Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 10

Feb 10

New PS Vita Model Confirmed for US, Included in Borderlands 2 Bundle

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Update: An earlier version of this post stated that Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is playable with up to three of your friends. We checked in with the SCEA Third Party Production team, who confirmed that while they strived to include four-player co-op in the game, they made a decision late in their development cycle to focus on providing the best two-player-only co-op experience possible. As a result, the maximum co-operative player count for Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is capped at two.

Hey Vita fans, we’ve got some great news to share with you today. Since its reveal at the Tokyo Game Show, many of you have asked when the new PlayStation Vita model will be coming to North America. Today, we’re excited to announce the new PS Vita Wi-Fi model (PCH-2000 series) will be available via the Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle this Spring. The bundle will include the new slim PS Vita system in black, the first-person role-playing shooter hit Borderlands 2 with six DLC packs, and an 8GB PS Vita memory card – all for $199.99 (MSRP).

PS-Vita-2000-Bundle

Click here to see the full gallery

The new PS Vita Wi-Fi model is approximately 20-percent slimmer and 15-percent lighter than the original version, with rounded edges to fit comfortably in your hands. The new model comes with 1GB of internal memory built into the system, and its 5-inch front touchscreen has a new high-definition liquid crystal display (LCD), giving you a high quality image that provides the same deep, immersive gaming experience that’s at the core of the PS Vita system.

You won’t need to worry about purchasing an extra PS Vita memory card to play Borderlands 2 out of the box – the limited edition bundle comes with an 8GB memory card. Also, the battery life of the new PS Vita system has increased to 4-6 hours of game play, up from 3-5 hours in the current model, and about 7 hours of video play, up from 5 hours from the current model. Extra juice for those long game sessions!

PS-Vita-2000-Head-on

Many of you have waited patiently for Borderlands 2 to come to the PS Vita system, and we’re pleased to bring it to you bundled with the new PS Vita model. The game utilizes the PS Vita system’s unique front touchscreen and rear touchpad feature so you can easily zoom and pan on maps, manage inventory, inspect items, and more. You can shoot and loot through Pandora with a PS Vita-toting friend via Infrastructure online play, and you can also cross save your progress with your PS3. As an added bonus, Borderlands 2 for PS Vita includes six downloadable content (DLC) packs: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 and the Collector’s Edition Pack.

If you haven’t played Borderlands 2 yet, the storyline follows six vault hunters through the world of Pandora in an attempt to defeat the notorious Handsome Jack of Hyperion Corporation. The Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle is great for those who are new to the game, or if you’re already a fan, it’s a great way to experience Borderlands 2 again right in the palm of your hands.

PS-Vita-2000-AngleVita-Bundle-Angle

As with all PlayStation hardware, the PS Vita system has evolved in so many ways in the last two years. At the launch of PS4, we introduced PS Vita system’s innovative Remote Play feature, making it the ultimate companion device for the PS4 system. We know how much all of you PS4 owners have enjoyed it – I know I have. Additionally, we recently demonstrated its compatibility with PlayStation Now, our new streaming game service that leverages cloud-based technology, allowing you to play a variety of PlayStation 3 games on the PS Vita system when the service launches later this year. And let’s not forget the great games launching on PS Vita this year – including Minecraft, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, God of War Collection and The Walking Dead Season 2. Our goal is to bring you more games to enjoy with our most powerful handheld console, and we look forward to announcing new titles for the PS Vita system this year.

So, are you ready to shoot-and-loot with the new PS Vita model? Let us know in the comments!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

SNORLAXex said:

February 10th, 3:01 pm

Ha, about time.
Well, I’m glad we’ll finally be able to get that extended battery life.

gerneric123 said:

February 10th, 3:01 pm

How about some new games that aren’t ports and were announced last year?

SlyCooperFan100 said:

February 10th, 3:02 pm

As I already have (and love) my white Vita, which is superior to this one in a few ways, I’m skipping out. But when will Borderlands 2 release as a standalone game for Vita? Before this bundle releases, day-and-date with this bundle, or after this bundle?

RE_Player said:

February 10th, 3:02 pm

BORDERLANDS 2!

Skywarrd said:

February 10th, 3:04 pm

Is just the black on black coming to the states? Or will the colors come along as well in stand alone packs?

John Koller's Avatar

Sharon Kapitula said:

February 10th, 5:20 pm

Right now, only black has been announced for the US launch

Kanashimi said:

February 10th, 3:04 pm

I’m a gamer who has had the original Vita since launch, and the most appealing aspect is the screen. Due to the switch between OLED to LCD, I will not be getting this, which is a shame. I’m usually a first day buyer on Sony products, but this one is just not gonna sell me. :/

Hycotuss said:

February 10th, 3:04 pm

I have been on the fence on getting a Vita this might just be enough for me to jump in and get one. Also would love to pair this with my PS3/PS4.

