PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 14

Sep 14

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Okay you guys, it’s almost GTA time. I’m trying to cram in as many other games before then as possible, but I think I’m going to have to make some sacrifices. I plan to wrap up Puppeteer, hit at least level 20 in Diablo III, and make it to Hell in Spelunky before then, but there’s a very real possibility that my weekend will be an endless death-cycle in Spelunky and my controller will be in pieces by Tuesday. Time will tell.

A few highlights this week: You can now snag some sweet The Last of Us art to hang on your wall, we revealed some exclusive Infamous: Second Son in-game gear you can get by pre-ordering, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is finally out on PS3, Ryan brought back hands-on impressions of Ubisoft’s breathtaking new JRPG tribute Child of Light, and Killzone: Mercnary is out now on PS Vita.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

whiteboyfromco said:

September 14th, 4:16 pm

I’m really enjoying Puppeteer. I was already exited to play it. When I popped it in and it asked me if I wanted to play in 3D I almost died. I had no clue it was 3D capable. As if it weren’t pretty enough already. :D

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

September 15th, 7:08 pm

The 3D is great, too! I’m nearly finished with Puppeteer myself — Act 7 here I come.

whiteboyfromco said:

September 14th, 4:17 pm

Killzone Mercenary is fun too. Really shows just how powerful the Vita is and the potential it stores.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

September 15th, 7:09 pm

Yeah, it’s insane how good they made that game look.

Holic_Waltz said:

September 14th, 4:26 pm

I’m actually out of the gaming front this weekend since my old fat PS3 died on me. Managed to find the PRP I bought from Gamestop back in 2011 and it was still covered. I ended up getting bumped up to the GTA5 bundle since I had the game already preorded. Just gotta wait until it comes out Monday night. :3 I was jumping in on some Yakuza 4 and Tokyo Jungle before though. Fun times. Pretty stoked about GTA5, even if the multiplayer won’t be out for a couple of weeks afterwards. Going to be quite humorous to see folks reactions when they find that out.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

September 15th, 7:09 pm

Dang, lucky break! Enjoy that new PS3. :)

MrSignal said:

September 14th, 5:14 pm

Making through my backlog a little bit at a time this weekend, if only due to retailer issues with getting a copy of Puppeteer.
Odds are that despite placing a pre-order the weekend beforehand I’m gonna miss out on the bonuses. All while waiting a full week for it to arrive…Gamestop Canada sucks at last minute orders.
/rant

As for games, I gave Mutant Blobs(PS3) another go, getting a little further than my last crack at the game.
Breaking again on it due to annoyances with the game mechanics in favor of finishing The Unfinished Swan.

hero11000 said:

September 14th, 7:40 pm

I can wait tell GTA v come out and can not wait tell the ps4 come out

Efficcial said:

September 14th, 7:51 pm

Any word on if/when GTA 5 will drop on the PS4?

lostfanatic6 said:

September 14th, 8:25 pm

I was thinking of re-subscribing to PS+ since I’ll be getting it for the PS4 anyways and thinking of actually picking up a copy of Puppeteer. But in the mean time I’ve been obsessed with The Last of Us multiplayer and getting into Payday 2.

I’ve been holding off on ordering GTA V because of the chance it may come out on PS4. Any news on if it will be ported over that way?

rabidninjamonky said:

September 14th, 9:06 pm

I was loving Dragon Fantasy Book 2 until I ran into a game ending bug. Hope the patch gets here soon. I preordered GTA 5. I haven’t been this excited for a game in years. I need a game to play til tuesday though. I’m thinking about buying spelunky tonight. I really wanted to watch the Mayweather/Alvarez fight, but $75?!! What were they thinking? Only 3 episodes of Breaking Bad left. I’m getting kid of sad, but can’t wait to see what happens.

Boyanime010 said:

September 15th, 4:40 am

@Justin Do you watch Football? wonder which team you root for :)

I’m playing: Tales of Xillia
I’m watching: Ghost Adventures, Paranormal Witness, on DVR
I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast, The Art of Wrestling!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

September 15th, 7:11 pm

I don’t! Based on my location, I think I’m supposed to be a 49ers fan by default. When I was growing up I liked the Cowboys for no reason in particular (I think I decided at a young age that their uniforms were cool).

Boyanime010 said:

September 15th, 4:41 am

Rockstar might release GTA 5 on PS4 next year…

UndreyVITA said:

September 15th, 4:54 am

LMAO that Cookie Clicker picture.

lesliec02 said: