God of War

Sep 10

Sep 10

Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Coming to PS3

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar Posted by Community Developer, Ubisoft

After staggering demand, we’re extremely pleased to announce that Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD — originally released last year on PS Vita — is set to arrive on PSN as a digital download in beautifully re-mastered HD!

Starring our first ever female playable assassin, Aveline de Grandpré, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation has received a comprehensive overhaul in preparation for its debut on PS3. Aveline has quickly become a fan favorite within the Assassin’s Creed universe, and we’re excited to bring her machete-swinging, poison-dart blowpiping, whip-snapping, and pistol-wielding action to a broader audience.

The groundbreaking AnvilNext engine returns to bring the steamy Louisiana bayou and mystical Mayan ruins to life with its unique tree navigation system, detailed physics simulation, and smooth animation.

AC Liberation HD Reveal, 03

AC Liberation HD Reveal, 02AC Liberation HD Reveal, 01

Liberation HD capitalizes on the move to more powerful hardware in every possible way, with improved graphics, re-mastered music and new sound effects, and added gameplay bonuses like new missions!

Play a pivotal role in the turbulent birth of a new nation as you fight for freedom, not only for yourself, but for your fellow citizens in Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

IIL0YDII said:

September 10th, 12:44 am

Atleast this time, you have no excuse for this terrible framerate drops on PS Vita version.

Jak23ft said:

September 10th, 12:44 am

So one of Vita’s only exclusives is no longer exclusive…

Error1355 said:

September 10th, 12:46 am

Maybe I’ll actually play it now… Even though I own it on the Vita. >_>

teflontactics said:

September 10th, 12:51 am

Fixing it on the PSVita would be nice; there’s no reason you can’t make it run smoothly, especially considering the graphical prowess of other games that run just fine. C’mon Ubisoft, help us Vita fans out.

iREVOLTER said:

September 10th, 12:54 am

Yeeaaay! Sony lets remaster every game now, from VITA .

Elvick_ said:

September 10th, 1:02 am

I love this game on PS Vita, as such have mixed feelings about this.

I wanted another PS Vita Assassin’s Creed, not the same game on PS3. And now, even if you do another PS Vita game it’d just be hurt in sales by people waiting for a port on consoles to happen. So now it just feels like you won’t at all. Which is a shame. Liberation is the start of the full AC experience on handhelds and it seemingly over.

I suppose it’s good the game will now get more exposure. Maybe now people can realize it’s not “crap” like they keep spewing online.

Then again, the game wasn’t given much attention by Ubisoft when it was comign out anyway. Let’s face it, Ubisoft ignored it’s existence 99% of the time to instead talk about only Assassin’s Creed 3, and only made the issue worse by releasing on the same day as AC3.

If you ditch the online trophies, then maybe I’d rebuy it on PS3 again, but otherwise I’ll just re-play the game on my PS Vita.

MarkakaJin said:

September 10th, 1:15 am

Since this is happening, might as well remaster Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines in HD.

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 1:16 am

What the hell are people complaining about on the vita version? I HAVE it from the White Vita bundle. There was never any framerate issues or anything. The game played beautifully, and perfectly fine……. But I do have to admit this is freaking annoying. Half the reason I bothered getting a Vita was for this game. If I had known it was being ported to PS3 a year later…………………… >.>

TexticleQ8 said:

September 10th, 1:20 am

Make it cross buy and cross play and I’m interested.

MarkakaJin said:

September 10th, 1:22 am

@9
What TexticleQ8 said.

IIL0YDII said:

September 10th, 1:22 am

@DragonIrons
“There was never any framerate issues or anything.”
Yeah right.

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 1:24 am

Ya #11… that’s right. I never had any problems playing it on my Vita.

IIL0YDII said:

September 10th, 1:34 am

@ DragonIrons
Digital Foundry Assassin’s Creed vs. PlayStation Vita google it, I guess you didn’t have any framerate problems with any AC game on PS3 either.

Welmosca said:

September 10th, 1:35 am

Terrible news…saw this as a rumor…and I was hoping for it to not be true…Vita exclusives should remain exclusives….Ubi jumping into the fray of greed hu…not surprising.

Don’t tell me this is coming to garbage box too…cuz if it is…I’ll stop supporting you Ubi.

Welmosca said:

September 10th, 1:42 am

Also what a stupidity to call it HD since the game is in HD already on Vita…the fact that you guys at Ubi made it poorly not using Vita’s full capacities,make the game not THAT beautiful to look at…but isn’t Vita’s fault.

I’ll stick with the Vita vesion…since this game is meant to play on Vita.

TeamGreen615 said:

September 10th, 1:43 am

What ever happened to Raising Phoenix?

DCS-Tekken said:

September 10th, 1:45 am

Games don’t belong on Vita to begin with… It’s about time companies stick to Home Consoles like the PS3…. Handhelds are for kiddies and that belongs to Nintendo… Let the kiddies on that platform keep to there own games….

All ur games are for adults and always should be for PS3….

Companies are ya Listening???

Stick to PS3 games….

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 1:49 am

ya IIL0YDII , that’s right. Now that you mention it I actually did NOT have any framerate problems with any AC game on my PS3 either LOL…… just because your system’s fracked up doesn’t mean the game was coded badly……

In fact I have about 70 PS3 games and the only one I’ve EVER had a framerate problem with was Skyrim….. not even going to get into Bethesda’s Bugrim.

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 1:51 am

Oh shaddup DCS-Tekken … I bought a Vita (practically a handheld PS3) to play games on long road trips or whever else I’m out of the house for a long time (like ….. in a doctor’s office waiting for 2 hours). PS3 isn’t exactly a mobile system ya dolt.

Jet_Cobra said:

September 10th, 1:54 am

I’ll just pretend this was the long awaited DLC for Assassin’s Creed III cause I never bothered to get the Tyranny DLC because it sucked.

Fardeenah said:

September 10th, 2:02 am

meh, here goes another vita exclusive down the drain

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 2:16 am

^ Pretty much dude….. in fact I’m probably not the only person who’s going to say this….. but since I already own the Vita version, and I’m not buying the same game twice…. If Ubisoft doesn’t bring out DLC for the Vita version to add these new missions, then I’m never buying a Ubisoft game on “day one” ever again. And if too many people do what I just said, they’re going to lose ALOT of money on future games from people waiting till a particular game’s price drops to like 20 bucks (or buying them used).

ClixWizard said:

September 10th, 2:31 am

Wow, a lot of negativity. I personally like games. I don’t own a PS Vita but I’m glad that I can get the PSN version for PS3.

AguilarX said:

September 10th, 2:32 am

heh, one reason to get a Vita, gone. not a big fan of this move. what Vita needs are more exclusives. but money is more important to these devs and AC Liberation didnt sell that well

loadstone007s said:

September 10th, 2:43 am

Loved the Vita version, was really fun playing AC in bed.
I’m really hoping for another AC game for the Vita…

nikrel said:

September 10th, 2:56 am

I feel like such a fool purchasing this for my vita. Not only did I not finish it, but now it’s coming to home console with better graphics.

This generation has taught me that Day 1, Month 1, Year 1 purchases are a thing of the pass because eventually everything comes out with GOTY Remastery discount.

ChaseHammerJ said:

September 10th, 3:26 am

This is horrible news. It was one of a handful of Vita exclusives and now its on every other system. So tired of HD remastered GOTY extra-Turbo enhanced editions screwing over people who buy this first.

IrishDude2 said:

September 10th, 3:40 am

Very disappointed in you Ubisoft. Very disappointed indeed. Your just money greedy b*****ds

DragonIrons said:

September 10th, 3:40 am

now that I’ve thought about it awhile, this is actually good for those who never GOT a Vita…… still……. what I said in comment 22 still stands. They’d better bring out these new missions in this PS3 version as Vita DLC.

vezonfan01 said:

September 10th, 3:49 am

*Sells vita*

IrishDude2 said:

September 10th, 3:57 am

Don’t bother selling your Vita vezonfan01. Nobody is even going to want to buy one now. One place it belongs to now is the trash unless you plan on giving yours a funeral

lisatsunami said:

September 10th, 4:02 am

Huh, I’m not sure what I think about this, either. Was there really “staggering demand” by the fans or is that PR hyperbole? I wish you had spent the money to make another AC Vita game. Sony is not going to let Vita die, Ubi; in fact, they’re doubling down by introducing several less expensive models and dropped the price on the superior current model and have something called Vita TV coming.

My white Liberation Vita is awesome. Please make more great games for it and soon.

Gamerzlimited said:

September 10th, 4:15 am

I’m ok with this. I don’t have a Vita yet, so probably a good thing because I will probably never get to experience this Assassin’s Creed game until now.