John Koller's Avatar

Sharon Kapitula said:

February 10th, 5:21 pm

Great timing! As seen in the video, there is a lot on the horizon

Rabzinatorz said:

February 10th, 3:04 pm

Damn now I don’t regret getting the Vita now, picking this up ASAP. Thank you Playstation for this (as always)

TheExiled12894 said:

February 10th, 3:05 pm

Already own a Vita but I hope you guys bring over the FFX/X-2 Vita

R3ddBuddah said:

February 10th, 3:05 pm

Is there going to be a standalone version? of the Console?

C1pH_3r said:

February 10th, 3:06 pm

Cant’ wait to get my hands on this vita model!

ScribeTheTaru said:

February 10th, 3:06 pm

I’m excited! I almost bought a Vita today for much more than this and would have had much less in the package.

RedDeadToast said:

February 10th, 3:07 pm

And I need this Vita now. Wanted one for a while, with the PS+ games I have and the announcement of Sly and God of War on Vita and the Borderlands 2 vita bundle. Yup I definitely need one now

neuroned said:

February 10th, 3:07 pm

Slimmer profile and longer battery life isn’t an adequate substitution for an OLED screen. Those side by side comparisons are scary.

dolabla said:

February 10th, 3:08 pm

I’m saddened it’s only coming in black :(

I was hoping we could get some different colors.

But this bundle is a great value.

richboy1231 said:

February 10th, 3:08 pm

Ugh if only this came out in America the same day as Europe. That was my birthday and I would’ve loved to have picked one up.

TrueRadiantFree said:

February 10th, 3:09 pm

Maybe you guys can work with Bungie to get Destiny on Vita (at least the single player aspect), cause its better than Borderlands. The Borderlands series has way too much cursing and perverted sexual/ suggestive themes.

Borshay said:

February 10th, 3:09 pm

I’ll absolutely be picking up Borderlands 2. It is sad that we’re only getting the black 2000. Hopefully they release a multicolor bundle/stand alone later this year.

Some will complain about ports but I’d love to be able to have the greatest game system on the go. All it needs now is Shadow of the Colossus and the Ratchet games on the Vita and it’ll be set for Sony’s PS2 titles

DuoMaxwell007 said:

February 10th, 3:09 pm

Ill care about new vita when you guys either:

1. get rid of those proprietary memory cards and let us use SD cards or something similar or

2. Keep proprietary cards but make bigger capacities (up to 500gb maybe?) because Playstation plus and 32gb isnt CLOSE to enough space to hold all those game every month

John Koller's Avatar

Sharon Kapitula said:

February 10th, 5:21 pm

Thanks for your feedback, we hear you

TheExiled12894 said:

February 10th, 3:10 pm

Online play and 6 DLC included in this is nice though.

Teflon02 said:

February 10th, 3:11 pm

I’ll be switching to that model. I need the extra battery life and was going to buy that game anyways. Where is the 64GB Memory Cards, I don’t wanna import from Play-Asia :(

gerneric123 said:

February 10th, 3:11 pm

Every game featured in that trailer, outside of Tearaway, is a port …

InfinitiProject said:

February 10th, 3:11 pm

Do want. I can leave my OLED version home and use this one on the go while tethered to my phone’s internet.

Also want 64GB cards too *hint hint*

Spidor-man said:

February 10th, 3:13 pm

Time for the important question:

Will North America get the yellow/green Vita Slim or will we be stuck with only black?

MakoSOLIDER said:

February 10th, 3:14 pm

Is this REPLACING the old model?

Teflon02 said:

February 10th, 3:14 pm

@17, I can’t begin with how messed up what you said is

bardiJP said:

February 10th, 3:14 pm

I would like to know what happen with the rest of the Borderlands 2 DLC? Are they going to be available to download them?? Are they going to be cross-buy??

JJamrog said:

February 10th, 3:15 pm

Pretty darn cool for people without Vitas.

How much can we expect the new standalone Vita to cost? Not the bundle.

Will we be getting the same color treatment Japan has?

stlthriot said:

February 10th, 3:16 pm

Sweet, so this means I can load up my ps3 progress and continue on from there? :D

Is the season pass cross-platform for us picking up the game separate of the bundle? I already own a Vita so only need the game and I have the season pass purchased on PS3.

MrBendel said:

February 10th, 3:16 pm

Will be buying! (and i already own a pch-1000)

xClayMeow said:

February 10th, 3:17 pm

I hope BL2 will be reasonably priced for those of us that already have the original Vita! Don’t forget about your early adopters!

