Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 24

Feb 24

PS Plus: ModNation Racers: Road Trip Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

One of the most adorable kart racers around is entering the PS Plus Instant Game Collection tomorrow: ModNation Racers: Road Trip for PS Vita. Customization is the name of the game here, and you’ll be able to modify your character, kart and even edit tracks easily with the PS Vita’s touch screen. Best of all, if you enjoyed ModNation Racers on PS3, you’ll be able to download your creations and use them in ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

You can download ModNation Racers: Road Trip after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PS Plus 2-25-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Modnation Racers Road Trip
Welcome to the never-ending season of ModNation kart racing, where competitive racing and community creativity collide. Whether you race for the fastest time, customize your own karts or tracks, or you discover new courses online – ModNation Racers gives you everything you need for your next “Road Trip!” We have put the creation at your fingertips…literally. Touch the screen and rear touch pad to raise or lower the terrain. Use common gestures to create or edit your Mod, Kart, or Track. If that wasn’t enough, you will have full access to all creations made on the PS3. That’s right, download and play with your favorite PS3 creations on your PlayStation®Network and take it whereever you go.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

PERSONA 2: ETERNAL PUNISHMENT $3.49 $4.99

Other Sales

Title Plus Price Original Price
Velocity Ultra $2.39 $3.99
STARHAWK $10.49 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/4)

Instant Game Collection

DRAGON’S CROWN PS VITA
THE WOLF AMONG US SEASON PASS
THE WOLF AMONG US – EPISODE 1: FAITH
TALES OF XILLIA
GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY
PERSONA 2: ETERNAL PUNISHMENT

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

RoII_chan said:

February 24th, 2:39 pm

Can we get Escape Plan DLC discounts anytime soon plz?

RoII_chan said:

February 24th, 2:43 pm

Also is thieves in time its the PS3 or the Ps Vita version?

megacarlos said:

February 24th, 2:58 pm

well nino kinu is easily goty for me for 2013 even though i loved tlou and starhawk is easily the funnest game ever unfortunately lack of support from sony destroyed it :(

EJStrat said:

February 24th, 3:03 pm

I’m not really interested in Modnation Racers, but February has been an exemplary month for PS+ thanks a bunch guys

Gamerzlimited said:

February 24th, 3:13 pm

These are some great sales going on this week. And I knew the PS Vita version of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition would get a bigger price drop eventually. Luckily I didn’t buy it from the flash sale last month.

@xClayMeow And I bet you’re going to cry like a little baby when you want to do the exact opposite: You getting the game for free and now wanting to buy it for the cheap price. I think you should be more worried about buying a game full price and noticed it was on sale the next week. Then you have a legitimate reason to be pissed, your current reason is just plain stupid.

ExpiredWindex said:

February 24th, 3:16 pm

$6.99 for Ni no kuni?
That game is like cat nip for RPG lovers. Get it now!

xRage55 said:

February 24th, 3:18 pm

which plataform is on sale rayman legends?

YorlecmNwahs said:

February 24th, 3:44 pm

Want ModNation Racers 2?

Go to Google

Search “ModNation Racers 2 for PS4 petition”

Click on the second result.

Sign the petition please.

dsanders787 said:

February 24th, 4:01 pm

What happened I checked this earlier today and Terraria for vote was listed on here for 5.99, and I check it later on in the day and it was removed … What is up with that?

dsanders787 said:

February 24th, 4:04 pm

Terraria for Vita ^

Hyperion508 said:

February 24th, 4:19 pm

Damn. I just purchased Dragon’s Crown for Vita at full price less than 48 hours ago. I even had a feeling this was coming. Lesson learned, Sony. When in doubt, always wait that shat out!

TimboJames said:

February 24th, 4:30 pm

You guys are torturing a guy on the job hunt. D3 is a definite pickup though ;-)

Solh0und said:

February 24th, 4:40 pm

– TWD Season two season pass
– The Wolf Among Us season pass
– Ni No Kuni
– Persona 2
– Dragon’s Crown(Dunno which version yet)

You guys are killing my tax refund. Dangit,Sony!

TwinDad said:

February 24th, 5:34 pm

I like that you list both sales under the same Blog Post. It’s like a perfect window seat to virtually “window shop”.

Thanks.

Elvick_ said:

February 24th, 5:43 pm

MNR: Road Trip is a great game, but it’s some b/s that it never got online. That’s the only thing keeping it back from being awesome.

yuanqing_he said:

February 24th, 6:09 pm

ORGARHYTM is spelling wrong, it should be ORGARHYTHM.

spacemonkeyham said:

February 24th, 7:02 pm

Can’t buy Velocity Ultra yet . . . they upcoming version looks wayyyyy too much better!

Reshes said:

February 24th, 7:40 pm

Hey I have Hotline Miami and Machinarium for free from PS+, is there any way I can take advantage of being able to permanently purchase them at such a great price?

Shame on you guys for throttling those who take part in PS+ but also want to permanently buy games that were offered.

Please consider such functionality in the future! I would love to OWN the games after having them from plus, not just RENT them.

Remmy8199 said:

February 24th, 8:09 pm

That price drop for Flow seems awfully tempting. I’ve already played Journey and Flower, but I’ve been putting it off because it looked like a glorified screen saver. I might have to jump on it for that price though.

renejr818 said:

February 24th, 8:11 pm

Are Escape Plan or Injustice: Gods Among Us, worth getting on the PS4?

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 24th, 8:22 pm

@Reshes I know how you feel, I too would like to be able to buy games that were once free (I know, what’s wrong with me?).

tusunami said:

February 24th, 8:34 pm

These sales are great from what I see, you couldn’t go wrong with any of this!!!!!!!!!!

Truthseiyer said:

February 24th, 8:35 pm

God dammit stop putting things on sale less than a week after I buy them! Evertime I make a purchase from the playstation store I feel like a chump three days later.

UltimaWeaponFF13 said:

February 24th, 8:35 pm

Can we get Modnation Racers on the PS3 as well?? pretty please with a cherry on top? 0=)

guigaferabr said:

February 24th, 8:49 pm

Ist hat super motherload on sale the one for playstation 4?

berlaitada said:

February 24th, 8:56 pm

Is STARHAWK still worth getting? I’ve heard that Sony dropped the support for the game and the hackers ruined it, some people say it’s near impossible to get a full 32 match and that you’d get at least a couple of hackers in it.

Might get Dragon’s Crown if it’s not in the March lineup

djsaiyan said:

February 24th, 9:23 pm

I already have Modnation Racers, so no big deal there.

Those sales tho

Machi_Mavz said:

February 24th, 10:15 pm

Plase make Catherine as PS+ Free XD

mahirghari said:

February 24th, 10:40 pm

Hey PS Nation!

I love my 500gb PS3 super slim and my PS Vita, but now its time for the missing piece…

I’ve decided to buy a PS4, anyone recommend any games for it?

Apart from outlast and resogun which are on ps plus, I am probably getting Killzone Shadow Fall, Tomb Raider Definitive, and FIFA 14. So apart from all that (which is plenty for me atm), anything else to check out for the PS4 that’s out already.

Thanks in advance…

Btw, any word on when the Diablo 3 PS4 version is coming out?

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

February 24th, 10:58 pm

I thought Starhawks servers were getting shut down? I must’ve been wrong then. I know MAG, and Socom got shut down, and Resistance series is getting shut down along with GT5 (no big deal since GT6 is out)

I will definitely buy Starhawk for $10. I played the single player. Loved the gameplay but never got around to buying the full version.

Also gonna get Escape Plan and Flow for PS4. Love cross buy. Such a cool thing

Honestly though, if they made Journey for PS4 and Vita, I wouldn’t care if it wasn’t cross buy. I’ll pay $15 another 2 times for that masterpiece of a game

carlpain said:

February 24th, 11:14 pm

@118 & 121: Create a sub-account. That way you can buy the games with discounts. The only problem is that you’ll have to switch between accounts to download the games.

shibbydibbybibby said:

February 24th, 11:28 pm

UPDATE THE VITA IMMEDIATELY!

shibbydibbybibby said:

February 25th, 12:00 am

@ carl pain…

yea, because…
1.deactivate psn account
2.formatting the vita
3.buying another memory or transferring everything to ps3/comp then formatting your only memory card
4. make new psn account
5. reactivate vita to necessary account is good advice for someone trying to buy one game for $2.50
6. repeat steps 1,2,3,5 every time you want to return to go back

vs. having an option in the storefront to purchase a game you never actually bought.

great advice!

fyi: best course of action is to call customer support. the vita doesnt honor psn purchases like the ps3 does. multiple users allowed on the ps3 and all users can access psn games. vita and vita memory cards only allow one psn account.

@118-121, im in the same boat.

a new problem ive found with psn is the storefront trying to charge for games i already purchased. having to refer to my 1000+ dl list is a joke.
sound shapes and tearaway trying to charge me through both ps3/vita store. 5 diff. customer service reps evaded the double charge problem. no answers/no help. “a hiccup in the psn” is not a resolution. being double charged is more then “a hiccup”.

AizawaYuuichi said:

February 25th, 12:56 am

These are some amazing sales. My only problem with them? I already own everything I have any interest in. So, my PSN wallet is safe, haha. But, the deals are appreciated nonetheless.

We just got a ton of racing games recently and I still haven’t even touched Sonic Racing. Not interested in another karting game. I actually even tried the demo for Road Trip back when it first came out. Just… not a fan.

And to those asking for a MNR 2? It already happened. It’s called LittleBigPlanet Karting.

GummyCore said:

February 25th, 4:00 am

The Asia PSN blog just published that they will be getting “Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition” (PS4) as PS+ IGC on Mar 6. That’s good indication that US and Europe will be next week too.

Lucis_U said:

February 25th, 4:01 am

nice

carlpain said:

February 25th, 4:23 am

@133: Wow. What a jerk. I never had to do what you said/wrote to create a new account and buy games with discounts. Transferring data? What are you talking about? Everything goes to the same memory. Again: what a jerk. Did they say it is for Vita? Nope. Once again : what a jerk.

WetVein said:

February 25th, 4:55 am

Thanks for the help Paul, #56 & #61. (and anyone else I missed)
I wasn’t aware I could do that. What a great feature! (adding games to my PS4 download queue.. even though I don’t have the system yet) March 8th can’t come soon enough. (my PS4 delivery estimate)

jeanrmarques said:

February 25th, 4:58 am

Which version of Rayman Legends will be on sale? (hoping for the ps4 one)

BurritoAssassin9 said:

February 25th, 4:59 am

On another note, when are the PS Vita PLAY bonuses going out? It’s been two weeks…

khaos1019 said:

February 25th, 5:13 am

@11 The PS3 is listed as one of the devices that will be able to support PlayStation Now when that gets a release, so I don’t know where you heard that Sony is going to drop online-functionality on the PS3, but I don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon.

PGL163 said:

February 25th, 6:04 am

It’s 25 of February and still no thief game or discounts on games at Russian psn.why?

CCCP_Vodka said:

February 25th, 6:24 am

I believe there is mistake,original price of INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US ULTIMATE EDITION PS VITA is $29.99 not $20.99, am I right?

CCCP_Vodka said:

February 25th, 6:25 am

@PGL163 так это же вроде для американского стора,они же разные

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

February 25th, 6:26 am

@PGL163: I believe Russia is served by the EU blog.

blog(dot)eu(dot)playstation(dot)com

rikki765 said:

February 25th, 6:38 am

plz some free pep games like last year

kajitsushu said:

February 25th, 8:27 am

Holy discounts, PlayStation! I’ll be finally getting Dragon’s Crown, as well as The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us season passes. And Ni No Kuni is a must have, at 6,99 it’s an absolute steal, and when I think I actually bought it at full price during its launch week. Eh, still worth every cent. If you’re gonna keep this up, sales and Plus games and all, looks like I won’t be needing a PS4 anytime soon.

Rezolution77 said:

February 25th, 8:58 am

Been waiting on Flow and Fower to go on sale again.
Same goes for Valhalla Knghts 3, and almost went physical copy.
Have to review Stick it to the Man.

When are you going to PS discount Ninja Gaiden or the collection?

Just ordered a 64gb memory card to keep up.

Hate hearing the new Vita models are going LED, instead of OLED, love the colors.

PGL163 said:

February 25th, 10:04 am

Well,it’s very unfortunate that euro psn differs from us psn,and why?seriously why can’t we get the same content?they did no regional differences,but stil us psn is much more useful…

DJPlace said:

February 25th, 11:31 am

if only modnation for ps vita had online racing… but i may pick up NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH since that’s on sale.