God of War

Mar 11

Mar 11

TowerFall Ascension Out Today on PS4

Matt Thorson's Avatar Posted by Indie Game Developer, Matt Makes Games Inc

Today’s the day! TowerFall Ascension is finally launching on PS4. TowerFall is an archery platformer featuring intense local multiplayer battles and a dynamic solo — or co-op — Quest mode. Grab your friends and pack onto your couch for a night of close calls, surprise victories, and hilarious missteps.

The reviews began rolling in a few days ago, and I’m absolutely floored by the response. I’m not usually one to put a lot of stock in those dubious numbers emblazoned in bold at the bottom of articles, but I can’t deny it feels good to see the 9.5’s.

Making TowerFall has been the most rewarding experience of my life. When I put love into the
game, I see it returned to me tenfold by the TowerFall community, and it only appears to be growing.

I also had the privilege of working with some incredibly talented, capable, and pleasant people. I want to thank the entire team by name. Kevin Regamey and Jeff Tangsoc (sound design), Pedro Medeiros (pixel art), Amora Bettany (character design and concept art), Alec Holowka (music), and Kert Gartner (trailers).

TowerFall AscensionTowerFall Ascension

I also want to thank Sickhead Games, Nick Suttner, John Sanders, and all of Sony’s Third Party Production and PR teams for their support and genuine enthusiasm for the game. Everyone involved from the core team to Sony and Sickhead loves this game and it shows.

Thank you for playing!

Matt
@MattThorson

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

EGGS_ONE said:

March 12th, 6:45 am

I was charged 14.99 for this. Wasnt it 11.99 for Plus members?

smashstation said:

March 12th, 6:52 am

This is exactly what I would like to play, I love local co-op. I am not sure but there is no discount posted on TowerFall for PS members and I don’t see Lone Survivor as a free download/

rashada07 said:

March 12th, 7:04 am

uolliac said:

March 12th, 7:43 am

wow … so im finally able to purchase this because its no where on the psn page (not promoted well).
Purchased it at 14.99, and there is NO ONLINE multiplayer. What the hell?!

This game is lots of fun, time trials and quest mode for single player….
but it really doesnt beat multiplayer.
Had I known this at the time of purchase i would not have purchased this.

wait for a lower price or the hopefully soon patch for online mode

JenovaWitness said:

March 12th, 7:54 am

Do some research before you buy, or at least read a little what the game is about. If you did, you’d know the game has no online multiplayer.

Anyways, get it together Sony, and update the store. This game should have been on sale for PS Plus users yesterday and awesomenauts should have been taken off the spring sale page on the 10th.

Lacerz said:

March 12th, 8:30 am

I’m holding off on purchasing until Sony gives us the discount they promised. Not to take away from the dev, but a discount is a discount, and I want mine.

JSmash7 said:

March 12th, 9:50 am

Where is the reduced PS+ price for this game. I refuse to buy until it is fixed. The price drop was supposed to go live with the game yesterday.

KimDongHwan said:

March 12th, 10:09 am

Yes, same here, waiting for the discount… how long until its updated!

SkyfireDawn said:

March 12th, 11:03 am

C’mon sony, where’s the discount???

JustenV said:

March 12th, 11:36 am

Glad to see it is up, just want the price advertised for plus members now.

Symbiotx said:

March 12th, 11:40 am

I love this game, but I really wish there was online multiplayer. I really want to play it with some friends across the country.

I paid full price for it, what’s with the delay on PS+ discount?

ILL_MITCH said:

March 12th, 1:11 pm

Wanting to check this out late last night, I paid full price for it.

I can see why it gets so much hype. It’s a great concept, and fun in a hectic sense. That said, if you have no couch-buddies (something I think developers STRONGLY over-estimate these days) it merely hovers right around “Cute, but kind of a plain experience.” Sort of like Super Crate Box.

I do not regret buying it (or supporting the dev) but it’s not all that charming by yourself. (it is a little, just not worthy of all the hype.)

TranceformerFX said:

March 12th, 1:56 pm

“TowerFall Ascension Out Today on PS4” (03/11)

Uh, really? Because today is March 12th and I still don’t see it anywhere on PSN for PS4. You’re either leading people on/trolling or there’s a miscommunication here. Either way, Towerfall is totally NOT “out today”…..

DiddyWaDiddy said:

March 12th, 2:15 pm

Also not seeing the sale price for PS Plus.

superthegoose said:

March 12th, 2:34 pm

I had to search for this game to find it in the store and the PS+ discount isn’t listed, so I’m waiting…

ownagepro said:

March 12th, 2:42 pm

Not buying it until I get my discount

ZeroX9876 said:

March 12th, 3:01 pm

I’m still waiting for the discount Sony, C’mon!!!

is there going to be the same delay for steamworld Dig and Fez?

My friend bought it and he wants to know, will he get the difference refunded when the PS plus discount kicks in?

Aquablak said:

March 12th, 3:42 pm

Even if they don’t have an answer yet, Sony should acknowledge people’s concerns.
I’m waiting for the update to buy Towerfall, myself. The devs can’t be too thrilled with this hiccup, I’m sure, as the longer people wait, the hype can cool off and some people will forget about the game and just move on.

william_bell said:

March 12th, 4:05 pm

Any news as to when I can play it here in Europe?cant wait for it,for real.what is the reason of the delay?

Seiven said:

March 12th, 4:11 pm

Still no plus price update?

X1xVITAx1X said:

March 12th, 4:25 pm

Looks awesome brother! Beyond!!!!

G-MAG said:

March 12th, 4:32 pm

It annoys the hell out of me that probably more than one person from Sony have read this thread AND NOT A SINGLE ONE took the time to address our issues such as when will the update take place and or if we will receive our entitled refund for the in case we purchased it at full price… The hype for this game is HUGE and you guys couldnt deliver… I was gonna buy straight but I’m thinking the hype train already left… store updates should me at the most 12:01 pst… not almost at the end of a Tuesday or in this case 7:00 pm est and STILL no update…

EJStrat said:

March 12th, 4:50 pm

Bummer that so many people bought the game without the PS+ discount listed, in my experience, customer service will be very sorry, but unable to refund. I’ve been keeping my eye on this game, but as I only have one controller, and maybe one day out of the month with a chance to get couch co-op going, Towerfall Ascension will have to be a no-go for me unless they someday add online multiplayer. I’m very surprised that they didn’t add that feature with this release, seems like the most obvious addition to me, but then I think “they” is one person who may not even know how to go about doing something like that.

Hooligantuan said:

March 12th, 5:05 pm

Not a very compelling preview video. :/

Very light on gameplay footage, high on dramatic, fantasy voice-overs and illustrations.

Chotang said:

March 12th, 5:40 pm

It is excruciating to see this on PS4 and not PS3… also… I bought OUYA for YOU, Matt….. for YOU!!!

Congrats on the game, but a PS3/OUYA update would make me and many others I know extremely happy.

For the past year, me and the dudes have lost many a night to Towerfall. All the best.

Chotang said:

March 12th, 5:43 pm

Also, player profiles (for all three platforms). I don’t let anyone touch the Turncloak so it doesn’t mess up my stats!!!!

Realsvi said:

March 12th, 5:44 pm

For some reason when I look at the playstation store from my ps4 the game don’t show up, but when I search for it manually, it does. However, only the none PS+ version. I don’t see the PS+ version with the discount anywhere (the 11$ one). Anyone have this issue?

G-MAG said:

March 12th, 6:08 pm

@127 Thats because as of 8:35 pm on a WEDNESDAY Sony has yet to update the store, hence no PS+ discount is reflected yet

SkyfireDawn said:

March 12th, 9:08 pm

Would love a response from the devs about this. C’mon sony, I wanna give you my money but I want my discount first.

gontizzle said:

March 12th, 9:52 pm

Likewise, waiting for the ‘proper’ PS Store update. Towerfall Ascension was supposed to be discounted for PS+ members, and Lone Survivor was supposed to be free yesterday. Neither is the case.

RyansInc said:

March 12th, 10:52 pm

Not purchasing anymore. Looking forward to Mercenary Kings.

SpooNManX said:

March 12th, 11:11 pm

Damn… not only is there no new update, but Sony removed last week’s sales too.

I figured since this update didn’t work I had a chance to buy the 3 Need For Speed games for $5 each. I placed them in the cart without really paying attention and nearly spent $60 instead of $15!!!

Has Sony given any reason for this?
Maybe they will make up for this issue by giving us mp3 and DNLA options for the PS4… no? I didn’t think so.

juni1512 said:

March 13th, 1:29 am

So, I’m from germany and there is no towerfall game in the store? Where is it? If I follow the link on towerfall-game.com (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/towerfall-ascension/cid=UP2120-CUSA00466_00-0000TOWERFALLPS4) It says Error. Anyone in europe can access it?

G-MAG said:

March 13th, 4:23 am

So update for Wednesday? yeah right… Thursday and STILL a no show… tick tock Sony… you are losing customers…. AT LEAST give a decent response to us

a_striped_lombax said:

March 13th, 6:52 am

dont you guys find it odd that no podcast came out either for the last couple weeks?

Alex_2772 said:

March 13th, 9:31 am

PS3?? Any chance??

JustenV said:

March 13th, 9:40 am

Hmmmm. Starting to wonder why they won’t give details as to why they haven’t updated the store completely even with two extra days.

SkyfireDawn said:

March 13th, 9:49 am

C’mon sony I wanna give you my money but I want my discount first!!!

Apollos2008 said:

March 13th, 9:54 am

Sony has done an awful job setting our expectations! If there is a huge problem then let us, your customers know and give us a proper ETA when it will be fixed… stop giving us vague once a day tweets telling us you are working on it…

I would rather have the truth and have proper expectations set than to be lied to two days in a row! If you don’t have an ETA then tell us….

Customer since ps1 and this has been an awful customer experience.

RogueLeader1101 said:

March 13th, 10:06 am

Where is the Playstation Plus pricing?! it is coming up on 48 hours later and while towerfall is up and purchasable, why is the pricing not correct? Why is there no ongoing communication? How long does it take someone in the PR department to send out a tweet letting us know that it is being worked on, and continue to let us know until it is fixed? Yeah, it was great to hear that “…we’re aware and working on it…” but that was yesterday.

I could have bought Towerfall on Steam yesterday for $12 and some change and used my DS4 to play it, but I want to support development on the Playstation 4. I’m loving the wide array of games and I want to support that as well as the perks of Playstation Plus.

Apollos2008 said:

March 13th, 10:12 am

I 2nd RogueLeader… I’m a huge PC gamer and have several games on steam… I could purchase towerfall via steam and get the discount but I would rather support ps4 + get some of my money back from having to pay 50.00 per year just to play online games…. which I don’t have to pay via steam but yet the game is “still” discounted lol… get your PR dept. on track… this is the 21st century and dissatisfied customers take this kind of nonsense to their twitter, facebook, and blogs… very unprofessional!

smashstation said:

March 13th, 10:44 am

I am confused, why is the game not out with the proper pricing for PS PLUS, also it can only be found with a manual search. Why advertise a certain date and then go quite about it, how hard is it to update a price point for a digital item.

I’ve noticed this before with monthly PS PLUS games that would not go free for days after their advertised announcement. Obviously it’s not the worst thing in the world but it is disappointing for gamers to look at a banner that advertises a game to come out next week when that next week is already half way in :)

G-MAG said:

March 13th, 12:10 pm

Dont you guys love it when the ONLY comments being made from someone within Sony are to say how good a game is? Thursday 2:38pm est and still not a single info about wth is going on… not even a tweet saying what is going on…. so much for the Wednesday target date huh? PSN sucking once more… btw PR department simply blows… no other explanation…

SkyfireDawn said:

March 13th, 12:33 pm

Looks like the store updated but it still doesn’t reflect plus discount…

BearAntlers said:

March 13th, 1:00 pm

Sale price is live. go get it!

smashstation said:

March 13th, 3:09 pm

It’s out, we are loving it

andreejd said:

March 13th, 4:27 pm

sorry if the question is stupid but where can i get this? is it in the ps store? i’m getting a ps4 soon and i wanna get this game

juni1512 said:

March 14th, 12:27 am

Yeah still not there in EU! What is going on Sony?

Realsvi said:

March 14th, 1:52 am

Well damn. I bought Towerfall before it was updated with the PS+ thinking that I may have been mistaken and it wasn’t getting the PS+ pricing since the store was updated, both on web and PS4 and on neither it didn’t have the PS+ pricing. I know it’s only 3$, but it would have been nice to use my PS+ privileges.

Still a fun game though.

MOh-hagh_444 said:

March 14th, 2:10 am

I need a best gamer for play game. thanks

PAGE 1 2 3