PlayStation VR

Jan 06

Jan 06

LittleBigPlanet Update: The Dark Knight arrives to LBP!

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

DC Comics Costume Pack 2 coming this week!

LittleBigPlanet Update

It’s the New Year and we are kicking off 2014 with the release of our second DC Comics Costume Pack. This week we see none other than Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Batgirl and Poison Ivy coming to LittleBigPlanet!

Blog

These great costumes of some of your favorite heroes and villains can also be picked up individually and don’t forget that if you purchased the DC Comics Season Pass, you will automatically be able to download this new costume pack when the PlayStation Store updates this week.

DC Comics – The Battle Continues!

With the reveal of these new costumes, we now have 12 of our 23 DC Comics characters taking part in the ultimate battle between good and evil on LittleBigPlanet!

DC Clash 6

Some of the hidden costumes in this picture are featured as characters in the story of our DC Comics Premium Level Pack so you may be able to spot them in the battle… But do you think you can guess the rest yet?

FREE DLC coming this week!New Year Fireworks Costume

It’s certainly an explosive start to the year for LittleBigPlanet but we couldn’t truly begin the year with a bang without re-releasing the New Year Fireworks Costume to celebrate the arrival of 2014!

New Year Fireworks Costume

This rather nifty hand-made firework costume will also be available when the PlayStation Store updates this week and will be available for one week only, so make sure to pick it up and celebrate the beginning of this New Year in true Sackboy style with your friends.

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

BatmanJokerClashPose

Add Your Own

Redsand said:

January 6th, 10:21 am

“Swear to me!”

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 11:44 am

“Okay, okay! I… I… Won’t make another H4H level! I swear!”

NaNa_G_ said:

January 6th, 10:23 am

Whooohooo Dlc! That joker is Creepy lookin!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 11:40 am

Which part do you find the creepiest?
    Those thick green eyebrows? The sinister smile? Perhaps his dress sense? ;)

FeddeCampo said:

January 6th, 10:24 am

Wow one of my favs costume packs apart from Marvel

Thank you so much Steven!

The Firework’s costume is beautiful too!

Have a great year :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 11:44 am

Batman and fireworks! What a way to start the new year!

TJLEW said:

January 6th, 10:42 am

I know all of them except for three. It’s Catwoman, Sinestro, Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Killer Frost. I don’t know who that is right above Cyborg, behind Ivy or behind Cheetah.

johnnyp70 said:

January 6th, 10:52 am

Can’t wait to ger my Elton John SackBoy costume!

johnnyp70 said:

January 6th, 10:52 am

*get

Sorry

tusunami said:

January 6th, 10:57 am

Cool update as always glad to see more content coming out. It’s about time the PS Blog was updated it seemed like forever to update.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 11:32 am

We’re all just getting back from the Christmas break. :)

We didn’t want to hold back on releasing Batman for too long though and wanted to make sure that we got it out as soon as we could this year. ;)

jak_d_ripr said:

January 6th, 10:58 am

@TJLEW: Darn it, those are the one’s I’m not sure of either. The one behind cheetah might be captain cold since he’s opposite flash and if you look closely at his hand he looks to be holding a gun and those look like the silhouettes of icicles.

I can’t even assume who the other two are though, one of them is too close to shazam to display any features that might tip me off and one behind poison ivy is too generic of a silhouette.

Oh well, 11 costumes and if they reveal 5 every month we should know my spring.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 11:37 am

Literally just checked and all of the ones that you’re really unsure about are due to arrive in Costume Pack 4! Ooooh… The waiting! Promise you will know before Spring though. :)

akisuo said:

January 6th, 11:02 am

@TJLEW, I’d go out on a limb and say the one behind Cyborg is Raven. Maybe?

Saw this on twitter the other day and really looking forward to these costumes. Awesomeness.

PanTheMan16 said:

January 6th, 11:09 am

Please retire the weekly LBP updates. I know there are a few people who enjoy them, but this game is years old, and while it’s great that the community is still active and the developers still support it, we don’t need a blog post every week to tell us about a new costume. How many other games get new costumes that are never announced here? Many. And they aren’t announced because it isn’t front-page news. I, like most people, come to the PS Blog for new and interesting information, and announcements about a costume are not important. I have great respect for MM and love their games, but I think it’s pretty cheap the way they are still milking this. Why not give us Tearaway updates? There are many people currently playing that game and many people who are planning to buy it. Why not regular updates on PS4 games, like Warframe? Just, please, stop wasting this space. I visit the blog multiple times a day, excited to find something new, and this is not what the vast majority of blog readers want to see. I’m sure you know this without anyone telling you.

DigiOps said:

January 6th, 11:29 am

@10 Is it impeding your ability to read other posts? I would venture a guess at “no”. You could just not read it. If you’re visiting every day, its likely you won’t miss a new post. I don’t understand what you’re complaining about.

I would rather see some confirmation or denial of a new LBP for PS4 and some creation features we can look forward to.

LucasFernandesB said:

January 6th, 11:31 am

Harley queen looking sluttier than never haha

Budapesti said:

January 6th, 11:36 am

@PanTheMan16 – “.Why not regular updates on PS4 games, like Warframe? Just, please, stop wasting this space.”

Oh noes, Media Molecule is going to USE UP ALL THE INTERNET!

pitolyo said:

January 6th, 12:34 pm

yes! batman and joker will be mine!!!maybe harley too. i didnt see poison ivy coming at all. :)

batman beyond costume anyone?

Superstone said:

January 6th, 12:43 pm

This is great. Glad I bought the season’s pass

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 5:10 pm

Hope you’re enjoying all your new costumes!
    Have you played many superhero levels with them?

SWAGG_PLAD42 said:

January 6th, 1:15 pm

LITTLE BIG PLANET IS THE **** LOL

SDkngsht said:

January 6th, 1:56 pm

LBP by far has the best costume DLC of any game ever. it’s just so adorable. will there be level packs as well to make DC comic themed levels like Gotham or Metropolis?

also any chance we’ll get LBP on PS4 any time in the future and still be able to download these costumes? maybe a game of the year or ultimate version with all Street Fighter and DC and Marvel costumes? I’d pay $60 for that.

L2K7 said:

January 6th, 3:10 pm

Oh, wow. I definitely want that Harley Quinn costume! Will it be available for both PS3 and PS Vita this week?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

January 6th, 5:13 pm

If you purchase the costume, you will be able to use it in LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting! (And LittleBigPlanet HUB when it’s released, in case you’re wondering.)

VivaDRC said:

January 6th, 3:48 pm

i bought the season pass for the dc pack and i can download the costume pack but I don’t see the level pack. is it out yet

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

January 6th, 4:41 pm

store(dot)sonyentertainmentnetwork(dot)com/#!/en-us/games/addons/littlebigplanet-2-dc-comics-premium-level-kit/

Released Dec 17, 2013

It should show up on the store if accessed from the PS3 as well.

Cheers.

allnewfie said:

January 6th, 5:18 pm

just wondering if there will be a DC level kit for vita? would love to have some new materials and stickers.

jusmoore2-1673 said:

January 6th, 5:28 pm

hey can you make it a Ryo Hazukia costume for LBP 2, LBP Vita, LBP Karting and OutRun, Hang-On, and Space Harrier and other Sega, Midway, and Raw Thrills sit-down arcade cabinets vehicle, Alex Kidd, and sonic vehicle for LBP Karting. Alex costume, the guy in the gamer blue suit on with his PS4 controller and PS Vita from GT costume, mega man and mega man x costume, Pac-man from Pac-man and the ghostly adventures costume, bubble guppies costume, Nickelodeon TMNT 2012 Cartoon series costume, crash bandicoot & Spyro the Dragon classic playstation Style costume, Jett rocket from 2010 Video Games Jett rocket costume, mickey and his friends from the Mickey mouse clubhouse costume, tekken costume, knack costume, subway surfer costume, reboot spider-man from The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 film) costume, Nascar racer costume for LBP2, LBP Vita, and LBP Karting, and Nascar vehicle for LBP Karting. it the best thing for me as the Free DLC for us this year.

jusmoore2-1673 said:

January 6th, 5:37 pm

oh and by the way since the 2013 is over and the 2014 is now here do you think you have any more new about the LittleBigPlanet Hub this new year.

Ry-Dog said:

January 6th, 5:49 pm

Hey Steven, are the DC characters Deathstroke and Catwoman gonna be sackboy costumes in the next DC comics costume packs.

Gamerzlimited said:

January 6th, 11:10 pm

Thanks for the updates, Steven. Very happy that this series is still getting the support it needs. Please do some more sales on costume DLC. :)

Also, I just realized I missed the New Year Fireworks Costume last year. Thanks for mentioning that too! That and the St. Patrick’s Day costume is all I have left.

