Paragon

Jan 19

Jan 19

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Guys guys guys guys, OlliOlli is out on Tuesday. It’s so close!

Ahem. Here are a few of this week’s highlights.

We’ve got a pretty killer 14 for ’14 sale going on right now, but you’d better get on it quick-like if you’re interested. Puppeteer is $7 for PlayStation Plus members! $3.75 for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon! I daresay these deals may, in fact, be too good.

HBO GO is coming to PS3 soon, and PS4 after that. So, I guess it’s time to catch up on that there Game of Thrones so people stop yelling at me because I’ve never seen it. I hear it’s a pretty cheery, uplifting show so that’s good. The Last of Us’ single-player DLC draws ever-nearer, and we’ve got an insightful Q&A with Ashley Johnson — the voice of Ellie — to tide you over. Killzone Shadow Fall’s first pair of new (and free) multiplayer maps got an official unveil, along with a couple insider tips to help you not get dead. Toukiden, the popular Japanese demon-slaying action RPG, is getting a western release on February 11th. I can’t say I know a ton about this one, but our recent blog post has got my interest fully piqued.

What are you playing this weekend? I’m full-on addicted to Assassin’s Creed IV — sailing the open seas and wrecking any ship that has the gall to sail within my cannons’ reach is just too good.

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

PanTheMan16 said:

January 19th, 8:05 am

What We’re Reading! :)

Manually said:

January 19th, 8:57 am

I’m thinking about picking up Blood Dragon since that is a crazy deal. Assassins Creed 4 was amazing I’m mad at myself for beating it so quickly since I haven’t gone back to it since then.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 19th, 1:23 pm

Yeah Blood Dragon is an absolute steal. Great game too.

Sonicfan11589 said:

January 19th, 8:58 am

My father and I got for my older brother who returns home next month a PS Vita, and thanks to some of the sales on games in the past, i re-purchased some of my games digitally, and i can give my brother my retail copies. Can’t wait to give him all the stuff i have for him including the PS Vita, 32 GB memory card (I have a 64 GB from Play Asia), 6 games from re-purchasing through sales or PS Plus., and a carrying case.

Sonicfan11589 said:

January 19th, 9:00 am

I’m currently flip flopping between games on my Vita, PS3, and Wii U. I’m watching DVD’s of my shows, such as The Simpsons (I own all seasons available which are 1-16 and 20). I’m listening to video game soundtracks on my iPod and some bands like Coldplay.

bertraar2 said:

January 19th, 12:31 pm

#Spyro #Crash #Vita

oOoSLOWPOKEoOo said:

January 19th, 3:33 pm

When will these deals end? Because I am afraid that I wont have the money in time to purchase the 3 games I want out of them. I wont have the money to purchase anything till February 05

deadendblues said:

January 19th, 7:47 pm

Playing Thomas was alone,
Watching nfl playoffs
Listening to the dingees
Reading top gear

geekwad71 said:

January 19th, 8:25 pm

Picked up both Blood Dragon and Puppeteer! Looking forward to digging in!

St0wndWolf2083 said:

January 19th, 10:02 pm

any 1 know if mercenary is getting free maps?

St0wndWolf2083 said:

January 19th, 10:07 pm

hb0 g0 made my day 4 ps3

italodancemp3 said:

January 20th, 4:26 am

Void_Incarnate said:

January 20th, 1:55 pm

I’m playing: Thomas Was Alone (Thank you SCEA for the 14 for 14 sale!)
I’m watching: Archer, Adventure Time, Helix
I’m listening to: nothing at the moment
I’m reading: Bones of the Earth – Dinosaurs + Time Travel = rawr rawr ;)

I’m so glad I finally caved and grabbed Thomas Was Alone during the sale. Friends had been pestering me for months to play the game, but I’d kept putting it off because I couldn’t see the appeal of “just a bunch of rectangles”. Boy, was I ever wrong. The game so deftly imbues its simple shapes with personality that I was engrossed in the narrative from the word ‘go’. Two thumbs up.

kison34 said: