PlayStation VR

Dec 12

Dec 12

Telltale’s The Walking Dead: Season Two Premiere Coming Soon to PS3

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by Senior Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

It’s been an extremely busy — and an even more exciting — month so far for Telltale Games, and we’re gearing up for our biggest year ever in 2014! In case you haven’t heard, this weekend we announced two new series premiering next year, including Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series, an all-new story driven episodic series in collaboration with Gearbox Software and 2K Games; and an all-new episodic series in partnership with HBO, Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series, which will premiere later next year as our currently running series conclude.

This month we’re preparing for the premiere of The Walking Dead Season Two! We’re still waiting on some final confirmations from everyone involved, but as of this morning, we can only tell you that the premiere will be hitting North America very soon on PS3. We’ll share the official premiere date in the near future, including our release plans for our European fans and PS Vita, which are also coming along very quickly!

After that, we’ll have an update on the release for the upcoming second episode of The Wolf Among Us, which will be huffing, puffing, and blowing your house down when you least expect it. Until then, watch the new trailer starring The Walking Dead Season Two‘s protagonist Clementine, and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

FJ1100_rider said:

December 12th, 12:05 pm

very cool
Day one buy for me , I have season one on ps3 and vita

questions , are those borderlands and game of thrones games going to have the same game play style and art style and walking dead ? If so they will be day one buys for me too

FJ1100_rider said:

December 12th, 12:07 pm

I forgot to say that I have not bought the wolf among us yet but will after you finish the game , I prefer to wait until these episodic games have all episodes available so I can play the whole game at once instead of waiting months for the next chapter .

joseph2411 said:

December 12th, 12:08 pm

Awesome, can’t wait to play it.
I’ll pick it up on PS3 or Vita anyway but any chance it could be coming to PS4?

December 13th, 10:32 am

Sweet! We haven’t announced any titles for PlayStation 4 yet, but we’re definitely excited about the possibilities there. :)

TheExiled12894 said:

December 12th, 12:09 pm

Awesome. Looking forward to playing this and The Wolf Among Us on Vita. Also, please bring your Game of Thrones game to Vita. I am SO hyped for it.

TomHoang said:

December 12th, 12:14 pm

I might hold off until the Vita version releases. Can’t wait for this and the Wolf Among Us!

Fergi21 said:

December 12th, 12:14 pm

I loved the first season. When is the PS4 version coming? I’m holding off buying until it is announced. Unless it has cross-buy/ cross-save.

johnnyp70 said:

December 12th, 12:15 pm

This is great news! Also, can you let us know when to expect Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us? I thought there was going to be a tighter adherence to a monthly release schedule with this one. Thanks!

December 13th, 10:39 am

The team is working super hard this month to finalize ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ (and it’s shaping up to be another episode full of surprises)! We’re anticipating an update on its ETA for release very soon after the holidays.

Axecution said:

December 12th, 12:19 pm

yeah im just gonna wait lol till all TWD is released.
At the rate The Wolf Among Us has been releasing (its been over 2 months since episode 1) i’ll die of old age by the time its actually all released lol. Telltale makes amazing games but like… work on one series at a time not 4 lol.

Thwip said:

December 12th, 12:19 pm

Maybe I am alone with this, but I find it difficult to go backwards. I was fortunate enough to buy a PS4, and I can already tell I am not using my PS3 anymore. Would love to see this on PS4 and/or Vita.

December 13th, 10:42 am

I can confirm that a PS Vita version of The Walking Dead: Season Two is already in the works! :)

tommyandstuff said:

December 12th, 12:20 pm

so no vita version at launch? :( disappointing, might have to hold off until then

bouncingsoul217 said:

December 12th, 12:20 pm

Will season pass options be available when the first episode is released?

Sakura_002 said:

December 12th, 12:23 pm

Wow, awesome trailer, looking forward to playing it!! After replaying 400 days and improving my ending, it was well… We get to be Clementine, woot!

December 13th, 12:18 pm

Glad you like the trailer! I’ll pass that comment on to our video dude Shaun!

fivexl said:

December 12th, 12:30 pm

I hope the trophies will be as easy to get as season 1 instead of like 400 days. I don’t want to have to alter my walkthrough just to get certain trophies and TWD is a game that should be played once in order to keep your experience true.

Borshay said:

December 12th, 12:33 pm

I hope they release the full season on a physical cart for the Vita, like they did the first. I’m not a fan of buying the episodes individually, I rather get them all in one purchase.

Looking forward to TWDs2 and the other TellTale announcements, hopefully they make it to the Vita as well.

krazzkev said:

December 12th, 12:34 pm

Probably will wait for the Vita release and I like the idea of the entire season on a single cart.

ToFeY said:

December 12th, 12:39 pm

i thought it was coming on december 17th :(

Mando44646 said:

December 12th, 12:54 pm

JUST PS3?

Where is the PS4 launch? And especially Vita? Wolf Among Us isnt even on Vita yet and that is where I want to play your games :(

soundandvision77 said:

December 12th, 12:55 pm

I agree with you Thwip. I really hope they release TWD Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us soon on PS4 or Vita (hopefully PS4). I’d really like to buy these games and play them on the newer systems. I still have my PS3 hooked up, but I already want to play everything using a Dualshock 4 from now on. Come on Telltale, I know you will get these games on every platform known to man – make sure that includes PS4!

Thanks for your consideration :)

akisuo said:

December 12th, 12:56 pm

Oh man. This has me super excited. Even more excited that it’s coming to vita later on.

cameronhodgkins said:

December 12th, 12:59 pm

@16 I would qualify the 17th as “very soon”. Hopefully, that’s what they mean, too! :-)

Hayterfan said:

December 12th, 1:02 pm

Well Guess I should stock up on some tissues, if that is the credits music for each episode I think ill be crying regardless of what happens.

December 13th, 12:05 pm

The music in that trailer is a mix from a piece called ‘In the Water’, by our friends Anadel… who just so happened to be fans of Season One! If you’re interested in tearing up some more, the track will be available for download this coming Monday. :)

Malt_Dismal said:

December 12th, 1:03 pm

TELLTALE! It’s great to see you guys working up the ladder! :) I’ve been with you guys since Tales of Monkey Island, and I’ve played I think every game you ever made up until JP & B2TF were announced. Although your recent work is a little too mainstream for me, that is in no way intended as an insult, and I hope you continue to follow the path of prosperity for many years to come! Don’t forget about your old pals Sam & Max though. *hug* :)

December 13th, 12:16 pm

Hey, thanks for the words of encouragement! If you like Sam & Max, hope you saw they were both in Poker Night 2 (released earlier this year). That game was also our first time working with Gearbox – they let us bring Claptrap to the table, and by winning certain pots you can also win bounty unlocks for Borderlands 2. It was kind of the genesis for us teaming up for ‘Tales from the Borderlands’. :)

Hayterfan said:

December 12th, 1:11 pm

@6 Ill bet money that after Season 2 is done there will be a “TellTale’s Walking Dead Complete Collection” Including Season 1, 400 Days, 2, and “Lee’s Grindhouse Walker Slaughter”
That last one is just a joke me and my brother had thinking Telltale would do a false teaser trailer for Season 2 with Lee alive, and acting a bit like Ash from Evil Dead

megamike514 said:

December 12th, 1:15 pm

Can’t wait for this !! Just hope each episode isn’t too many months apart like A Wolf Among Us. Gonna have to redo the first episode to remember what’s going on lol

dark_angel69 said:

December 12th, 1:25 pm

I can’t wait for all three, The walking dead, borderlands and game of thrones!! Going to be exciting!! How long will the wait be between each episode? I hate to have a long wait for the next episode so I think I will wait until they are all finished and then play them all at once.

Sharp_andPointy said:

December 12th, 1:53 pm

I read several places it was getting a Vita release. When can we expect it?

December 13th, 12:35 pm

The team is working on the PS Vita version RIGHT now! It won’t be premiering at the same time as PlayStation 3, but we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date for Vita.

liammill18 said:

December 12th, 2:12 pm

Is it still at least coming this year on PS Vita? I really can’t wait to continue the story, but my save data is on Vita, so I can’t switch to PS3.

leptonic said:

December 12th, 2:13 pm

GRRRREATT!!! I love that news! =)

December 13th, 12:37 pm

We love you guys! Can’t wait to share the season premiere with everyone who’s wondering what’s next for Clem…

Ryumoau said:

December 12th, 3:09 pm

Really hope season 2 episode 1 will hit psn november 17th.

