Spider-Man PS4

Oct 14

Oct 14

Kingdom Hearts III on PS4: New Gameplay Trailer

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

If you’re one of the seven billion people on this planet who have been begging for more information about Kingdom Hearts III, you’re in luck – we’ve got a new trailer!

Pre-order Kingdom Hearts III here

Featuring new abilities, attacks, enemies, and everything in between, this trailer is just a taste of the goodness to be included Kingdom Hearts III.

Oh, and in case you missed our announcement earlier this morning, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will be coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 in 2014!

So… what do you think?

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

geof36 said:

October 14th, 11:10 pm

Looks amazing so far! I’m so excited to get my hands on it and see how it plays. The wait is going to be unbearable.

DJKim0701 said:

October 14th, 11:11 pm

Oh my god!! This is so awesome!! I played kingdom hearts 1.5 then waiting for KH 2.5 on ps3 in next year!! After that, KH 3 on ps4!!! Cannot wait!! :)

xXLinkooXx said:

October 14th, 11:12 pm

Looks amazing!!

Rufus_Shinra said:

October 14th, 11:12 pm

I think… it should be PS4 exclusive.

yourworldonfire said:

October 14th, 11:24 pm

Love the look of everything so far! My one question this far out would be how do you plan on revealing everything the game has? Will we learn of new worlds every few months, maybe if forms are returning, maybe show what Riku and Kairi look like now? Just can’t wait for more news to come!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mat Kishimoto said:

October 14th, 11:32 pm

Only time will tell :)

ragnarok_weapon said:

October 14th, 11:25 pm

Looks Amazing. Gotta start Finishing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD now.

Gamerzlimited said:

October 14th, 11:31 pm

Hopefully I will pick up 1.5 and 2.5 by the time KH3 comes out. I’m curious to find out how the story will progress after the 2nd has ended, unless I’m missing key parts as I haven’t played any the DS games or Birth by Sleep.

Elvick_ said:

October 14th, 11:32 pm

I know it’s a ways away from release, but I hope we get a Collector’s Edition.

@4: If only. Shame Sony doesn’t see the value in major 3rd party exclusives. I mean, yes first party is important but if you’re not even going to bother to advertise them, then it makes little difference in the long run as far as software sales goes. Oh well. Maybe Sony will learn to pay out the $$$$$$ for some exclusives that matter. At this rate, I doubt it.

bigimpactpooch said:

October 14th, 11:36 pm

Get UTADA HIKARU back for a NEW song! and same composer! <3

Baedeker said:

October 15th, 12:02 am

I want to see a Darth Vader cameo.

D-Squad3 said:

October 15th, 12:25 am

How about those Kingdom Hearts avatars? And when will Versus XIII/FF XV get a release date?!!

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

October 15th, 12:54 am

I wish it would have stayed exclusive. It would make much more sense to begin with and the title somehow belongs to the PlayStation brand because of its history…

Kchow23 said:

October 15th, 1:07 am

Sadly I am not, but I would like to see more FF Versus 13 :)

the_Hiperion said:

October 15th, 1:30 am

I see well?, or looks like a PS3 game?

tonydamiani said:

October 15th, 1:42 am

Kingdom Hearts it’s the best series ever created! Period! OMG I can’t wait for this game!!! Now we need a Special/Collectors Edition EXCLUSIVELY for PS4!

ModSquade said:

October 15th, 2:27 am

So it looks like Disney Land amusement park rides are now part of the game. Interesting

Butters360 said:

October 15th, 2:47 am

Utter amazement at Sora and party against the Titan.

lisatsunami said:

October 15th, 2:51 am

Mat, either you work very late or you’re not here in CA, but it sure is nice to get great news two nights in a row. Love seeing Donald and Goofy, really love seeing the Disneyland Express. Very excited about playing KH3 some day and put me in the “definitely pre-ordering the Collector’s Edition” camp.

Thanks for the great trailer!

IrishDude2 said:

October 15th, 2:52 am

Looks amazing!!! I really hope the wait for this doesn’t be too long. I hope this game get’s released around 2015. Just one year after 2.5.

Sarges24 said:

October 15th, 2:54 am

Beautiful. truly a great series and it’s great to see it finally making an appearance again. Great job!

Tim81DE said:

October 15th, 3:20 am

IS THAT THUNDER MOUNTAIN!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!

akisuo said:

October 15th, 4:12 am

Looks amazing. Really can’t wait to get my hands on this.

iREVOLTER said:

October 15th, 4:29 am

Please take your time Nomura-san and make the best KH in this Final Xehanort Arc, but don’t take forever because I want to play it in this life.

Earthling_8 said:

October 15th, 4:33 am

iREVOLTER you took the words right out of my mouth.
Utada Hikaru and KH avatars now that’s speaking my language. :)

khknight said:

October 15th, 4:53 am

Not gonna lie, im 90% disappointed with this trailer.

And im a fanboy of this franchise

What i saw in this trailer was the same gameplay from kh2 that is over a decade old. Its outdated and shouldn’t be brought back.

What i want from kh 3 is a completely new combat system.

No more mashing the x button to kill an enemy. Allow us to do some really cool combos that involve multiple button presses
No more using triangle aka THE WIN BUTTON to easily beat bosses
Make using magic more reliable and easier. Let us be able to use all our magic by assigning them to what ever button we want.
In Kh BBS, beating bosses was as easy as block, counter, punish and then u rinse and repeat. That needs to change

All im asking for is a kingdom hearts that takes advantage of the new harder, this game needs to go above and beyond especially now that its on ps4 and skipped ps3. It needs to go beyond what a ps3 kingdom hearts would of done.

