Spider-Man PS4

Jan 09

Jan 09

December 2013 PlayStation Store Top Sellers

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

The final Top Sellers post of 2013!

Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 ruled PS4, both with and without counting the digital upgrade program. Minecraft blasted immediately to the top of the PS3 charts, the premiere of The Walking Dead’s second season had an especially strong debut, and Terraria and Tearaway continue to stimulate the minds of PS Vita creators.

Heading into 2014, we’ve got lots to look forward to — which game do you think is going to to spend the most time at the top of the charts this year?

Want to see how these games stacked up on the other side of the world? Head over to the EU PlayStation.Blog to see their monthly update.

PlayStation Store Top Sellers

Classics

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  2. Metal Gear Solid (PS3/PSP)
  3. FINAL FANTASY VII (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
  4. Crash Bandicoot (PS3/PSP)
  5. FINAL FANTASY IX (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)

PlayStation Mobile

1. Sola Radio
  2. Beats Trellis
  3. Cytus Lambda Full Version
  4. Scientific Electronic Calculator
  5. Quiet Christmas

Add Your Own

BramStark said:

January 9th, 9:05 am

Why don’t you give the PSone game Metal Gear Solid to us Vita fans? I really want to see that game on my white Vita :(

Teh_AKOD said:

January 9th, 9:06 am

Wow, P3P is still selling strong on the PSP. Any chance we’ll see any more games for the PSP on the IGC? I would love to see this or games like Crush, Dissidia 012 and Valkyria Chronicles on it so I could play or replay them on my Vita.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 9th, 9:12 am

Why are people still buying cod man, crazy. People buy the same crap year after year.

NX_Nytrux said:

January 9th, 9:19 am

No more PSOne/PS2 classics on PSN? This is PSNow fault?

jutke13 said:

January 9th, 9:21 am

Sony, please remove the 100 app limit on Vita. I would probably impulse buy more Vita games if I didn’t have to figure out what to delete first. This is an arbitrary limitation, I have a 64GB card, let me use it please.

KazeEternal said:

January 9th, 9:27 am

@1 How about you stop being cheap and buy it.

billyok said:

January 9th, 9:37 am

Warms my heart seeing Tearaway near the top of the Vita list.

BearAntlers said:

January 9th, 9:45 am

Super Motherload definitely deserves a higher place on the charts. It’s an awesome game and my first purchase on PSN.

Boyanime010 said:

January 9th, 9:51 am

@Justin, Who you got this weekend Niners or Panthers?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 9th, 2:29 pm

I don’t sport, but I do live in the Bay Area, so…

ninth_prey said:

January 9th, 9:52 am

Love seeing Tomb Raider in the top 10!!! As an old school fan I loved the remake. So much so, I’m getting the ps4 version when it comes out! Sad not to see Dragons Crown for the vita on there. Just got it and ljke it way more than I thought I would. Only got it as I desperately needed a new game and DC was it. Wish I got it sooner.

Boyanime010 said:

January 9th, 9:52 am

Loved ACIV: Black Flag

TeamGreen615 said:

January 9th, 10:03 am

@10 Yes Dragon’s Crown is fantastic! Probably my second favorite game in 2013. So much replay value too!

MatheusRuggeri said:

January 9th, 10:04 am

Waiting for play Crash Bandicoot in my PS Vita.

Teflon02 said:

January 9th, 10:08 am

Lol, Crash is still top 5 but the NA PS Vita can’t even enjoy it smh

BadgeNC said:

January 9th, 10:27 am

Wow, Minecraft #1 on PS3 after only being available for 2 weeks?

RE_Player said:

January 9th, 10:39 am

No surprise Minecraft topped the PS3 charts. I’m waiting for the PS4 version though.

Mando44646 said:

January 9th, 10:59 am

I didnt buy Minecraft because you guys wont tell us if it will be cross-buy or not and I want it on PS4 and/or Vita. Not my last gen console

Gadirok said:

January 9th, 11:01 am

@6 KazeEternal, I think he meant Metal Gear Solid is not listed on the Vita store.

Even for me, I had to download it from my PS3 and transfer it to my Vita to get it on my machine rather than directly downloading it from the Vita.

No need for derogatory comments.

Unfortunately, alot of PSone games on the Vita are still not yet available on the Vita storefront. Where is Crash Bandicoot and Spyro? Missed opportunity since I would have paid for some of those but don’t want to play them on my PSP or PS3.

I_Galvanix_I said:

January 9th, 12:32 pm

I want to try out Flower. It seems like a unique game.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 9th, 2:30 pm

It’s fantastic. If watching footage of it has you interested, you’ll definitely like it.

VehicleDestroyr said:

January 9th, 12:34 pm

Two of the top selling PS1 classics don’t support PSVita. Why do you continue to not provide PS1 games on Vita? Especially for landmark PS1 games like MGS, Spyro, and Crash. You have a PS1 emulation tool on the Vita, so start adding more games for it. More PSP games on Vita too, I want to be able to rebuy some of my PSP games on digital (like Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and WipEout Pure) but they aren’t worth it until you can play them on Vita. Also 64 GB stick in America without importing it from Japan needs to happen, like now. Come on Sony, the PS3 and the PS4 are so awesome, you can make the Vita that way too.

The_Codefinder said:

January 9th, 1:35 pm

I’d also like to see the 100 titles per-memory card limit removed or increased to something higher on the Vita. I have a 32GB card with 98 titles (about 15 from the system’s built-in apps and others from PSP, minis, and Mobile). If I ever did get a 64GB card, I can see how I’d never be able to actually use the full capacity of the card simply due to the 100-app limit.

D4v33d05 said:

January 9th, 1:50 pm

I’m glad to see Diablo 3 on there. Been really enjoying it on PS3.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 9th, 2:31 pm

It’s soooo gooood. I can’t wait for the PS4 version.

dash383535 said:

January 9th, 7:20 pm

Great to see the walking dead season two at #2 i loved the first episode

AddicTedTouCh said:

January 9th, 8:33 pm

Mehhh I miss a good fighting game for PS4, or RPG, im kinda frustrated that COD is on top off the sells cause all they will do is develop more games like it… T.T

TechGenius20 said:

January 9th, 8:41 pm

I am going to leave my suggestions for anybody who can at least send the message up the proper chain of command or PR guy to consider

PSone/PSP Classics I’d like on Vita:
Burnout: Legends
Crash Bandicoot

Game franchises I’d like on Vita natively:
Any PS3 first-party franchise
Bioshock
GTA
Non-remake MGS
Battlefield
NFS

Lastly: Keep the indie games coming!

flukyfinn_010 said:

January 9th, 10:40 pm

always great to see one of the flower trilogy [flower/flow/journey] mentioned in the top 10. :) though myself I would have preferred journey instead of flower. ;p

cbm22 said:

January 9th, 11:12 pm

Im loving my ps4 but i feel like the plus games are lacking, any word on the binding of isaac rebirth? Ive wanted tboi for years and to hear that the improved remake will be free on plus has me at awe

PHEEliNUX said:

January 9th, 11:13 pm

P3P is still selling strongly on PSP, Good
On the other hand, P4G isn’t in the top 10 list and instead it is in the Top 10 for the EU Blog for the first time lol

End-who said:

January 10th, 6:22 am

U know what its sick that a company like sony has downgraded their charm Playstation 3 To Playstation 4 and selling the product with false views to customers … Just bought a PS4 yesterday its really really pathetic u dont have a media player or usb player in PS4 where as PS3 had it all .. I was expecting PS 4 to play MKV files like mobiles do these days…. I dnt think its good to fool customers this way … Really upset coz had a lot of expectation on this console to be better than previous PS3 but in short i have been downgraded paying extra 400 gbp….. NEVER BUY PS4 …

quirowekjefhgekr said:

January 10th, 7:38 am

@29
sony said that they would have the features, but not at launch. though, i do agree with you that it should be at launch. i do think the consumer can be ignorant at times. “hey, a new console, lets expect it to have all the features we’d expect it to have/want it to have.”

J_MONEY390 said:

January 10th, 8:23 am

they need to get gta san andreas for ps vita

Welmosca said:

January 10th, 10:10 am

BF4 and Ghosts in the top…aaah how people are narrow-minded.Well glad Vita titles are mostly good and deserve to be there.

I_Be_Trollin_69 said:

January 10th, 1:15 pm

Its funny seeing 101-in-1 Megamix being the most sold game for December when if it wasn’t for the kernel exploit and being able to pirate games with it the game wouldn’t make the top 50 psp games sold for the whole year.

Dang_Man said:

January 10th, 5:18 pm

PEOPLE SURE DO HAVE A BAD TASTE IN GAMING

Phoenix7469 said:

January 10th, 5:55 pm

I am all over number 12!

RoyalStallion said:

January 10th, 5:57 pm

Anyone who didn’t see Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition skyrocketing to the top is blind. I’m looking forward to potentially buying Minecraft 2 more times. Can anyone tell me how much longer we have to wait for Crash and Spyro on PS Vita?

mudvain48 said:

January 10th, 6:48 pm

has any body heard anything on Red dead redemption sequel for the PS4?

Void_Incarnate said:

January 10th, 9:24 pm

Cytus Lambda is my favorite game.

Glad to see it getting some love on PSMobile.

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

January 11th, 12:42 am

how come you guys don’t show the numbers of unit sold?

Amir_G_M_US said:

January 11th, 4:41 am

I have no idea why EU store has Crash while the US doesn’t.. even if it were the other way it would be stupid

it’s Crash! it’s Sony! it has to be a cross-region :)
I want Crash for my Vita

ALEX87PS said:

January 11th, 1:45 pm

@BramStark (the first comment) if you have a PS3 you can buy Metal Gear Solid (PSone) on the PS3 and transfer it to your PS Vita, that’s what I did, and I can confirm it works! ;)

On-Topic: I would have bought Minecraft if it were cross-buy :( please add cross-buy!! I ‘d like to play it on my PS3, Ps Vita, and my future PS4 ;)

Void_Incarnate said:

January 11th, 1:55 pm

@ JeRzYzFyNeSt
> how come you guys don’t show the numbers of unit sold?

I’m guessing that this is because playstation blog is for gamers, to see which games are popular (and for them to discover titles that they may not otherwise have heard of or considered).

It’s not for investors. And (just wildly speculating here), not all publishers might want their monthly sales figures reported for various legal, business and financial reasons.

SkeeterHowl1171 said:

January 11th, 4:00 pm

i really want persona 4 its good i heard

manipulator_13 said:

January 12th, 5:23 am

minecraft ps3 edition is great, but please tell us when ps vita edition comes out!!!!

gowofwarkratos1 said:

January 12th, 5:52 am

I got Battlefield 4 with upgrade, God of War: Ascension, Guacamelee, Spelunky, Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Girl Fight, Remember me and others that I do not record now. I am broke ,but happy with these amazing deals haha!

BelthazarUSA said:

January 12th, 3:17 pm

Good to see that Ni No Kuni is still doing good!

hahpurr said:

January 20th, 7:49 am

Top 20, because there is only about 20 games available on the PS4. But they are still boo koo games coming out for the ps3. Any new game for the ps3 should also come out on the ps4. Sad face.