Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 29

Nov 29

PlayStation Network Update

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Update: Digital voucher code redemption in PlayStation Store is returning to normal, thanks for your patience.

Update: We are continually increasing the availability of voucher code redemption functionality. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.

We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimize the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality while we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this time. Other PSN features such as log in, online multiplayer gaming, PlayStation Plus trials, PlayStation Store (excluding voucher redemption), Trophies, messages, friends, etc are all available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

carlpain said:

December 1st, 3:14 am

I love that they replied only 2 comments…that had nothing to do with the big problem. Good job, Sony.

SkoadPhilmore said:

December 1st, 4:35 am

Bought The Last of Us Bundle on Amazon and PS+. Thought I could queue up the download Friday and play after working this weekend. Thought completely wrong. After spending a couple hours after work on Friday trying to sign in/load the redemption tool/actually trying to redeem, I gave up.

Tried again in the morning, PSN seemed working much better but constant errors when attempting to redeem. Searched online and had to find out that way that the ability to redeem was disabled. Would have been nice to know when attempting to load the tool. Went to work saw that people are able to redeem. Woo.

Get home, redeemed The Last of Us and queued download. Redeemed Season Pass, download failed. Attempted to redeem PS+, an error has occurred. Attempted to pull up the Season Pass. An error has occurred. Reset PS3. Attempted to sign into PSN. An error has occurred.

Even this morning I can’t sign on to download the game. You could say I’m pretty got dang irritated. This is why I drink.

forgottenstar666 said:

December 1st, 4:38 am

hey last night I had tried it and it finally worked for me I had a psn card and a battlefield 4 upgrade code and later on a dlc for assassin’s black flag it finally worked for me I had been waiting since Friday I am glad it is finally I understood why things happen it is just going to happen but just hope it doesn’t happen when the ps4 launches in japan

GoldenShaka said:

December 1st, 4:42 am

Quick question for those ps+ gamers that already extended their membership. does the 1 year start at the moment i could redeem my code or start from the expiration of my current membership?

SkoadPhilmore said:

December 1st, 4:47 am

Woo I got in. And realized the The Last of Us download is 100ish MB and is just a download shell. Let’s hope I don’t get disconnected while I’m gone all day!

geneMag said:

December 1st, 4:50 am

@243:

the subscription stacks, so the expiration would be what you currently have + 1 year if you took the 12mo one.

I think the only thing that doesn’t stack are the trial subscriptions. If you’re already a member, you can’t activate trial subs. If you are currently on the trial one, the proper subscription will start at the day you registered the code.

FLU_Niteroi said:

December 1st, 6:21 am

I have just bought a $ 20 PSN Card on Amazon.com to buy a game to my daughter and play with her during this sunday but I’m not able to redeem this code now. I know it’s difficult to alert all stores about problems on PSN, but online stores (and big ones!) should be alerted, in order to inform us, customers, that the service is down.

ClixWizard said:

December 1st, 8:22 am

Amazon did have a banner warning customers that PSN code redemption was currently down. But they removed it from their PSN items before the problem was resolved.

Murphygamer said:

December 1st, 8:30 am

How long this gonna take????, tomorrow i supose to get a 20$ card to buy Persona 4 Golden in sale, you must keep the sale prices a week more(or more) if this problem persist because you are cutting the avaliability of buying these cheaper games.

conicalbird5644 said:

December 1st, 8:51 am

For those of you having problems redeeming codes on the play station store I found a way for it to work. I recently purchased a play station plus membership but the store wouldn’t let me redeem it. So I started up one of my games and redeemed the code in the in game store and it let me redeem it. So if you have a game that has access to an in game store try redeeming your code there. Hope this helps it worked for me.

mlabajos said:

December 1st, 9:59 am

I do not get the email to reset my password, I make more than 10 times help

Dedeca_PT said:

December 1st, 10:15 am

Boa tarde , EU JA COMPREI O CALL OF DUTY :GHOSTS VERSAO DIGITAL NA STORE DA PS3 E AGORA PAGUEI OS 9.99 DO UPGRADE E PEDE CD DO JOGO!!! PLEASE UPDATE THE THIS AND THE PS4 SYSTEM

saiclone said:

December 1st, 10:34 am

Any updates? I still get “An error occurred” in the PS3 PSN Store when entering a 12-month PS+ code I purchased on Friday.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

December 1st, 10:54 am

From the XMB (not in the PS Store), go to PSN -> Account Management -> Redeem Codes.

No guarantee it will work for you right now, but this is how I’ve always redeemed codes. Worked for me yesterday.

Now, I did have trouble at first redeeming my 2 Plus cards (1 year each) on Friday. One of the cards wouldn’t take, and I got an error message. Redeemed the other card and it worked. Went back to the first and re-entered the code. Worked fine.

Hope you guys get all your stuff. :)

loveinspace said:

December 1st, 10:56 am

White people’s problems…

shades909 said:

December 1st, 11:10 am

Isn’t it about times that you guys get better servers ???
Seriously this is getting ridiculous, servers problem every few months.

HorrorGod said:

December 1st, 11:13 am

I couldn’t redeem anything on my PS4 Friday or yesterday, but I had no problems redeeming vouchers on my PS Vita. (It doesn’t matter if you redeem it on PS3, Vita, or PS4 — it’s all the same PSN.)

psvitagamer2012 said:

December 1st, 11:13 am

@mlabajos

I got a reset password email here on Fri. or Sat. and my account was still all effed up on PSN,man. BUMMER!

All the good that did for me. LOL :( :(

Alecj22 said:

December 1st, 11:36 am

Well, at least i know why my code for a year of PS Plus from Gamestop wont work. I was afraid i was going to have to go through the rigmarole of getting a refund or new voucher. They had a great deal of 30 bucks for a whole year of PS Plus….thats almost theft. Less than 3 bucks a month for all the goodies we get from Sony as PS Plus members, is the best deal in gaming.

The way Sony has treated us over the past few years is the reason i jumped right in on the PS4. Im willing to deal with the bumps in the road as next gen gets its legs under it.

SirkSirk said:

December 1st, 12:03 pm

God the things I would do if Cytus Lambda appears on that list! I want the full game so bad!

j0n4s2crs said:

December 1st, 12:15 pm

I keep having trouble redeem my code, anyone else?
Sony, any plans to fix this?

STARBUCKSMANIC said:

December 1st, 12:27 pm

So what are yall going to do about the flash special if we can add money to our account using prepaid cards and then the specials go off so none of us can take a chance of getting them?

Mik1690 said:

December 1st, 12:30 pm

Same problem cant redeem my year ps plus that i bought from amazon, still getting error

kickbutter123 said:

December 1st, 12:36 pm

Hey guys check out my FLower and Killzone Shadow Fall reviews, they are both amazing games!

Zeyros said:

December 1st, 1:04 pm

PC is the solution for redeem codes.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

December 1st, 1:16 pm

Sign in and mouse over your username at the top of the screen. Click on Redeem Codes.

Boom.

afigueroa said:

December 1st, 1:25 pm

I just redeemed a $10 gift card for the PSN using the Playstation Store on the PC.

WolfyHopeless said:

December 1st, 2:07 pm

I’m able to sign onto psn via my PS3 & PS4, but definitely not on my Vita. Like it flat out refuses to connect. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

fireman24014 said:

December 1st, 2:19 pm

when do we get a update ????

chubagre said:

December 1st, 2:50 pm

still broken =/

chubagre said:

December 1st, 3:03 pm

worked for me :

auskyem said:

December 1st, 3:08 pm

I doubt it should last until my subscription ends 12/9 but if voucher redemption was suspended shouldn’t PS+ expiration be suspended as well or extended each day we can’t redeem our codes?

honkayjeezus said:

December 1st, 3:14 pm

Only two replies from Sony, on their blog, with over 250 comments? And neither of the replies are related to anything?

Reminds me of everything Sony after they got my money… take away music ownership, charge for a network yet still the network is bad?

I have been trying to download the demo for Trine 2 for two or three days. Tried ten times, every time I get an error message. PSN only half works half the time, you can’t charge for features and expect that of a company.

Sony, don’t go back to PS3 launch, just listen to those that have been giving you thousands of dollars for nearly two decades?

“This Guy!”

redsoxarethebest said:

December 1st, 3:20 pm

I am unable to donwload any dlc on the psn on my PS3

NotHard said:

December 1st, 3:42 pm

you way works,just redeemed two codes.

HellbentPH said:

December 1st, 3:46 pm

Still cant log into music unlimited. Whens that going to be up and running, any ideas??? :(

MarkakaJin said:

December 1st, 4:08 pm

I have a code that I just received and I was gonna go and redeem it but it says it’s either longer in use or it’s invalid. Is it because you guy are still working on the fix? What’s the update so far?

mnmGport said:

December 1st, 4:51 pm

Keep it up Sony! Thanks for the PS4 is Awesome, cool! Peace and Out :).

