PlayStation VR

Nov 03

Nov 03

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Less than two weeks left!

Last week saw the release of two PS3 games you’ll be able to upgrade to their PS4 versions for just ten bucks: Battlefield 4 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag — and Call of Duty: Ghosts is up next.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 is officially a thing, Trine 2 is coming to PS4, strategy RPG Rainbow Moon comes to Vita December 3rd, Heavenly Sword is coming to the big screen next year, relax ’em up Proteus is out now on PS3 and Vita, EDF 2025 is on its way to PS3, and more.

Oh yeah, and we answered a few questions about PS4 — but you probably already saw that.

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Brothers, Dead Nation
  • I’m reading: HTML / CSS tutorials (trying to up my code game)
  • I’m listening to: Dustforce soundtrack, Streetlight Manifesto

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

KazeEternal said:

November 3rd, 12:32 pm

When do FF14 Beta’s start for PS4?

sserschens said:

November 3rd, 12:34 pm

This will be the slowest two weeks of my life.

deathshadow799 said:

November 3rd, 12:35 pm

I’m Playing: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, I Am Alive, The Walking Dead

I hope you are preparing a good sale for all of us receiving our $10.

IceColdKilla44 said:

November 3rd, 12:38 pm

I’m surprised the COD: Ghosts 1080p on PS4 news didn’t make “What We’re Reading” list.

redj944 said:

November 3rd, 1:22 pm

This is a little off topic, but it must be said. The PS4 needs to have Mp3/Mp4 support, i will NOT pay to listen to music on my ps4, and i NEVER will, its just plain insane. For those of you who have not heard, Playstation has made it so you only can listen to music on your ps4 IF you pay the monthly subscription to Music Unlimited. Is it NOT enough that we are all ready paying to play online with playstation Plus? i am insulted that you would charge us to pay to play music to! this is outrageous, Pull your act together Sony. I’ve been a long time fan since ps2, but this is really hitting me hard.

Just because you have hit a good selling streak with the ps3 in the last 3 years does not mean you can go and force fees on us.

You have gone to far this time. I sincerly hope that you have taken what i have said seriously.

the reason that I am so upset is because Sony is my favorite gaming company, and has been since my purchase of the ps3 6 years ago, that is why it upsets me so to see you pull a stunt like this.

jgrizzle358 said:

November 3rd, 1:38 pm

@5 please direct these concerns towards their appropriate destination.

In case you haven’t been on Google lately, it’s already been stated that the Mp3 and media server issues are being addressed.

People like Sid Shuman and Justin Massongill are social media staff and know only what they are told by the PS4 dev team and aren’t always allowed to share everything they do know.

jgrizzle358 said:

November 3rd, 1:42 pm

Yo! Justin, my name’s also Justin (oversoul53 on Twitter, we’ve talked) so I’m’a call you Jay Smooth, cool?

lol.

Anyways…

I’m playing: Batman: Arkham Origins, DmC & Puppeteer
I’m reading: My college math book… -_-
I’m watching: Once Upon a Time, Grimm & The Walking Dead
I’m listening too: Imagine Dragons, Daft Punk & Gorillaz

Brooklyn008 said:

November 3rd, 3:28 pm

I want a deal from Activision… I need a 10$ upgrade/switch from PS3 to PS4 with Diablo damn it!!!

So… Pre ordered, Killzone, Lego Marvel, BF4, NFS Rivals, Madden 25 and Skylanders Swap Force… I’ll be getting Knack as a download also… Couple of COOP games with my son… Man, Nov. 15, lets goooooooooooooo.

MakoSOLIDER said:

Listening to:Nothing either

DavidHewett said:

November 3rd, 6:14 pm

Please make need for speed rivals upgradeable to ps4 version for $10

Ryumoau said:

November 3rd, 6:25 pm

Wish Lego Marvel was $9.99 upgradeable for the ps4 version. I’ll be getting ghosts though on both ps3 and ps4.

Sgt_0951 said:

November 3rd, 7:08 pm

Thanks for posting a link to the PS4 FAQ, as I missed it. So far, I can see that the PS4 won’t be nearly as media friendly as the PS3 was nor will it be quite as flexible to 3rd party devices, so I guess I won’t be buying a PS4 anytime soon. If they add this stuff via firmware, fine, but I’d rather see the actual firmware before I drop $400+ on the PS4 generation.

I’m playing NBA 2K14, Battlefield 4 online, and GTA V online.

I’m not really reading anything other than articles on ESPN.com.

I’m listening to music from the 2K14 playlist. Ice Cube dropped a new single a few days ago as well.

Zezzler said:

November 3rd, 9:26 pm

I have a soft spot for both Lifeformed and Streetlight! It’s awesome to see that others enjoy them as well :)

DarkOne_PR said:

November 3rd, 10:17 pm

wanna know what im reading? that the ps4 wont run mp3 or DLNA and sony its trying to shove us Music unlimited…. This has been a big impact on the image of the ps4 and even more after microsoft saying the xbone can do it just fine… what makes me more sad its that hasnt been any reaction from sony on the blog knowing we are mad at this issue.

Im a sony fan and i appreciate everything sony has done but when something its wrong, its wrong. consider me grateful for the FAQ and disappointed in the ps blog for its silence on solving the issues.

passivefamiliar said:

November 4th, 3:52 am

As with the general population….this be the right place or not.

ps4 needs to have the same functions the ps3 has. There is no good reason to strip it down.

what happened to, “it only does everything”? Thats what sold me on the ps3, if the ps4 can’t…then I’ll ride out the ps3 till its no longer supported.

Seluhir said:

November 4th, 5:57 am

On the ‘what we’re reading’ why don’t you ever ‘read’ any content about sony stuff on smaller websites?

Most of us on here already KNOW about the reviews on Polygon, IGN, Destructoid, etc. But it’d be nice to see some references to articles on smaller websites to give us some NEW places to look.

blackperro said:

November 4th, 9:22 am

diablo 3 PS3 to PS4 9.99 upgrade. before the holidays. snap those magic fingers. make it happen.

Seluhir said:

November 4th, 11:02 am

The PS4 version of D3 won’t be out until well after the holidays… so that’s not happening lol

deadendblues said:

November 4th, 11:38 am

Reading swing hammer swing, very funny
Playing puppeteer hotline Miami
Listening no bunny
Excited for the ps4

deadendblues said:

November 4th, 11:42 am

By the by who really listens to mp3 on their console anyway, yea it sucks but really who doesn’t own a stereo or another mp3 player jeeze at least cod is 1080 instead if xbone 720p
That’s something I care about mp3 blah who cares

Apeman24 said:

November 4th, 8:58 pm

I am playing Kingdom hearts: Re Chain of Memories HD. I am hunting for the platinum trophy.