Overwatch

Sep 20

Sep 20

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut on PS3 and PS Vita Release Date Announced

Rob Clarke's Avatar Posted by PR and Marketing Manager, Curve Studios

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS Vita

Hey everyone, Rob here, representing the fine men and women of Curve studios in London. I’m very happy to announce that Lone Survivor will be out this coming Tuesday, the 24th of September.

Lone Survivor was originally released for the PC last year by indie developer Jasper Byrne. After eight months of work with Jasper on the PS3 and PS Vita versions, we’re very happy to say that we’ve created the definitive version of this game.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS VitaLone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS Vita

Jasper describes the game as a “Psychological Survival Adventure.” It has all the hallmarks of classic survival horror games — high on atmosphere and low on available sources of ammunition. Players can choose to use stealth or firepower to deal with the monsters in Lone Survivor. Depending on player choices, the game can play out very differently, with many optional scenes and different endings.

For the PlayStation version, we started with simple upgrades, like adding touch support on Vita and improving the lighting system… and things spiralled from there! We’ve added over twenty new items, new endings, and new game locations. All of them have been designed by Jasper, and all of them are made to expand on the original game seamlessly.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS Vita

Click here to see the full gallery

If you’ve never played Lone Survivor, you can be sure you’re getting the absolute best version of the game. And if you did play the original, you’ll find the Director’s Cut edition to be a very different experience.

Lone Survivor will be a Cross Buy and Cross Save title, and PlayStation Plus subscribers can look forward to a launch discount when the game makes its PlayStation debut this Tuesday.

Add Your Own

LumarQQ said:

September 20th, 2:00 pm

Definitely going to do another play through on vita :D

fromage2323 said:

September 20th, 2:04 pm

sounds like a VITA purchase to me

B_Unique- said:

September 20th, 2:11 pm

What is the price on this gem?
Got to have my wallet ready :)

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:30 am

We’ve not announced the price yet, but it will be a similar price to other PS Vita indie titles :)

peruhandcrafts said:

September 20th, 2:12 pm

Thanks for this great announcement. VITA it is.

What will be the release price?

Gorvi said:

September 20th, 2:22 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while, I can’t wait. You guys at Curve are doing great work getting these games over to the Vita. What do you guys have coming next?

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:38 am

We’ve got an exploration adventure game called Proteus coming out next month. We’ve not announced anything after that, but we’re hoping to do 6 new releases next year!

lisatsunami said:

September 20th, 2:33 pm

Thank you for the Vita support!
But….is this too scary for somebody who gets scared easily? Classic survival horror sounds like too much for me.

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:41 am

The horror element is a lot of more psychological than many horror games on the PlayStation. I’d suggest taking a look at some of the excellent YouTube Let’s Plays of the game to get an idea :)

rabidninjamonky said:

September 20th, 2:43 pm

I checked out some gameplay on youtube, and it looks great. I can’t wait to play this on my vita before bed. I guess I’m the opposite of lisatsunami. I love being scared. How many hours of gameplay can we expect? I hope at least 8. If so, I’ll definitely buy it day 1.

xenosaga200 said:

September 20th, 2:52 pm

this game seems great and even better on ps vita i will buy for sure on vita

rabidninjamonky said:

September 20th, 3:33 pm

Ok forget my last question. I checked out some reviews for the original version, and saw it was only about 4 hours long. I’m fine with that though, because of the multiple endings and I read that the director’s cut had a new game plus. Is this true? I’ll be buying it regardless. This game looks incredible. Thanks for bringing it to vita! I would have never heard of it otherwise.

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:44 am

It takes between 4-5 hours to beat, but you would be only seeing half of the game on one play-through. There are multiple endings, but importantly there’s two entirely different paths through the game, so it’s not just about playing an identical story up until the last few minutes like some multiple endings!

New Game+ is a really big deal for the Director’s Cut edition and where a large portion of our new items and dialogue, so if you do grab the game I’d definitely reccomend checking it out.

KwietStorm said:

September 20th, 3:52 pm

Damn I was hoping this would be announced weeks, months in advance. Now it’s in a few days. I’m already pinching pennies for PS4. Would have been nice to have been able to put this in my budget a lot sooner.

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:46 am

Sorry man! We’ve had a release date of October for a while, but no specific date. We try to announce that as soon as we can be absolutely sure the release date won’t change to avoid disappointment. Regardless, hope you end up enjoying that PS4 :)

deadendblues said:

September 20th, 4:06 pm

Very excited for this and a plus discount too cool

tusunami said:

September 20th, 4:21 pm

Its just great to see the PS Vita getting so many top-notch games coming to there platform. This will be a game that is a must buy for sure Doods!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolasj19 said:

September 20th, 5:34 pm

What. Is this? Atmospheric horror? I’m down.

If it’s $10 and the standard PS+ discount takes it down to $8, I can scrounge up enough quarters to go get a $10 PS Card.

luvtoseek said:

September 20th, 7:15 pm

“Hey everyone, Rob here, representing the fine men and women of Curve studios in London.”

@ Rob- but… but, who will represent the pets!? Come on, Rob! ^o^

Thank you Curve & Jasper! First time player, heard many [scary] positive things about Lone Survivor!

Looking forward to… Tuesday. Tuesday. TUESDAY! (=

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:52 am

No pets.. Not even a cat, it’s quite upsetting. We have some pot plants, though, those are cool I guess :)

idDobie said:

September 20th, 7:49 pm

You have my wallet!

e46drvr said:

September 20th, 7:59 pm

Definitely picking this one up!

zepified said:

September 20th, 8:05 pm

Another Day 1 Indie for me! This game looks great and because I’ve never played the PC version, something tells me I’m in for a treat. Can’t wait!! Thanx for supporting the Vita. : )

brooklynzak said:

September 21st, 12:46 am

Perfect to play on the Vita. Alone. In the dark. With headphones. Very excited for this one, Rob.

