Final Fantasy XV

Feb 27

Feb 27

Preview March’s Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Let’s take a look at what you’re going to get in March with your PlayStation Plus membership. To start, PlayStation 4 owners can enjoy the Apocalypse Edition of the critically acclaimed PS3 twin-stick zombie shooter, Dead Nation. The PS4 version includes updated visuals and controls, as well as a sweet interactive broadcast mode, so hit that “Share” button when you start playing!

PS3 owners get Tomb Raider, one of last year’s most praised titles. This reboot showcases Lara’s transformation from a recent anthropology graduate to a battle-hardened adventurer as her expedition crashes on a mysterious island. You’ll hunt animals, upgrade weapons and choose perks to increase Lara’s chances of survival.

Also on PS3: Thomas Was Alone, an adorable puzzle platformer that showcases the camaraderie of artificial intelligences depicted as various shapes, and Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut, a 2D adventure style survival horror game. Bonus! Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut are Cross-Buy titles, so you’ll get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of those games.

For PS Vita this month, you get Unit 13: a third-person mission-based shooter where you’ll need to complete specified objectives, like staying in stealth or completing levels as quickly as possible. Then there’s Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, a massive experience where you can — you guessed it — kill monsters, and then use their body parts to craft new weapons & armor to take down bigger baddies.

March PlayStation Plus Preview

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free for PS Plus members

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Tomb Raider

Free for PS Plus members

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Free for PS Plus members

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Unit 13

Free for PS Plus members

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Free for PS Plus members

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 8

bigsgg71 said:

February 27th, 6:01 am

Awesome!

Hogwild333 said:

February 27th, 6:02 am

Awesome update! I don’t know how you guys do it every month. The console race is being won by Playstation with superior hardware and PS Plus!

bigsgg71 said:

February 27th, 6:03 am

I laugh when I think about how bad the comments were about plus during the middle of last year. I am sure that people now find that it is an awesome service. I have been a member since almost the beginning of it. No regrets!

yazter said:

February 27th, 6:04 am

OMG! This is awesome! I can’t wait for the Dead Nation update. And awesome Vita collection :D

(I hate going off topic here but can you check into the CoD: Ghosts Season Pass issue? It says I can’t download the new map pack. I’m not the only one experiencing this :()

BurritoAssassin9 said:

February 27th, 6:05 am

Very nice! Dead Nation on the PS3 was a great little title. Kinda wish the Vita selection was a bit better; Freedom Unite is a PSP title, if I recall? Still, a lot to download!

On another note, is it known when we’ll receive our PS Vita PLAY bonuses?

GTfig said:

February 27th, 6:05 am

Nice! Definitely gonna check out Tomb Raider.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

February 27th, 12:48 pm

You should! I really enjoyed it.

andyscout said:

February 27th, 6:05 am

Is Thomas Was Alone cross buy?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

February 27th, 12:49 pm

Thomas Was Alone AND Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut are cross-buy, so you get both versions! This month is really awesome if you’re a Vita owner :)

HDTimzki said:

February 27th, 6:06 am

Guys, please add some more PS4 content! We all want it! #4theplayers

Vcheese said:

February 27th, 6:06 am

Nothing for me here except for dead nation on PS4. A poor month if you ask me.

cero-oscuro said:

February 27th, 6:08 am

Looks great, can’t wait to play Tomb Raider!

Rum_Geoff said:

February 27th, 6:09 am

Will Lone Survivor have cross buy for the Vita version? Thanks!

TYruler50 said:

February 27th, 6:09 am

If my subscription ended today, I wouldn’t renew until I see what April was offering lol

CandyAzulaChan said:

February 27th, 6:10 am

Tomb Raider.. That is Unbelievably awesome !!!! <3 Have not Played it yet

RE_Player said:

February 27th, 6:10 am

Dead Nation makes the month worth it alone.

ALLberson said:

February 27th, 6:11 am

A great month for Vita owners.

oFlanada said:

February 27th, 6:11 am

Awesome, looks like this month will have me turning off my PS4 and firing up the PS3 for the great free titles again. Can’t wait until we get a larger catalog of games on PS4. I don’t like going back to my PS3. Dead Nation is a fun game though so I’ll probably play through that again.

neuropunk said:

February 27th, 6:11 am

Extremely happy I am no longer a Plus member with all the mediocre games as of the last several months.

Mobius2525 said:

February 27th, 6:11 am

I never even finish Dead Nation on PS3 but this time i will make sure to finish it on PS4.

caiomenudo13 said:

February 27th, 6:11 am

Kinda disappointed with Dead Nation.
Still, great month for the PS3 and VITA. I’ve always wanted to play a Monster Hunter game but never got the chance to buy one. Lone Survivor and Unit 13 also look great.

unbornsoldier said:

February 27th, 6:12 am

Great lineup!

Even though I don’t own a vita.

And played all those games on ps3.

I’m excited for dead nation on ps4 :D hope it adds some new exciting features,and hopefully can be played online with more than 2 players.

Haven’t beat Thomas was alone or lone survivor but both seem like great indies.

Tomb raider is a must play! Best tomb raider to date.

Loved every second of it.

Follow me on gamer flesh on Facebook.

And once again great job ps team! Looking forward to dead nation ps4 and all the other content

croze__ said:

February 27th, 6:13 am

So if Thomas was alone and lone survivor are cross buy then vita owners get 3 games and a PSP game. RIP the days where EU PS+ was superior to U.S PS+.

KiLLz4Twinkies said:

February 27th, 6:13 am

Awesome lineup for PS3. I know PS4 system just came out but any timeline as to when we start seeing newer games rather than years old PC ports that look worse than they did in 2010?

jonjon0890 said:

February 27th, 6:13 am

Is the Tomb Raider Bundle free or a stand alone digital title.

FerrettKiller said:

February 27th, 6:13 am

Awesome list of games. Cant wait.

johnnyp70 said:

February 27th, 6:13 am

Excellent lineup. There are many people out there without a PS4, so I’m sure Tomb Raider will get some play.

wally_mammoth said:

February 27th, 6:14 am

Bought Lone Survivor and Thomas was Alone for ps vita during one of the January sales. They are both great games. Excited for Tomb Raider and Dead Nation! Thanks!

jamonxin said:

February 27th, 6:14 am

More Couch Co-Op Please!!!

Cinderkin said:

February 27th, 6:14 am

Kristine,

Can you please remind the Playstation store team to remove “Quantum Conundrum” from Tomb Raider before you release it for free. Every time the game has gone on sale anyone who already owned QC couldn’t purchase TR. I think it would be a good idea to avoid any issue this coming Tuesday when we all try and download Tomb Raider.

Thanks for the great update.

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

February 27th, 6:14 am

Thanks a lot for the preview! I was almost afraid that we won’t get Tomb Raider and would get some other cheap game!
Always try to keep up with EU, please!

joseduval said:

February 27th, 6:15 am

@Rum_Geoff: It looks like the title you are asking about will be cross-buy:

” Bonus! Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut are Cross-Buy titles, so you’ll get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of those games.”

Last month was a great month for PS+ users and this month looks great as well! Keep it up!

Monterossa said:

February 27th, 6:15 am

Tomb Raider doesn’t have an option to inverse X-axis so I can’t play it anyway.

why western developers do this all the time? shouldn’t be hard to implement something basic like reversing both axis.

jhernandez360 said:

February 27th, 6:15 am

Please make bigger PS VITA memory cards

brpimenta1 said:

February 27th, 6:15 am

Nice!!! Ps Plus gets better every month.

yoshdawg said:

February 27th, 6:17 am

Unit 13! Time to dust off and charge up the Vita.

Excited to snag Thomas Was Alone too. Heard it’s pretty cool.

ScaryRhinos said:

February 27th, 6:17 am

Thoroughly confused as to how these releases work and at what time! I just saw a link a couple of days ago saying that Mod Nation and Street Fighter Tekken amongst others were being released although I downloaded Mod Nation as part of last months PS plus games. I assume the difference is US and European releases (this article being the latter)? Is there a specific link, blog or twitter I can follow just for the European (UK) info? Thanks in advace guys.

rcastudios said:

February 27th, 6:17 am

Another amazing PS+ month. Am pumped for Dead Nation on PS4, as well as finally having Unit 13. Thanks Sony, keep it up! :)

zingakun said:

February 27th, 6:18 am

OMG, I believe this is the best month so far. A range variety of games. Thank you!!

chavez1138 said:

February 27th, 6:20 am

nothing for me this month, better luck next time… time to catch up with other games.

(I love PS Plus!)

RidleysBox said:

February 27th, 6:24 am

@32 jhernandez360,

I am using a 64GB Vita memory card, how big do you want?

detictiveconan said:

February 27th, 6:25 am

After reading the headline I was getting ready to come in and complain about getting another month of violent M rated shooter games but then I was Thomas was alone. I own It on PC and it’s so great I’ve been tempted to buy the PSN version to play though again for trophies.

I’m not usually into Horror games but Lone Surviver looks really interesting.

And As you can tell by my avatar I am of course a Monster Hunter fan,And therefore already own MH:FU, but I certainly will not complain about people getting to enjoy the greatest action Rpg on the Vita.

All in all this is a great line up to me.

xFuzylilManPeach said:

February 27th, 6:26 am

I was very pleased with February, March looks just as good! Cant wait!

ninth_prey said:

February 27th, 6:31 am

Holy mother of God!!!! Dead Nation! Nice! This month is awesome. But I have a question please. With Monster Hunter, is it only ad hoc that I can play with others or can I do it over wifi as well?

Thanks for the sweet sweet games this month!

terminode said:

February 27th, 6:31 am

Using a PS4 version of a less than great game you already gave away to people for the PSN outage as this month’s PS4 Plus offering is pretty weak, guys.

That said, the PS3’s Plus game selection is very nice, and it’s great to see NA continuing to maintain something approaching parity with EU’s offerings. Plus has seen a marked improvement over the past several months and I hope you guys keep it up.

Fardeenah said:

February 27th, 6:31 am

im glad i will be getting thoas was alone for vita too :D and unit 13, not bad.

Fertheseeker said:

February 27th, 6:34 am

Now I feel stupid I bought Tomb Raider in the January Sale….. but guess you can’t win every month…… I’ll be checking Lone Survivor not really interested in Monster Hunter or Unit 13

Crotin said:

February 27th, 6:35 am

Wow, great update

Malkavilis said:

February 27th, 6:36 am

I love PS+ everyday more! Thanks!

seraph979 said:

February 27th, 6:38 am

great selection. i already own most of these though. and i’m sad they didnt give the definitive PS4 version of tomb raider instead.

KidCommando said:

February 27th, 6:38 am

I don’t know how Sony manages to do it, but another great lineup this month. Can’t believe Tomb Raider already made it to the IGC. Also super hyped for Dead Nation on PS4!! Super Ultra Mega Awesome.

Man, the first year of Plus this blog only had a few Plus symbols next to players names. Now almost everyone has a Plus symbol. It is the BEST deal in gaming…keep it up!

geassuser87 said:

February 27th, 6:39 am

Got most Thomas Was Alone and Lone survivor during the sale somewhile back.

Got Tomb Raider during flash sale somewhile back too.

The only thing that Im interested in is Unit 13.

I wonder when will CAPCOM built a monster hunter for VITA. Might give MH:Freedom unite a spin, although last time I did that, I started playing God Eater 2 instead.

Great month though.