And congrats on getting all the addition licenses to make more episodic adventures set in both the Game of Thrones and Borderlands worlds. :)

December 13th, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the congrats! :D

ItaChu said:

December 12th, 3:38 pm

um…. Laura …. why is Telltale & Sony making you do this bad marketing scheme? lol …. we all know its coming next week …. its coming to everything else next week…. JUST SAY SO!!! lol sheesh

on a side note …. since its 14.99 …. is it just 4 episodes this time or is it still gonna be 5? jummm…. >.>

December 13th, 12:44 pm

The Season Pass on PlayStation 3 will be $19.99, and that’ll get you access to episodes 1 through 5 as they become available (yep, still 5 episodes!).

ItaChu said:

December 12th, 3:39 pm

@29 november 17th LOL

ItaChu said:

December 12th, 3:41 pm

you will get them in one purchase Borshay …. lol with the season pass :)

ItaChu said:

December 12th, 3:44 pm

omg you just spoiled everything for me with that trailer!!! EVIL!!! lol

December 13th, 12:45 pm

Don’t worry… there are still PLENTY of surprises in the first episode!

You ain’t seen nothing yet. ;)

klleristonr17 said:

December 12th, 3:46 pm

Subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese in The Walking Dead: Season 2?

saab01 said:

December 12th, 3:46 pm

Why not add this to the PS4???

Also whats going on with The wolf among us which is episode 2 arriving???

December 13th, 12:53 pm

We should have an update on the ETA for ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ right after the holidays. No word yet on what our first title for PlayStation 4 will be, but the team is definitely excited about the stuff we could do with it!

chrisgomez3030 said:

December 12th, 4:25 pm

waiting for the vita version then :)

D-Squad3 said:

December 12th, 5:24 pm

Wow so the Xbox gets this weeks ahead? Thanks for nothing

tusunami said:

December 12th, 5:40 pm

I really need to get in gear & play this game. Great thing about it since I have off for Christmas break this is the perfect time to play the game as well as the 400 days dlc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 13th, 12:55 pm

Definitely play Season One before you jump into Season Two if you can! Have a great Christmas break. :)

Kchow23 said:

December 12th, 5:43 pm

I am hopeful for a PS4 release soon.

ChaosYaNinja420 said:

December 12th, 5:45 pm

ha thats why i am keeping my ps3 even after i get a ps4.. but the real question is are they going to release it all together or break it up then release the whole thing after… and the big question do plus members get a discount like last time i only paid 9 dollars for the entire season 1 then 5 for the dlc 400 days?

December 13th, 1:03 pm

The season premiere will come out for digital download first, and the rest of the episodes will release periodically after that – we really do develop them LIVE (that way we get to incorporate your feedback into later episodes)!

The Season Pass (US $19.99) on PlayStation 3 will get you access to each episode as they become available, and BONUS, it saves you 20% over purchasing them individually.

Splathew said:

December 12th, 7:08 pm

Season pass Day One please.

TWODEEEE said:

December 12th, 8:01 pm

ps4 version? if no, idgaf lol

Hayterfan said:

December 12th, 8:14 pm

Didnt season 1 of TWD launch on a friday a few days ahead of the Xbox version?

TheCraZyCloWn said:

December 12th, 8:14 pm

PS4?

JakeMOSSman said:

December 12th, 8:39 pm

Whats with all these PS3 releases? Why aren’t these coming to PS4. Did i trade in my old system for the “next gen” for no reason?

shinkyo- said:

December 12th, 10:10 pm

Likely not for Asia (at least EU would get this soon).. I guess I’ll need to buy a US PSN card to buy this from my faux US account. D:

kmetek said:

December 12th, 11:33 pm

will wait for full package cheap….as i got SEASON 1 for 5$.

Grexotic said:

December 13th, 4:46 am

Premier only? Quit the drip feeding. And no ps4? Btw I think that these games would look great in 3D!

smaki43 said:

December 13th, 7:09 am

Ok Telltale, I don’t think it’s too much to ask. Get on the phone, call up Jim Butcher, and get to work on a Dresden Files game. If anyone can do the series justice

PainOfSarrow said:

December 13th, 9:33 am

season one was amazing. im sure this season will be to.

December 13th, 1:05 pm

Wow, thanks! Really excited for you to play it. :)

PAGE 1 2