PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 27

Sep 27

Introducing Mighty No. 9!

Mark MacDonald's Avatar Posted by Executive Director, 8-4, Ltd.

Mighty No. 9

What are you gonna be doing come Spring of 2015? No plans yet? Well here’s one appointment to put on your calendar a bit early: Mighty No. 9!

Mighty No. 9

Mighty No. 9 is an all-new Japanese side-scrolling action game coming to the PlayStation 3 (and maybe PS4 and even Vita! But more on that later…) that harkens back to the best aspects of the old 8- and 16-bit classics many of us grew up with, only evolved and transformed into something only possible today.

Mighty No. 9

As the titular hero (known as Beck), you’ll need to run, jump, and blast your way through your fellow Mighty Number robots, stealing their powers to fuel your unique skill to transform your body into new shapes for added abilities!

Maybe your limbs could become giant magnets, enabling you to walk up walls or rip away enemy shields… Or maybe extendible spring-loaded hands would let you to activate far-away switches or work as a grappling hook… Or a tank-like body might let you easily cross over spikes or push objects around the levels… These are just a few possibilities we’re considering (the game is still in the design phase), but you get the idea!

Mighty No. 9

You might know Mighty No. 9’s developer, Comcept, from their work on Soul Sacrifice for the PlayStation Vita – but what you might not know is that this company, as well as their partners at Inti Creates, are staffed with dozens of veterans who worked on many of the old Mega Man games: artists, musicians, level designers – even famed creator Keiji Inafune himself!

As we mentioned, the game is still in the early design phase, but Sony has already been incredibly supportive to us as an indie developer, reaching out to offer advice, promotion (including this blog post!) and all kinds of other help.

Mighty No. 9

Well, what do you think? Sound like something you might be interested in? If so, there’s a way you can take part in the creation of the game (it’s being made from the start with fan input as an integral component!) and help it come to more PlayStation systems in the process (the experienced team at Abstraction Games, fresh off their PlayStation ports of Hotline Miami, are all lined up and ready to dive in on a Vita version!). So head on over to our Kickstarter page before our campaign ends this coming Tuesday for details on how to (hopefully) help get Mighty No. 9 to come to PS Vita and PS4, too!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

krae_man said:

September 27th, 2:55 pm

I’m holding out for a Gizmondo streach goal.

XeahuleXolic said:

September 27th, 2:57 pm

looks like a lot of fun i’ll play it

Mark MacDonald's Avatar

Mark MacDonald said:

September 27th, 2:58 pm

We salute you!
    (`_´)ゞ

headronefish said:

September 27th, 3:22 pm

The rewards seem kind of unreasonably pricy, and I very much doubt that Inafune needs kickstarter to get a game going.
That said, things are looking good and I’ll probably get it when it comes out.

Mark MacDonald's Avatar

Mark MacDonald said:

September 27th, 7:27 pm

On the rewards — they are not cheap at cost, believe us! We tried to price them fairly, get quality stuff from quality partners, and still keep the prices at the accepted levels of other Kickstarters.

As for why we are on Kickstarter, Inafune talks on the page about being able to involve the fans, and ensuring that nothing but the creators vision and the fans input becomes a factor in making Mighty No. 9!

Glad you like what you see, and thanks for your support! :D

megacarlos said:

September 27th, 4:08 pm

just pledged 60$ thats all i got unfortunately im the biggest megaman fan so hopefully this can pick up the love thats been lost due to crapcom i hope this is more in line with the x series which is the best mmx1,4,6,8 are my favs hopefully they will improve upon those

Senjutsu_Dav said:

September 27th, 4:56 pm

I’m already a backer (from the start). The game looks awesome. I really hope they do the PS4 version, even if they don’t reach their goals, I hope they’ll do it anyway. I mean, they said everywhere it cost less to make a PS4 games from a PC game (to port it) compared to porting on the PS3. So I don’t understand why the PS4 goal is higher than the PS3 goal. Anyway, can’t wait to play this game, on PS3 or PS4.

Tengaport said:

September 27th, 5:14 pm

Just bumped my pledge up in the hopes of hitting the Vita stretch goal. Hope it gets there.

Scaramanga1983 said:

September 27th, 6:49 pm

Vita version possibility came out very late and at a very expensive stretch goal.

helrazor343 said:

September 27th, 7:04 pm

Already a backer, most likely will choose a Wii U version, but if it makes the stretch goals I may (prefer to) get it for PS4 (also, eventually get it on Vita, too if that’s in the cards).

djsaiyan said:

September 27th, 7:17 pm

Been a backer since day one. In for the softcover artbook tier, with the USB key add-on.

SUPER pumped for this. Really hope it makes its way to PS4 and Vita. Which actually doesn’t seem too far off, at the rate money’s been coming in. If this pace keeps up, it’ll hit it for suuuuuuuuuuuure.

=D

*mighty salute*

Mark MacDonald's Avatar

Mark MacDonald said:

September 27th, 7:32 pm

You and us both! Playing on PS4/Vita is our biggest target right now — hopefully we can power through these last few days and make it there! (`_´)ゞ

PshycoNinja said:

September 27th, 7:43 pm

Is the second picture what you guys are aiming for the game to look like? Because if so I will back this game so hard. I would love a game like this with a modern art direction shown in the second picture.

Mark MacDonald's Avatar

Mark MacDonald said:

September 27th, 10:57 pm

Yes, it is! That is our target concept art!

Kchow23 said:

September 27th, 7:51 pm

Hmm my concern supporting it is just the idea of Kickstarter itself and the danger that you guys burn through it all and end up asking for more which has happened a couple times with other devs. Otherwise I’d be happy to pitch in :)

kidhero99 said:

September 27th, 8:08 pm

Just shut up and take my money (`_´)ゞ

Mark MacDonald's Avatar

Mark MacDonald said:

September 27th, 10:56 pm

Yes sir, can do! :D
    (`_´)ゞ

saab01 said:

September 27th, 8:55 pm

Looks interesting I like it

IceSamurai said:

September 27th, 10:00 pm

I want to see it come to vita so im in, hope it counts

PHEEliNUX said:

September 27th, 11:14 pm

Definitely looking to play this on my 3DS
I’d personally like an RPG like game, My favorite Megaman games were Battle Network and Starforce

Gamerzlimited said:

September 27th, 11:30 pm

I already donated $20 for this. Can’t wait for the official release!

Elvick_ said:

September 28th, 1:37 am

The largest gaming related kickstarter scam since Ouya.

Platform stretch goals shouldn’t be millions apart from each other. And the fact that a spiritual successor to a primarily console series is aimed at PC first only proves that they’re trying to milk the audience dry. The fact the console versions are aimed at 2015, when PS4/Xbox One will be more viable platforms to come out on, yet those are even higher than PS3/360 is more evidence.

Hey, they’re manipulating the Capcom haters like crazy. I hate Capcom too, but I will not be manipulated so easily. Sadly, many are.

pablofsi08 said:

September 28th, 6:36 am

Did a song from the old Megaman NES games start sounding in anyone else’s head as they read the list of old megaman staff on this company?

I’m so sold. Will buy this Day 1.

waverlock said:

September 28th, 7:55 am

I have backed this up too! I wish i could do more, but hoppefully you will be able to reach a few more pledge!

Ryumoau said:

September 28th, 11:07 am

i have no interest in megaman or megaman knockoffs outside of the Legends series. i would much rather get a proper MM Legends 3 on Vita or ps3 if at all possible.

djsaiyan said:

September 28th, 12:28 pm

@70

Well you’re never going to get that, because Capcom hates you, Mega Man fans, Inafune, and even Mega Man himself.

kazuki4588 said:

September 28th, 2:48 pm

I’m hoping for a Vita release, recently I’ve been buying games for it instead of PS3 and I would like to have more to play on it xD

nevesly said:

September 28th, 6:50 pm

Is it Rockman?

Kid_Grim said:

September 28th, 7:42 pm

It’s Mega man on pcp.. i’m all in on this game

DougieDoug said:

September 28th, 8:11 pm

Good luck trying to get me to play this on ps3 in 2015. Not gonna happen. Im giving it to my nephew after the ps4 release

jak_d_ripr said:

September 28th, 10:12 pm

I hope it makes it ps4/vita stretch goals, like most people on these forums I probably won’t be playing my xbox 360 in 2015 and I’m not a big fan of gaming on my laptop. Plus a megaman type game on my handheld would be amazing, megaman maverick hunter x was one of my favorite games on psp.

Gamerzlimited said:

September 28th, 11:41 pm

@Ryumoau Your comment is the reason why Capcom hates fans like you and for them cancelling all their Mega Man games. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

WiredW56 said:

September 29th, 2:31 am

Personally, if it shows up on Vita I’ll get it just to have a fun platformer on the go.

DarkStar83x said:

September 29th, 11:25 am

Donated to this. Looks like it’ll be awesome! Hopefully PS4/Vita becomes a reality!

djsaiyan said:

October 1st, 2:16 am

PS4 confirmed as of a few hours ago, and it’s about 40k away from a Vita version with 15 hours to go. At the rate the thousands are ticking by, it’s basically a shoo-in.

WOOOOOO!