Farpoint

Dec 02

Dec 02

PS Plus: GRID 2 Free for PS Plus Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Hop in to the driver’s seat with GRID 2 on PS3, coming to you free for PS Plus members to kick off the month of December. In addition to GRID 2, you’ll also note the start of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! The first week brings in some of this year’s best titles including Ni No Kuni, Remember Me, and Terraria; all at really really good prices.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/3.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2013
PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

GRID 2(PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99

PlayStation Plus - GRID 2
Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel™ Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Holiday Sale (Week1)

It’s week 1 of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! Check out these slammin’ sales on some of gaming’s best and check back over the next few weeks to see what else is on deck for a hefty PS Plus discount.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Defiance $2.50 $4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition $7.50 $14.99
Army Of Two The Devil’s Cartel $7.50 $14.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $20.99 $29.99
Remember Me $19.19 $23.99
Terraria $3.75 $7.49
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch $9.79 $13.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn $10.00 $19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition $15.00 $29.99
Rocksmith 2014 $29.39 $41.99

Other Discounts

In addition to the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale, have a look at these additional discounts including the wonderful Rainbow Moon on PS Vita.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Tiny Brains $15.99 $19.99
Draw Slasher $2.99 $4.99
Rainbow Moon $11.99 $14.99
Rainbow Moon Cross-Save Bundle $17.99 $22.49
Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer $5.99 $7.49

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as more discounts, Holiday Sale Week 2 info, and more.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

ThiagoArroadie said:

December 2nd, 8:41 am

Not even a mention of the PS4 ???
Whats happening, Sony? We bought the console and the Plus service expecting the monthly free games and your break on the FIRST month? :o(

Spine999 said:

December 2nd, 8:42 am

Are we gonna get some discounted DLC for grid2?

TeamGreen615 said:

December 2nd, 8:44 am

Grid 2 looks fun thanks PS+! Rainbow Moon on the Vita is something I’ve been waiting for also. Anyone else looking for a good game for the Vita I highly recommend Ys Memories of Celceta. 9/10 in my book!

INGENIERO_MAYA said:

December 2nd, 8:45 am

discount season pass of borderland 2 & gravity rush pleaseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!111

jwbrobst said:

December 2nd, 8:45 am

Will these prices not show if I’m on a trial of PS+?

Specifically I’m looking at the sony entertainment web store and I’m trying to find the deal on Final Fantasy: XIV

jayrabbit said:

December 2nd, 8:47 am

@50 Defiance can be played alone without any problems, though how they made it you pretty much are doing co-op just by being in the same area as another person as you can team up without having to join a party so most of the harder quest you just show up and join in the fray.

tnaires said:

December 2nd, 8:49 am

Hey, just a question about GRID 2: does it come with an online pass?

bosskillerz87 said:

December 2nd, 8:50 am

Is Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch for real?? only $10? is it a bad game?? I’m planning to buy this but please don’t make this free for the next month or so.. im still waiting for “catherine” :)

avatarguy said:

December 2nd, 8:50 am

Is terraria for vita on sale or is it just the ps3 version

bbbrian2013 said:

December 2nd, 8:51 am

Guys these ARE NOT THE FLASH SALES!!!

The flash sales are coming December 2nd

This clearly says these start December 3rd

igorrocks2 said:

December 2nd, 8:51 am

Army Two and Remember me for now …

jonjon0890 said:

December 2nd, 8:52 am

Remember tomorrow is the last day for the spend $60 get $10 back promo.

MrSignal said:

December 2nd, 8:52 am

@38 Yes there is a monthly fee for FFXIV(14):ARR. At least $10/month.

Ni No Kuni is an amazing deal on a great game, but be warned that it is at least 40GB in size.
This is to those of you with painfully low data caps.

Might be tempted by Terraria, but I’m waiting to see if there are any other deals going up.

KnifingGrimace said:

December 2nd, 8:53 am

More people buying FFXIV so I can play with them? Hooray!

P3GASUS_EXE said:

December 2nd, 8:54 am

Was looking forward to GRID 2. Hope to see more games of this caliber make into the Instant Game Collection.

WICKEDGHOST187 said:

December 2nd, 8:55 am

Hey kristine will we be getting the ign app today and will we ever get the hbo go app can you please tell me

iREVOLTER said:

December 2nd, 8:56 am

@56 Thx, might get the game since its just 2.5) for this price its a steal for a 6 month old game even its a mediocre game in some places .

P.S: Ni No Kuni should be bought for that price, so Level5/Namco and Sony could start development of 2nd part on PS4 .

Teflon02 said:

December 2nd, 8:57 am

So dumb, won’t change the Vita annual titles, PS4 gets no titles for December, once you guys start giving better titles for the Vita, I own every one of em already smh. PS+ lost all it’s value to me, cause of what they did, where they put Rayman Origins on Vita for sale then like a week after announce it’s free on PS+

ChaseHammerJ said:

December 2nd, 8:57 am

Everyone better jump on Defiance for this price. Shooter MMO that is about to release its first expansion.

And to answer some, yes you can play alone.

optic0nx said:

December 2nd, 8:57 am

@ blackiemist88 – The Playstation App for phones work fine for me. I have the HTC One and have no problems. Which phone do you have?

yrdr said:

December 2nd, 9:00 am

I will definitely get Ni NO KUNI, Grid 2 , and Defiance. I dont know so much about defiance but some of my friends said its great. I hope it is. Greats sales Sony keep up the great work.

Elranzer said:

December 2nd, 9:00 am

Seems like Square Enix is just giving away Final Fantasy XIV… on anything that’s not the PS4. Can’t sway me with your $9.99 prices on PS3 and PC. I’m holding off for the confirmed PS4 version!

blakseed said:

December 2nd, 9:01 am

Those discounts…..nice.

Mando44646 said:

December 2nd, 9:01 am

no Vita sales? Come on guys! Show some love to the Vita for this Xmas

secularsage said:

December 2nd, 9:02 am

Ni No Kuni at $10 is a steal.

And I’m willing to buy Terraria for the PS3 despite owning the PC Steam version because I’ve heard the PS3 version is improved in every way. But I can’t help but feel that the promised Vita version will be even better. Is there even a slight chance this one’ll be cross-buy for those who are early adopters?

secularsage said:

December 2nd, 9:04 am

Those complaining about Vita sales are, I’d hope, new Vita owners eager to get their hands on great Vita games.

Because seriously, folks, 2013 has been all about Vita sales. I vastly increased the size of my Vita games library this year with all of the insane sales they’ve had.

ozzu1980 said:

December 2nd, 9:04 am

Can anyone tell me diference between:

Rainbow Moon $11.99 $14.99
and
Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer $5.99 $7.49

???

djsaiyan said:

December 2nd, 9:05 am

@72

The PS4 version is free to people who own the PS3 version. You can jump on it now, and all your character data will carry over when it drops on the PS4 next year.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 2nd, 9:05 am

@#51 they said 1 game per month for Ps4 … The 15th is when they gave us Contrast and Resogun … They still have some time seeing as how on the 15th of dec we will have had Contrast & resogun for a month … No?

That being said I’m anxiously awaiting the Ps4 plus december offering too… I just hope they don’t give flower lol

Otaku_Power said:

December 2nd, 9:05 am

Wow, amazing discounts :D!

OddMrT said:

December 2nd, 9:06 am

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Ni No Kuni. I’m sure I’ll jump on it for $10 which means it will probably be free with PS+ next month. Always seems to be the way of my luck. Also really curious about Defiance, is it worthwhile for single player?

djsaiyan said:

December 2nd, 9:06 am

@77

One is for people who don’t own the game on PS3 already, the other is for people who already own the PS3 version and want to pick up the Vita one.

The cross-save bundle has both versions in it.

atoyikaganubon said:

December 2nd, 9:07 am

Ni No Kuni for $9.79? YES! Perfect for my $10 back. Thanks for this, been wanting to buy this a couple of months ago when it went down to $20.

berlaitada said:

December 2nd, 9:11 am

@63 Thanks man :) I was thinking about getting FFXIV but if it has a monthly fee I’ll pass, for Ni No Kuni I’ll have to free up some space but I think it’s totally gonna be worth it, I’ve been waiting forever to get this game at a nice price and for under 10 bucks it’s just too damn sweet to pass up :D

jimmyjam14810 said:

December 2nd, 9:12 am

Bummed kinda hoping borderlands was this week not grid 2 gonna pick up rainbow moon on vita and try out defiance for 2.50 why not

ItaChu said:

December 2nd, 9:12 am

NNK, Defiance and Army of Two for me …. :) and Grid 2 …. and to think next week there will be more deals :( … oh my wallet!!!

pudgenet said:

December 2nd, 9:14 am

Drat. I *just* got my Platinum in GRID 2 on Saturday night.

ItaChu said:

December 2nd, 9:14 am

and if you dont have FFXIV … get it!! when it comes out for PS4 you can upgrade to that version for free :) yes it has a monthly payment… but its just 12.99 or 14.99 … you can pay that :) and the game is very good :)

DarkOne_PR said:

December 2nd, 9:16 am

HOLY ****! FF14 10 bucks!!! JESUS!!!!

Bogg1000 said:

December 2nd, 9:21 am

Is the Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer the price people that have the ps3 version will have to pay for the Vita version?

lynx0009 said:

December 2nd, 9:22 am

on the Canadian store there is a notice saying about new Flash sales coming on December 2. (Cyber Monday,) I suppose that iw was simply a continuation on the Flash deals from the weekend?

divineLite said:

December 2nd, 9:28 am

finally rainbow moon
even better it got psplus discount, day one download for sure

hope there will be discount for Atelier Meruru+, Flower, and Malicious Rebirth
havent get them because I wait for discount

mvillatoro said:

December 2nd, 9:34 am

Vita for nothing?
as usual

Squiggle55 said:

December 2nd, 9:34 am

How in the world is Ni No Kuni being sold for that little? Just amazing.

gibranrazo said:

December 2nd, 9:37 am

hey guys whats this “Flash Warning 12.2.13″ will be a special offer today cus the cyber monday?

Splathew said:

December 2nd, 9:37 am

I’m debating getting Ni No Kuni. I’m pretty sure I would like it but it takes me forever to download games and it’s like 22 GB…

Fardeenah said:

December 2nd, 9:38 am

nothing for vita? please change the ps plus vita games line up! come on!

slferx said:

December 2nd, 9:38 am

does anyone know when ni no kuni will be on sale still says 19.99 for me

bajor27 said:

December 2nd, 9:42 am

Count me in for Terraria. Hope it ends up being Cross-Busy whenever the Vita version is released – It’s supposed to be this month.

Hard to pass on Defiance for $2.50 too. We’ll see

Splathew said:

December 2nd, 9:44 am

@slferx – When the PS store updates tomorrow. There is never a set time just sometime tomorrow.