Give us larger, more detailed and more populated worlds with lots of things to see and do with them other than just fighting waves of enemies.

SteeLFaisca said:

October 15th, 5:10 am

@khknight
Relax. Its still in development. And, man. We dont need a complete new system. KH 2 system its awesome, so as KH 3D DDD. We need only to improvements in the system. And this is clear in the video.

mckg123456789 said:

October 15th, 5:16 am

sweetness! Great news! :D

Pabloo1010 said:

October 15th, 5:44 am

*BRAIN EXPLODES*

Zionine said:

October 15th, 5:57 am

Was the train put there on purpose.. SO WE CAN ALL HOP ON THE HYPE TRAIN!?

BlaqMagiq24 said:

October 15th, 6:08 am

Shut up and take my munny!!!

DualEdge said:

October 15th, 6:23 am

Wow, just noticed that the characters pictures in the bottom right corner are no longer static images! I wonder if their expressions will change depending on what’s going on (hard to tell since everything shown is in battle).

PZDugna said:

October 15th, 6:24 am

That train scene will definitely be a gif for a Hype Train Soon =P can not wait for this game though i will say the game has that very shinny problem most new games so much freaking bloom.

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

October 15th, 6:28 am

is that on PS4?

it could easily be on PS3, it does not look impressive at all

destoryer95 said:

October 15th, 6:30 am

This kh3 will be the best oh ever and in getting kh1.5

jcallendem said:

October 15th, 6:33 am

I´m buying the PS4 as soon as this game comes out!

It´s freaking awesome

Elranzer said:

October 15th, 6:47 am

I see they’re using the Main Street Electric Parade from Walt Disney World and Disneyland (this would be the pirate ship an train you saw in the video, for those who haven’t been to the theme parks).

And Birth by Sleep featured a parody of Disneyland called “Disney Town”.

I hope this is leading to a Walkt Disney World-themed world in KH3. I’d love to see the Heartless take over Spaceship Earth, especially if they use the classical retro EPCOT Center (Horizons, World of Motion, etc) rather than the modernized Epcot (TestTrack, Mission:Space, etc). Those Food Rocks! muppets would make creepy bosses.

(I might be showing my age with this post.)

ossiecastro5 said:

October 15th, 6:59 am

You’re killing me here Square! If you can, please make KH3 available for the PS3 too so people can have all the games on one console!

And if it’s not too much to ask, how about some KH avatars? I would love a Heartless Emblem avatar!

Other than that, the game looks epic so far!

Mando44646 said:

October 15th, 7:12 am

I hope for a lot of new worlds and only limited retreading. I loved how Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance had a lot of new worlds in them, or new sides of previously seen worlds. I also really hope for some kind of Marvel and Star Wars references :D

Icestar10 said:

October 15th, 7:14 am

I am really excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 but I really wish you guys would release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 and later on release Dream Drop Distance on the PS4 to we could have all the Kingdom Hearts games all on one console. I really want that. :) Please consider it. Many of us want it. :D

Stranger_Eddie said:

October 15th, 7:31 am

Big Companys and your STUPID “traditions”…

Why you (developers, producers, businessman from Square) NEVER LISTEN your MILLIONS of Kingdom Hearts Fans around the world to create digital sale of this games?

– Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix (MORE THAN 3 YEARS AND NEVER APPEARED out from Japan, and ONLY IN UMD and NOT FINAL MIX, only BBS)…

– Now KH 1,5 HD remix >>> PS3 ONLY…. And NOTHING for PS Vita…

Why you from Square don´t listen MILIONS of PS Vita owners?

– And now… KH 2.5 HD remix >>> AGAIN… Same history!

PLUS: Space Invaders Extreme… Another Game ABANDONED!

Major_Hoare said:

October 15th, 7:32 am

Hey SE the PS2 called and wants it’s game back!

TubaDude49 said:

October 15th, 8:15 am

Looks great! I know it’s a longshot, but I’m really holding out on a world from LOST in the game.. I would be ecstatic if that ever happened.

jiggyteddy said:

October 15th, 8:21 am

Awesome can’t wait for this one! That train ride battle looked quite fun.

@4: Why does exclusivity matter? I just want to play great games all across the board. I never get those kind of comments…. having to make something exclusive. If a game is 3rd party then so be it. They want to make money. It is a business after all.

I just want to play good quality games. Exclusive or not!

Meteorgun7 said:

October 15th, 8:22 am

Beyond excited for this, long time fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryumoau said:

October 15th, 8:41 am

Game looks great but could you please explain to us the reason why you can’t release KH games digitally? First it was birth by sleep, then 1.5 remix. Sony has stated that all ps4 games will be mandatory day one digital, so i’m not sure how you plan to escape that with KH3.

I’m hoping Square stops being stubborn and puts 1.5 remix on psn and have 2.5 as well when it comes out.

goodSuM said:

October 15th, 8:46 am

Did Elranzer (#36) really mention Horizons!? That reminds me… why no love for Mr. Toad in Kingdom Hearts? ;)

Apeman24 said:

October 15th, 9:09 am

I wish it was exclusive to PS4.

FearMonkey said:

October 15th, 10:00 am

@47 – me too. If only because owners of other consoles will probably be confused and not know what’s going on without having played all the other games in the series.

saintaqua said:

October 15th, 10:04 am

I can’t wait! (But I bet I’ll have to for a long time!)
At least we have 2.5 next year!
Please keep the news coming as often as possible.

BkzUzi said:

October 15th, 10:23 am

*looks At FFXIII Versus/FFXV*
KHIII will probably released on 2020 on the PS5.

PAGE 1 2