XxEvilToroXx said:

January 7th, 4:58 am

How LBP Ps3

mike02x2 said:

January 7th, 6:13 am

Make free on PS Plus it would be nice, I have most of DLCs for LBP xD I would love to have this one and also add Level editors so you could make your own batcave and Batmobile as well BatJet(?) xD

MikeMoach said:

January 7th, 7:18 am

I have a question, will one of these hidden characters be the exclusive vita costume? Or will that be in addition to what we see already?

Welmosca said:

January 7th, 8:00 am

Thats fantastic,for real I wasn’t expecting a DC pack and when I saw it I had a blast….I knew Joker and Batman were coming,damn they look good….thank you Mm.

Steven I must know something:How much can I save if I buy the season pass instead of buying all the DC stuff alone?

PS:Would be too much to ask for Star Wars costumes?….I mean how awesome would be that?…shame its owned by disney now so I don’t know if its possible.

Welmosca said:

January 7th, 8:05 am

Forgot to say the characters I’m sure that are coming by the pic.

Right behind Lex its Catwoman
Above them Sinestro and Green Lantern
Below Batman its Wonder Woman and behind her its Flash
And maybe Captain Marvel up there?

I have no idea who could be the others 5.

Hooligantuan said:

January 7th, 11:30 am

I’m not wearing hockey pads…?

cowmamba said:

January 7th, 12:34 pm

Woohoo! Loving the look of these!

Trinity_747 said:

January 7th, 1:29 pm

Just wondering how to get the free new years fireworks costume. Playstation store for LBP Karting add-ons says:

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You have not purchased

LittleBigPlanet™ 2 New Year Fireworks Costume

I even can’t find this in the add-ons of LBP 2…

TWODEEEE said:

January 7th, 8:53 pm

haven’t played lbp since i traded in my ps3 for my ps4, i hope you guys port that little big planet hub and figure out a way to port all our content we’ve bought

desertman2 said:

January 8th, 8:12 am

The fireworks DLC still isn’t available.

Dextertale said:

January 8th, 9:35 am

Is flash gona be on the lbp store

theGstar305 said:

January 8th, 2:27 pm

Yes! I already got the Vita Season Pass and got the 10 free costumes and looking forward to the others. But I REALLY wanna know when the Level Pack is coming out for Vita. I am quite excited for it. I love DC so much. I like it more than Marvel (the Marvel DLC wasn’t that good in my opinion) and the LBP2 DC Level Pack looks awesome. Can’t wait.

Gamerzlimited said:

January 8th, 10:00 pm

Update: The Karting version of the Fireworks costume says “Not available for purchase” at the web store. Please tell me this is a mistake. I’m not going to miss it again for another year. This would be a true slap in face for customers who are looking forward to the free DLC of the year. Fix this now!

Gamerzlimited said:

January 8th, 10:25 pm

Forget what I said on my last post. If anyone is not aware, the free DLC costume is delayed and pushed on the following week said by Steven himself at the LBP forums:

SCEA (America/Canada)
January 21st – January 27th

Thank god. I was worried I would miss it again.

Phoenix7469 said:

January 10th, 6:53 pm

The DC characters look amazing! I’d like to get back on LBP2 but unfortunately its stuck on a non-playable PS3. Gotta get into that HDD asap.

theGstar305 said:

January 12th, 9:05 am

Alright, I think I know all the costumes. The one above Cyborg I think is probably Raven. And the one behind Ivy is probably Black Atom. Really hard to tell, but I think these are the most likely because Raven could be the special Vita costume and Black Atom is the opposite of Captain Marvel (Or Shazam, if you prefer) and Captain Marvel is on there for sure. Anyways that is what I think. I hope I’m right.

MikeMoach said:

January 13th, 6:44 am

Steven, I don’t know who else I could ask and have no other means of reaching out to you that I know of, I’m here on the playstation app so I don’t know how else to contact you

I’m having an issue with LBP DLC, not with this DC comic pack but some of my other DLC, if you can tell me where and how to contact you more privately I would greatly appreciate it

I already tried the customer service number and they couldn’t help me

Thanks for any info

Midnitee said:

January 13th, 9:32 pm

I a big comic collector especially in DC classic characters. Per DC Comic Photo on the Characters shaded .Hero Side: Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, female girl next to Shazam its a wild card there’s plenty to choose from Mera, Zatanna, Vixen and more. Villian Side: Killer Frost, CatWoman, Darkseid, Sinestro, the one guy left may be Riddler or Black Adam. Can’t wait ti find out officially when the packs becomes available.

Midnitee said:

January 13th, 9:34 pm

:( missed the fireworks costume. I didn’t see it available at my end last week guess my system updated all late I missed it.