Knack 2

Oct 07

Oct 07

PlayStation Plus: Shadow of the Colossus Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Those poor, poor Colossi. All they want is be left alone to wander majestically, but if you want to save your lady friend, you’re gonna have to bring them down. I know. Take a minute to prepare your mental state, and then make sure your hard drive is ready for this awesome game when it becomes free for PlayStation Plus members tomorrow. There are also discounts on some Activision titles including classic titles like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 10/8.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-8-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

Shadow of the Colossus
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat. Armed with only a sword, a bow, each Colossus presents a unique challenge to test your wits, determination, and skill. Shadow of the Colossus is an epic adventure on a scale unlike anything else. Experience one of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS+ Price Regular Price
Worms Crazy Golf $2.50 $9.99
Deadpool $39.59 $49.99
Fast & Furious: Showdown $19.99 $39.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy $20.99 $39.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy – Anger Management Pack $2.99 $4.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy – Fowl Tempered Pack $2.99 $4.99
Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse $29.99 $59.99
Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse – Peter Griffin’s Man Boob Mega Sweat Pack $2.99 $4.99
The Amazing Spider-Man $20.99 $39.99
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped $2.99 $5.99
CTR: Crash Team Racing $2.99 $5.99
Spyro: Year Of The Dragon $2.99 $5.99
Spyro: the Dragon $2.99 $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! $2.99 $5.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

tengfei-hayabusa said:

October 7th, 7:33 pm

lol ps+ usa
we French have far cry 3, dragon dogma dark Arisen, gianna syster and street x tekken vita
and you (the U.S.) shadow of colossus! a ps2 games and even the PSP title!

I think sony doesn’t like you.
usa = xbox
euro / asia / jap = playstation
Long life to Sony and kaz

iriihutoR84 said:

October 7th, 7:44 pm

Are the Crash and Spyro games playable on Vita yet? I know they weren’t when PS1 Classics on Vita launched but surely that has been fixed by now?

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 7th, 7:45 pm

@ SpooNManX

Seriously?

Do you not realize how many new subscribers there have been in the past 2 years? Besides, if all the whiners let their subscriptions expire like they always threaten to, then it wouldn’t be an issue…

And who are you to decide how much a game should cost? Did you make it? Do you have a game studio that needs revenue to stay in business? Do you have a family to feed that relies on the income generated from the sales of your game? No? Oh…

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Angry Birds is .99 on mobile phones because of the ridiculously large numbers of people who own them, which enables the publisher to sell the game at such a low price and still meet revenue goals? Did you factor in the expenses that went into the conversion work (including upgrades) to bring the game over to the PS3? Are you going to be like Ryumoaner and imply that corporate greed is afoot, when it’s not even close to being that?

And what is “two dollars and ninety-nine cents cents”? And “ninety-nine dollars cents”?

SCZeag said:

October 7th, 8:01 pm

I’m gonna join my voice to the hundred others: I’d buy all the Crash and Spyro games if I didn’t had to play through Remote Play on my Vita.

Can we at least know what’s the hold up? People are asking for it every week since a whole year and Sony remains tight-lipped about it… Licencing issues?

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 7th, 8:08 pm

+ SCZeag on October 7th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said: “People are asking for it every week since a whole year and Sony remains tight-lipped about it…”

POSSIBLE legal ramifications. Who knows for sure, but if I was asking Sony a question over and over again with no response, I’d probably go digging for clues around other parties that are associated with the content in question. You never know what you might uncover, depending on how clever you are. It might even be… an answer! Are you up for a little detective work?

alnora said:

October 7th, 8:10 pm

One more soul to the call…

Crash bandicoot playable on vita.

Please!

sparepart said:

October 7th, 8:12 pm

It will be great if these Crash and Spyro games will be playable on my Vita. Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the North America PSN Vita store?

RevBones said:

October 7th, 8:24 pm

are any of these PS+ games going to work on PS4??

betomx said:

October 7th, 8:35 pm

i would love to see more psone classics vita compatible on the ps+ IGC and or discounts . there’s an amazing rpg library that i would like to re-buy to play on the go

Moofboy said:

October 7th, 8:45 pm

I’m definitely no xbox fanboy… But just a heads up, I was watching hbo go and saw their tony hawk sale advertised. I’m not going to buy it, but you can save a buck if you want the game and revert pack. I’ll just wait for a better sale for ps+. Not getting my money this week sony, your loss.

Gamerzlimited said:

October 7th, 8:47 pm

@fantasyplayer Oh, I thought your one of those people still do care to this day. I’ll respect your opinion though. I guess continue trying to ask the same request over and over again will eventually become tiring and probably Sony won’t even bother anymore. Since they’re finally doing a sale for those games, let’s pray that Crash and Spyro comes working on the Vita tomorrow. Even though I won’t care or even bother to put them on my Vita when I get one, at least it will make others happy.

avatarguy said:

October 7th, 8:53 pm

I would also like to call for more ps1 classics on the vita, not just crash and spyro but future cop L.A.P.D. I’ve been putting off buying this game forever because I want it on my vita.

chrisgomez3030 said:

October 7th, 8:53 pm

great ps1 discounts! i would of bought them if they were compatible with my vita. would love the crash series of ps1 in my vita.

JPG2105 said:

October 7th, 9:29 pm

Putting Crash and Spyro on sale without Vita compatibility is like a big F U from Sony to Vita owners. Especially to all the people that ask for Crash and Spyro every week. I’m disappointed in you Sony you should be better then this.

Puscifer73 said:

October 7th, 9:53 pm

Where is the survey that was mentioned on the first page of comments? I’ve seen it referred to before, but I cannot see a survey anywhere.

TUNA-EGG said:

October 7th, 10:19 pm

You have my money on Spyro and Crash :) YAY!!!!!

juliosucks3 said:

October 7th, 11:28 pm

Good morning Kristine. Any chance that Run like Hell and/or The Thing will be added to the PS2 classics? Or Revenge of the Sith? Thanks…

ToFeY said:

October 8th, 12:44 am

when will the wolf among us season pass be available for pre-order? ;)

Alexx-NY said:

October 8th, 4:26 am

In all honesty, customer support from Sony is APPALLING!
I’ve been a happy fan since recently, but seeing how Sony is unwilling/unable to resolve a SIMPLE issue re. a purchase I did in over 3 weeks (!!!) is just disgusting.
I paid for something and Sony simply doesn’t care to give me what I paid for.

And here no-one cares to reply either, just overall great customer service, really.
If anyone wants a PS4, I might cancel my preorder soon, so there will be one available.
Not that Sony would care of course. :/

Daverost said:

October 8th, 4:28 am

I’ll buy Crash and Spyro, but it would sure be lovely if I could play all of them on my Vita.

DION3TO said:

October 8th, 4:35 am

Can anybody tell me why some PS1 classics availabe in the UK Store are not in the US store? Is there any compatibility issue going on? I don’t understand that.

I’m questioning this because If I have a PS1 classic bought in the US Store via PS3 and transfer it to the Vita, it should workd properly, right? :D

ReZZeRx said:

October 8th, 5:49 am

I missed Shadow of the Colossus on ps2 and bought the digital hd version and I just can not get into it. Too bad there isn’t a way to trade off downloaded games some how……

SpaceOddity87 said:

October 8th, 6:28 am

Happy to see the sales on Spyro and Crash. I still have the disc of Crash 2, but I’ll probably buy the others, at least. Already have Shadow of the Colossus, but the sales make it a good week. Please try to run sales on the classics more often.

x52Fatal_Strikes said:

October 8th, 6:56 am

Sotc will do just fine for my family, also does the NA (east) store update at random times or is there a window frame of when it happens?

randalbodell said:

October 8th, 7:47 am

I just bought Family Guy last week. Grrr. Oh well, it is what it is. Nice to see Crash titles on sale though.

Alma_viva said:

October 8th, 7:56 am

Isn’t it funny that they just answer a couple of post on the first page, and only posts that are patting them on their back? It’s really easy to say “We’re glad you enjoy it”

But of course it is so hard to actually do their job and answer questions, or at least to pretend like you care about your costumer in the slightest… I mean, we get it, you guys don’t know every thing that’s being asked and don’t have every answer, but you could at least say something: “Sorry, PS classics won’t work on your vita but we are working on it”, “You should be able to play your PS classics on your Vita soon” “Sorry we suck so much and NEVER EVER EVER answer any of the questions, only give crappy games for the IGC while EU gets just amazing stuff and yet we still want our paycheck everymonth without earning it”

You guys are just awful.

EFUS09 said:

October 8th, 10:17 am

i wish today i can buy a 20$ psn card and buy all the Crash Bandicoot classics and CTR on mi ps vita, that was one of my reasons to buy a ps vita, i really believe today that classics will be available on ps vita store

PhoenixDowny said:

October 8th, 10:17 am

If Shadow of the Colossus is released as a remake on PS Vita I will certainly download it.

Crono1973 said:

October 8th, 10:45 am

Do the Crash and Spyro games work on the Vita if you transfer them from the PS3? I know you can’t download them from the Vita.

gordyK86 said:

October 8th, 11:11 am

Where are the discounted games? They haven’t appeared on the store page yet.

cheddar2010 said:

October 8th, 11:50 am

Haven’t played any of the games being offered this month.
I’m so glad I got psn+, keep the great games coming.

Any idea if we may have a halloween sale like last year?

