PlayStation VR

Nov 15

Nov 15

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Getting PlayStation-Exclusive Déjà Vu Mission

Dalton Link's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Solid and PlayStation are two brands that have been bound for greatness since the beginning. And isn’t it fitting that, in the wake of the eighth Metal Gear game to grace PlayStation, we’ve decided to go back to the start, in a big, big way.

We’re proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be coming to PS3 and PS4 with the exclusive Déjà Vu throwback mission! By setting up shots from scenes based on the events of the past, you’ll be recreating the events of Shadow Moses as you take control of Naked Snake as he tackles Camp Omega in totally new, yet oddly familiar conditions. From Genome Soldiers to Hind D helicopters and FOXDIE, you’ll be seeing old faces and new twists that will have you shouting TIME PARADOX by the end.

Also, check out a lengthy demo of Ground Zeroes running on PS4, below!

Add Your Own

ShogunDarius said:

November 15th, 6:09 am

I have a question, what is the estimated play time that this mission would take?

KazeEternal said:

November 15th, 6:23 am

Meh

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

November 15th, 6:27 am

man Metal Gear just doesnt get a break..well if they are going to remake the first game..PLEASE MAKE THE GRAPHICS LOOK BETTER..I CANT HANDLE THESE HORRIBLE PIXLE CHARACTER GRAPHICS..MAKE IT LOOK CRISP AND MORE DETAILED..ITS LIKE ONCE YOU GO HI DEF YOU CANT GO BACK!..THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK KONAMI..IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MGS5 SINGLE PLAYER AND ONLINE..ON THE PS4..NEXT YEAR!

Mobius2525 said:

November 15th, 6:44 am

SNAKE !!!SNAKE!!! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

DivHei said:

November 15th, 6:44 am

@2 @3
Wth?

Looking forward to MGSV!
… but first I need a PS4…

DivHei said:

November 15th, 6:46 am

@3
Back in the day graphics ment nothing, gameplay was everything. I just finished MGS1 and it was awesome.

reson8er said:

November 15th, 6:53 am

Pretty cool. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises ever. This is a nice nod to the fans who’ve stuck with the series on PS.

Fardeenah said:

November 15th, 6:56 am

when will mgs1 be playable on the vita?? its not on the vita store

saintaqua said:

November 15th, 7:20 am

This certainly wasn’t mind blowing like the media was building it up to be…

DivHei said:

November 15th, 7:40 am

@8 You can buy it on your PS3 and transfer it to your vita. That’s what I did.

Zilas said:

November 15th, 7:52 am

Why does the gun get put away after you shoot?
Can you not have snake hold onto the gun as you move around like in MGS4 and every other MGS game?
During the sniping scene the gun goes from zoomed in, to on his back. Why would you put the rifle away after every shot. Does this mean you can’t use a sniper rifle as a medium, or close range rifle like you could on MGS4? (No zoom)
Please answer…

Ryumoau said:

November 15th, 7:57 am

was this really the ‘shocking’ announcement by Kojima last night? Another pointless nostalgia trip?

I was hoping for something more meaningful like an official teaser for Zone of Enders 3. :(

CALISAVAGE22 said:

November 15th, 9:36 am

Sorry No Thank You. Please bring back MGO1. Maybe MGO3 next year with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

AnoyoIkari said:

November 15th, 10:14 am

I stayed up to watch the launch event just for the Metal Gear Solid V announcement. I have to admit, I was disappointed. I want a Ground Zeroes edition PS4. Not a Phantom Pain edition, not a Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pains edition PS4. I’m buying a PS4 when Ground Zeroes releases, I don’t want to get screwed because I didn’t wait for Phantom Pain. Know what I mean Jelly Bean?

Rezolution77 said:

November 15th, 11:40 am

My sons are already complaining that David Hayter will not be cast as the voice of snake.

Loved Metal Gear Solid , 2, 3 and even Peacewalker.

Can not say this will be a title I would go buy a PS4 for, and not slowly becoming more disappointed in.

Good thing for WatchDogs and BF4.

phinnv8 said:

November 15th, 11:44 am

MGS5 looks awesome. Wish this was still a PlayStation exclusive but oh well. Definitely getting. I do hope there is more gameplay this time and less cut-scenes. The classic convoluted Japanese story style is nice, but MGS4 needed more actual gameplay. It looks like from this video there are much longer gameplay sequences this time, I hope that’s the case.

Erlaxis said:

November 15th, 11:44 am

This is fine, I guess, but mind-blowing? Come on.

MGSV does look great, though.

D-Squad3 said:

November 15th, 11:50 am

Fission Mailed

Zilas said:

November 15th, 12:05 pm

@Dalton Link
Are you sure because it looks like you need to aim (hold L1 or whatever it will be) to have Snake hold the gun. Once you stop aiming (release L1) the gun gets put away. I checked other MGS5 trailers and they all look the same. You never see snake just holding a weapon unless he is aiming. Even the part where he takes a gun from an enemy, the player looks around in aim mode first, as if they knew once you get out of aiming, you will drop the gun.

