Overwatch

Sep 24

Sep 24

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut Out Today on PS3, Vita

Rob Clarke's Avatar Posted by PR and Marketing Manager, Curve Studios

Starting today, you can pick up Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut on both PS3 and PS Vita. The game has Cross-Buy and Cross-Save functionality, and is available through PlayStation Store for $12.99 ($11.69 for PlayStation Plus members).

Lone Survivor on PSN

Here at Curve Studios, we’ve been working with talented indie developers to bring their games to you guys via PS3 and Vita. For Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut, we’ve been working very closely with the creator and developer of the original Lone Survivor, Jasper Byrne.

What is Lone Survivor? As the game itself will remind you, this is one to play in the dark with headphones on.

Jasper describes Lone Survivor as a “psychological survival adventure game.” It has taken elements from classic adventure games and the best bits of the survival horror genre to create something you haven’t seen before. You can expect scares, scarcity of ammo and exploration of surreal and atmospheric environments to be a big part of the game, but there’s also an element of psychological horror and choice that often isn’t explored in modern survival horror titles.

So why is this version called ‘The Director’s Cut’? It’s not just a name change – this version of the award-winning horror game has had a complete overhaul both from the talented coding team at Curve Studios and from Jasper himself, who has been working with us for over eight months to bring this version of the game over to PlayStation fans.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS VitaLone Survivor: The Director's Cut on PS3 and PS Vita

We’ve already talked about some of the new features, but we’ve also been careful not to give away any details about how they fit into the game. We’ve basically made two types of changes to the original: Those that are integrated into the game, and those that show up in New Game+ mode after you finish the game for the first time.

New Game+ is a crucial part of Lone Survivor; it’s more than just restarting with a couple of tweaks or with stats left over from an old game. It presents the game’s story in a new way, with new dialogue, changes in puzzles and a host of new items that can be interacted with and used to modify how the story plays out. Lone Survivor is a game that’s designed to be played multiple times and one that adapts to different types of play — something we think is pretty rare in modern horror games.

On top of everything else, we’ve also added a new lighting system that makes the game look stunning on large screen televisions and the amazing PS Vita screen alike, and we’ve even added a Platinum Trophy for you to go after, if you’re feeling really brave.

We’re really happy to be bringing yet another amazing indie game to the PlayStation community, especially one with as many updates and improvements as this Director’s Cut edition. We hope that you guys enjoy your time with Lone Survivor. Let us know you what think and we’ll try to answer any questions in the comments!

Add Your Own

DJ_Tomato said:

September 24th, 6:36 am

1st

DJ_Tomato said:

September 24th, 6:37 am

grabbing on day 1 :D

DJ_Tomato said:

September 24th, 6:37 am

3rd too :P

DJ_Tomato said:

September 24th, 6:37 am

and why not fourth

all hail lone survivor :D!

akisuo said:

September 24th, 6:38 am

Had me at the platinum trophy. =) Will be buying this today to play on my vita for sure.

DJ_Tomato said:

September 24th, 6:38 am

aaaaaaaaaaand five

step it up guise

xFuzylilManPeach said:

September 24th, 6:44 am

Will most def be picking this up today once i get home from campus!

And @ DJTomato, all of your “1st” “3rd” “4th” stuff is really not needed. Do you not have anything better to do?

fellgao said:

September 24th, 6:46 am

Certain buy tonight! Have been waiting soooooooo long for this one! :D

hbernritter said:

September 24th, 6:50 am

Definitely picking this up and playing it on vita with some headphones! Got my yearly halloween horror situation set now, Lone Survivor, Red Dead Undead, and Deadspace

AguilarX said:

September 24th, 6:54 am

Awesome title from Mr. Byrnes. Thanks Curve for porting awesome indie titles. Looking forward to grabbing this before the store even updates. Can’t wait for Proteus as well, hoping for another PSBlog post about it soon. Also, Explodemon on Vita is a good idea waiting to happen.

Zionine said:

September 24th, 6:55 am

Picking this up. :) Good pull on adding the platinum.. but it still looks like a great game.

mettreidici said:

September 24th, 6:56 am

I just read the review from Destructoid – wow, this look like a great game, very appealing. Only one question, is the game long? The review said it last for about 3 hours, but the new game+ and others features seem to offer much more. I am probably going to buy it anyway if those are 3 hours of quality gaming time.

akisuo said:

September 24th, 6:59 am

BTW how big will the file be? =)

zeothedeathgod said:

September 24th, 7:28 am

really want this, now to figure out how to get $10…. (already have $4 on my account)

hazelcabug said:

September 24th, 7:38 am

I don’t know why stupid are so happy being first… Their I.Q. level really surprises me always.

chicogml said:

September 24th, 7:52 am

great game ! i´m picking this today

thanks to curve studios and jasper for bringing this game to ps community

KhAoS_ThEoRy_187 said:

September 24th, 8:42 am

Fantastic! An indie title with a platinum. This is what I’m looking for. If the Vita is the mecca for indie titles, I really feel as if all, if not more, indies had platinums. I was really disappointed to see Stealth Inc. and Ultimate Monsters HD both not have platinum trophies. I will be picking this game up when it releases for sure.

martinirage1 said:

September 24th, 10:16 am

Would like to try out a demo first. Is there a demo coming sometime soon?

jacky-junior said:

September 24th, 10:37 am

@martinirage1 a few sites have an online demo of Lone Survivor. Sure it’ll be different than playing on a console, but it was enough to persuade me. Looking forward to having this on my Vita!

tusunami said:

September 24th, 11:28 am

Ah yeah this will be a great addition to my already ridiculous collection of PS Vita games. PS4 day 1 I’m out

Crunchewy said:

September 24th, 11:42 am

Well, it’s out for PS3, but I don’t see a PS Vita version? Did I just catch the store mid-update or something? Also there is no PS+ discount, which is a bit disappointing. The price is $12.99. It is 379 MB for PS3. Obviously I don’t know the size of the Vita version.

rabidninjamonky said:

September 24th, 11:45 am

It’s out for vita now too with no plus discount. Probably still updating store. A few more minutes i hope.

EPICNAME420 said:

September 24th, 12:06 pm

will get this today!! just wating for the ps+ update !!

Zarxce said:

September 24th, 12:12 pm

I bought this on steam and thought it looked….less than acceptable…on a 24″ 1080p screen (y u no windowed mode?). That said, this will probably look PERFECT on my Vita screen, so looking forward to purchasing again. I shall try aiming for that plat!

rabidninjamonky said:

September 24th, 12:54 pm

It’s on the vita store now with the plus discount. 205 mb.

Ryumoau said:

September 24th, 1:03 pm

that is the lamest ps plus discount i think i’ve ever seen. you only save a little over a dollar. it should have been around $7.99 with the plus discount, especially considering how short people are saying this game is.

rabidninjamonky said:

September 24th, 1:30 pm

I played it for about 15 minutes. Looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun, I actually jumped after drinking the espresso at the beginning just because of the crazy music. The sound is great so far, but I noticed the days advance every time you save. Is there a certain amount of days you have to complete the game? I hope not, I hate being rushed through games.

luvmyR6 said:

September 24th, 4:29 pm

Hey bonehead, how about this amazing little concept: If you are too cheap to buy the game, don’t buy it!

Who the hell cares if you think its too much? Also, how about you stop b******g in every post?

ProfessorGerbik said:

September 24th, 4:43 pm

Going to grab it this week for sure.

PrinceofXIII said:

September 25th, 1:45 am

amazing!

iNsAnE-_-SkiLLz- said:

September 25th, 8:02 pm

WATS GOING ON WITH TMNT OUT OF THE SHOWDOWS ???????????????????????????????????????????

Street_Killaz said:

September 26th, 6:48 pm

This game looks sick! Will buy it tonight

CorsosNine said:

September 28th, 6:16 pm

***THIS COMMENT MAY CONTAIN VAGUE SPOILERS***

This game really caught my eye and I was happy to purchase it today to give it a good shot. I intend to post more after playing through more of this game.
I have played this for a couple hours now and I have encountered a very upsetting fact that although i have a map, and a button specific to view my map, the character REFUSES TO LOOK AT THE MAP! This is just frustrating to me when I’m attempting to locate a room i want to get to without wasting too much time. Not Cool. Since time is an issue regarding how much food or rest you may need.
Another slight annoyance, when given the option to combine food items (i.e. Cheese and Crackers) I am allowed to combine them in one way but not the other, whats up with that??
Anyway, this is only my first impression of the game, I have yet to truly explore what it may have to offer. Time to buckle down and see if i can ever use my map or eat crackers on top of cheese.

D8

CorsosNine said:

September 28th, 7:37 pm

In regards to my map issue from my previous post

The map becomes unavailable in expert mode. As for my crackers n cheese dilemma, this mystery is still unsolved.