Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 09

Oct 09

Drakengard 3 Coming to PS3 in 2014

Sakura Minamida's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Manager, Square Enix

Drakengard fans, rejoice! We’re proud to announce that Drakengard 3 is coming to North America next year for PS3.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Drakengard series, and it’s been seven years since the launch of Drakengard 2. Producer Takamasa Shiba is back to bring you along on another incredible and twisted journey.

Never played the original Drakengard? What many people don’t know about Drakengard 3 is that it’s actually a prequel, and leads up to the events of the original Drakengard. So this game is quite perfect for all fans — new and old.

Drakengard 3, 01Drakengard 3, 02

For all those Square Enix music fans, renowned Composer Keichi Okabe, who scored Nier, joins the Drakengard family, and crafted a beautiful soundtrack for this game. I have to say, the music in Drakengard 3 is amazing. Certainly for me, it’s one of the highlights!

Drakengard 3 is coming to PS3 in 2014. You can pre-order now exclusively at the Square Enix store.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts in the comments!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

CrazyGuy62 said:

October 9th, 6:13 am

With this announcement of Drakengard 3, will there be announcements of 1 and 2 coming to PSN as well?

From_Concentrate said:

October 9th, 6:14 am

I’ll pick it up for sure. Too bad it’s not also for ps4. My ps3 will need some loving by then anyways so no biggie.

Enders321 said:

October 9th, 6:22 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK! I’m a huge fan of the series and can’t wait to get this game. With that said, I’m still getting that crazy 10th anniversary edition that from Japan haha.

akisuo said:

October 9th, 6:31 am

Well, this is quite the surprise! Awesome.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:30 pm

This is overwhelming to see how happy everyone is with Drakengard 3 coming to North America! Thank you so much for sharing your excitement and I will certainly share more information as it becomes available :)

ryoonz said:

October 9th, 6:32 am

Best thing Square Enix has done since Nier. I can’t wait to play this. Nier is my best game of this generation.

Zezzler said:

October 9th, 6:33 am

It’s great to see that PS3 is going to get continued support even after the launch of PS4. Thanks Squeenix!

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:09 pm

No problem and thank YOU for your love and support!

P.S. Love your avatar.

ryoonz said:

October 9th, 6:45 am

@Zezzler Just like PS1 and PS2 :)

The_Spider_King said:

October 9th, 6:46 am

Words cant describe how much im happy now , Nier was one of the most under rated games of all time , the game has mind blowing music and story . its sad nobody played it . but for now im soooo happy , Keichi okabe and Yoko taro are back . yeeeees .

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:08 pm

Woot! Glad to hear! You shall get mind blowing music and story here too. Yeeeeees indeed :D

Stray84 said:

October 9th, 6:55 am

Stray84 said:

October 9th, 6:55 am

d

mwatcher said:

October 9th, 6:57 am

Very happy with this news.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

October 9th, 7:00 am

I’m really interested in this game but never played the first two. Are they good and should I play them before playing this?

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:12 pm

I MAY be bias but… YES!

This is a prequel so you can technically play this first and play the other 2 in order but you can’t go wrong either way!

Mando44646 said:

October 9th, 7:08 am

I would totally buy Drakengard, but not on a last gen console. I’ll have had the PS4 for 3 or 4 months by this point and won’t care about PS3 gen games. Release on both if you want more sales please

Cotrip said:

October 9th, 7:23 am

yes, YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Awesome news! Please SE, bring the 10th Anniversary Box special edition of this game.

h_pacheco said:

October 9th, 7:31 am

@The_Spider_King This is so true!!!

can’t wait to play drakengard 3!

DarkOne_PR said:

October 9th, 7:32 am

its this ps3 exclusive?

pOcHo_OX said:

October 9th, 7:34 am

Thanks I’ll pick buy this game!!, please give us more ps3 games in the future

AlexGarcia89 said:

October 9th, 7:39 am

Great news, but I have a question, will the physical version be available on retail stores, online stores like amazon, etc. or only through the Square-Enix online store? I´ll appreciate the response

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:15 pm

Unfortunately no details right at this very moment but stay tuned!

KazeEternal said:

October 9th, 7:49 am

Who gets the love for making this happen? Last I heard this was not coming to NA.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:17 pm

Never trust the interwebs! :P Super overwhelmed to see the love from everyone!!

Zoryu_of_Setsuna said:

October 9th, 7:57 am

Awesome that i don’t need to play the other games to get what is going on, but i think some time i might. I definitely need to get this, it’s looking really good.

Also I am loving the soundtrack! Are you able to tell us what the name of that song was in the trailer? I loved it!

RenderMonk said:

October 9th, 8:00 am

@ryoonz I completely agree. Nier was so underrated, loved that game. I played through all 4 endings.

I remember seeing the announcement for Drakengard 3, but it only coming to Japan. Just made my morning announcing that it will also be coming to NA. Thanks SE.

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:18 pm

No thank you!! Great to see all the Nier love here too! <3 <3

Monterossa said:

October 9th, 8:23 am

AWESOME! took so long to announce the localization.

btw you still need to localize Final Fantasy Type-0.

Jessaru2 said:

October 9th, 8:41 am

I love you so very much Square Enix. <3

somberfox said:

October 9th, 8:42 am

That’s good to hear

sssfffhhh5 said:

October 9th, 8:43 am

That is way too goooooooooooood!!! Can’t wait for it.

Zkorle said:

October 9th, 9:35 am

YAY THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:20 pm

YAY YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

SugarSpocks said:

October 9th, 9:47 am

Oh my god thank you! And its the TGS 2013 trailer, too. I love Drakengard (my mind still reels from those games) and Nier is one of my favorite games on the PS3. Hopefully the first two games go up on PSN. (And hopefully the NA version will also come with a box similar to the 10th anniversary box in Japan 8D)

Square Enix, there is only one game left you need to get to fans.

FearMonkey said:

October 9th, 9:54 am

Woo-hoo!!! all praise based Squeenix!!!

PhoenixDowny said:

October 9th, 10:01 am

It’s such a blessing to see that Sony PlayStation and other Third Party studios and developers are continuing to support the PS3 even after the launch of the PS3. I just bought the PS3 so this helps me feel a lot better about my financial investment in buying the PS3. I sorely hated Nintendo for releasing the WiiU not long after our family purchased the Wii because Nintendo always abandons their previous systems once a new console is launched.

I love how Sony PlayStation supports their consoles even after a next gen release. They supposed the PS2 throughout the years after the PS3 launch and I’m thankful to see that they will continue to support the PS3 in the wake of the PS4’s launch because I’m not buying the PS4 until at least Black Friday of next year as I’m more in love with my PS Vita then anything else in the house right now. I’ve never played a Drakengard title and this will certainly be good for me since Drakengard 3 is a prequel.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

October 9th, 10:10 am

Man, I’m going to be playing PS3 games for years. This looks great. Thanks for bringing it west.

TheDarkDreaming said:

October 9th, 10:18 am

Is there even a silver of a chance that we’ll be getting the Anniversary Box set in NA?

oni_saru said:

October 9th, 10:30 am

This is just the best news ever! I’m super hyped for the US release of this game. The first Drakengard is still my favorite game of all time. Can’t wait to play 3!!

hyper-shadow-0 said:

October 9th, 10:35 am

Wow…I was just about to import this from Play-Asia.com too..now I can wait a while for it to be released to the US, Also you should ask Square Enix to make an HD collection for Drakengard 1 & 2. It be easier for those who never played it for the PS2 and cause it was a rare and unheard of game at the time.

MrZ_2010 said:

October 9th, 10:40 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

poodude said:

October 9th, 10:41 am

Square, I love you so much right now. I still need to play the first two games, but Nier was amazing. As soon as this game was announced I had hoped it would come to the West. So thank you!

