Farpoint

Feb 03

Feb 03

PS4 System Update 1.60: Official Headset Support; Gold Wireless Headset Out Soon

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Hello PlayStation Nation! The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be available for download beginning late tonight, bringing support for the PULSE and PULSE – Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4. We know you’ve been patiently waiting for this update, which means PS4 owners will now be able to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with 7.1 virtual surround sound and crystal clear voice chat with our official PlayStation headsets. PlayStation headsets are created for PlayStation gamers, by gamers – and designed to truly provide the audio that game developers intended. It’s truly how games were meant to sound.

I’m also excited to introduce the newest member of our headset lineup – the Gold Wireless Headset, which launches early this month. This new headset offers 7.1 virtual surround sound, custom audio modes created by developers specifically for PlayStation games, a hidden noise cancelling microphone for voice chat while playing online, customizable faceplates, and other features –all for $99.99 (MSRP).

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

You can connect the Gold headset to your PS4, PS3 or computer using the wireless adaptor for eight hours of straight gameplay. The headset also is compatible with your PS Vita or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable. The portable, folding design and travel pouch make it perfect for playing games or listening to music at home or on the go.

The Gold Wireless Headset and the PULSE – Elite Edition are compatible with the free Headset Companion App, which hits PlayStation Store in February. The app allows you to download developer-created audio modes that are specifically tuned to enhance a game’s audio. Kicking off the custom sound modes will be Sucker Punch, who’s developing a mode for their highly anticipated PS4 exclusive inFAMOUS Second Son. In addition to these custom audio modes, the app also offers a variety of preset audio modes for games, music and movies, as well as a tool to create your own custom EQ mode.

For additional information on PS4 system update v.1.60, including how to update your system, please click here when the update goes live. Hope you enjoy the new features and keep the feedback coming. Greatness Awaits!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 14

AirMaxPenny said:

February 3rd, 5:48 pm

In regards to the comments above mine… Yes, your original Sony Pulse (non elite) will work after this patch..

Here is what 1.60 covers. Not sure why Sony loves to never communicate stuff…

– Support for the Pulse, Pulse Elite, and Gold headset
– Ability to mute the microphone on the PS camera
– A few minor system stability fixes

To the person who asked about HDCP being removed. Sony is currently seeking to hire someone who can assist with popular and commonly used DRM solution programming. Read between the lines… They are forming a team that will come up with a DRM solution to the DVD’s etc. If they remove HDCP, they need to make sure people cant simply record DVD’s, HBO Go, Netflix, etc. or they will be sued. This fix will take some time. You are lucky to see it in 2014. Give Sony credit though, this project will cost Sony more than 4 million to pull off, and they are doing it for gamers. The company is about making money, but this is impressive.

EHRMANTRAUT12 said:

February 3rd, 5:50 pm

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked a question on here instead of scrolling up and reading previous posts.

NorwoodNinja said:

February 3rd, 5:52 pm

mine isnt a “Pulse” . it was just the first ps wireless that came out before the Pulse.

EHRMANTRAUT12 said:

February 3rd, 5:54 pm

yTes the original wireless stereo headset will work now.

NorwoodNinja said:

February 3rd, 5:57 pm

sweeeeetttttttt

cwis2359 said:

February 3rd, 5:59 pm

Ahem, for firmware 2.00 I’m expecting there to be DLNA support along with CD playback, mp3 and AAC support. As well as improved blu ray quality playback. Please pass this down for me :)

jonejungle said:

February 3rd, 6:01 pm

so Sony can you tell me when there will be an update for turtle beach head phones?

Icestar10 said:

February 3rd, 6:07 pm

Thank you for the update, Sony! :)

Now, how about that PSone and PS2 emulation software update that has been rumored? :D

rents234 said:

February 3rd, 6:10 pm

It’s finally out. DLNA is included like promised? I’m so pumped – my ps4 is like a crippled Ps3 without it. Thanks for finally releasing this!!!!

rents234 said:

February 3rd, 6:11 pm

Oh..man. Just read the other comments. Brutal about the DLNA, I’m so angry right now.

Squirtbot said:

February 3rd, 6:11 pm

My TV only has a digital Audio connection, so I’ve never been able to use a headset. But, this will work great and has a mic! Buying it on release… Hate hearing everyone else and the kids while I’m gaming!

PoLo--Ralphy said:

February 3rd, 6:34 pm

Does this new headset have any bass like the pulse elite or is it just newer slimmer and 7.1 surround sound because i want another bass head headset

NCWildcat said:

February 3rd, 6:49 pm

Sony, when are we getting resume mode for PS4?

LJS1678 said:

February 3rd, 6:58 pm

What about the blu-ray remote? Will there be a patch to use the existing one on PS4 or do i have to buy a new blu-ray remote as well :(

fivestarboy1 said:

February 3rd, 7:08 pm

know whens the update its 10:08 PM should be out by now I’m wanting to use my headset now!

MyNameIsLaggy said:

February 3rd, 7:08 pm

Why would you make a patch update aadding support fo this but not removing HDCP? Either give it to us or we’ll buy HDMI splitters ourselves and record illegally.

Notorious-_-47 said:

February 3rd, 7:10 pm

Still waiting for the blue and red dualshock 4’s. Any info on a release date?

BlaqMagiq24 said:

February 3rd, 7:11 pm

This is a great update for headset users. With that said:

When’s the MP3 and DLNA support? Sorry Sony but I’ve used Music Unlimited once and I will NEVER use it again, neither will I use Video Unlimited. I’d rather control my own content just like on PS3. This update HAS to come soon.

SpooNManX said:

February 3rd, 7:12 pm

I wish Sony would add the ability for us to use our 3rd party Bluetooth headsets again.

I can’t stand any of those Over The Ear style headsets. They make your ears hot after about 20 minutes.

The best combo was Sony MDR-300 ITE style + the mic from a BT headset.

Oh, and how is the MP3 playback/DNLA patch coming along? Still waiting….

DanakoM0712 said:

February 3rd, 7:16 pm

I hope this is a good place to ask this: does anyone know if this as well as the pulse elites are compatible with windows 8? One video says it does, the other one says it doesn’t and I don’t know if it does or not because I’m yet to get one or the other.

rafboricua22 said:

February 3rd, 7:16 pm

Any chance of adding support for other bluetooth headsets specifically astro A38?

tusunami said:

February 3rd, 7:19 pm

These are great headsets & I like how the battery life is longer than the elite & Sony wireless headsets. But I want to see what those headsets from turtle beach for PS4 are going to be like.

Philaroni said:

February 3rd, 7:22 pm

What about other Bluetooth head sets like the official PS3 bluetooth mic? I find it odd there is no official ones yet, will this update fix that?

Squirtbot said:

February 3rd, 7:33 pm

@tusunami. Yes, those Turtle Beaches are nice, but they’ll be super expensive I presume.

For $99.99, I’m excited to buy something for my PS4.

sherlock4 said:

February 3rd, 7:33 pm

@318. Yes

Squirtbot said:

February 3rd, 7:35 pm

Also, why are they called Gold, when they are obviously blue?

fivestarboy1 said:

February 3rd, 7:37 pm

squirtbot like a gold trophy

moneyman76542 said:

February 3rd, 7:40 pm

Is there any chance that you would integrate SteamOS to the PS4? >_>

iceman833 said:

February 3rd, 7:59 pm

is it out yet? 11pm est and no update.?

Jackal-5 said:

February 3rd, 7:59 pm

I have the Pulse and Elite so I’ll pass on these. Thanks for the update.

Dj_Bravo said:

February 3rd, 8:09 pm

swwweeeettttt

B3yONd369 said:

February 3rd, 8:25 pm

What time will the update be released? I’m excited to finally be able to use my elite headset wirelessly.

tree_face said:

February 3rd, 8:34 pm

So is it only the pulse brand? Or does that include the Wireless stereo headset as well?

ace34399 said:

February 3rd, 8:37 pm

Will I be able to receive calls from my phone to the headset to answer during a game by using Bluetooth?

JUSTiNKUREY said:

February 3rd, 8:39 pm

I haven’t come across any times other than “late tonight”. Not sure what that means. It’s 10:39 Central Time here and still no update.

materclobber said:

February 3rd, 8:43 pm

the only reason i can think of why they do this so late is because of the small amount of traffic. otherwise its pointless to release an update this late

iceman833 said:

February 3rd, 8:46 pm

just called sony they said it be out around 2 am est so around 11pm pst

materclobber said:

February 3rd, 8:47 pm

I just wish they Would release the patch with suspend/resume and a big update to the OS adding customization and DLNA/media support

rsquared21 said:

February 3rd, 9:10 pm

DLNA

ceazer said:

February 3rd, 9:11 pm

Can people not read? The answer is “YES” all three headsets will now work with the PS4. That means the first “original” PS3 wireless headset will now work with the PS4. What is it that people do not understand about that? I don’t know how many times Richard has answered that question.

jr8fan said:

February 3rd, 9:19 pm

I have to say this is unacceptable! I have a perfectly good set of $300 headphones and they are not supported. Thank you for essentially making the system now cost $500 just like Microsoft by forcing you to buy an accessory. I have spent ALOT of money on the PS brand and it will all come to an end for myself and a number of others if this is not rectified. This is very disheartening to say the least.

Lethal_NFS said:

February 3rd, 9:25 pm

Quit crying. Sony is working getting us everything we want. If you spent a lot of money on PS brand, you would have bought the Pulse headset in the first place.

zodiac4562 said:

February 3rd, 9:31 pm

Will headset companion app be available to use also with the original pulse headset?

Kharmeister said:

February 3rd, 9:36 pm

I’m a bit bummed that the PS4 sound mode app won’t work with the original PS3 Wireless Headset…

armyflame said:

February 3rd, 9:44 pm

I have the Pulse Elite already. If I could sell it, would it be worth the trouble buying the Gold? I don’t see much of a difference in features, but the Bass Impact isn’t too important to me.

Souljkidetellem1 said:

February 3rd, 9:44 pm

wish a update for using my trittons 720+ would work by work I mean use the surround sound of it

rivito said:

February 3rd, 9:48 pm

Why is not ready ?

jr8fan said:

February 3rd, 9:54 pm

I am not crying.. if you did any research you would know the facts. I have owned the headphones I use now for 3 years and I love them. Why should I be forced to buy another set, and a Sony branded one at that? I feel like they are bilking you out of more money in a round about way and am disgusted by it. I have owned a PS1, 2, two PS3’s a PS4 as well as a PSP and VITA. So… I am very concerned that they will screw loyal customers over (yes even if it is 100$). Not to mention I have become very attached to my current headset. I believe I have a gripe.

armyflame said:

February 3rd, 10:00 pm

You don’t have to buy a Sony headset. There are many other makes, like Turtle Beach and Rocketfish, that are 100% compatible. Not their fault that not every headset can be fully compatible.

Souljkidetellem1 said: