God of War

Oct 18

Oct 18

The Nightmare Before Christmas Comes to LittleBigPlanet

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LBP: The Nightmare Before Christmas

LBP: Jack Skellington

Our lovable Sackboy headed deep into the woods today and came across some a strange collection of trees, each of which had a door with a strange carving on them… Sackboy opened one of the doors and stepped inside… What’s this? What’s this?

It’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kit and Sackboy has just unknowingly arrived in Halloween Town! This wonderfully dark level kit available next week for both LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is chock full of new goodies just ripe for the taking for any Sackboy or Sackgirl that is brave enough to explore this creepy town!

LBP: Oogie Boogie

That’s not all though! Halloween Town just wouldn’t be complete without meeting some of its most famous residents and you can even become some of these memorable characters with our new The Nightmare Before Christmas Costume Pack.

Thanks to the Jack, Sally and the rest of the residents of Halloween Town, it’s going to be the most fright-filled and fun Halloween ever on LittleBigPlanet!

So head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com right now for a sneak peek of all of The Nightmare Before Christmas goodies that will be available on the store next week!

Add Your Own

detictiveconan said:

October 18th, 9:16 am

It’s beautiful! *Tear*

Behonkiss said:

October 18th, 9:19 am

So the level pack will be available for both LBP2 and Vita? That’s a first if so.

Looking forward to this immensely.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

October 18th, 9:41 am

That’s correct!
    We have two different The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kits! One for LBP 2 and one for LBP PS Vita!

They both contains the same creation goodies but each level is its own unique trip to Halloween Town with the PS Vita version including some unique touch-based gameplay just for the PS Vita! :)

lisatsunami said:

October 18th, 9:26 am

Too adorable; too perfect for Halloween. Thanks!

Ryumoau said:

October 18th, 9:31 am

Loved that movie as a kid. :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

October 18th, 9:55 am

Still love it as a grown up. :)

TimMalouff said:

October 18th, 9:36 am

Why will the The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kit: PS Vita cost more than the PS3 edition?
Price: US $5.99 vs Price: US $4.99

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

October 18th, 9:55 am

They should both be the same price.
    Both Level Kits can be picked up for $4.99 each. :)

DarkSeraphim666 said:

October 18th, 9:42 am

Trophies?

Borshay said:

October 18th, 9:49 am

Nightmare Before Christmas + LittleBigPlanet + Portable = Awesome

Goldanas said:

October 18th, 10:01 am

If they are $4.99 each, does this mean that they are not cross-buy?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

October 18th, 10:07 am

That’s right, each Level Kit is a different kit made specifically for that title and not a cross-buy purchase.

The Costume Pack is still a Cross-Buy purchase though and will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting. :)

Teflon02 said:

October 18th, 10:10 am

Leve Kit? As in just Stickers surfaces etc. Or actual levels and Trophies? I’ve been dying for a non arcade level pack on the Vita

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

October 18th, 10:31 am

There’s a level included within the Level Kit that you will be able to play and explore to collect all of the creepy goodies for Sackboy to create with. :)

Welmosca said:

October 18th, 10:13 am

OMG…what a surprise…wasn’t expecting anything like a new level kit for LBP…and even less something this great….Nightmare Before Christmas is really cool…a perfect fit for Halloween and all this goodness for $5.00 ?….I can’t wait already….I’m so happy for being a LBP playa…I love you Mm.

PS:Jack is already my fav costume there.

khknight said:

October 18th, 10:41 am

Although this is unrelated to you guys…

I cant help but wonder why disney is so co operative with bringing its characters to LBP, yet they wouldn’t do the same for PSASBR.

I really wanted sora to be in that game….

Hey do you guys think you can get some kingdom hearts character costumes in LBP? That would be awesome!

DecadanceFantasy said:

October 18th, 10:56 am

Now this one I like!
Jack and Sally’s story was so sweet and cool. I used to love that movie!

EdReedFan20 said:

October 18th, 11:06 am

Fantastic! I feared there would be no more Disney content due to Disney Infinity and the removal of the Toy Story DLC. That makes me hopeful that we’ll get Star Wars content soon. Bring us Sack Vader!

Teflon02 said:

October 18th, 11:07 am

Thanks for the replay, sounds good. Shame it isn’t a 5 level pack like Pirates etc. But I’m happy (Y)

GnomeWizard said:

October 18th, 11:15 am

Totally gonna get that costume pack! Might get the vita level kit also, the vita create mode does seem kinda lacking to me with materials and stuff :/

tusunami said:

October 18th, 11:39 am

This is awesome as always now I just hope this year we get LBP for PS Vita. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

drd7of14 said:

October 18th, 12:02 pm

Think the littlebigplanet website link is a little broken.

ossiecastro5 said:

October 18th, 12:03 pm

I agree with @ 11. Why is Disney so nice with Media Molecule but not Santa Monica? Why can’ Disney add Sora to PSASBR? It’s not like it’s safe to add Jack Skellington in LBP; where people can easily make videos of Justin Bieber killing Skellington.

