Overwatch

Oct 31

Oct 31

PlayStation Plus: November Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

It’s going to be quite the month for PlayStation fans. PS4 is almost here, and it’s going to be mega awesome when I fire mine up for the first time and already have two free games to play. Yep, both Resogun, the intense and beautiful shoot ‘em up from Housemarque(the amazing people behind Super Stardust) and Contrast, a unique 2D/3D puzzler platformer with a stunning art style will be available in the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members on November 15th.

Of course, we have plenty of other great games to keep you busy until then, like Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is an expanded and enhanced version of Capcom’s original IP Dragon’s Dogma. There’s a new area to explore, a fast-travel system and plenty of new quests and weapons to keep you busy. Later on this month we’ll add ibb & obb, a 2-player co-op puzzler and Binary Domain, a third-person squad shooter. PS Vita owners can look forward to two amazing action-adventure titles: the classic Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and the ever-epic Soul Sacrifice.

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

ResogunContrast

Ibb and ObbDragon's Dogma Dark ArisenBinary Domain

Soul SacrificeOddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Click here for a list of the latest PlayStation Plus content

November PlayStation Plus Preview

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

PS Plus - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

Ibb & obb (PS3)

PS Plus - Ibb and Obb

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99
ibb & obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together. Find a friend for some true local cooperative couch fun or match up online. Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover the 8 hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum.

Resogun (PS4)

PS Plus - Resogun

Free for PS Plus members
RESOGUN is an intense fast-paced shoot em’ up developed exclusively for the PS4 system. Unleash a diverse array of devastating weapons including lasers, missiles, overdrive, and nova-bombs to blast hordes of enemies and rescue the last survivors from distant galactic colonies that are under ruthless attack from an evil alien invasion force.

Contrast (PS4)

PS Plus - Contrast

Free for PS Plus members
Contrast is a 2D/3D puzzle/platformer, set in a 1920’s vaudevillian, film noir dreamscape, full of cabaret, illusion and performance. You play as Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi, and you have the power to shift from the 3D world into a 2D shadowscape, by becoming your shadow. As Didi’s imaginary best friend, you must use your shadow shifting abilities to solve complex puzzles, in order to help Didi investigate the secrets that lie behind her troubled family.

Binary Domain (PS3)

PS Plus - Binary Domain

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99
Created by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series, Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast paced and intense battle for humanity in a robot-filled 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $14.99
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration.

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Soul Sacrifice

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99
Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute to, or start your own discussion.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 11

Ejsponge61 said:

October 31st, 10:07 am

This is an OUTSTANDING update. So many good games! I hope I’ll be able to claim my free PS4 games, through the PC PSN Store. I know I won’t have a PS4 for a while, but I still want to claim the games.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

October 31st, 10:09 am

You will be able to do that, yes!

ossiecastro5 said:

October 31st, 10:09 am

Awesome month as usual! I was about to buy DMC: Devil May Cry and other games from this week’s sales. But with a month like this up ahead, I think I’ll be busy and more satisfied. :)

ocray said:

October 31st, 10:10 am

Don’t forget that Wipeout 2048,Gravity Rush and Uncharter:Golden Abyss will be switching out next month :)

MikeCisThaILLest said:

October 31st, 10:11 am

This is the best month so far for me. I am looking forward to every single game except the one I own.
Thank you Sony this month you have really made my subscription worth while. I am grateful, to be a member of your rental service. It truly has set an industry standard.
Question: When do the PS3 yearly games & PS Vita yearly games switch to the next set.

MikeCisThaILLest said:

October 31st, 10:12 am

Also @ Yanorath Speak for yourself about hoping we do not get the games that EU gets. It is your own choice if you subscribe to the EU + in addition to the US PS +. Be mindful of the fact that not all of us can afford that luxury. I for one want every game that the EU + gets. For example they recently got DmC & Metal Gear R. Both awesome titles that I would appreciate. I believe they also got NBA 2k13 not long ago. Sadly the US PS + is often several steps behind in quality of games given for free. This November I would say we are even or perhaps have them beat. Just be grateful my friend. When I see a game given for free that I already own & enjoy a part of me is a little upset, then I realize I got to enjoy it months sooner. Only time it is irritating is when there is an online sale then the next month it is a free game. Otherwise I am happy for the other members who get to discover an excellent game that they maybe normally wouldn’t purchase. This service sets a new precedent for gaming. Playstation for Life!

dh4645 said:

October 31st, 10:12 am

was hoping for older AAA games like red dead or batman AC. oh well. these will do, i guess.

