Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Dec 16

Dec 16

Kratos’ Blades of Chaos Recreated by Man at Arms

Andy Signore's Avatar Posted by Director of Programming, Defy Media

It’s been an exciting year for our show “Man at Arms” on the AWEme YouTube channel. Every other Monday, master swordsmith Tony Swatton forges viewers’ favorite weapons from video games, movies and TV. We quickly reached more than 1 million subscribers in less than a year thanks to the enthusiasm of our fans – many of whom requested Tony recreate Kratos’ weapon from God of War. Well, we heard you loud and clear. This week, we’re excited to share the newest episode of “Man at Arms” — featuring Kratos’ Blades of Chaos — with the PlayStation.Blog!

Tony creates all his weapons freehand, and it took him more than three days to complete this piece.

Check out the new episode of Man at Arms here and subscribe to the AWEme YouTube channel or follow us on Twitter if you like what you see.

Add Your Own

Gamerzlimited said:

December 16th, 10:10 am

Man, those Blade of Chaos looks sweet. How would I like to hold them with my hands.

Tidusfanboy said:

December 16th, 10:18 am

Very impress. Much want. Wow.

WikileaksWho said:

December 16th, 10:20 am

Hi. Please help me. I’m writing this at here because this is a new post so you can reply faster. :)
I missed Battlefield 4 discount yesterday by 15 minutes!!! I was so mad and wanted the game so bad. Is there any chance there will be a discount for BF4 again?
Please answer.

DragonIrons said:

December 16th, 10:22 am

Holy cow……. If he started mass producing these Kratos swords (real ones not just for show) I’d buy one. That’s just sick looking, I love it!

subsamuel01 said:

December 16th, 10:23 am

Looks amazing. Now if they could mass produce those xD

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

December 16th, 10:23 am

Very cool..now this makes me want to get online tonite and play GOW: Ascension..which i will and “by the gods i will destroy all my enemies!!!” – ( thats exactly what i say before i start any match! lol) Man i hope they make a GOD OF WAR for PS4..ASAP!!..or atleast a new one for the PS VITA..:p

punkmusic2009 said:

December 16th, 10:27 am

I tought ech mouth we saposte to get something from plus for ps4 I ownly seen 1 time and that’s when ps4 came out on the November 14 now its dec 16 2013 that’s more then 1 mouth

Vhaeraun said:

December 16th, 11:02 am

He said he scaled it down. How big is the actual blade if that was the *scaled down* version? xD

snakeman07 said:

December 16th, 11:23 am

Just watched it earlier this morning on Youtube. Gotta say, it came out great! (as with all of Tony’s builds) Awesome to see it’s getting a spotlight here on the PS Blog!

loakum said:

December 16th, 11:34 am

Mankind is NOT ready to wield around that kind of power! That Blade is the very definition of Chaos! God of War IV..please come to my PS4!

*kneels* The PS4 is worthy.

Yuranium said:

December 16th, 12:43 pm

Agree on the mass production. Definitely getting a pair just to have it.

ZeroSection said:

December 16th, 1:21 pm

This. Is. HOT!

D-Squad3 said:

December 16th, 1:27 pm

AWEsome

D-Squad3 said:

December 16th, 1:31 pm

God of War IV confirmed?

solo013 said:

December 16th, 2:48 pm

That is awesome. I love all of the stuff they make, but I’m partial to Cloud’s Buster Sword. lol

Ruffussroughcutt said:

December 16th, 3:06 pm

One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.

Katriona said:

December 16th, 3:46 pm

I love seeing what Tony and his team come up with every other week. The Keyblade and Link’s Master Sword are my favorites so far. This makes me wish I lived in California so I could go visit his shop where all of these weapons are displayed. :)

Matrix_Lion said:

December 16th, 4:43 pm

I want a blades of chaos.

R_aVe_N said:

December 16th, 9:01 pm

Was sad to see they didn’t even take the time to hide that the center of the blade was hollow by melding the two pieces together 8( They did a really good job up to that point.

gameman15 said:

December 16th, 9:56 pm

That is pretty awesome! Seeing that I enjoyed all the God of War games, I would love to see those in the weapons section of an asian gift shop.

gowofwarkratos1 said:

December 17th, 4:08 am

Amazing!!!

Welmosca said:

December 17th, 8:57 am

Hoouu….thats some real impressive work……there are some real talented people around the world,and I’m always amazed with that.Outstanding job.

Coody-Baroody said:

December 17th, 9:34 am

Very cool but I think they should have used the blades from God of War 3. The version with the large hooked point on the underside of the blade. They were the blades of choice from the whole God of War saga in my opinion.

Coody-Baroody said:

December 17th, 9:42 am

@punkmusic2009 – comment 7

I get the feeling English isn’t your 1st language? If it is you need to seriously work on your spelling.
Anyway, as for PS4 games in PS+, it’s a brand new system with only a few games so we won’t see regular monthly free games going into the Instant Game Collection for a couple months at least.

PS4 is the first console that has PS+ included at LAUNCH. It obviously wasn’t out when PS3 launched and it wasn’t didn’t include Vita games for about 8 months after Vita launched so it’s new for Sony to give PS+ to us with PS4.

We’re getting ‘Don’t Starve’ next month in January’s PS+ in EU so you’ll probably get that too. Just try and be patient, when PS4 is well established and has a bigger game library, we’ll all start to get brilliant games for our PS4s just like we do on PS3 and Vita.

SILVERX200 said:

December 17th, 12:35 pm

I thought it looked better with the shiny detail. The end result is nice but it looks far more rustic than a weapon created by the Gods.