@IIL0YDII Says the person who still demands Sony for Crash and Spyro.

Who calls this feedback? This is nothing but a bunch of whiny idiots trolling.

Dpen00 said:

September 10th, 4:39 am

How about ubisoft fix all the bugs in the vita version first! I love the game, but It would of been nice to finally finish it on vita without the screen going black after walking out of changing stations. I can’t see myself buying and supporting this on my ps3 when ubisoft didn’t care enough to fully support it on my vita with more bug fixes. Screw me, no screw you. I hope no one buys this HD remake. Ubisoft stick with the one that brought you and patch the vita version already!

pccraine said:

September 10th, 4:44 am

I played the Vita version, and while I have no gripes against the character or plot design, the game was unplayable thanks to a lagging framerate and some really poor sound design. If this HD Reboot fixes those problems, then I don’t care what platform it’s on. I will buy it.

Boopy75 said:

September 10th, 4:52 am

This game was a disaster on the Vita.
– Frame rate drops
– Graphical glitches
– Character stuck in badly designed levels
– Trophy bugs
– Scripting bugs
– Online play that must’ve been designed on the back of a napkin after 48 hours with no sleep

This game is the reason I never picked up AC3

LBP Vita is an example of a Vita game done right.
AC:L is an example of how to ruin the Vita’s reputation

GStylez1980 said:

September 10th, 4:58 am

Wait wait wait…Vita owners are upset about losing an exclusive…to another Sony platform!?! HaHaHaHa!!!! That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. You already own it…why do you care?!

cassarcc said:

September 10th, 5:16 am

Sony is killing PS VITA!!! Sony needs to make more (good) games for vita, PS3 already has many good games…

PZDugna said:

September 10th, 6:08 am

Sony announces a huge amount of VITA exclusive games this morning (most that will come to NA) and people then complain about Sony letting a exclusive game that most people who actually wanted it have gotten it already. But no Vita is dying Sony isnt supporting it…man have you seen the amount of games coming to the Vita in the next year? Many exclusives, are you people just not happy with anything?
On topic: hopefully with this is shows more people a female character can be written decently and helps the overall market grow so we can see more diverse game characters inside our current games outside the bald Space Marine. anyhow hope this game is pretty cheap for download.

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

September 10th, 6:14 am

and X360 as well… >.<

xTENTACLESx said:

September 10th, 6:22 am

This is gonna come out before ACIV, right? Hope so!

DarkOne_PR said:

September 10th, 6:38 am

one less reason for ppl t o buy vitas right! Sony committing harakiri XD

sarahsdad said:

September 10th, 6:52 am

As someone who doesn’t own a Vita, and likes the Assassin’s Creed games, this sounds like a “Good Thing”

ninth_prey said:

September 10th, 7:05 am

Well, my wife will be happy about this. Shes not a handheld gamer but LOVES AC with a passion. She wanted to play this one, but again, she’s not the hamdheld gamer in the family. The son and I will be sad about this. They should have fixed the vita version first! That’s my biggest problem with this. Fix what’s wrong first Ubi, before you go double dipping.

Mando44646 said:

September 10th, 7:20 am

Not sure I enjoyed the game enough to rebuy it and play it again – Im getting really sick of colonial North America with 3, Liberation, Liberation HD, and 4. PLEASE Ubisoft move on to a different era and setting. AC4 is the first AC game Im not even bothering to buy at launch.

Also, Im not impressed by the Pirates crappy mobile game you announced. Please release a real mobile game on Vita – I’d gladly buy a new game similar to Liberation again

ChaseHammerJ said:

September 10th, 7:32 am

@37 GStylez1980

Seems you are misinformed. This is not JUST on PS3, its on 360 and PC as well.

DevilOfMidnight said:

September 10th, 7:56 am

Everybody can just pass on this one, I got it with the White Vita bundle, and I can tell you only one of those was a good purchase. The game is a snorefest and shouldn’t be played by anybody, ever.

joaryche said:

September 10th, 7:59 am

any discount for having already purchased the vita version?
i feel like this should be handle the same as buying the PS3 version of AC4 and being able to upgrade to PS4 for a small fee….

Wolverine1977 said:

September 10th, 8:01 am

So all of these improvements, will they come on the Vita version?

xBraiNshOcK said:

September 10th, 8:03 am

Soon there be no reason why to buy a Vita. Keep it up Sony. Still love you tho.

PAGE 1 2