PlayStation VR

Sep 25

Sep 25

Worms Revolution Extreme on PS Vita Out October 8th

Bethany Aston's Avatar Posted by Senior PR Executive, Team 17 Digital Ltd.

Hi PlayStation.Blog readers! It’s been two months since we revealed we’d be bringing Worms Revolution Extreme to PS Vita — our first Worms game to hit this awesome mobile platform.

We’ve been inundated with eager fan requests of when the pocket, turn-based strategy will arrive on PlayStation Store. We’re really excited to share with you that Worms Revolution Extreme will be available to download for your PS Vita via PSN on October 8th, for just $14.99.

Worms Revolution Extreme, 02

Worms Revolution Extreme features an extensive single-player campaign spanning 72 levels in total, which are a mixture of missions and puzzles. Levels are set across seven different environmental themes, including Sewer, Farmyard, Spooky, Beach, Mars, Funfair, and Medieval!

Have you nailed the single player and think you’re ready to take on other players? You’ll be glad to know that there’s local and online multiplayer battles for up to four players! Choose from three different game modes: Deathmatch, Forts, or Classic, and either predefined or customized game settings.

New Treasure Mode! This all-new, cross-gifting mode enables you to link up with your friends who have a PS3 (or vice versa). You can help each other unlock 10 special gifts using a lock and key system. Meet the requirements in either offline versus or online battles to receive a key and connect to a friend’s PS3 with the corresponding chest to unlock the treasure! What will you unlock?

Worms Revolution Extreme, 03Worms Revolution Extreme, 05

We’ve also utilized PS Vita’s touch controls and added in the ability to use the front touch screen to select items and pan/zoom the camera. You can also enable the rear touch pad to aim your weapons.

Worms Revolution Extreme lets you keep your worms mobile with cross-save functionality. Carry your PS3 save game progress over to your PlayStation Vita, or vice versa. Just reached a vital part in the campaign on PS3? Bring it to PS Vita so you can continue your quest on the bus/tube/train, and keep Don Keystone by your side!

Oh, and if you don’t already have Worms Revolution for PS3, it’s currently available with a sweet 50% discount for PS Plus members! But only until October 8th.

We hope you’ll all enjoy keeping your army of worms mobile, and we’ll hopefully see some of you in online battles soon. May the best worm win!

Add Your Own

Fnook said:

September 25th, 8:04 am

Woooo! Awesome! Super crazy excited for this! Vita is a PERFECT platform for games like this.. HUGE THANKS Team17!

Demonysh said:

September 25th, 8:07 am

I’m VERY excited for this on the VITA! Definitely a day 1 purchase for me! Can’t wait ^_^

Charley023 said:

September 25th, 8:18 am

LOL! I love this game! Had a lot of fun with my friends playing Worms on PSP! Looking forward to it on PSV!

IIL0YDII said:

September 25th, 8:43 am

Could have just leave it 2D, just look at Rayman Origins/Legends.

DarkSeraphim666 said:

September 25th, 8:56 am

Is this the same date that the PS3 patch will go live or will the patch go live earlier than that? I only ask because of the Flawless Mission trophy fix.

XtemmA2 said:

September 25th, 9:23 am

Multiplayer worms is always fun.

Welmosca said:

September 25th, 9:51 am

Thats a game that never appealed to me…is it any good?…I always see people saying its really fun.

xClayMeow said:

September 25th, 9:56 am

Does “local” multiplayer mean pass-and-play? If it does, that would be awesome!!

Wish this was Clan Wars instead, but still a great addition to the Vita library!

Bethany Aston's Avatar

Bethany Aston said:

September 30th, 5:36 am

Hi! Yes the local multiplayer is pass and play on the same Vita :) There’s also online multiplayer too.

xClayMeow said:

September 25th, 9:58 am

@Welmosca, I’d list the game in my Top Three for best local mp games behind SSB and Monkeyball… It’s hella fun with friends and results in some LOL moments and fits of rage!

CONTOM-X said:

September 25th, 11:09 am

Thanks for another great entry brought to a portable system!! Day 1 buy for sure!!
Will be worth every penny.

YorlecmNwahs said:

September 25th, 2:04 pm

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

tusunami said:

September 25th, 4:19 pm

It’s good to see the steady flow of games coming out for PSVita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fredster90 said:

September 25th, 7:39 pm

Nice game ill be getting this for sure

divineLite said:

September 25th, 8:27 pm

+ YorlecmNwahs
no matter what you do, it’s blatanly impossible flatout is psvita compatible
guess being a troll is great for you sigh

anyway, worm is good but i guess it’s great for multiplayer, hopefully the multiplayer part is okay

zepified said:

September 25th, 11:21 pm

As soon as I had heard that this game was coming out for the Vita, I immediately paused my game in Worms Revolution so that I wouldn’t spoil any more of what it has to offer. In other words, I decided right then and there that I would really rather play this game on my Vita! It’s such a perfect fit, as all the others Worm’s games have been when released on portable gaming systems. So thank you, thank you, thank you Team 17 for bringing your newest/latest/greatest Worm’s game over to the Vita!!!! You can count on my purchase on Day #1 for sure.

Gamerzlimited said:

September 26th, 3:15 am

@divineLite Not only that, it’s not even on the US PSN. It’s on the EU PSN, so he’s should be posting that at the EU blog. I don’t know what is his purpose for advertising a petition that doesn’t even have a purpose here. Perhaps he wants the game for himself? I wonder is that is allowed on the PS blog because I would report him for advertising.

Speaking about Worms, also glad to see Worms: Battle Islands on PSP finally got a price drop. I don’t know why it was still priced for $24.99. For a game like that is way too expensive. Glad I got it for $4.99 and I have to say that game is great. Look forward to the one on Vita as it looks more amazing than the PSP one.

XwingVmanX said:

September 26th, 7:34 am

Will I be able to play local multiplayer on the same vita?

Mando44646 said:

September 26th, 7:54 am

great news! This is one of the few ‘smaller’ games I’ve been waiting for on my Vita. I love me some Worms

xenosaga200 said:

September 26th, 10:01 am

i will look for this game

Welmosca said:

September 26th, 12:16 pm

@ 9 xClayMeow – Thanks friend.

JKKMA93 said:

September 26th, 12:42 pm

Been waiting for this since you guys first announced it! Such a shame I’ll have to wait 2 week to have it, I was excepting it next week.

my360broke_again said:

September 26th, 11:21 pm

Worms is HARD! Have it on ipad and cant beat this game to save my life.

HatakeHyu said:

September 28th, 6:13 pm

Multiplayer? Hell yeah! Sign me up.
I love Worms, but never played online, can’t wait for this.

UnderTheGun42 said:

October 4th, 1:06 pm

Hope the online matchmaking works, unlike Worms 2 on Android.