Overwatch

Nov 14

Nov 14

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Story Trailer Debuts

Stewart Gilray's Avatar Posted by CEO, Just Add Water

To celebrate the impending European launch of PlayStation 4, we here at Oddworld and Just Add Water (Developments) wanted to give everyone something a little New ‘n’ Tasty.

So alongside the various exclusive screenshots for Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty you see here, you’ll also find our very first story trailer below, showing off the exquisite environments Abe finds himself in.

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is a nostalgialicious remake of our first Oddworld game, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, built from the ground up for PlayStation platforms, with brand new next-gen technology.

Over the last 12 months since we last showed New ‘n’ Tasty, we’ve been hard at work bringing the game to life, and we’re delighted to announce that we’ll be releasing in spring 2014 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

oddworldnnt_psblog_monsaic oddworldnnt_psblog_sctt4

oddworldnnt_psblog_sctt5 oddworldnnt_psblog_z3p1

Thanks to all the Oddworld fans around the world for the much appreciated support, and we’ll have much more to show in the coming months. Until then, keep an eye on the official website at oddworld.com and stay up-to-date on all things Oddworld by following us on Facebook and Twitter.

Until then!

Add Your Own

BansheeWrath said:

November 14th, 9:04 am

This game looks fantastic, can’t wait!

akisuo said:

November 14th, 9:06 am

Amazing. Really can’t wait to play this on my PS4 and Vita!

UndreyVITA said:

November 14th, 9:10 am

Awesome.

jhand187 said:

November 14th, 9:25 am

Will this be a cross buy between any ps platforms?

Qatsmasher said:

November 14th, 9:25 am

I’m excited to finally play this because I missed it back on the PS1. I was too busy with Soul Reaver, Gran Turismo, and Metal Gear Solid and never got around to it.

Speaking of which, I hope that Kojima got back with you guys about your open letter pitch.

RE_Player said:

November 14th, 9:38 am

Have become an Oddworld fan after the remasters and PS1 classics on PSN. Can’t wait for this.

ElektroDragon said:

November 14th, 9:45 am

Honestly my most anticipated title after Shadow of the Beast.

pitchforkdisney said:

November 14th, 9:53 am

Occasional work related trips to the JAW offices mean I can assure people here; raise your expectations – the animation work they’re doing is damn special. :-)

Mando44646 said:

November 14th, 10:39 am

great to see Vita love!

Rezolution77 said:

November 14th, 10:59 am

Been wondering when Abes’ Adventures were going to go on sale as PS One classics.
I have been holding out until then, but ,even better for a remastered version.

Hope the price is not much farther off.

Great Game definitely worth being brought back to life.

Rezolution77 said:

November 14th, 11:00 am

Dying to play it again, already.

Spring…ugh.

Fardeenah said:

November 14th, 11:09 am

i never played the first one, looking forward for this game

Nomnomnomom said:

November 14th, 11:21 am

Love Abe’s Odyssey can’t wait for New ‘N’ Tasty

Studdzilla said:

November 14th, 11:23 am

Looking forward to this game and on a side note, has anyone been able to finish Munch’s Oddysee? I got to one level and every time I get to the end the games freezes on me, and I’ve retried this level 4 times and it happens every time.

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

Stewart Gilray said:

November 15th, 1:29 am

Hey,
    Sorry about that… We are going to be releasing an update pretty soon that resolves that issue. It’s about to enter FQA again, so fingers crossed within a couple of weeks you’ll be good.

Stewart

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 14th, 12:22 pm

I’m playing Munch’s Oddysee HD right now, but I just started. I’m enjoying it. Glad to see this series continue on the PS4. Maybe we’ll see a brand-new entry in the series someday. :)

Lemondish said:

November 14th, 12:39 pm

I remembering playing these games when they first came out as a kid. They were so much fun and I can’t wait to relive those old memories in 2014. I hope you show off what type of next gen tech you’re including :)

koolkid1192000 said:

November 14th, 2:42 pm

Thank you!! I’ve been eagerly waiting for the newest installment of Odd World games. Can’t wait! Hands down one of the best game series I’ve ever played!

plaztiksyke said:

November 14th, 5:36 pm

Awesome, Stewart!

Will it have 3D support? any second screen/cross-controller VIta goodies? 24-bit/lossless audio assets on PS4?

cross-buy for PS3/4/Vita?

would love to see Stranger’s Wrath on PS4 as well with the full-detail models and extra bits :)

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

Stewart Gilray said:

November 15th, 1:31 am

Hey,
    Thanks for ALL the questions :)

Whilst I can’t answer them all now, I can answer a couple of them…

1. 3D Support? – We aim to get that in there yes :)

2. Second Screen/VITA – It’s something that has been discussed, but we don’t want to do it for a gimmick, it has to be for the right reason.

3. CrossBay – Being talked about right now.

4. Stranger on PS4 – Now there’s a thought. Again it’s something we’ve discussed but no decisions yet.

Stewart

Elvick_ said:

November 14th, 6:44 pm

Will buy on Vita and PS4. :3

Will you guys be porting Stranger to PS4? Would totally buy it a 3rd time on there. ;3 (well, four if you count Steam… 5 if you count the original Xbox version!)

tusunami said:

November 14th, 6:44 pm

Good to see more great games coming to PS Vita this will be excellent. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out!!!!!!!!!

cowmamba said:

November 14th, 9:17 pm

Oh man! So excited!!! I’ve been following this ever since it was announced. I’m so glad it’s getting super close to being released!

Tchanku said:

November 14th, 9:59 pm

Love Abe!

elmagaso said:

November 15th, 12:31 am

@14 I have finished oddworld: munch’s odysee(digital download) and have encountered sometimes the screen will go all black when a cutscene were about to start after finishing a level, so what I did is save before finishing a level in case it happened again. There is also a glitch with one of the trophies which is called “I regrow nothing” that won’t unlock for some people, but heard they are bringing out a patch soon(no specific date unfortunally).Hopefully these bugs are fixed.

RulitoCR said:

November 16th, 6:10 pm

This is more than great! I was waiting for this for years!!

Digital-Big-Boss said:

November 17th, 12:05 pm

I was hoping this would be out in December like the previous games. I can wait though, I like it when a game is delayed to polish instead of rushing it out broken.

Cyber-Gladiator said:

November 17th, 8:51 pm

Just Add Water (Developments) Ltd please produce an Oddworld HD
Collection for the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita that includes Oddworld: Stranger’s
Wrath
HD, Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee – New ‘n’
Tasty!
, and Oddworld: Hand Of Odd bundled in an optical disc/flash memory card format.

XxRyuusukexX said:

November 18th, 12:55 pm

still remember as a kid playing this game over and over on the pc with my little brother watching over my shoulder. Good memories

chickenbonetom said: