonny2010 said:

August 29th, 1:13 pm

hey is anyone having problems updating the new vita update 2.61? i cant seem to update my vita, then when the error comes up it freezes on me when i click ok. : (

TwinDad said:

August 29th, 1:54 pm

You mean I get to see the beard in person and live? That’s worth the price of admission alone!!!

Is there a flame app for the Vita so we can have the crowd with lighters?

I should be there as long as I can find a seat.

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

August 29th, 2:18 pm

Yep, it’ll be there, bright and bristling!

Hope you can make it, I’m sure there will be plenty of seats.

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

August 29th, 4:16 pm

Careful with the lighters, that beard is highly flammable.

Ryumoau said:

August 29th, 2:01 pm

hope you guys have fun at pax.

Kchow23 said:

August 29th, 2:17 pm

Will this be an annual thing? Would give me more reasons to make the 2-3 hour trip to Seattle :)

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

August 29th, 2:20 pm

We’ll have to see how it goes. If it’s great, I don’t see why not! If it’s a disaster, never again. :-)

Alastor424 said:

August 29th, 2:49 pm

Any word on a digital release for Kingdom Hearts 1.5?

Ryumoau said:

August 29th, 2:51 pm

@7

i’m hoping for that as well, since my ps3 doesn’t read game disks anymore. :(

But i heard Square can’t put any KH games digitally because of either Disney or Utada’s music legal issues.

TwinDad said:

August 29th, 2:54 pm

Don’t let failure be a show stopper.

It’s not like it might turn out like the (in)famous Destructoid panel.

avatarguy said:

August 29th, 3:08 pm

Could you guys pick one day and stick to releasing the podcast on that day please?

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

August 29th, 3:36 pm

It comes out on Thursday 90% of the time, so you can generally plan for that, there are just exceptions that often happen around industry shows, and in this case a live show. But Thursday is your day.

Kung_Fu_Bricks said:

August 29th, 3:08 pm

Look forward to hopefully hearing it online. I wont be there *hangs head down in shame* but I know you guys will be awesome I love listening to the show.

Nick Suttner's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

August 29th, 3:37 pm

Thanks! Hope you can make it the next time around.

quirowekjefhgekr said:

August 29th, 3:41 pm

lol, you beat me to it nick. i was about to tell @10 what you said.

well, anyways, good luck at pax, although you may not need it since you guys are so wonderful. :) you never know. say hi for me? :)

Draxido said:

August 29th, 3:45 pm

This is it SCEA, Europe got for PS VITA :

Jak&D Trilogy
Urban Freestyle
Little king
Stealth Inc.

YES PEOPLE, 4 GAMES (crossbuys in JYD and Stealth, i have a friend with EU account)

AND YOU GIVE US A PSP GTA AND A RAYMAN ORIGINS THAT YOU PUT IN 6 DOLLARS 3 WEEKS AGO???

SERIOUSLY GUYS, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP !!!!!!!!

i always defended you in all the Spain forums and UK forums…. i always supported you because even if our IGC SUCK, you gave us nice discounts

BUT THIS IS IT, I DONT CARE IF I GET BANNED OR SOMETHING, I CANT BE QUIET WITH THIS ABUSE.

Seriously SCEA, you REALLY SUCK.

JKar275 said:

August 29th, 4:10 pm

Hi, Nick!

Good luck with the live Blogcast this Sturday at PAX!

In a future blogcast, could you please have a Q&A with the appropriate people at Sony who can discuss how we’ll be able to upgrade the HDD in the PS4. Also, we’d like to know if/how PS3 headsets will be compatible with the PS4.

Thank you.

B-Real206 said:

August 29th, 4:26 pm

Is this open to anyone in Seattle or do I need some sort of PAX badge? They sold out to quick for me :(

erleikur said:

August 29th, 4:57 pm

For anyone who might be as curious as me, the time is PACIFIC time, which means that would be 2.30 – 3.30pm CENTRAL time. Which is my time. ;)

BlindMango said:

August 29th, 5:15 pm

You guys should definitely do a live stream video of the podcast, if it’s impossible to do it this time around then definitely do it next time around, video podcasts are much more enjoyable from live events =D And of course rip the audio from the video and put that in the iTunes Podcast RSS for those that don’t want to watch the PAX video, lol – It sucks I can’t see it live but I’ll definitely give it a listen! DLB is one of the guys who won the contest and he’s with you guys (I’ve known him for five years, I’m one of the guys in his group that works on his website and stuff), he’ll probably get to see you guys live, freakin’ lucky… haha

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

August 29th, 9:32 pm

Wish i could be there in person. Hope you guys are able to record the audio, would love to hear it.

tusunami said:

August 30th, 8:55 am

It’s been awhile since i’ve listened to the PS Blog, I have to try & get caught up at some point hopefully.

erleikur said:

September 2nd, 8:15 am

Now, don’t tell us you did NOT record the Live show? When will it be posted for D/L? :)

TwinDad said:

September 2nd, 9:15 am

It was a great blogcast. It was cool to meet Nick, Sid, and Justin. I won’t spoil the two special guest, but it was nice to meet them both too.

A big thank you to Sid for the GOW3 special edition.

Nick, I’ve got a long list of indie games that I hope are on your teams list of games to bring to PS4. I’m very excited that the PS4 hardware is esentially a customized PC, and that it makes it easy for teams to bring their games to PS4.

binarymellon said:

September 3rd, 6:40 am

Still no podcast available?