Rob Clarke's Avatar

Rob Clarke said:

September 21st, 1:49 am

Yes, that’s the exact best way to play it. There’s some tips on setting up a good environment at the start of the game, but playing it with headphones is very atmospheric, glad you’re looking forward to it!

aaroniuslim80 said:

September 21st, 1:44 am

I have been waiting for this for the longest time. Was afraid it might be delayed till October. This is excellent news and is definitely a day one purchase for me. Can foresee myself playing it more on the Vita than the PS3. This and Spelunky is the reason I loves my Vita much more than other portable devices!

JeffsonP said:

September 21st, 4:14 am

Will Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut be released in Brazilian PS Store?
I wanna buy it.

aimeraya said:

September 21st, 6:23 am

Great News, i really hope that it’ll be released also for EU next week because i’m waiting for it so long.

Dragonslayer_023 said:

September 21st, 11:14 am

Looking forward to this, played a little bit on PC but decided to stop and wait when I heard it was coming to Vita.

djsaiyan said:

September 21st, 5:57 pm

Totally double dipping on this. Love the PC version!

macy113 said:

September 21st, 7:04 pm

Comes out on my birthday. Might pick it up despite already owning it on PC.

HomessaHomem said:

September 22nd, 1:38 am

Great news for my PS Vita!

dylanmannen said:

September 22nd, 7:15 am

Does it have a plat? :>

Kutu-HipHop said:

September 22nd, 7:16 am

if its in the range of $5-$8 wont make me think twice to buy it!

blakku_kitto said:

September 22nd, 7:39 am

AT LAST! hurray for you, sirs!

Ardeallo said:

September 22nd, 8:44 am

Mmmm i hope that the Vita discount will be at $9.00 because i only have that on my account. Surely a buy.

Rezolution77 said:

September 22nd, 9:48 am

You have me interested.

Keep the price reasonable, and it might get added, regardless of forseeing the huge price cut, next year.

hazelcabug said:

September 22nd, 10:05 am

Please replace psp titles with indie games on Vita IGC…..

Rezolution77 said:

September 22nd, 10:08 am

Got to love Cross-buy titles.

Stealth Inc. was nicely made, so thinking I just may have to buy this one.

Squiggle55 said:

September 22nd, 10:27 am

So this is atmospheric horror? Just so I have something to wrap my head around, could someone describe to me how this compares and contrasts with something like, say, Corpse Party or Resident Evil?

RoII_chan said:

September 22nd, 10:51 am

WOW!! I cant wait to play this, I´m so excited! + director’s cut and discount thats AWESOME!! =)

JackmoveJohnny said:

September 22nd, 11:22 am

Does this game have a platinum trophy? Buying day 1 either way…but would like to know

SirDigbysNemesis said:

September 22nd, 11:29 am

I’m concerned that the pixilated graphics being shrunk down on the Vita screen will make it even tougher to see what is going on in the game. The game looks great and I’m excited to play it, but I’m not sure how it will translate on the Vita.

Doc_Tury said:

September 22nd, 2:38 pm

My Love Affair with Indie Games continues! Day 1 download!

duke301 said:

September 22nd, 4:13 pm

I never heard of this game, but I’ve never heard of any Indie titles, many of which turned out to be great games. This one looks no different. If the price is right ($10 or less, possibly after a Plus discount), then I will have to give it a try. If the price isn’t right, then I’ll wait for the inevitable sale.

EPICNAME420 said:

September 22nd, 6:19 pm

I have the original on pc….. can’t wait to play the Directors cut on the vita’s OLED screen!!

rabidninjamonky said:

September 22nd, 6:41 pm

To everyone asking about the price, the original pc version is still $10, so it’s a pretty sure thing that it will be $14.99 for the directors cut and $11.99 with plus discount.

coolasj19 said:

September 23rd, 12:50 am

I wouldn’t think of the Directors Cut as a different game. More as a natural expansion to an existing one. That would make sense if there were two versions. I just hope it’s $10. The extra $2 may put it out of the $10 PS Card price range for me. Holy crud there’s a lot of PS+ members on the PSBlog.

rabidninjamonky said:

September 23rd, 1:51 am

They did put a lot of extra work into the vita version, like touch support, better lighting, etc, plus there is a platinum trophy. I’m not sure there has been a game under $15 with a platinum. But the fact that they haven’t announced a price yet might be a good thing. I think $10 would be smart though. I’m buying it regardless, because I think it looks great, but I think $10 would attract a lot of people that are on the fence and the impulse buyers. We should find out on the PS plus update this morning.

Vextalon said:

September 23rd, 11:10 am

i don’t really care much about the price but it looks to be a really good Vita title and I support alot indie games. I’m not sure whats so special between the regular version and the directors cut but I hopefully will have fun playing this game.

Tuppery_Numnak said:

September 23rd, 11:44 am

Buying this the moment it hits the store. If you are too cheap to cough up the ~$12 to support a great dev/game/system, perhaps you should find a new hobby.

coolasj19 said:

September 23rd, 2:41 pm

I’m not too cheap to cough up money. I’m too poor to. Don’t start with that. I love my Vita as much if not more than the next guy. That holier than thou crap pisses me off. Goddamn, now I’m in a bad mood. Oh, and someone is a smart aleck who can’t read timestamps. Because the price was still announced until 8am September 23rd.

THANKFULLY, the developers have set a price I can afford $11.69. I’ll be downloading this after I get my $10 PS card and it hits the store.

PrinceofXIII said: