God of War

Mar 06

Mar 06

Watch_Dogs Coming to PS3, PS4 on May 27th, New Trailer

Michael Madavi's Avatar Posted by Content Producer, Ubisoft

We’re back online. Today, Watch_Dogs resumed communications with an all-new story trailer featuring our protagonist, Aiden Pearce, and our launch date!

Over the last few months, our development team has been working non-stop to fully realize their ambition and polish the Watch_Dogs experience to live up to gamers’ high expectations. We’ve been absolutely itching to show you more, and we’re finally ready to do just that.

In Watch_Dogs, Aiden Pearce — our clandestine vigilante — harnesses the smart city of Chicago using his smartphone. In addition to being a skilled hacker, Aiden can be quite persuasive in getting the information he needs using his wit, along with firearms, vehicles, and a stun baton.

However, in his work Aiden stumbles upon a dark underworld he was never meant to see — the cost of which takes a deadly toll on his family. Now, Aiden is hell-bent to exact his revenge on those who wronged him, and he’s using every tool at his disposal. The world he lives in is hyper-connected, with all elements of infrastructure under the surveillance and control of an omnipresent digital system — the Central Operating System (ctOS) — that Aiden has learned to manipulate at his will.

We’ve also met some of the other key players in Watch_Dogs’ story: a seductive enigma in Clara and a tinkering free-spirit in T-Bone; what remains to be seen is exactly how their paths will converge in Aiden’s quest for revenge and justice against those who wronged him. Together, they’re up against powerful moguls, ruthless crime lords, crooked cops, and other clandestine hackers — no small task.

Now, we know you’re hungry for more information. In just a short amount of time, we’ll be able to show you more of Watch_Dogs’ interweaving plot, breakthrough gameplay, and enhanced features. Trust us, it’s all fantastic. We’ll be releasing a multitude of new videos, plot pieces, and splices of information. To receive them, stay connected with Watch_Dogs on Facebook and Twitter.

Remember, everything is connected.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Gorvi said:

March 6th, 7:44 am

Well then, right on my birthday, nice. That makes three games coming on my birthday that I want (Sly Collection and MIND≒0 being the other two). :)

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

March 6th, 7:46 am

And now R* announces GTAV: GOTY edition will release for PS4 on June 3rd. Man that would suck for Ubi if they did that.

MakoSOLIDER said:

March 6th, 7:47 am

What drastic changed were made in the 6 months? Also that trailer is captured on last gen I assume? Doesn’t seem to look very next gen.

Tidusfanboy said:

March 6th, 7:49 am

Are the PS3 and PS4 bundles coming to America?

chavez1138 said:

March 6th, 7:50 am

@2 that would be so funny!

Vyprstryke said:

March 6th, 7:54 am

Agreed with 3. Looks like a big visual downgrade from what was shown at e3 last year. Hope that’s the ps3 version.

paulogy said:

March 6th, 7:54 am

Wow. As a movie or TV series I would most certainly watch this.

As a game, I sure hope it’s great. It certainly has the potential to be.

italodancemp3 said:

March 6th, 8:01 am

As usual no Vita!?!? Is there any Vita version for the future?

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

March 6th, 8:01 am

@Michael Madavi

is this PS3 version of the game? because it looks nothing like what i expected if it is PS4 version..

you guys should state whether its PS3 or PS4 trailer..

tylerh1701 said:

March 6th, 8:01 am

No console bundle like in EU?

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

March 6th, 8:05 am

so i guess the Exclusive Mission is timed since it said “First on PS” in the trailer

AOISHI_YAGAMI said:

March 6th, 8:06 am

I have pre ordered since last year, i cant wait! :D

MakoSOLIDER said:

March 6th, 8:14 am

@11 I think they said before that even though its timed Ubisoft has no plans to release it on other systems (same as ACIV).

JimmyHACK said:

March 6th, 8:15 am

Need confirmation that digital upgrade will still be offered. People bought digital ps3 preorder forever ago expecting original launch then upgrading to ps4.

wBENDERw said:

March 6th, 8:17 am

day one digital?

I cancelled my discounted ps3 disc order, to order on the psn

whens this coming take my money? =D

wBENDERw said:

March 6th, 8:18 am

sorry let me append

day one digital PS4? not PS3

hawjboi2009 said:

March 6th, 8:21 am

hey wBENDERw, yes sony will update it for ps4 soon as possible.. can’t wait to pre-order watch dogs in psn store whenever sony update it later.. whoo.. Watch dogs release May 27 sound great because May gonna be solid month including UFC 2014, MLB 14 the show.. i am not sure about Dying Light release date but i bet it release in April or June after E3

Matrix_Lion said:

March 6th, 8:23 am

It’s about time. Thanks for the info Ubisoft.

wBENDERw said:

March 6th, 8:27 am

@ hawjboi2009 oh that’s great news i cannot wait day one digital from this point on is a factor for me!

i cannot wait!!!!

PainOfSarrow said:

March 6th, 8:27 am

need to get this one for sure.

hawjboi2009 said:

March 6th, 8:29 am

yep wBENDERw, i love buy digital version on ps4 full games beside Indies games .. i don’t like trade ps4 games in toward purchase new release or pre-order games in future because i love having ps4 collection games on my ps4 library list

TwinDad said:

March 6th, 8:37 am

A release date, yea.

digeythedog said:

March 6th, 8:43 am

I hope their was some changes to the PS4 version… a upgrade in graphics at least?

mastorofpuppetz said:

March 6th, 8:47 am

Why is the bundle EU only? SCEA has to step up, US is the biggest battleground.

jonjon0890 said:

March 6th, 9:04 am

A Couple of questions.
Are you guys doing the PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade for Watch_Dogs?
What is file size for the digital version of Watch_Dogs on PS3/PS4?

boomstickbhg said:

March 6th, 9:05 am

I’ll believe a release date from you when it’s actually out that day, won’t be pre ordering anymore, I’ll just wait for a price drop after all the crud the fans have had to go through.

This was my launch title for the PS4, thanks for the very late last minute delay after I had paid off my PS4 with no way to get the money back from the store.

I wanted to play this for so long I’m now at the point of no longer caring.

Next time do a better job of releasing the most hyped launch title for a console, at it’s launch.

wBENDERw said:

March 6th, 9:08 am

@+ hawjboi2009 you think the psn version will come with the ’60 minutes of extra game play’ it should right lol?

iREVOLTER said:

March 6th, 9:17 am

My guess, this is no more the most Hyped and interesting game on 2014 list. Yes, still has some hype behind it, but not like it was 2 years ago than Ubi announced it. Not sure if i’ll go with this day 1. I better go with Division ;).

Welmosca said:

March 6th, 9:26 am

Hey very cool trailer….I’m looking forward to play Watch Dogs(game seems to be a rival to Assassin’s when it comes to open-world amazing game)but I really don’t care if it gets delayed….you guys can and should take your time.BTW I appreciate that you guys will release a bunch of videos but please don’t release much spoilers….focus on free roam gameplay,the previous videos you guys released are great.

PS:I don’t like that Clara girl…her tattoo is the worst possible.

mastorofpuppetz said:

March 6th, 9:52 am

@26 stop crying, better to delay get the game right then rush it out.

cmdluke said:

March 6th, 9:56 am

After E3 last year, when I rushed to see Watch Dogs on the first day of the show and the demo was exactly the same as the Sony Press Conference demo and they didn’t talk about anything for the game, and then the delays, I really lost interest in this game.

Now this trailer has brought me back a bit. seeing a bit more of the story side, it’s quite intriguing. I don’t have anything else on my radar for the summer so this very well could be my next game after inFamous: Second Son.

caiomenudo13 said:

March 6th, 10:05 am

Great trailer! I lost the hype after the delay but this trailer got it all back. This is definitely going to be the game i’m going to play after Infamous Second Son. Kinda disappointed with the graphics though, I hope this trailer was made on the PS3 version.

@8 sorry man, but the vita could never run this game, so i’m pretty sure that there is not going to be a version for this console.

PainOfSarrow said:

March 6th, 10:20 am

also great trailer. to gangsta, hope its as good as it looks. watch dogs is hyped up to the core.

Falaut said:

March 6th, 10:28 am

I hope that gameplay was from last gen version, because if its not it seems like a downgrade from what I’ve seen up to this point.

LUCIFERSGLEAM said:

March 6th, 10:29 am

Wow the graphics have taken a major hit.

From_Concentrate said:

March 6th, 10:39 am

Sorry to say but i’ve cancelled my pre-order. May pick it up after the price drop if i’ve got nothing else to play.

MussiBR said:

March 6th, 10:46 am

Please, seriously, tell me that this is a PS3 trailer!
If this is a PS4 trailer, the 6 months was to downgrade the game?

Senjutsu_Dav said:

March 6th, 11:04 am

@#2: It wouldnt change a thing I’m sure. GTAV was nice first then ok at best after a while. Nothing compared the the others. Also, they won’t change the graphics if they do a GTAV goty edition for PS4, they would surely simply upgrade the resolution and some small tweeks, nothing more or the cost would be too high to get profitable.

For the topic: Wow It’s looking awesome! Frankly after I finished GTAV I didn’t wanted another sandbox type game. But this trailer got me going again, I’m now really happy that I pre-ordered this baby!

PS: The games I’ll play all summer? Infamous Second Son and Watch Dogs! ^_^

FearMonkey said:

March 6th, 11:13 am

Add me to the list of people hoping the footage in the trailer was from the PS3 version. That’s a severe downgrade if those are from the PS4 version.

Also, interesting to note that even in Chicago there are French Canadians. :p

EvoAnubis said:

March 6th, 11:21 am

Sounds good to me; this is the game that made me want to get a current gen system in the first place and the sooner I can play it, the happier I’ll be.

Any chance of us getting a demo before launch?

Junguler said:

March 6th, 11:24 am

finally, but still to much of a wait, release it already.

Kchow23 said:

March 6th, 11:27 am

I hope the delay was worthwhile! Can’t wait to finally play :)

D-E-L-T-A said:

March 6th, 11:33 am

Well I hope by the time this game comes out the price has dropped back to $59.99 for us Canadians because if not, this will be one more game that I will not be buying new ! This is BS Canadian Government

tusunami said:

March 6th, 11:40 am

Say what this game is too hype, I like that multiplayer games are getting a twist to them. With Kz Shadowfall,Watch Dogs, Evolve, Destiny, Titanfall. Bringing completely new experiences to multiplayer besides the same ol thing.

dodgedoors said:

March 6th, 11:44 am

@Boomstick, normally I think that when you are mad you go a little over the top with your criticism but I must agree with you here. with all the time that passed I will wait for a sale. It was going to be Day 1 with the system.

D-Squad3 said:

March 6th, 12:06 pm

What happened to the graphics? The debut looked so much better. :(

MarinoBrea said:

March 6th, 12:16 pm

This is not the same game you revealed last E3 and the E3 before it. That game was worth $60 on Nov.22, 2013. This one is looking more like $30 right now.

diablo103 said:

March 6th, 12:19 pm

WOW what happened?? This game looks like rubbish. It looks like there has been a significant downgrade in graphics. AC3 all over again.

pablofsi08 said:

March 6th, 12:45 pm

Skilled hacker out for revenge? I don’t like this character.

gamerholic said:

March 6th, 12:47 pm

That trailer is showing the PS3 version of the game guys, calm down.

PAGE 1 2