PlayStation VR

Sep 12

Sep 12

The Last of Us Art Prints Out Now, Development Series Episode 6 Debuted

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The amount of work and artistry that went into the concept art behind The Last of Us is remarkable. We wanted to celebrate the hard work our concept art team puts into their pieces, and our last episode in The Last of Us Development Series does just that. If you haven’t beaten the campaign yet, hold off on watching the video, as it has some spoilers. Enjoy.

If you didn’t watch the first five videos in the series, be sure to check those out over on the Naughty Dog YouTube channel. With the reveal of this final video in the series, we’re pleased to announce that select art print pieces from our ultra-talented corps of artists can now be purchased via Cook and Becker’s website.

The Last of Us on PS3The Last of Us on PS3

The art prints are museum-grade, Certified Art Giclees, and are meant to showcase the visual design of The Last of Us in the best possible quality. All prints have been extensively proofed by both the artists at Naughty Dog and Cook & Becker’s master printer to get as close to the digital source as possible. The prints are hand-numbered and signed, and come with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist. The collection features the work of Naughty Dog artists John Sweeney, Maciej Kuciara, Aaron Limonick, Hyoung T. Nam, and Michael Knowland. All artworks are available today via Cook & Becker’s online gallery.

The Last of Us on PS3

More The Last of Us on Flickr

The definitive look at all topics covered in the Development series is available in Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us, our ninety minute documentary about the development of the game. You can get Grounded by purchasing the season pass. The Last of Us is available now in stores and digitally worldwide.

Add Your Own

pOcHo_OX said:

September 12th, 8:11 am

A lot of new wallpaper for my psvita, btw great game.

US_ARMY said:

September 12th, 8:20 am

Hey guys, I do have the season pass ect.
how do I access or see the documentary? I do want to see this!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 12:58 pm

Go to the in-game menu to find the PSN link for it. You’ll download from PSN and then you can watch it.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

September 12th, 8:22 am

Very nice.

When will we hear more information about what will be included in the Season Pass DLC? I’m looking forward to the new single player content, and I’m really hoping that one of the new multiplayer modes will be a co-op story mode, similar to the fantastic co-op story modes in Uncharted 2 & 3.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 5:16 pm

We are working on Season Pass DLC now and we’ll have information once we’re ready to share it publicly. We’re amping it up a bit :)

Cyris said:

September 12th, 8:30 am

Do you guys plan on doing other TLoU merch like t-shirts and stuff?

StealthReborn-- said:

September 12th, 8:31 am

The music is beautiful. It brings back all those times in the game that got me emotional. =)

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 5:40 pm

Isn’t it tho? So good.

TomatoDragon said:

September 12th, 10:06 am

Love The Art of book. Think I’ll head over and see if there are any prints to add to my collection.

GABEv01 said:

September 12th, 10:11 am

Back on the Reddit Ask Me Anything… They said DLC info would be released by the end of August. They released Update 1.03 but no DLC info yet… Can I get some DLC please? Hehe!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 5:41 pm

The Interrogation Mode is DLC and that was the info we had. Sorry for the confusion. We’ll be talking about Season Pass DLC in the very next future. As mentioned we are working out what’s in it and amping it up a bit.

DoTheKiller91 said:

September 12th, 10:22 am

Hi Eric,

I have a question, should we still expect single player DLC? :D

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 5:41 pm

yes. Single Player DLC is happening.

Scaramanga1983 said:

September 12th, 10:30 am

Naughty Dog should focus on fixing bugs of interrogation mode (molotovs and bullets should not work as interrogation methods, but they are; and mission progress like kills with rifle are not counting towards the overall goal while defending the lockbox), improve the matchmaking and should consider nerfing the upgraded pistol, because it is more powerful than rifles.

Darkpen said:

September 12th, 10:52 am

Welp, there goes my money.

Welmosca said:

September 12th, 11:13 am

Damn that was a FANTASTIC video…I had seen already some of those concept arts on game bonuses but damn that was a cool video…I still need to download the soundtrack…but TLoU sure has one of the best soundtracks ever…the music fits perfectly with TLoU universe.ND congratulations and outstanding job making the best game ever created one more time.TLoU took “game” to a whole another lvl.

Still dont have the season pass though…guess I’ll buy today when I get in home.Gotta see that documentary.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

September 12th, 6:32 pm

Thanks! Our soundtrack really is the best ever I’d say too.

a1_re4 said:

September 12th, 11:19 am

Nice video, I liked all the development series. Those are some nice prints as well, but….
WHAT ABOUT THE DLC!? You guys said you would announced it before the end of August. Interrogation mode is nice, but that surely couldn’t have been what you guys were talking about.

lisatsunami said:

September 12th, 11:27 am

Hi, Eric:
I went to the art dealer site. They offer a mounted version for a lot more. In a tiny thumbnail it says “ready to mount” Can you find out more on this? I realize they use a special acrylic bonding process, but are there some kind of hooks or fasteners attached so it truly is ready to hang on a nail?

The YouTube video they link to, besides being in German, doesn’t seem to address the hanging part of their description.

Thank you.

Crazymanwalking1 said:

September 12th, 12:27 pm

and i thought my Post-Pandemic edition was expensive. its gonna take me several months but i’ll get a few of those prints, i hope they dont sellout before hand

D-Squad3 said:

September 12th, 1:01 pm

And still no DLC announcements…

Kchow23 said:

September 12th, 1:31 pm

So will you guys post the entire documentary over time? or is there still reason to still buy the season pass if you want to see it.

Od1n757 said:

September 12th, 1:58 pm

is this what my season pass paied for?what happened to the dlc announcement promised in august ? where is my expansions

Assais said:

September 12th, 7:57 pm

Way too overhyped of a game. I beat it twice and immediately got tired of it and sold it. Too slow paced, too much searching and too little action. Plus a pretty dark and heavy plot that dragged me down. Uncharted is just so much better in every way.

Assais said:

September 12th, 7:58 pm

@16 you can download the documentary from lots of sites, not too interesting to tell you the truth.

dh4645 said:

September 13th, 6:57 am

cool, but WAY too expensive

dh4645 said:

September 13th, 7:09 am

i really like the one with the crow and ellie in the broken up shop

and this one

little too much though

judasgoat said:

September 13th, 7:57 am

Any chance at another comic series from Dark Horse? American Dreams was Fantastic. THAT is how you do a comic tie in.

Welmosca said:

September 13th, 12:13 pm

@ 18 Assais – LOL haha…guess CoD is your type of game.

nov_17th said:

September 15th, 10:41 am

The scenery is amazing and so is the concept art. I plan on buying the art book and hopefully you will make another art book with more sketches.

I felt the pace of the game was too fast. I wanted more talking and moral choices like Mass Effect.