Knack 2

Jan 16

Jan 16

KAZ: Pushing the Virtual Divide Premieres On Hulu 1/22

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

UPDATE: Catch the first 10 minutes of KAZ: Pushing the Virtual Divide on Twitch.tv/PlayStation this Wednesday, January 22nd at 5:00pm 6:00pm Pacific Time. The Gran Turismo team will be on hand during this exclusive sneak peek to give out $1 Million In-Game Credit packs for Gran Turismo 6. See you soon!

The official Gran Turismo documentary, KAZ: Pushing The Virtual Divide, makes its debut through Hulu on Wednesday, January 22nd.

KAZ: Pushing the Virtual Divide

Developed over a period of a year and filmed in twelve international locations, KAZ transports the viewer through a cinematic journey of dedication and creativity through the lens of Kazunori Yamauchi, the architect behind Gran Turismo’s birth and 15 year evolution. The film reveals historical footage and never been told stories shared by some of the most influential people in the automotive and gaming industries.

For those deep into the automotive culture scene, KAZ is directed by Tamir Moscovici and captured by cinematographer Anthony Arendt (Avatar, Larry Crowne) – the same team that created URBAN OUTLAW, the rebel Porsche customizer who turned a hobby into an obsession, and an obsession into a successful business.

Tune into Twitch on January 22nd for a round table discussion with Kazunori Yamauchi, Tamir Moscovici, Jordan Greer of GT Planet, and 2013 GT Academy winner Nick McMillen – plus giveaways including $1MM in-game credits for Gran Turismo 6.

We’ll have more information on the film through PS.Blog and Gran-Turismo.com. For now, watch the launch trailer for KAZ: Pushing The Virtual Divide at the top of this post.

Add Your Own

boomstickbhg said:

January 16th, 11:15 am

This looks cool, but why Hulu?

It makes more sense to put it up as a video on the PS3, PS4, Vita so people could download and watch it (like a trailer, or the documentary/behind the scenes videos from Beyond Two Souls or the God of War games (that did it) ).

I never stream media but I’d love to be able to watch this somehow.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

January 16th, 4:17 pm

There’s more info to come on a wider release. For 1/22, anyone can watch the film through Hulu, regardless if you’re a Plus member or not

DeviantBoi said:

January 16th, 11:16 am

I thought this was going to be a biopic of Kaz Hirai.

I leave disappointed.

jluvsc said:

January 16th, 11:18 am

does Kaz mention when the ps4 will be updated to be able to play audio cds, mp3s, usb storage, sony brand headsets and bluetooth remotes

xChrisGTRx said:

January 16th, 11:30 am

Awesome glad i renewed my Hulu wonder what they will be giving away

tusunami said:

January 16th, 11:32 am

I hope I will be able to watch this, this seems interesting.

mystikalguy said:

January 16th, 11:55 am

@ 2, yeah i thought that same thing too. But this looks cool though.

supvic said:

January 16th, 2:45 pm

needs more Kazification

bcturns said:

January 16th, 4:11 pm

@3, I think you may have the wrong Kaz.

CANT____STOP said:

January 16th, 4:33 pm

What is the name of the song?

Mr_GT_Chris_US said:

January 16th, 4:59 pm

Sounds cool, now give me Hulu on my Vita so I can watch it. Thanks!

Raat said:

January 16th, 5:07 pm

@ #3…..1 – GT6 is on PS3 not 4. 2 – why do you feel that you can ask questions that have zero to do with this thread at any time? How about go to a PS4 page and ask.

ElektroDragon said:

January 16th, 5:30 pm

First thing I thought of was Kaz the Minotaur, who I’m afraid is far more interesting.

Un0-0n3unique said:

January 16th, 6:16 pm

Will this be available in theatre? i want to see it in theatre too why not?

Oh also why not add this in Netflix too i mean seriously HULU is not available in Canada =.=

I hope HULU be available in Canada soon finger crossed

EmperorKorea said:

January 16th, 8:52 pm

RIIIIIIIIIIDGEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAACEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

Mattsta001 said:

January 16th, 10:49 pm

I wish Kaz would hire a community manager because the latest GT games are a lot of hit and miss with some baffling and outdated design decisions and don’t often reflect what fans want. GT6 only sold 180k according to this months NPD so it seems either GT5 turned people off or GT is losing its relevance. A lot of the feedback I see on forums makes sense and would improve the series dramatically. Going into PS4, the series needs a refresh based on that.

Elvick_ said:

January 17th, 12:19 am

Cutting off GT5 online really makes me unhappy. I was planning to buy GT5 and GT6, but with that d~ move I won’t bother with either. May as well wait for DriveClub and then see how GT7 turns out for PS4.

SuperJag86 said:

January 17th, 2:55 am

What’s the song playing in the background?

Looking great, would love to watch it in the UK!

MrSignal said:

January 17th, 10:04 am

Little bit disappointed that it’s Hulu first seeing their “policy” on Canadians using their services*.

*From what I gather it’s usually some manner of punchline mixed with a joke.**

**Usually they just laugh whenever someone mentions us.***

***They think it makes them “Evil” but they’re just asses.

MastrGT said:

January 17th, 12:25 pm

Is this release wide open for *anyone*, even us Canadians, or do we have to wait for another source?

iREVOLTER said:

January 18th, 12:23 am

Nice :)

EagerSnake said:

January 18th, 7:25 am

Hello there Ken, how are you doing?
I’m really looking forward to this one, no doubt about it. Mr Yamauchi is one of my idols, and it’s always amazing to know new things about him, about his thoughts, philosophy and more…
I have some sort of… “faith” in his decisions, despite the flows, I don’t know why but I have that feeling.
That being said, it would be awesome if we can have a closer relation with PD in order to improve the game, meaning damage, a few touches in sound and so on.

As other users commented, I really hope the documentary makes its way to Netflix or Blu-Ray for example. That’d be an outstanding release.
Anyway, waiting for the 22.

A proud Sony user.

BrianC6234 said:

January 21st, 10:53 am

You have a problem with this update. Is this happening tonight or tomorrow? You say Tuesday which is today and January 22nd which is tomorrow. Today is Tuesday January 21st.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

January 21st, 11:52 am

Thanks for catching that – The event is happening on January 22nd, Wednesday

KingDubin said:

January 21st, 7:32 pm

@ #15 Mattsta001:

Quote: “……GT6 only sold 180k according to this months NPD……”

That’s B/C GT6 was as heavily promoted here in the States as GT5: Prologue was (i.e. not at all; Not even one TV commercial whatsoever was ever shown in the lead-up to the release of the game) and the latter ended up being one of the Top 5 biggest-selling PS3 games of all time. AND IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A GLORIFIED DEMO. Don’t worry. It will come around. You do know that they are packaged with new PS3 from launch, right?

Gawin-Grimm said:

January 22nd, 5:31 pm

Cant wait to see whats next!!!

BrianC6234 said:

January 22nd, 8:33 pm

I doubt GT6 sold only 180,000 copies. NPD most likely only reports copies sold in stores. I think most people who bought GT6 bought it on PSN. I know I did. You can’t just look at NPD for sales data now.

abhijtv said:

January 23rd, 7:42 pm

Great documentary good to see so many dedicated people behind this game and also impressed to see that this game actually lead to real life racing drivers.