PlayStation VR

Nov 24

Nov 24

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for November 26th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

It’s almost time to give thanks and pile loads of food onto your plate — copious amounts that you couldn’t possibly eat in one sitting. And as you sprawl out in a half-awake state, what better way to digest food than with some new video games? How about a long-running Japanese RPG with a huge world to explore? Sounds pretty tasty.

That’s right, this week sees the launch of Ys: Memories of Celceta. This JRPG joins the PS Vita family with an action-heavy battle system and an overworld that’s bigger than all the other maps in the series… combined.

Players will take control of series hero Adol Christin, and work to piece together his broken memories as he explores the dangers and intrigue of the Great Forest. Ys: Memories of Celceta also boasts an elaborate crafting system for those gamers out there that love to tweak gear and find the perfect tools for battle.

The PlayStation family also (re)welcomes two PSone Classics: Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Oddworld: Abe Boxx, as well as the PS3 version of Super Motherload.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, check below. And, as ever, enjoy the Drop!

Ys: Memories of Celceta Art

Hyper Dimension Neptunia Victory
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Oddworld Abe Boxx
Painkiller Hell and Damnation
Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers
Super Motherload
Ys Memories of Celceta

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3 — Digital (Already Available at Retail)
This over-the-top entry in the comedy RPG series makes its way to PlayStation Store. Enjoy fast-paced battles, dozens of dungeons, unique challenges, and a very fun look at the video game industry.
PSone Classic
Guide Solid Snake through more than 300 virtual reality training missions that will challenge your skills in combat, stealth, and overall espionage action. Snaaaaake!
PSone Classic
The classic oddities return. This old-school bundle comes packed with Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee and Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus, in all their strange glory. Help free hundreds of your fellow Mudokons from oppression.
PS3 — Digital
Demonic powers are rising, and it’s up to Daniel Garner, the Toy of Light, to stop them. Storm through 13 levels in this modern-day remake of the original Painkiller and Battle Out of Hell.
PS3 — Digital
Experience the legendary anime series in this visually striking fighter. Go head-to-head with more than 50 playable characters, and customize your Saint with an original levelling system.
PS3 — Digital (Already Available on PS4)
Something is amiss on the planet Mars. Dig down through minerals and deep secrets in an effort to uncover the truth. Play alone, or bring friends along for the ride in the gorgeous successor to Motherload.
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The long journey of Adol Christin continues in this tremendous JRPG. Recover Adol’s scattered memories, wage battle, meet new friends, and participate in the 25th anniversary of the Ys series!

Demos and Betas

The above information is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4
Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

November 24th, 10:25 am

Good Drop to you all.

Boyanime010 said:

November 24th, 10:26 am

When is God of War 3 coming to PlayStation Store?

Boyanime010 said:

November 24th, 10:27 am

Why offer every God of War game on PSN expect for part 3?

Sonicfan11589 said:

November 24th, 10:27 am

Thank you so much for adding more PSone Classics. This reignites my hope that Gex Enter the Gecko (which was rated ESRB along with Metal Gear: VR Missions) to come to PSN. Can u tell me if Gex Enter the Gecko will come next week?

MARCAO2010 said:

November 24th, 10:28 am

YES! Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers!
Will have Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers DLCS on PS Store USA too like PS Store UK and JP?

Sonicfan11589 said:

November 24th, 10:29 am

If u can reply for anyone that plans on asking this: Will Metal Gear: VR Mission be playable on Vita?

IIL0YDII said:

November 24th, 10:32 am

Is that PS1 Classic I see? Hell froze over?

onslaughtree said:

November 24th, 10:33 am

Y’s……YES………. My Vita is on a roll

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

November 24th, 10:34 am

Better catch it before it rolls away!

MilitaryDragon said:

November 24th, 10:33 am

meh, seen better

BramStark said:

November 24th, 10:33 am

Release Metal Gear Solid PSone Classic to Vita too!

nabilafzali02 said:

November 24th, 10:36 am

Is metal gear vr missions compatible with ps vita??

Boyanime010 said:

November 24th, 10:40 am

Still waiting for God of War 3 digital release on Playstation store ):

Retry_Rabbit said:

November 24th, 10:45 am

It would be nice if dlc and avatars were mentioned in the drop. the format has been getting better and I appreciate the drop info being available early on sundays, gives people a chance to make sure their wallet is loaded up in anticipation for the drop. Any word on more ps4 game releases? Will the 29th bring ps4 owners some more goodies?

BlaqMagiq24 said:

November 24th, 10:46 am

When will u guys put Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops in the Vita store? It’s been way too long and EVERY other region has it.

WilHiteWarrior said:

November 24th, 10:48 am

Yay finally MGS VR Missions pops up. I wanted it but already had MGS1, HD collection and 4. Didnt wanna buy Legacy Collection just for that

Todoh789 said:

November 24th, 10:48 am

Any chance of a sale on the PSP Ys games please?

CrashSpyro said:

November 24th, 10:50 am

Aren’t Escape Plan and flOw out on PS4 on Friday?

TheExiled12894 said:

November 24th, 10:50 am

Ys Celceta for me! :D

(Retail though for the LE)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

November 24th, 10:52 am

Nice! Hope you enjoy it.

xClayMeow said:

November 24th, 10:53 am

No Ys demo? I’ve never played a Ys game, but I’ve heard great things and it looks pretty sweet.

buster8902 said:

November 24th, 10:55 am

Please oh please answer this question everyone has! Will Gran Turismo 6 be available day one digital? We need to know so we don’t miss out on pre-order bonuses either from retail or PSN! Please answer!

buster8902 said:

November 24th, 10:56 am

That questions was for USA! Europe and Japan has already been announced!

E-D-N said:

November 24th, 11:01 am

When will we see Xenosaga I, II and III on PS Store? :D

zackuspsn said:

November 24th, 11:06 am

Does anyone knows where is PSN Black Friday Sales? Will it happen? If not, or not now, sorry. Don’t want to be a jerk, just want to know if I should waste my PSN wallet now or wait a bit more. Thank you.

Teflon02 said:

November 24th, 11:07 am

I need to buy Ys
I hope Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth hits NA, I’ve wanted to get into the series but could only find 2 and 3, but now I only wanna buy Vita and PS4 games

zackuspsn said:

November 24th, 11:07 am

@22 Yes, we need more PSone Classics also. =)

zackuspsn said:

November 24th, 11:08 am

Please someone at Sony, talk to Capcom, where is Megaman X Series for PSone! =)

zackuspsn said:

November 24th, 11:09 am

Definitly getting Ys and Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers.

Teflon02 said:

November 24th, 11:11 am

Also, not that I’m off the hype train
My Vita stuff…
Wheres Vita’s Crackle?
Vita’s PSOne Crash Bandicoot support?
Vita’s FFV support?
you know what?.. Why do I ask, Vita not getting a Crackle app a year and a half after being announced, yet PS3, PS4 and even Xbox got outta no where before PS Vita, yet it was the one announced first smh. Also the fact it’s like 15 months since PSOne classics have been added to vita and still no crash games work in NA.
Does Sony even care?

elmagaso said:

November 24th, 11:16 am

finally they brought saint seiya to america. thanks sony!!!

Xx_3xpLoiT_xX said:

November 24th, 11:18 am

Getting SS Brave Soldiers AND Ys also will the MGS VR Missions be available on the Vita Store??

avluis said:

November 24th, 11:25 am

Y”s LE for me retail as well. Can’t get enough of Tearaway though!

XeahuleXolic said:

November 24th, 11:39 am

I hope to see more PSN games added to the PS4 line up, Y’s looks amazing I can’t wait to try it, will there be a demo for it??

Lestatdelioncort said:

November 24th, 11:39 am

Hopefully you guys can add Valkyrie Profile (PS1) and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2) to the classics one day. Those games were so much fun. : )

Robbie_G_lrish said:

November 24th, 11:44 am

Everybody needs to get Ys. I see that some people want a demo but you won’t regret taking the plunge.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 24th, 11:44 am

Fallout3 4 psn

veryhoudini11 said:

November 24th, 11:45 am

Odd World and Y’s!!!! this will be a great week for my vita, but GTA Online is taking up pretty much all my free time.
Or just a great week altogether with the announcement of Persona 5 for PS3 and a new Persona 4 rythym-dancing game coming for Vita!

About people complaining about Crackle, that is totally understandable. But with Crash and Spyro, I don’t believe Sony has that much control over it. You guys really should be complaining to Activision…. but then again I’m not sure if thats completely true. Sony was the publisher of the first games in those series and I guess they could still own the publishing rights to those games. On a similar note it looks like its possible that Sony bought Crash back, Activisions website no longer mentions Crash and in the PS4’s new commercial theres a interesting sign that teases possibly Crash is returning to Sony(unconfirmed)!?!?!

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 24th, 11:56 am

Make space for Fallout 3 & all its DLC all in one .The game is old but it will still make psn money I no it will sale New idea Fallout3 with Fallout-LV all in one

TeamGreen615 said:

November 24th, 11:57 am

Y’s this week and Rainbow Moon next week. Lots of hours ahead for my Vita!

Erza_Scarlet said:

November 24th, 11:57 am

How much will cost Saint Seiya in the PSN Store?

dark_angel69 said:

November 24th, 11:59 am

Oh Ryan how did you manage to get off AC4 to do this post?? Is the game not keeping you busy enough to forget about the post? lol. Yeah I seen your tweet. hehe

So who’s doing the streaming this week? :D

Mando44646 said:

November 24th, 12:11 pm

Definitely picking up Ys. I’ve been waiting for a good Vita RPG thats actually not immature like VK3 is.

What is the price of Ys? If you included prices in this posy. That’d be fantastic!

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 24th, 12:16 pm

Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers how much space will this game take and how much is it going to cost us ??? it looks nice is about time you guys put a good fighting game out on psn new idea try putting up more game like DBZ

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 24th, 12:19 pm

No Replies lol

MISTERY-MAN said:

November 24th, 12:19 pm

How much is Saint Seiya going to cost? I really really want that game.

Nerroth said:

November 24th, 12:25 pm

Hard to imagine that Victory is already the third of eight current or future games which have been announced in some form or other for the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise.

Aside from PP (the idol producing game for PS Vita, which NIS America will published in Europe and North America next year), there is Re; Birth 1 (a reboot/remake of the first game, also on Vita, which came out over in Japan at the end of last month), Re; Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION (a remake of Mk2, which will go on sale in Japan for the Vita in March), Chou Megami Shinkou Noire Gekishin Black Heart (a Vita exclusive with Lastation’s goddess Noire as the main character; more info on that one should surface next week), and a brand new Neptunia title (which, so far, has yet to be named, or stated which platform it will be on).

I wouldn’t be surprised if Victory itself ended up being brought to the Vita as Re; Birth 3, either. (If that were to happen, that would be five out of nine games in the series listed on that device.)

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 24th, 12:28 pm

I hope it don’t cost us no more than $29.99

VirtualDrizzle said:

November 24th, 12:42 pm

Wasn’t War Thunder suppose to release this week for PS4?

forgottenstar666 said:

November 24th, 12:47 pm

can someone let us know about the playstation plus deal for black Friday is it going to be for Canada or not someone me know I want to get it for 29.99 and save 20.00

jayrabbit said:

November 24th, 12:52 pm

great drop, happy to see these rpg’s will be picking up atlease one of them, cant put warframe down on the ps4 though… (and I spend so much money on killzone just to have it sit there)

Lodi16B said:

November 24th, 12:57 pm

Hey PlayStation, where the heck are all the PS Vita games? How do you expect to keep selling the Vita if you don’t regularly release new Vita content? Come on guys, I’d take a pile of ported PS2 games if that’s all you got, just give me something!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4