UncannySilk said:

October 9th, 11:01 am

saveur said:

October 9th, 11:05 am

THANK YOU, SQUARE ENIX. Good god I cannot wait for this to come out. Insta-insta-insta-insta-buy!!! Hoping you’ll consider bringing over that amazing big collector’s edition box set that Japan got. Even if it were made SE Store exclusive, I would snag that up the moment it was available. Either way, I’m going to want to be able to buy the soundtrack for this no matter what. No way it isn’t going to be incredible. And finally, Drakengard 1 & 2 on PSN please!!! More love for the series the better! :D

Also, totally unrelated, but just wanted to let my interest be known for Dragon Quest VII on 3DS, the two DQ Monsters games, Rocket Slime 3, DQX, and ALL the recently announced DQ iOS ports. Please don’t forget about the series in the states, it would be such a shame to see all those go unreleased outside of Japan.

Elvick_ said:

October 9th, 11:17 am

THANK YOU! Super happy that it’s coming.

Any chance we’ll see the originals on PSN? I know licensing issues tends to be a problem, but if it’s possible it’d be great to see.

And I know unrelated… but FFX and X-2 on PS Vita, retail please. I don’t care if I have to pay more.

DecadanceFantasy said:

October 9th, 11:28 am

I loved how strange and beautiful Drakengard was. I got lost playing Drakengard 2 in Japanese, but still enjoyed it on YT since I could never find a new English copy later on. I have Nier, though I’m not good at playing it.

I am totally excited for Drakengard 3! I though this would be another type 0 where SE wouldn’t release it in the US. I’m happy that is not the case! I so want to barrel through enemies as Zero and have Mikhail breathe fire!
I will so be buying this game!
Zero’s outfit reminds me of Furiae’s in a way. Color scheme wise.

Yuranium said:

October 9th, 11:46 am

Saw Square e-mail about this and I almost jump off my seat. I can see Square starting to localize more of their games to the west.

OdinsCHAOS said:

October 9th, 12:10 pm

Will a physical release only be exclusive to the Square-Enix store? I’d rather not have to pay almost $7 in shipping and then a $3 tax to it if I can get a physical copy elsewhere.

KINGOCELOT said:

October 9th, 12:36 pm

That trailer is amazing! I’ve been anxiously waiting for this announcement and it finally happen. I just hope they make and HD collection of Drakengard 1 and 2 or just add them to the store as PS2 classics. By far my most anticipated game.

Nazotchi said:

October 9th, 12:39 pm

I kept myself from getting my hopes up, thinking that this would never come to the west, so I am just ECSTATIC that this is coming out here. Day 1 purchase for me.

Naozumi said:

October 9th, 1:41 pm

Hopefully the game is uncensored and has Japanese audio in the US version.

Crimson-ScarXX7 said:

October 9th, 2:00 pm

Yeah, no censorship SE! If that’s the case, then DAY 1 FOR ME! I can’t really be excited ’til that’s mentioned.

Telepyro said:

October 9th, 2:18 pm

I hope your listening playstation i’ve got $300 waiting for the 10th anniversary box set.

AsherFischell said:

October 9th, 2:56 pm

I really, really hope this is gonna come with dual-audio. I know that the digital download is going to be English-only, but if the retail release doesn’t come with the Japanese voices it’ll be a definite no-buy for me.

Aesgrath said:

October 9th, 2:59 pm

I honestly wasn’t expecting for it to be localized so this came as an awesome suprise!
Totally looking forward for it, great news from squenix :D

venneer said:

October 9th, 3:07 pm

Awesome. Will definitely be picking this up.

AngelSoldier said:

October 9th, 3:35 pm

Totally buying this to show support. I’ll also be buying the JP version. Drakengard and NieR are the best!! Please leave it uncensored and also dual-audio audio would be great!! :D

Sakura Minamida's Avatar

Sakura Minamida said:

October 14th, 9:23 pm

Thanks so much for the support! XD

PAGE 1 2