MikeCisThaILLest said:

October 31st, 10:14 am

For those who don’t already have Soul Sacrifice you are in for a treat it is one of the greatest PS Vita titles.
Here is hoping we get Persona 4 Golden Vita, & Street Fighter X Tekken Vita in the future. Keep up this great work SCEA…. Metal Gear R & DmC PS3 would be nice as well.

ocray said:

October 31st, 10:14 am

Thanks for the great games this month

Mando44646 said:

October 31st, 10:14 am

Looking forward to Oddworld on Vita. I’ve been waiting for that. Soul Sacrifice is also a great choice.

Binary Domain was a fun game, I encourage everyone to check that out and I’ll look forward to playing Dragon’s Dogma.

I am very disappointed with the PS4’s PS+ games. Im not at all interested in most Indie games and those 2 do not hold my interest at all. Driveclub should have been replaced by another retail game, like Knack or similar

NintendudeX92 said:

October 31st, 10:15 am

Not neglecting the vita at all — love it!

Paulo_PSX said:

October 31st, 10:16 am

Congratulations PLUS USA!! On the same level has Plus Europe!

NintendudeX92 said:

October 31st, 10:16 am

Anyone expecting AAA PS4 games at launch for PS Plus is silly

Mando44646 said:

October 31st, 10:17 am

also, when will the annual Vita games change? Shouldnt that also be happening in November?

oshkoshbagosh1 said:

October 31st, 10:18 am

@68 not complaining that we got awesome games just like EU. More of a complaint about getting the same games because I have both a US and EU PS+ because I wanted the EU games.

Malkavilis said:

October 31st, 10:18 am

Finally! A terrific month for VITA ! I was expecting 3 AAA games but 2 is better than nothing. Thanks a lot!

lisatsunami said:

October 31st, 10:19 am

Ok, somebody help me, please. I tried the original Dragon’s Dogma demo; hated it. Those AI party members were annoying, talked constantly but repetitively, and got in the way of my sword swings. I got Dark Arisen from my EU account and found it was exactly as annoying and not fun.

What am I not understanding about Dragon’s Dogma being a great game because I hated them?

As for Soul Sacrifice, I have played that more than any Vita game, sacrificed thousands of creepy-crawleys. Great game. I hope many will try it.

Really good offerings this month, thanks.

MikeCisThaILLest said:

October 31st, 10:20 am

GET HYPE YA’LL!!!!

chatoalbert said:

October 31st, 10:20 am

hey, are those the year round IGC games?

IIL0YDII said:

October 31st, 10:21 am

@Gamerzlimited
Still butthurting over last post? Look you failed hard, get over it.
And about that “Get out of this blog right now” LMAO.

lisatsunami said:

October 31st, 10:21 am

Oh, forgot to say,

Paul Sullivan: love your sweet bro hug!

shamanick said:

October 31st, 10:21 am

Amazing job, SCEA :D

Knighthell45 said:

October 31st, 10:22 am

I am going to be totally honest but our november month of Ps+ is my least favorite… I really don’t want another RPG, last month we got Kingdoms Of Amular and I doubt people already beat that game and now we got another RPG but this time with a free expansion pack and I have no idea why Capcom is still selling that same game with that price. Dragon Dogma was alright but not the greatest of RPG’s. BUT DON’T get me wrong! I love the PS4 games we’re getting :) That’s amazing!!! and I can’t wait to try these out! But you guys need to finally get rid of Uncharted 3 from the list, like holy crap that’s been on there for how long now?? You guys could have added another Ps3 game, maybe another RPG, maybe even not! The Europe PS+ this month is getting Metal Gear Rising Revengeance… I get that it’s all free games and I’m not saying that I’m grateful cause I AM! :) But i’m just throwing down my honest opinion about it, even if it’s not valuable to other people, I value my own opinion because I believe in it :) love you playstation! <3

MussiBR said:

October 31st, 10:22 am

Almost a year of complaining about the ps+ US content and now you hit the bull’s eye! Amazing line up for the instant game collection, thanks for hearing us! Hope you continue to evolve the content like this amazing november!

Christian399 said:

October 31st, 10:22 am

Those of you who haven’t played Soul Sacrifice yet are in for a treat. Fantastic game: great lore, slick action and that “one more fight” rush that I rarely feel in any game.

barturo said:

October 31st, 10:22 am

This is like my second post ever and WOOW am inpress with month.
I have a question are Soul Sacrifice and Stranger wrath replacing graviy rush&uncharted&wipeout the long time games on igc.

War_Machida said:

October 31st, 10:23 am

I literally LOL’d when I saw Dragon’s Dogma. Also, is this Stranger’s Wrath a crossbuy? I want it for the PS3 so bad D:

UnrealButcher said:

October 31st, 10:23 am

Well, this sucks ass for me. I thought I’d take a chance with getting PS+ for my Vita back in June, even though of the big 3 titles I already had Uncharted and Wipeout, but figured I’d still grab it with November approaching. I’ve been holding off on purchasing some titles hoping to see them arrive in November.

So I click on here and what do I see? Two titles I already own being swapped out.

Where’s the 3rd title?

We only get 2 in the place of the 3? I’ll be fine, I’ve enjoyed a few of the titles we have got and I’m getting a PS4, but it would be nice to know that we are getting 3 for the 3 that should be traded out. I’ll cross my fingers that if we do get a third it won’t be one I already own.

Makes me feel like I shouldn’t buy any games to take advantage of this. Sad to think games I’ll probably purchase at PS4 launch will more than likely be free within the first year.

So again where’s our 3rd Vita title that should be traded out?

/rant

DracoLovesRi said:

October 31st, 10:23 am

xcom, amalur, dogma… do I sense a pattern here?

Ikaros19 said:

October 31st, 10:24 am

amazing
i <3 PS+
^_^

Fardeenah said:

October 31st, 10:24 am

i’m really glad for teh vita content this month, soul sacrifice and oddword. awesome

J5xavier said:

October 31st, 10:24 am

great month glad i waited for dragon dogma ~

xClayMeow said:

October 31st, 10:25 am

Pretty awesome month!

I regret buying Soul Sacrifice now though since I’ve barely even played it. It’s a great game though, so Vita owners should be very happy – and maybe this will even entice people to get a Vita.

I do wish Contrast and Ibb & Obb were available on the Vita though, as the Vita is my go-to-platform for platformers now.

In any case, I hope there’s still the plan to replace the three Vita mainstays (GR, UGA, and Wipeout). Soul Sacrifice would have been a good choice for a mainstay (maybe it still will be), but I’m hoping Sony adds LBP Vita and P4G. The first one would make sense with Tearaway coming out.

peffsi said:

October 31st, 10:25 am

I have only one problem with this month’s offerings.

I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PLAY ALL THESE GREAT GAMES!!!! ;____:

brianrubin said:

October 31st, 10:25 am

OMG AMAZING MONTH! Thanks guys!!!

BrotherFilmriss said:

October 31st, 10:26 am

k, guys. THIS is a reasonable PS+ update, wanted to buy Soul Sacrifice for some time now, this will be great. Need a new memory card for my VITA though :-/

Crotin said:

October 31st, 10:26 am

This update rules, Kristine. RULEZ!

EvoAnubis said:

October 31st, 10:26 am

Dragon’s Dogma!? Hell yeah!

JEAN_K-Y said:

October 31st, 10:26 am

Does anybody know if Dragon’s Dogma disk saves carry over to it’s digital version?

BTW this month’s content is pretty awsome!!!!!

Stick89 said:

October 31st, 10:28 am

I can’t tell you how many time’s I’ve considered both Dragons Dogma and Soul Sacrifice….this is amazing!

Also I already bought Ibb and Obb and it’s an amazing game, everyone should definitely pick it up while it’s free (worth the asking price too though)

auskyem said:

October 31st, 10:28 am

Assassin’s Creed 3, Jak and Daxter, Far Cry 3, MGS Revengeance, Remember Me?

tr0n_cat78 said:

October 31st, 10:30 am

awesome month! p.s. hotline miami… also quite awesome…

thezenguy said:

October 31st, 10:30 am

finally dragons dogma, it took what 2-3 months after europe for us to get it too…

WilburMonkey said:

October 31st, 10:31 am

A stellar lineup! Thanks!

aceofshank027 said:

October 31st, 10:31 am

Any word if the Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush will be switched out or if they even will be?

b00kthree said:

October 31st, 10:31 am

Ibb obb seems to be the only one that appeals to me (not M, and on PS3) but it looks like a really good one. Might make up for last month. Thanks.

CollateralCat said:

October 31st, 10:32 am

Any news on Europe?

saiyanknight87 said:

October 31st, 10:34 am

still no word on the mp3’s and DLNA being patched into being supported on the PS4 huh? will I have to pay to use my videos on the PS4?

andremal said:

October 31st, 10:34 am

I have to agree. This is one of, if not the, best months of Plus yet. Great line up! So glad Contrast and Resogun will be available at launch. I’ve been trying to get my friend to try Soul Sacrifice. Now he will! And so much more. Woot!

–2 weeks to Greatness

Stranger_Eddie said:

October 31st, 10:34 am

Amazing preview!

fruitcakeS101 said:

October 31st, 10:34 am

Brilliant…just brilliant! Sony and their stupid IGC,UGH!!!!

Can someone help me get my jaw up off the ground? :D

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 11