SnoT8282 said:

October 8th, 1:11 pm

Why can’t we get good games like the EU PS+ Members get? They got both Far Cry 3, and Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen along with other games… We get Kingdoms Of Amalur and now this…

Tharsuss said:

October 8th, 3:40 pm

Out of the corner of my eye, I thought this update read “Shadow of Scoliosis”.

4 out 5 just for not being that.

iLuv7of9 said:

October 8th, 3:59 pm

Question: if I buy a ps2 game (Spyro) on the PSN for my PS3, can I download that game again, free of charge, onto my PS4 in a couple months? Or will I need to keep my PS3 to play those games? Thanks

ChavitaMJP18 said:

October 8th, 7:34 pm

When will the Crash and Spyro games be playable on the PS Vita? I tought that with these discounts they would make that happen.

rpgfiend said:

October 8th, 9:53 pm

My reaction finding out I could download SotC: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!…

DJPlace said:

October 8th, 11:25 pm

your famous @-#ole troll of the month is back to cause you people with vita some #ell.

Crash and Spryo are owned by Activsion

Spryo has skylanders now…

Crash i don’t know… and after playing his last 2 games mind over mutant and crash of the titans i can say the series is dead to me anyway… plus those games are old skool and fun but i so would love to see crash bash on NA PSN… but i’ll bicker about that a different time…

no matter how many times we beg sony…

we are never ever ever going see those games on PS Vita.

if you want them on the go get a gosh darn psp or better yet a old playstation 1 and a real disk of the games and deal with it!!

vita is not selling too well atm (i think…) even with the price drop… and also playstation plus ticked me off this month… so i hope sony makes up for next month…

also don’t forget Crash and Spryo are not or never owned by sony…

now i’m going just leave but i bet there’s going still be bickers about the crash spyro issue… so read me and deal with it!!

oh btw spryo 3 was the last great spryo game.

fav crash and spryo game is #2

crash=cortex strikes back
spryo=riptro’s rage

i’m done.

Beyond-Flight said:

October 8th, 11:46 pm

im still playing Reckoning :D

trum3n1 said:

October 9th, 11:56 pm

You guys are just awful.

SidNightwalker said:

October 10th, 2:35 pm

SotC is astounding.Absolutely astounding.I have been interested in playing it since it originally came out and I knew there was something special to it, but I never imagined that it would both excellent and mind blowingly beautiful even by today’s standards.This game alone makes for a great month for Plus.It’s as simple as that.

pikfloydviste said:

October 10th, 4:22 pm

I’ve enjoyed having playstation plus. I would request we have a few more discounts for Vita games. Thanks.

The-Great_Mexica said:

October 10th, 9:39 pm

Plus usa colosus-plus España far cry 3 WTF!!!!

b1tters said:

October 11th, 12:24 am

yargh argh don’t you guys just hate games and discounts?! yargh argh

great stuff team keep up the good work. anyone wants to complain it’s 50 bucks and an address in manchester to double down and play far cry 3 but not own it.

EDYGOKU_BR said:

October 11th, 4:58 am

PlaystationPlus Europe releases the best games of the PlaystationPlus USA?

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

October 11th, 5:16 am

Have you seen the games for November for EU????
Metal Gear Rising!!!
Remember Me!!!

And NA PS+ next month will be what?
Metal Gear HD Collection? XD
Don’t remember to continue your PS+ subscription? ;DD

mine will end today… what should I do… ehmmm easy… just let it end and continue the great PS+ EU membership ^^… because you know… they do care about me and deliver one hit after another! ^^

palma2410 said:

October 11th, 5:45 am

man this sucks, PS Plus EU got Far Cry 3 and Dragons Dogma and they will be getting Metal Gear Rising and Remember me in november, while we are getting old PS2 remakes.

dodgedoors said:

October 11th, 8:48 am

OHHHHHH Boy, reading through the Eu plus post and I think people are going to want to crucify the bloggers after they write about this one. First off the PS3 content is awesome there, but I’m not one to compare content, US does their best and I believe that.

The reason our people will flip is because they are cutting PS3 titles down to 2 a month. This will not sit well with people not becoming early adopters. I only hope people see the value in adding the PS4 titles through the online store for when they do get the PS4 they will have an extensive collection.

dodgedoors said:

October 11th, 8:53 am

Of course the bloggers won’t have to post anything about this until Friday November 1(my guess) so they have 3 weeks do gameplan how to handle this and stock up on their prescriptions to anti anxiety, and migraine medications.

DARK_REAPER_543 said:

October 11th, 1:39 pm

one of my Fav classic games.

zakfarseer said:

October 12th, 3:41 am

Great, SotC is one of my all time favortie ps2 games.

My IGC and discount wishlist:
– Need For Speed Most Wanted (Or any decent racing game)
– A sports game maybe, NHL 12 or 13 or Fifa
– Braid
– Portal 1-2
– Ratchet and clank (makes sense if Insomniac and sony want to market Into the nexus)
– Jak & Daxter Collection