I’m not mad at Media Molecule or at anyone else. I’m just disappointed that Disney would allow content for one PS Exclusive but not for another exclusive. Plus, I would love to have something Kingdom Hearts related on the PSN. A LOT of people wanted Sora in PSASBR. But Disney and Square Enix didn’t allow it for unknown reasons. Maybe a Kingdom Hearts level and kit in LBP 2? I’d rather buy an official Sora costume than the made-up one I have.

Other than that minor rant, great content here. I’m glad that LBP 2 is still alive and creative!

GnomeWizard said:

October 18th, 12:07 pm

@18 it’s because disney has been doing it for awhile 2011(i think) with the pirates of the Caribbean pack. and Littlebigplanet 2 is already a big game and a success where as disney might not want to take risks with a game like PSABR.

ossiecastro5 said:

October 18th, 12:13 pm

@19 How can it be a risk to add Sora in PSASBR? Sora is one of the most and well known characters in the PS2 and the series has a large fanbase. People would’ve bought the game just to play as him. I understand also that PSASBR is a newer game. But it is also the only game of its kind for Playstation and it can always get better if it had more care from the developers. And nice to see you on here too Wiz. :D

jusmoore2-1673 said:

October 18th, 1:49 pm

Hey any new for littlebigplanet HUB reveal yet?

starspd11 said:

October 18th, 2:21 pm

Just by the sound of it when Steven replied to #9, this kit will only have one level. That sucks, I wish there was more to it, but it’s cool the see Nightmare Before Christmas on LBP.

Elvick_ said:

October 18th, 2:49 pm

Buying this for sure.

Now we need some Kingdom Hearts costumes! (and older Final Fantasy ones… like FFVI… ;3)

Elvick_ said:

October 18th, 2:50 pm

Oh and Puppeteer costumes! That game’s design is insanely awesome and would look awesome in LBP.

DarkOne_PR said:

October 18th, 6:33 pm

the level kit… its just a level or a story dlc pack like the MGS4, pirates of Caribbean and the others that had a story and stuff. if thats correct this will give me a reason to jump back to LBP after this long.

DarkOne_PR said:

October 18th, 6:34 pm

btw Love NB4C.

XeahuleXolic said:

October 18th, 6:43 pm

This is Awesome!!!!

I_WILL_GET-U22 said:

October 19th, 6:33 am

will they make something for ps4 like a whole new little big plant

Rezolution77 said:

October 19th, 12:07 pm

Links were not found.

GameOverComesAll said:

October 19th, 1:56 pm

This is the one problem with LittleBigPlanet. You release too many level kits without actually creating any levels yourselves. I knew you weren’t going to, especially when I saw this was going to be a LittleBigPlanet 2 and Vita release, but the idea of going through official levels like with Pirates of the Caribbean or the Muppets was so great. Unlike those two, I’m a huge The Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so this would have been even better for me. And I know other players are going to make good community levels, but it’s not the same and that’s hardly a good excuse for not having official levels.

thebgj said:

October 19th, 2:49 pm

I dont remember the last time i purchased something from the PS store, I have seen this movie like 100 times. Im 33 and still watch it with my son. I will be buying this

MercenaryDemon said:

October 19th, 4:15 pm

Sweet! Great to see some Disney love on LBP.

Mixer23 said:

October 19th, 4:20 pm

Guys, it’s not up to Disney for Sora… You’re forgetting that half of Kingdom Hearts belong to Square-Enix, which encompasses all non-Disney related characters, including Sora. It’d be up to SE whether KH characters were included in PSASBR. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

JakTheOttsel said:

October 19th, 4:45 pm

What happens when LBP & Tim Burton collide. :D

gamer_soldier said:

October 19th, 8:20 pm

@ Steven Isbell:

Thanks for the level kit news, i am really happy and i will buy it day one. keep doing more items for lbp vita.

idn86i said:

October 19th, 9:31 pm

This is awesome! One of my favorite movie! I’m going to pick this up for my Vita~ Thank you LBP Team!

NeoHumpty said:

October 20th, 6:48 am

37 year old male here to chime in and point out just how excited I am to spend my money on this. Sadly, none of the links are working for me to check it out further.

sonman113 said:

October 20th, 4:07 pm

It’s about time! Looks cool and I do like TNBC movie! But I have a question, will Oogie Boogie be glow-in-the-dark like in the movie, and will his mouth piece be removable?

DelicaGunz said:

October 21st, 8:55 pm

My goodness one of my fav movies of all time now in Sack World!!!!!!

iamrta said:

October 21st, 9:25 pm

Will the this level kit be available after this sale? (pleeease :)

YoungBawller said:

October 22nd, 4:56 pm

This is totally awesome! and at a good and reasonable price. Excellent work Sony. :)

eric_cartman_007 said:

October 31st, 10:01 am

Hello,

Can someone help me out here.
I bought the nightmare Before Christmas levelkit
For ps. vita and bought it on the vita store.
When launching the game it installed but i cannot find it in the game ?

kimkimsosweet said: