Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 21

Jan 21

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PS4 Pre-Order

InFamous: Second Son ($59.99)
inFAMOUS Second Son
Pre Order inFAMOUS Second Son before 03/21/14 to get upgraded to the inFAMOUS Second Son Limited Edition! Providing more for the same price as the regular retail copy of inFAMOUS Second Son, the Limited Edition packs additional in-game missions that reveal more about the events leading up to Delsin’s story. Completing these added missions will unlock an exclusive in-game jacket designed in honor of Cole MacGrath!

PS3 Games

GRID 2 Reloaded ($49.99)
GRID 2
Be fast, be first and be famous in GRID 2 Reloaded, featuring the full GRID 2 game expanded with over $50 worth of additional content including two new circuits – legendary Spa and fearsome Bathurst – and 25 extra cars, playable in split-screen, online and career mode. Experience aggressive wheel-to-wheel competition, advanced AI, stunning visuals and jaw-dropping damage in a new word of evolving motorsport.

PS Vita Games

OlliOlli ($12.99)
OlliOlli
OlliOlli mixes addictive one-life gameplay with over 120 tricks and grinds across 50 deviously crafted levels, 250 Challenges, Spots Mode and Daily Grind. Not enough for you? Complete all challenges to unlock the super skilful RAD Mode!

PSOne

Lucifer Ring ($5.99)
Lucifer Ring
Grab your long sword and get ready to conquer mythical monsters of epic proportions! Similar to the classic Golden Axe, Lucifer Ring is an import 3D side-scrolling fighting game that pits daring hero Cue Nash against an evil skeleton antagonist with multiple forms of evil at his disposal. Presented with flashy anime story sequences, this rare bash-em-up is headlined with numerous elemental spells, potions and a rich combo system that will please any brave gamer.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update 1/21/14

Learn more and purchase online, or activate instantly on PlayStation Store. To learn more about this week’s Plus offerings, check out this week’s PS Plus post.

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3)

Worms: Battle Island (PS Vita)

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Sound Shapes PS3 (Cross-buy) $7.34 $14.99
Sound Shapes PS Vita (Cross-buy) $7.34 $14.99
Everyday Shooter (PS3) $2.50 $9.99
Everyday Shooter (PS Vita) $2.00 $7.99
Retro/Grade $2.99 $9.99

Demos

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Toukiden: The Age Of Demons (PS Vita)

Price Changes

God Mode (PS3) $4.99 $9.99
Zeno Clash 2 (PS3) $7.49 $14.99
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS3) $4.99 $9.99
Rock of Ages $4.99 $9.99

PS4 Add-ons

Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Red Star OWL Skin ($1.99)
  • Victory 101 Spotlight Move Pack ($1.99)
  • Operation Archangel VO Pack ($3.99)

PS3 Add-ons

DUST 514
  • Starter Pack ($2.99)
LittleBigPlanet 2
  • Aquaman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Catwoman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • DC Comics Costume Pack 3 ($5.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Green Lantern Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • KillerFrost Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Sinestro Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
  • Aquaman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Catwoman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • DC Comics Costume Pack 3 ($5.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Green Lantern Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • KillerFrost Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Sinestro Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
Rocksmith 2014
  • Weezer – Buddy Holly ($2.99)
  • Weezer – Hash Pipe ($2.99)
  • Weezer – Island In The Sun ($2.99)
  • Weezer – My Name Is Jonas ($2.99)
  • Weezer – Undone (The Sweater Song) ($2.99)
  • Weezer Song Pack ($11.99)

PS Vita Add-ons

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
  • Aquaman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Catwoman Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • DC Comics Costume Pack 3 ($5.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Green Lantern Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • KillerFrost Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)
  • Sinestro Costume ($1.99, Cross-Buy, Free for DC Season Pass)

PS3 Avatars

• Killzone: Mercenary Helghast 2 Avatar ($0.49)

PS3 Themes

• All You Need Is Fire Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Anne Stokes: Summon The Reaper Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Dark Warrior Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Galaxy Theme ($2.99)
  • Dynamic Gangster Theme Mando ($2.99)
  • Introversion Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Alabama Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Arkansas Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Auburn Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Clemson Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Florida State Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Florida Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Georgia Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Illinois Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Kansas Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Kentucky Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Louisville Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 LSU Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Miami Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • NCAA 2013 Michigan Varsity Dynamic ($2.99)
  • No Guts No Glory Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Wild Felina Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

Add Your Own

renejr818 said:

January 21st, 3:41 pm

@50 That’s what you can expect now that PS+ is mandatory.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

January 21st, 4:00 pm

saving my money for Dragon Ball Z please stop holding back I would like to pre order

StonimusPrime said:

January 21st, 4:03 pm

What a bum week. Has The Pinball Arcade on ps3 gone way of the 360 or something?

Supposed to get table pack 19 last week, but a bug was found. Table pack 20 should have come out today. Whats the delay now? What was the issue, if was one, with 20?

CandyCaptain said:

January 21st, 4:08 pm

I’ve been waiting for Infamous to go up for pre-order on the SEN store. Bout time!!! :D I just finished pre-ordering it.

Quezacoult said:

January 21st, 4:11 pm

Will we be able to transfer our Toukiden Demo save file to the full game?
Just trying to prepare myself mentaly

AdmiralMark said:

January 21st, 4:13 pm

Where is Bioshock Infinite??

DVD_Sandwich said:

January 21st, 4:14 pm

With the inFamous pre-order, can the game be pre-loaded so it can be started at midnight, or does it have to wait until (possibly after) midnight to even start the download?

JMBlakk said:

January 21st, 4:15 pm

@56 that was last week and if @20 is reading then you can get the pre-order through the Sony Entertainment Network Website without having a PS4

AdmiralMark said:

January 21st, 4:21 pm

I’m in Europe. And Bioshock Infinite wasn’t released here on PS Plus. Am I missing something?

AdmiralMark said:

January 21st, 4:27 pm

Apparently it’s coming in February for European subscribers. Along with Metro Last Light

Mando44646 said:

January 21st, 4:33 pm

STILL no War Thunder or Planetside? My PS4 has been gathering dust since AC4 is the only game I have interest in and I beat it a while ago :(

tgpumpkin said:

January 21st, 4:34 pm

Sony,

Great job with plus and PSN. I continue to be a huge supporter.

Quick question: Atlus USA is reporting on their facebook feed TODAY that Persona 2: Eternal Punishment should be $4.99 but it’s coming up $9.99. They also say Persona 3 FES should be that way as well.

Soooooo….who’s right here? :)

mikeyg1982 said:

January 21st, 4:34 pm

I thought brothers was for ps4 so i was pretty excited for something new today but disappointed to find its ps3 only. The lack of games, promised features and customization options is leaving me feeling a bit let down with ps4. Hands down still a better system than ps3 but its definitely missing something.

slazer said:

January 21st, 4:40 pm

Please for the love of god.

Add some NFL avatars already.

mcbuttz78 said:

January 21st, 4:42 pm

@19. yes.. when you pre order you buy it, so it your forever. no worries

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionairre group

thebiglouie said:

January 21st, 4:43 pm

Media Molecole said we were suppose to get the free New Year Fireworks Costume for LittleBigPlanet games today, they are not up in the store. I’ll post a link to the source in the next post…

thebiglouie said:

January 21st, 4:44 pm

Source: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/LittleBigPlanet/New-Year-Fireworks-Costume-Delay/td-p/20555859

Relevant info:
So if you’re looking to pick up this free costume, you will be able to download the costume during the following weeks in each region.

SCEA (America/Canada)
January 21st – January 27th

DeliciousBLT said:

January 21st, 4:46 pm

Is Every Day Shooter cross buy?

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 21st, 4:54 pm

AV-X14 on January 21st, 2014 at 2:45 pm said: “what’s with the lack of games that actually put the Vita’s hardware to the test?”

Does every single game need to push the hardware it’s running on to its limit, or do they just need to be fun? What’s more important? I’ll let you figure that one out…

tgpumpkin said:

January 21st, 5:03 pm

Well, it appears SONY was right and Atlus was wrong. Atlus is reporting that Persona FES and Eternal Punishment on sale NEXT week and had the wrong date.

oh well.

AV-X14 said:

January 21st, 5:20 pm

@68

I would totally agree with you if the Game Boy to proper Vita games ratio wasn’t so ridiculously high.

And look at the prices too!

PS Mobile seems to be a more appropriate platform for the Game Boy stuff.

And besides, I’ve got 15 Gb free and I’m not allowed to put anything else on the system anyway.

David2Crazy said:

January 21st, 5:23 pm

Olli Olli is ****ing amazing. If you have a Vita you need this.

ReZZeRx said:

January 21st, 5:24 pm

Thank you for Brothers! I’m taking a break from the experience to show my gratitude! I cant put the controller down once I start!

LightningZombie said:

January 21st, 5:27 pm

I am still waiting for many games to be released on the PSN so I can download them to my PSP.

1 Final Fantasy 1 20th Anniversary Edition PSP Remake
2 Final Fantasy 2 20th Anniversary Edition PSP Remake
3 Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
4 Croc 2
5 Medievil 2
6 The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

I have been unable to purchase any new classic games because I have been waiting for these to be released for years. I would gladly purchase all of these titles if they were available. I believe several of these titles are available for the Japanese PSN but not here. I called your support line and they told me to post here so here I am.

Curtis032 said:

January 21st, 5:40 pm

Was the sale on killzone mercenary only 1 week. Just found out about it today and when I got home it was back up to $35. I hope it is just a mistake.

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 21st, 6:03 pm

@ AV-X14

How does the ratio matter? Use any silly excuse you want, you’re still implying graphics are more important than funfactor, and you’re wrong. I don’t know if you know this, but people generally play video games for a fun time, not to stare at pretty pictures. Go sift through your mom’s Victoria’s Secret catalogs or your dad’s Playboy collection if you want to stare at pretty pictures.

I didn’t know Game Boy games ran at 60FPS and included online leaderboards and trophies. I also didn’t know the Game Boy had a beautiful 5″ HD OLED monitor… hmm, mine was just a tiny black and white blurry dot-matrix square. Must have been a new model I didn’t know about. :)

Then you say “look at the price!” I say, what’s the problem? OlliOlli is only $10.39 for you. That’s cheaper than a pizza. That’s cheaper than a night out. And it’s certainly cheaper than any old Game Boy game ever was. Also, did you know you can always wait for a price drop if you disagree with the current price? Jeez… people complain about every little thing these days…

LeeHatake93 said:

January 21st, 6:16 pm

Still no costumes for Zeus and Isaac Clarke in PlayStation All-Stars? They were supposed to come out in fall of last year and still aren’t available. I can’t be the only one that still wants them.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

January 21st, 6:19 pm

@ 78 not as bad as those that post on every single article about mp3 ect ect … Like it’ll happen any faster :o)

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

January 21st, 6:26 pm

Btw to anyone wanting to watch youtube on your ps4 web browser put /TV on the end of the addy for YouTube and you can watch YouTube on your web browser

Feralbat said:

January 21st, 6:29 pm

Any idea on when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows will release on the PSN?

wilfareus said:

January 21st, 6:36 pm

I purchased Sound Shapes awhile ago :/ but the Store says I don’t own it… I can even add it to cart. What’s up?

Firecrest said:

January 21st, 6:56 pm

So nothing on the PS4 front aside from a pre-order for a game that doesn’t release until March? Come on, MS kicked your hides last month with the XBone, and this same sort of reluctance to take initiative is what caused the PS3 to fall behind in sales last gen. I know this is only the start of a new generation and both sides look pretty arid atm, but now would be the perfect opportunity to step up your game…

retro25 said:

January 21st, 6:59 pm

How about more of Minecraft PS3 edition add-ons?

PainOfSarrow said:

January 21st, 7:18 pm

OlliOlli got veryyyy goood reviews but come onnn. put it on ps3.

Se7en0ps said:

January 21st, 8:09 pm

Please Sony, give us a nice sale on BioWare games and DLC. Europe is selling Dragon Age and Mass Effect at a ridiculously low price right now!

AV-X14 said:

January 21st, 8:36 pm

@ PrimeroIncognito,

Yeah I guess you’re right. In this day and age, with all the technological marvels we have around us, we should step back two decades. Let’s use that super-powered handheld with dual analog sticks, the beautiful display, fast internet, and dual touch screens to pump out games with a 16-colour palette, 8-bit graphics, a control scheme that rivals the Atari 2600, internet features that a 56k dial-up modem could laugh at, and that have absolutely no complexity in terms of story-driven gameplay.

That’s not what I paid for or what was touted when the Vita was released. These Game Boy games just don’t cut it for me, and they ARE overpriced for what they offer. If you like it this way, fine. Enjoy. Just take a look at the lineup of PSP games by this time in its cycle. Those games were awesome. Think Syphon Filter, Ace Combat, God of War, Monster Hunter, GTA, Jeanne D’Arc, Pusuit Force, Metal Gear, Valkyria Chronicles, Silent Hill, and it just goes on and on.

Come to think of it, a lot of Game Boy games were better than what’s coming out for the Vita nowadays!!

Nettacki01 said:

January 21st, 9:44 pm

Personally, I’m pretty excited for the discounted Rock Band 3 DLC.

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 21st, 9:53 pm

@ AV-X14

You’re still suggesting that graphics are most important. The power the Vita has is there for developers should they desire to use it. It gives them more options to work with for all things related to visuals, but the truly most important thing, quality of gameplay (which leads to overall enjoyment, or, FUN), still comes from a developer’s creativity and their competence in bringing their visions to life.

Many of these Vita games are purposely being made with a classic look to pay homage to the games of the past. It’s the way the developers want them to look. And they’re not going to go back and change it now. It’s their vision, their project, and that’s that. You’ll just have to accept it. I don’t know what else to tell you. There are plenty of games already available that take advantage of the Vita’s power, so I don’t know what you’re complaining about anyway.

Were all those PSP games you listed awesome because of their graphics? Or something else…

“Overpriced” is subjective as well…

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 21st, 10:12 pm

By the way, do you know why there are more indie games on the Vita, as opposed to so-called “AAA” games? It’s because most of the big publishers out there aren’t going to invest time and money in a project that won’t bring the kind of profits in return that would justify the decision. It’s all about the install base. Once the Vita starts to really sell, you’ll see the hardware-pushing AAA titles that you crave. So, if anyone is to blame, it would be the consumers’, for not supporting the system.

You should thank these indie devs, because they’re the ones keeping the Vita alive! And hopefully, this life support the Vita is getting from the indies will last long enough to carry the Vita into it’s next phase, which will hopefully see widespread support from not only the consumers, but also the big publishers right behind them in tow, ever so predictably.

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 21st, 10:16 pm

How about all the positive feedback OlliOlli is receiving? Does it mean nothing to you just because of it’s minimalist approach to visual appearance? The fun that people are having with it should be a very telling sign… about… something… (hint)

In fact, OlliOlli just might be the game that finally convinces me to buy a Vita. I’ve been on the fence for a while now. There a lot of Vita games I’ve been wanting to play, and now with yet another one dropping on the scene, I might as well just finally cave in and make that investment. I hope I’ll have time to play them all…

hyper-shadow-0 said:

January 21st, 10:22 pm

Still no Disgaea D2 add ons…sigh….and yes I’m one of the few people who worries more about JRPGS than what I see up there.

demonkogure99 said:

January 21st, 11:06 pm

If its not too much trouble I would like to see Tenchu Shadow Assassins if its possible. Also it seems Outlaws of the Dynasty is no longer available on the consoles PSN. Oh well but keep up the good work and thank you for Bioshock Infinite ^^

kmetek said:

January 21st, 11:31 pm

GRID 2 i can get it for 10$ brand new.

djsaiyan said:

January 22nd, 12:56 am

Another Tuesday, another few games to play, another mess of posts from people spamming about MP3/DLNA, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, and the Vita app limit.

Typical!

AizawaYuuichi said:

January 22nd, 1:08 am

Dang, nothing for me this week. That’s not really a bad thing, though. Super busy with ACIV on PS4, and need to get back into Don’t Starve. NFS:Rivals is sitting around waiting to be started. And my PS3 backlog continues to grow with both DmC and Bioshock Infinite, as well as Puppeteer which I just picked up last week. Too many games to play, hahaha.

I’d maybe consider getting inFAMOUS: Second Son digitally if I didn’t already have the Collector’s Edition pre-ordered at retail. I want that Delsin beanie!

Gamer_USA- said:

January 22nd, 1:11 am

While I love the Indie scene, nothing for me this week.

Remmy8199 said:

January 22nd, 4:04 am

Eh, they’re getting a little better about putting the PSOne Classics up there, but I really wish they’d add something decent.

unbornsoldier said:

January 22nd, 5:22 am

Looking forward to playing the brothers game :D.cant wait for infamous second son! Very nice that we can preorder.pretty nice sales.only really interested in retro grade.disegea.