Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 28

Jan 28

Goooooal! Super League Football Coming Soon to Zen Pinball 2

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zen Studios

The competition is heating up on PlayStation! We’re combining the world’s most popular sport with our passion for pinball. Soon you’ll be able to choose your favorite football club on our next table: Super League Football Pinball. Coming to Zen Pinball 2.

Wait… football pinball? Yes! Well, actually, you might know it as soccer, but we Americans like to do things a bit different from the rest of the world. You know, like not using the metric system and calling football soccer. Such rebels.

You’ll side with your favorite clubs including Arsenal, Liverpool FC, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid C.F., A.C. Milan, Juventus, and A.S. Roma as they square off to dominate league play in a new pinball experience. The table will be themed in brilliant style, including images of the clubs biggest stars, team mascots, chants, and theme songs — a totally authentic football experience. Scores will tally to each club’s global leaderboard, providing an overall rank for each club in the league on a global scale on each platform. As you lead your team through league play, you’ll be able to earn trophies and accolades which will be placed in each club’s trophy room.

To be honest, I didn’t know who Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo were before we started working with these clubs, but Zen lead me through a crash course on some of the best players and I must say, these guys have talent. Whether you’re a sports fan or not, there is no argument that these guys are truly amazing athletes.

Don’t have a favorite club? Join Team Zen! We need your help if we’re going to take on the best of the best on the Super League Football table. We want those trophies in the Zen trophy room — I know you pinball wizards have the skill, now you can help us score some major points. Don the Zen FC colors and get ready to score lots of GOOOAAAALS!

Zen Pinball 2: Super League FootballZen Pinball 2: Super League Football

I’m sure it’s no surprise, but we play a lot of pinball around here, and World Cup Soccer (Midway 1994), is one of our all-time favorites. We’ve always wanted to pay homage to this real-life pinball table, and here we are, just about to share it with the world.

We aren’t 100% sure when Super League Football will launch, but it’ll be soon! The game will release as DLC for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. Cross buy info is still getting worked out, so we’ll keep you posted.

That just about sums up the Super League Football table — but now we need your input. Is your favorite club missing from our roster? Let us know who you root for, and you might see them in the game someday!

Add Your Own

Gamerzlimited said:

January 28th, 5:48 am

Glad to see you guys are still making tables for my favorite pinball game. :)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

January 28th, 8:26 am

Heck yes! No plans of stopping for us :)

toru248okada said:

January 28th, 5:54 am

Cool! I actually got to play on a real life World Cup Soccer pinball table a few weeks ago and also thought it was fantastic. Quick question, when is the Dr. Strange table coming to PS4?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

January 28th, 8:27 am

Awesome! Dr. Strange should be ready soon! Sorry for the delay :)

ZombiePyro said:

January 28th, 6:09 am

I have always loved pin ball since I was little. Should I get this game?

Stranger_Eddie said:

January 28th, 6:24 am

Hello Bobby Loertscher =D

… Glad to see you again here!

… I have the full Zen Pinball Machines Collection, this new pinball machine will use the last box in machine list… Do you have plan to expand the list? =D

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

January 28th, 8:27 am

Yes! Even more tables coming after Super League Football! :D

Sk8erfreakmatt10 said:

January 28th, 6:25 am

Woohoo! Can’t wait!

Sk8erfreakmatt10 said:

January 28th, 6:27 am

@3 Yes you should. The tables are good fun. You should also look in to getting Pinball Arcade as well!

ZombiePyro said:

January 28th, 6:42 am

The real question is if I tilt my vita will the table tilt also? Lol

ZombiePyro said:

January 28th, 6:42 am

The real question is if I tilt my vita will the table tilt also?

detictiveconan said:

January 28th, 6:57 am

I’m not a fan of soccer(or any sports really) but this table sure looks fun.

snakeman07 said:

January 28th, 8:05 am

“It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.” Looks like a fun table!

Darth_NODlike said:

January 28th, 8:15 am

Looks like a great game. Any chance of Manchester United getting in?

AizawaYuuichi said:

January 28th, 8:41 am

I’m with Darth_NODlike. No love for ManU? Haha.
Big fan of Zen Pinball and been wondering when this table would release, as the trophies are already on the list. Now that you’ve unveiled it, definitely excited and looking forward to it. Also looking forward to playing the Dr. Strange table on PS4. More news as you have it is appreciated. Thanks Bobby!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

January 28th, 9:03 am

Hoping to have Dr S on PS4 in a few weeks! Sorry for the delay :)

boomstickbhg said:

January 28th, 9:25 am

Not a soccer fan, (not against it either, just doesn’t flip my switch) but I’ll be buying this just because you always make such fun tables.

Also very much looking forward to Dr S reappearing on PS4, not being able to play the only table I haven’t played a bunch has kept me from playing much on PS4 so far.

White_Worm said:

January 28th, 10:32 am

New table looks awesome. I really wish the “classic” ZP1 tables would be ported to the PS4 version. It would really add a lot of value to the product.

ngreatshark said:

January 28th, 11:43 am

Tables like this is why I love Zen Pinball, it’s not my daddy’s boring pinball!

baberunisei said:

January 28th, 12:59 pm

AW YESSSSSS I love the real football and pinball, this is awesome! I can see in one of the pictures above that one of the players is wearing a uniform very similar to the Brazilian one. Is there any possibilities of a reference to the country of football in the game?

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 28th, 1:05 pm

Beautiful!

baberunisei said:

January 28th, 1:08 pm

Oh, about the comment I posted above, forget it, now I noticed the player is in fact wearing Arsenal’s uniform.

Decker01 said:

January 28th, 1:15 pm

I love the Zen tables and have bought them all. Will be sure to buy this too.
I am a little worried about this line : “Cross buy info is still getting worked out, so we’ll keep you posted.”
I hope there’s no change in the current Cross Buy policy for Zen tables because it’s perfect as it currently is.

Livingstoni813 said:

January 28th, 1:30 pm

Hi Bobby, quick question about what seems to be a long forgotten about issue. Are there any plans to fix it so that the Star Wars: Balance of the Force trophies and Dr Strange trophies that are obtained on the vita, to be able to sync to the servers? Been waiting with alot of other people for a loooong time for this to be addressed. Thx so much. -Stoni

plaztiksyke said:

January 28th, 1:45 pm

Pllllease bring the Tesla table to PS4 with all the sparks and particle effects intact. Tesla was amazing in Zen Pinball 1, but lost some of the particle and lighting effects in the transition to Zen Pinball 2. It was the only table that had all my friends say “wow” when they played it.

FearMonkey said:

January 28th, 2:52 pm

Ugh. Soccer. Might be the first Zen Pinball table I don’t buy. :(

+1 to bringing Tesla to PS4.

Also, would like El Dorado on PS4 as well. My favorite of the original tables.

robertmc8 said:

January 28th, 3:13 pm

Anyword on other missing pinball tables for ps4? like FF and Tesla tables ? There alot pinball tables import are missing for ps4 :)

tusunami said:

January 28th, 4:13 pm

This looks fantastic another table that I will purchase for sure. But when will the other tables be ported to the PS4 that’s a question that is on everybody’s mind.

saab01 said:

January 28th, 4:45 pm

I think its a little weird to see a sports table but I will give it a shot. I have loved all of zens tables so far and I am sure there is a reason behind picking a table that is a sport.

JohnnyMaxx08 said:

February 12th, 2:10 am

Loved this table from the trailer! One thing I felt is missing (maybe because I’m a Brazilian) is a Brazilian team. But hey, I got a point! We’re having world cup here in a few months, so it would be nice to have something paying homage for the country. That being said, you should add São Paulo FC to it! ^^

Anyway, for the time being, I’ll go for Liverpool! They’ll never pinball alone!

Rez33 said:

February 12th, 3:58 pm

Very cool! This looks like a fun table.