Gatestormer said:

December 1st, 5:31 pm

Around 10 PM EST on Friday 11/29 I tried to purchase the $29.99 PS+ through the Sony Playstation site. At check out I thought it would update the price but instead charged me $49.99. It shows wallet funded in transaction history, but hasn’t updated yet indicating I have PS+. I wanted to make sure I am able to get the November games before the new month of games takes effect. Hopefully this is updated soon.

honkayjeezus said:

December 1st, 5:40 pm

When is there ever going to be any sort of answer from this Blog from Sony?

You guys answer questions about nothing, take away music ownership for the WORST music subscription service ever and then act like you are doing me a favor by having Twitter?

What the **** is going on? Why can’t I download anything, why isn’t Resogun even booting up?

fireman24014 said:

December 1st, 5:42 pm

worked for me :

Sevyne said:

December 1st, 5:49 pm

@Gatestormer – Why did you assume that the $29.99 PS+ promotion was on PSN when it was clearly stated that it was a promotion at select retailers? They not once said that the deal would be available on PSN. It was available on Amazon, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, etc, but not on PSN. This was also a Black Friday only deal.

The rest of your post I really have no response for, because I don’t know what exactly is going on with that. I’d imagine it’ll be fixed. Could always try calling support.

gtr47 said:

December 1st, 6:05 pm

Come on playstation I want to play my battlefield4… and I can’t redeem the code…. please hurry…. fix the problem fix the issue…

fatty45n6 said:

December 1st, 6:27 pm

@chubagre aka comment number 268, it worked for me. I bought The mlb 13 the show digital code from amazon yesterday and was pissed when i couldnt download. its a big download so i wanted to download overnight. well your way worked and it is currently downloading. :D but i think once people get a hint of this method it will start blowing up just like the psn store redeem code spot did. so this way will probably get shut down soon as well. So everyone, go in and download from the redeem code in the account management before psn figures out this loophole :p

Permafry_42 said:

December 1st, 6:46 pm

This is what happens when you force everyone who wants to play online to pay for psn + (thereby causing everyone to go an buy psn + whenever its cheaper). Here’s a simple solution: ALLOW ONLINE GAMEPLAY FOR ALL PS4 OWNERS! That way people like me who got a gaming pc instead of a ps4 due to the lack of included online play without paying for the subscription will actually have a reason to choose ps4 over a 400-500 custom pc that (if you use linux, steamos when its released or get a free operating system) can play pretty much all the multiplatform games that ps4 can at comparable resolutions and framerates to the ps4.

If it weren’t for your demand of paying to play online, I might have gotten a ps4. But since I can’t afford to pay both for games and for an online service i would only ever use half the time i’d spend of ps4 due to the single player games, I’d rather get a pc and enjoy the steam sales that allow it to be cheaper in the long run than ps4. This is all coming from a long time playstation fan, who enjoyed memorable games since the psx.

Teflon02 said:

December 1st, 7:14 pm

I thought it was sunday… Where’s the Drop?

broken_legend95 said:

December 1st, 7:26 pm

Well considering I haven’t been able to redeem my 1 year PS+ since lunch in USA!!!! I can honestly come to a conclusion that I just got totally screwed by PlayStation…. If you have the same problem as me, well you better get working extra hours because you will have to buy all your codes again…

jr217 said:

December 1st, 7:50 pm

I cannot redeem my code for a free 30 days of music unlimited that came with my playstation 4..

CommandingTiger said:

December 1st, 8:05 pm

The onlline PS Store on a web browser isn’t working.
I’m trying to get Resogun for free since I’m a PS+ member and it wants to charge me 15$ for it.

ryno5458 said:

December 1st, 8:07 pm

Dos it bother anyone else that there are only 3-4 ( If you count You Tube ) social media apps??? We need apps like Instagram, and Snapchat for Ps Vita users. A well as Vine, and Kik. Please take into consideration that using these apps would also allow users to add screenshots of in-game exeriences, thus promoting the Playstation market. PLAYSTATION NETWORK PLEASE LISTEN! Its these kinds of updtes that people look forward to! Not things such as adding Parental Settings options to the homescreen! Thank you for reading, andplease consider this, with great thought ponder upon it!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8