D-Squad3 said:

November 15th, 12:07 pm

Regeneration Health? LAME

Seluhir said:

November 15th, 12:42 pm

People are so critical… lol

Fabivito said:

November 15th, 1:05 pm

Well I’ve posted it on European blog but it seems there some sort of problem with my post so will write here too since topic is the same.

The text below video says that we will be “recreating the events of Shadow Moses as we take control of Naked Snake”. Please change that to SOLID Snake of course, thanks in advance.

Also I’m not 100% sure since the sound is a little blurry at some points but did I just hear Kiefer Sutherland saying “surveillance camera”? If that’s turn to be true I can’t describe how disappointed I would be.

GRIM__REAFER said:

November 15th, 1:12 pm

This is why I have stayed with Sony since PS1. I can’t play the best series else where.

ferhound said:

November 15th, 2:01 pm

What a let down was this…

dertydanny76 said:

November 15th, 2:13 pm

why cant I sign in to my account this sucks

Kchow23 said:

November 15th, 3:25 pm

The exclusive DLC for PlayStation was neat, but a bit anticlimactic after being so overhyped on Kojima’s Twitter account. Looking forward to it though.

Newton_The_Kid said:

November 15th, 4:32 pm

A Hind D? *——*

GAKO-ARMY said:

November 15th, 4:51 pm

aha. thats funny. just go play twin snakes. the graphics in that version are decent.

GuidoPistols said:

November 15th, 6:38 pm

@6 I agree the fact that graphics didn’t really meant much but the gameplay does. Hahaha I even bought MGS The LEgacy Collection just for the sake of playing MGS1 in my PS3.

BG808s said:

November 15th, 6:57 pm

THAT was the “shocking” announcement? Seriously?

With a PR department like that, it’s hard not to get people disappointed…

KnifingGrimace said:

November 15th, 7:39 pm

No Hayter, no buy upon launch. If you can confirm that David Hayter will get some kind of cameo in the game or will return as Solid Snake in later titles, I’ll start saving my cash. Simply taking the title of “Snake” away from him isn’t just insulting to him, but also the fans who have grown to love him over the years. To me, David Hayter as Snake is even more iconic than Charles Martinet as Super Mario.

I’m all for seeing Hideo Kojima’s vision; that’s fantastic. However at some point, it becomes a question of how much he can reasonably change, not unlike Star Wars. I’ll play the game eventually if Hayter’s not involved, but it won’t be until it has gone to a far lower price.

Don’t keep me waiting, huh.

OldSnakeFisher said:

November 15th, 7:40 pm

Awesome, awesome. But where’s David Hayter? There’s no true Deja Vu without him u_u

NeoMahi said:

November 15th, 8:32 pm

Hate to sound like a jerk or anything but, Kojima has pretty well forgotten where he came from and who made him what he is today. He’s a GREAT game developer and Metal Gear Solid is phenominal so he knows how to develop a game but, Sony really helped him rise to the top and all this stuff with Microsoft. I guess Sony understands better than gamers do that business is business but, ah well.

Fabivito said:

November 15th, 9:23 pm

Alright Dalton, my mistake then. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Fabivito said:

November 15th, 9:33 pm

Actually that could explain more cuz when you look at the video and the moments when photos of a Hind D and surveillance camera are taken it pretty much looks like you already play as classic Solid Snake, that’s where my confusion came from. But since you actually have to take those photos as a Big Boss first, as you said, that could mean the Kiefer Sutherland’s voice in the background is Big Boss’s voice and not classic Solid Snake’s voice.

TJF588 said:

November 15th, 11:01 pm

@3 nYcFrEeWiLL82 – Just play the GameCube remake, The Twin Snakes, as @28 GAKO-ARMY suggests.

@6 DivHei – Graphics have always mattered. However, strong implementation of a good aesthetic will keep it looking fine even as technology advances.

Shadow_Dancer said:

November 16th, 12:31 am

I would’ve preferred if the whole game was an exclusive and not just some throwaway mission. It’s nice and all but running around a next-gen PS4 game as a pixelated PS1 Solid Snake that doesn’t even sound like Classic Solid Snake isn’t much of an exclusive. Thanks anyway ;)

iREVOLTER said:

November 16th, 2:58 am

Looks like promised BIG surprise , is a piece of joke by Kojima-san; I wished HE announced something like ZoE 3 PS Exclusive Title , cuz it fits Sony consoles. ^_~ Oh well I hope its free for everyone who buy GZ on both PS3/PS4 .

wallpaper42 said:

November 16th, 2:48 pm

Nice troll, Kojima.

djsaiyan said:

November 16th, 9:01 pm

I really hope during the parts where you’re playing as Solid Snake, he’s actually voiced by David Hayter.

Let Kiefer Sutherland voice Big Boss from here on out, but dang it, Hayter is Solid, and Solid is Hayter.

MohammedMK said:

November 17th, 1:09 am

Great! Can’t wait for this game!

Versace_Raver said:

December 10th, 12:32 pm

Sony you guys really need to push for both retail editions of the PS4 version. I’d literally buy one of each just for the merch/swag.

I’d hate to have to import something awesome again.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/739/558/original.jpg?w=600&h Snake Figure

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196jvjl46pewfjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg?w=600&h=324.5 Puma Jacket