HaHaHyEnA said:

February 10th, 3:17 pm

i love the original Vita, it is the perfect size/ weight for me and the OLED makes it way better then the newer version, im glad i got my vita when i did, and i cant wait to get borderlands 2 for vita and minecraft and all the games you guys mentioned!

redshoepaul said:

February 10th, 3:18 pm

Getting! Possibly not the bundle, but definitely a slim.

bball230 said:

February 10th, 3:19 pm

Can we please please please PLEASE get wireless WPA-Enterprise 2 support for the Vita.

I cant begin to imagine how many hundreds of thousands of students and people of students out there go to college/universities and cannot use their campuses secure wifi.

Why sony…? why?

This is something 7 year old smart phones can do.

Also can we get the email app to allow us to mark items as UNREAD/ READ. Why the hell isnt that a feature in an email app?

fatdog21 said:

February 10th, 3:20 pm

im sorry sony for all the *****ing i was doin :(..with all the great announcements u made today u made a me a believer again in vita :)

bopper19 said:

February 10th, 3:20 pm

definitely picking up this bundle, going to be awesome. i already have a psvita but i canalways use two :) im also excited for the sly cooper andgod of war hd collections for ps vita

Miadaskate said:

February 10th, 3:20 pm

Yes! I knew it wouldn’t be long before the new Vita hit the US. I love the old OLED screen, but I don’t like the burn-in factor with them. I’d rather have an LCD and not have to worry about that. I’ll be getting a PS4 soon as well, so I absolutely cannot wait to try Remote Play and PlayStation Now. Add on the fact that I can play Borderlands 2 with friends on my PS3, and then continue it on the go with friends on my Vita? Awesome news!!!

JKar275 said:

February 10th, 3:21 pm

1) When are we going to see 64GB & 128GB memory cards for the Vita in North America?

2) When are we going to see meaningful brand new AAA sci-fi shooter/RPGs (not ports of these games from other platforms) on the PS Vita?

Killzone: Mercenary & Resistance: Burning Skies are not enough.

How about a brand new Mass Effect game (not a port of an older game) made especially for the PS Vita?

bigtimekilla147 said:

February 10th, 3:22 pm

I already own the original Vita, but I’m definitely picking this bundle up!

plaztiksyke said:

February 10th, 3:22 pm

The Vita is already light enough, and while I appreciate the rounded edges, the lack of OLED display means I’ll be telling everyone I know to purchase a second-hand OLED version. OLED isn’t more power-hungry, and Sony should have given us the better battery tech and improved Wifi radio so we could get both the superior colors and motion resolution of the OLED display along with expanded battery life. Even Windows phones have AMOLED now.

Really excited to see Borderlands 2, though. Will it play in Vita’s native resolution @ average framerate of 30fps or 60fps? (Note: Not the *max* framerate, but average across the game.) I ask because other PS3 -> Vita conversions have yielded standard-definition resolutions (Flower), and really awful frame rates (Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, etc). Thanks for including all current DLC and not nickel+diming us with post-purchase scams :)

Hopefully we’ll see Borderlands 1 and other Unreal engine games come to Vita, like Alien Breed, Flashback, Unreal Tournament 3, and Alpha Protocol.

genius527 said:

February 10th, 3:24 pm

Sounds cool hope i might get it on my psvita!!! Owah a new bundle game for your psvita!! I might get that bundle sooner than later!!! New things, new stuff for psvita, “NICE”!!!

hzy0223 said:

February 10th, 3:25 pm

PINK! I want the PINK one! PLEASE!!!

djsaiyan said:

February 10th, 3:25 pm

What about Big Game Hunt and Dragon Keep? And the Headhunter packs? Sold separately, or not coming to Vita?

gerneric123 said:

February 10th, 3:26 pm

@25 Yes. The LCD model replaced the OLED one in Japan, and the UK.

DarkOne_PR said:

February 10th, 3:28 pm

I have a vita already tell me when its BL2 vita going to be released!!!

Psychoalphadisco said:

February 10th, 3:29 pm

Goodbye,3DS

Linka0013 said:

February 10th, 3:29 pm

Sooo hey, while this is cool, and I hope more people buy a Vita as a result of it… How about those bigger memory cards? Or the Vita TV?

I’m a Vita owner, and I still really want the Vita TV. I’m willing to pay the money to have it! So please Sony, please consider releasing it!

DRAQ-520 said:

February 10th, 3:30 pm

How about even more awesome games like the original Bioshock on the Vita that Ken Levine promised us, confirmation of Freedom Wars on america and an official announcement of Gravity Rush 2, “wink,wink”.

youkutudou said:

February 10th, 3:30 pm

can i skip right to the DLCs…………..

Already beat the game

gus_xl said:

February 10th, 3:32 pm

Any word on the 64gb memory cards?

PAGE 1 2 3 5