Knack 2

Oct 21

Oct 21

Sale of the Dead: Discounts on The Last of Us, Puppeteer and More

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

Sale of the Dead

Halloween is right around the corner, and to celebrate we’ve got some scary good discounts coming to PlayStation Store. Starting tomorrow we’re putting new titles on sale each week for the next two weeks. Pick up some of our favorite zombie and horror themed games at up to 65 percent off. PS Plus members get some added savings, receiving up to 80 percent off.

Check the Store tomorrow for this week’s discounted games and on October 29th for the second week’s lineup. Pick-up these awesome games, including recent releases like The Last of Us and Puppeteer, along with older favorites like Dead Island and Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, while they’re on sale because these savings won’t last forever.

Zombie Week: 10/22 through 10/28

Lone Survivor $8.99 $9.99 $12.99
Lone Survivor Vita $8.99 $9.99 $12.99
Metro: Last Light $29.99 $39.99 $59.99
Puppeteer $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-12 $10.00 $19.99 $39.99
The Darkness II $15.99 $19.99 $39.99

In addition to all the games on sale, we’ve also got a ton of movies and TV shows available at up to 50 percent off. Here’s a sampling of some of the zombie and horror movies and TV shows you’ll be able to pick up over the next two weeks.

Zombie Week: 10/22 through 10/28 (Movies)

Movie Title Sale Price Regular Price
Army of Darkness $7.99 $9.99
Final Destination 5 $7.99 $9.99
I Am Legend $7.99 $9.99
Jennifer’s Body $8.99 $9.99
Paranormal Activity 4 $6.99 $12.99
Saw $6.99 $9.99
Shutter Island $6.99 $9.99
Sinister $12.99 $14.99
The Cabin in the Woods $7.99 $14.99
The Hills Have Eyes (Unrated) $8.99 $9.99

Zombie Week: 10/22 through 10/28 (TV Shows)

Show Title Sale Price Regular Price
American Horror Story | Seasons 1 – 2 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
Are You Afraid of the Dark? | Seasons 1 – 3 $0.99/episode $1.99/episode
Bates Motel | Season 1 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
Being Human (US Version) | Seasons 1 – 3 $0.99/episode $1.99/episode
Being Human | Seasons 1 – 3 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
Dexter | Seasons 1 – 7 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
Grimm | Seasons 1 & 2 $0.99/episode $1.99/episode
Hannibal | Season 1 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
The Walking Dead | Seasons 1 – 3 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode

Horror Week: 10/29 through 11/04 (Movies)

Movie Title Sale Price Regular Price
A Nightmare on Elm Street $7.99 $12.99
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies $7.99 $12.99
Priest (2011) $7.99 $9.99
Resident Evil (Afterlife) $7.99 $9.99
Splice $7.99 $12.99
The Last Exorcism $6.99 $9.99
The Last House on the Left $6.99 $9.99
The Shining $7.99 $9.99
Zombieland $7.99 $9.99

Horror Week: 10/29 through 11/04 (TV Shows)

Show Title Sale Price Regular Price
Aaah! Real Monsters | Seasons 1 – 2 $0.99/episode $1.99/episode
Soul Eater | Season 1 $0.99/episode $1.99/episode
Teen Wolf | Seasons 1 – 2 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
The Vampire Diaries | Seasons 1 – 3 $1.49/episode $1.99/episode
True Blood | Seasons 1 – 3 $2.49/episode $2.99/episode
Twilight Zone | Seasons 1 -3 $1.40/episode $1.99/episode

Don’t forget that the Get $10 for Every $50 Spent promotion is running through October 29th. For every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet, you’ll receive a $10 credit back (up to $100). That means for the first week of the Sale of the Dead (10/22 through 10/28), you can take advantage of even more savings. If you’re not a PS Plus member, pick up a 1-year PS Plus membership this week for $49.99, get $10 back and get up to 80 percent off games that are part of the Sale of the Dead.

There is no shortage of terrifyingly-good discounted games, movies and TV shows to choose from over the next two weeks. Let us know what you’re planning on picking up in the comments below.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

October 21st, 7:34 am

wooooooahhhhh!!! That sale is aaaaaaamaaaaazing!!! :3 Will get some $10 dollar vouchers for sure XD

zingakun said:

October 21st, 7:35 am

Wow, finally Red Dead Redemption Bundle on sale. THANK YOU GUYS!!

Valde_zerocool said:

October 21st, 7:36 am

These deals are terrifyingly low, I can’t wait to pick up Red Dead and Undead nightmare!

Berliniano said:

October 21st, 7:37 am

The best sales ever! go go go!!!

Ryumoau said:

October 21st, 7:37 am

interesting sale. might get thr Walking Dead vita version for $9.99 as well as Dead Island game of the year. The new DMC is also tempting at the low $14 price tag. Thanks Sony for a real sale for once. :)

Amir_G_M_US said:

October 21st, 7:38 am

Great idea
I’m buying Dead Island

Jaded_Dragon said:

October 21st, 7:38 am

Does the “Get $10 for every $50” promo end as of the beginning of the day on the 29th, or will we get a chance to buy things after the store update?

klassymike said:

October 21st, 7:39 am

Awesome Sales!

Frulond said:

October 21st, 7:39 am

Here I come Puppeteer, DmC, Fatal Frame 1 & 2, Metrol: Last Light and probably Dead Space 3 :D

Amazing sale!

ioshi_US said:

October 21st, 7:40 am

nothing good for vita owner :(

zingakun said:

October 21st, 7:40 am

Is it possible to extend “Get $10 for Every $50 Spent” for at least one day? Most of the games I want are in the Horror Week (Bioshock 1 & 2 / Fatal Frame 1 & 2 / SIren / Pupeteer)

PAFenix said:

October 21st, 7:40 am

Now THIS is a sale! Was holding out to get some of the Fatal Frames for cheap for Halloween!

Now I just got to figure out how to reach $50, since some of these purchases will keep me just below! XD

dlee_75 said:

October 21st, 7:41 am

Why is Saw on sale for Zombie Week? lol

zalwelgoedgaan said:

October 21st, 7:41 am

Buy Puppeteer folks, it’s a steal at that price.

carlpain said:

October 21st, 7:42 am

YES! I was waiting for something like this! Great deals! I own like 10 of those games (Steam), but with those prices, I’m buying like 7 of them for my PS3. Thank you, Sony!

TwinDad said:

October 21st, 7:42 am

Puppeteer it is. Nothing else strikes my fancy. Considering I don’t care for zombie or horror games, to think I found something on sale.

IIL0YDII said:

October 21st, 7:42 am

Great

CptQwark said:

October 21st, 7:42 am

Wow amazing sale, planning to pick up Dead Nation, Puppeteer and DMC

You guy’s rock! I will never be able to finish my backlog of PS3 with these sales and PS Plus :)

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

October 21st, 7:42 am

Damn good prices on The Last of Us and Red Dead. If I didn’t have both on-disc already I’d definitely grab them. A sale on The Last of Us Season Pass would have been a nice addition.

detictiveconan said:

October 21st, 7:43 am

Just to be absolutely sure.
Is tomorrow the last store update that we will be able to take advantage of the $10 back from $50 deal? Will the sale disappear after the store update on the 29th?

Mave_Dustaine said:

October 21st, 7:44 am

Very awesome! In for RDR+Undead Nightmare and The Last Of Us!

detictiveconan said:

October 21st, 7:44 am

Also Buy Puppeteer, It’s a masterpiece of storytelling.

DJ_Tomato said:

October 21st, 7:45 am

@Pierre Gravereau

AWFUL VITA SALES EVER

I got TWD on launch day, so PVZ and Lone Survivor…

Awful PS PLUS month

Still got 60$ left….

Seriously guys..

DO YOU EVEN WANT MY MONEY?

Now i don’t know what to buy

won’t ever fall by the get 10$ back promotion again

Solh0und said:

October 21st, 7:46 am

Would buy Dead Island GOTY edition but online is totally broken on the PS3 version. Me and my friend tried for hours to play co-op online.

DJ_Tomato said:

October 21st, 7:46 am

@Pierre Gravereau

Please confirm if this Dead sales are going to be the last ones in the whole month, cuz i won’t be able to get 10$ back

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

Pierre Gravereau said:

October 21st, 9:36 am

We have discounts posted every week in the PLUS section and in teh On Sale Now section. Make sure to check them out regularly. We also offer awesome Day 1 Digital games on pre-order. Checks out the exclsuive offers on Batman Arkham Origins, Battlefield 4, and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag both coming out this month.

Zionine said:

October 21st, 7:46 am

Puppeteer seems out of place.. but I haven’t played it at all.
Definitely nabbing it for 20$ though. :)

Also, DMC and the two Bioshock games.

KongWen said:

October 21st, 7:46 am

Isn’t Lone Survivor cross-buy?

remanutd5 said:

October 21st, 7:47 am

Puppeteer here i come!!!!!!!

ein_nineteenth said:

October 21st, 7:48 am

Five years and this is the first time The Last Guy and Siren have seen a price drop, even temporary.
Don’t advertise it. Don’t give it a disc release in the USA, Don’t release part 2 in the USA, . Don’t give it it a title update. Don’t discount it until 5 years later

This is kinda insulting, Siren was a quality series and they just forgot about it.

Well, here’s hoping it gets more exposure.

mettreidici said:

October 21st, 7:49 am

Nice sales – Last of us is real tempting.
I just finished Lone survivor. It’s the perfect title for Halloween. Great game!

Sonicfan11589 said:

October 21st, 7:49 am

i apologize in advance for this doesn’t have to do with the sale but since u work in Digital Distribution, ESRB has rated Gex: Enter the Gecko for PS Vita and PS3. I’m really hoping this is the next PSone Classic to come to PSN. Are u able to say anything? If not, I understand.

carlpain said:

October 21st, 7:50 am

Yeah, I wanna know if the 29th will be the last day of the “spend $50, get $10 back” offer. I hope it is, but since the store updates kind of late here (around 5 or 6 ET) I’ll have to hurry up to buy the games I want. Please, keep that day as the last one. I’m pretty sure many of us will buy games from these deals to get the 10 bucks back.

BlueBl1zzard said:

October 21st, 7:50 am

Wow, you guys just don’t want me to buy a ps4 do you? You have me spending all my money with all of these sales ;)

And with that spend $50 get $10 promotion still going on, this will be even more tempting.

CrusaderForever said:

October 21st, 7:57 am

Amazing deals Sony! Thank you! I will be double dipping on The Walking Dead and buying it for the Vita! Only finished the first 2 episodes on the PS3. Will have to finish it off on the Vita. Scratching my head as to why I didn’t finish it because I loved it. To many games I guess!

BrianMcGuinness said:

October 21st, 7:57 am

Everyone should get Puppeteer. It was one of the best games this year. Loved every second of it.

Alpha-Strider said:

October 21st, 7:57 am

Will the Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in the North DLC be on sale by itself? I picked up Sleeping Dogs when it was on sale a couple weeks ago so I don’t need the bundle, just the DLC. Thanks.

Squiggle55 said:

October 21st, 7:58 am

Awesome! Fantastic sale! Are there any issues with buying the Season Pass of The Walking Dead now? I seem to recall people saying there were issues with that when they already received the first 2 episodes from PS+.

Cotrip said:

October 21st, 7:59 am

@32 I’d like to know that as well. Please Sony, make the 29th still valid for the $10 cashback deal.

poodude said:

October 21st, 8:00 am

Amazing sale. Definitely picking up the Fatal Frame games + RDR.

Also, fellow Move owners, I highly recommend the House of the Dead pack!

dydazzy said:

October 21st, 8:04 am

Two weeks of sales and only 3 games for the Vita? Please tell me I am seeing this wrong.

TimMalouff said:

October 21st, 8:06 am

Same question posts #7 Jaded_Dragon, #20 detictiveconan, & #32 carlpain

On the spend $50 get $10 back through the 29th.
Looks like I am not alone on the understanding of “through”

Do purchases made on the 29th count, can we buy things released on the 29th?
What time and timezone does the sale end?

Major_Hoare said:

October 21st, 8:06 am

The sales pricing discounts on the films are HORRIBLE. Most of these films can be found in $5.00 DVD bargain bins at retailers nationwide.

Squiggle55 said:

October 21st, 8:07 am

I think I’m going to buy the rest of the walking dead episodes I don’t have and Puppeteer. And once again if you don’t already own it I highly recommend Costume Quest. One of my top 3 PSN games.

Mando44646 said:

October 21st, 8:10 am

DmC: Devil May Cry for 13.99 is the only thing there that Im interested in

Mando44646 said:

October 21st, 8:11 am

overall, a very weak sale. Where is the Vita support?

Squiggle55 said:

October 21st, 8:11 am

@42 Major_Hoare, I’d also love for someone smarter than me to explain to me why Sony sticks to such inflated film prices. Even in a big sale like this they can’t try and tempt us to buy a movie for 1 or 2 dollars? Correct me if I’m wrong, but when you make a product be it a movie or a game, and you release it digitally, every single copy sold should be extra profit. I can’t figure out why movies can’t have good sales on PSN.

PainOfSarrow said:

October 21st, 8:12 am

man i know ppl are going to blow there minds over Siren: Blood Curse Episodes for 10$. ppl have been asking for ah sale on that foreverrr. 10$ is just amazing. il get it for 20$ … il also be getting plants vs zombies, Bloodrayne Betrayal , Fatal Frame 1 and 2 , and i am alive. the rest i got or dont care to have. not bad

Berae said:

October 21st, 8:14 am

Very nice sales! I have still have not finished beyond and my ps4 is coming soon loll. Bah I will at least get puppeteer I was planning to anyway and maybe some extras.

binary_code-w said:

October 21st, 8:15 am

man, i just bought the last of us thinking it wouldnt go on sale for a while

somberfox said:

October 21st, 8:17 am

Whoa, Puppeteear for half price? I wanted to get it with the pre-order discount but couldn’t afford to. I guess this is the time to get it.

PAGE 1 2 3 5