PlayStation VR

Mar 16

Mar 16

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for March 18th, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Singe the rainy streets of Seattle with neon footprints, or sneak through a military compound as a legendary hero; it’s a colossal week for gaming, as both inFAMOUS Second Son and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes arrive on PlayStation.

Sucker Punch’s critically-acclaimed, open-world series continues this coming Friday with inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4. Imbued with incredible powers, protagonist Delsin Rowe clashes against the Department of Unified Protection in glorious displays of smoke and neon. Fight the oppressive institution, expand Delsin’s super-human abilities, and explore a massive digital Seattle along the way.

For fans of stealth and political intrigue, the next chapter in Hideo Kojima’s sweeping espionage action series arrives on Tuesday. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which serves as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain, finds Big Boss infiltrating a military base in Cuba. With a redesigned interface, multiple missions, and a new open-world design, Ground Zeroes promises an unrivaled degree of freedom in the Metal Gear universe.

For a complete list of games and demos coming this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
inFAMOUS Second Son
Luftrausers
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition
Steamworld Dig
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The beloved RPGs find new life with a sweeping visual update and new content. Follow Tidus and Yuna on their fated quest through Spira, and challenge foes with one of the richest battle systems in Final Fantasy history.
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Coming Friday)
Guide Delsin Rowe through the rainy streets of Seattle, and revel in his extraordinary powers along the way. Fight the Department of Unified Protection with sizzling smoke and crackling neon blasts, and traverse the sprawling cityscape at dazzling speeds.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Take to the skies in Vlambeer’s retro arcade shooter. Battle enemy planes and battleships with more than 125 different weapon combinations, and tackle more than 100 missions of daring and danger. Become the most legendary Rauser pilot in the world.
PS3, PS4 — Digital, Retail
The world-renowned stealth series continues with Hideo Kojima’s latest vision of espionage action. Snake infiltrates a Cuban military base, giving players a new degree of freedom to tackle missions in a variety of ways.
PS4 — Digital
A fast-paced, stealth platformer, Stealth Inc. challenges players’ wits at every shadowy turn. The Ultimate Edition features all 80 original levels, along with the 40 included in the Teleporter Chambers and The Lost Clones expansions. Survive the mission, and create unique death rooms in the full-featured level editor.
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Plunge into the underground to find dangers and untold riches in this mining platformer. As lone mining steambot Rusty, explore a vast world rife with treasure, and discover the remnants of human civilization. Randomized worlds with emergent play and challenges.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
An outrageous comic book take on the world of Ninja Gaiden, send Yaiba through a sea of zombies and cut down everything in his path. With a ninja blade and brutal cyborg enhancements, Yaiba will rip, crush, slice, and stomp his way towards revenge.

Demos and Betas

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 12:42 pm

@neuropunk no I can’t link proof but I do know where you can find proof look for sakura minsmidas blog about it all the details of the final fantasy x/x2 hd release is there all you need to do is a little bit of research.

SDkngsht said:

March 17th, 12:54 pm

finally ready to get my hands on Infamous.

anyone know if Stealth Inc is a cross buy for those who had it on PS3?

SoopaMan2K said:

March 17th, 12:55 pm

I got inFAMOUS pre-ordered, just wish Metal Gear and FFHD was too($10 Credit). Oh well, when I get in from work tomorrow, I have a lot to download.

Devil240Z said:

March 17th, 2:23 pm

Dying for a racing game on PS4. Driveclub or GT or something good!

agw1caveman said:

March 17th, 3:07 pm

Beyond! So is the store going to update again on Friday for Infamous whats going on with it?

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 3:23 pm

What are the chances of the update going live tonight at midnight when it becomes tuesday? I really want to dive right into final fantasy x as soon as possible.

Kain-Highwind said:

March 17th, 4:04 pm

Cannot wait this week is amazing!
FFx/x2 for vita tomorrow and Infamous Second Son Friday!
Thank you Ryan!
Beyond!!

Shadic94 said:

March 17th, 4:15 pm

Why can I not pre order GZ on my ps4

flyersfan2627 said:

March 17th, 6:24 pm

Hey I was wondering what time games normally added to the PlayStation Store? Because I was hoping to have MGS Ground Zeroes downloaded before I leave for school in the morning.

supergamekh1 said:

March 17th, 6:46 pm

How about Sony releases a new system patch already, or has the whole 1.61 bricking people’s PS4 systems escaped their memory, hard to be excited for any of these games when my system can’t do basic tasks because of that broken update, read your forums support page Sony, it’ll help all of us quite alot!

dabnikkapleeze said:

March 17th, 8:43 pm

Does Final fantasy X/HD release on the psn tonight?

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 8:58 pm

@dabnikka it’s possible if the PlayStation store updates but not sure I staying up all night to find out.

wushdishmeen said:

March 17th, 9:55 pm

Ground Zeroes just went up on PS4 store. Already almost done downloading thank god!… but only 4GB so it must be real short.

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 10:10 pm

Well it’s Tuesday already seen some changes to the ps store hopefully final fantasy x/x2 hd goes up soon.

Dr-Jones104 said:

March 17th, 10:15 pm

Still no Final Fantasy X/X2 really want to play them right now. Come on sony. I read somewhere that Final Fantasy X/X2 is already life on the EU store. It almost seems like EU has it act together more than USA store which is really sad.

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 10:20 pm

@drjones I think they are working on adding things to the store now I noticed some changes already the European store is on different times than us so that’s probably why it is already live there.

ytl1986 said:

March 17th, 10:39 pm

03:18 will be the day to travel to Ground Zeroes and back To Zanarkand.

Dr-Jones104 said:

March 17th, 10:40 pm

@+XxMalfoyXx I hope soo I am really looking forward to playing them again. I hope they show up soon instead of tomorrow afternoon/evening.

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 17th, 10:44 pm

@drjones yes I hope so as well like I said I noticed a few changes to the is store final fantasy x/x2 are my favorites out of that entire series so I know how you feel.

reapergrim24 said:

March 18th, 12:27 am

its march 18th i stayed up for the release i guess its not a midnight release :*(

Dr-Jones104 said:

March 18th, 12:33 am

Sad to see the Final Fantasy X/X2 was not added to the store looks like it will be added latter today hopefully we won’t have another store update like last week.

himuradrew said:

March 18th, 3:09 am

I’m grabbing FFX/X-2 HD for the Vita, so at least I can play when the wife goes to bed. Missed these gems during the PS2 days and this is my first time to actually play them. Can’t wait to experience these games for the first time.

nnamdug said:

March 18th, 4:36 am

Does anyone know why it’s not on playstation store yet? EU store has it for pre-order for the 21st, but since us release is today the 18th, why is it not anywhere to be seen?

XxMalfoyXx said:

March 18th, 4:59 am

@172 the store probably hasn’t even updated yet.

Telkeus said:

March 18th, 6:05 am

9:00 EST and no update. Sorry guys looks like there’s going to be a wait. Anyway, Sony is there any chance we could be given an approximate standard so we don’t wait up all night like it looks as though some have or end up getting up early and not being able to start?

mustermann2k9 said:

March 18th, 6:36 am

No need to get worried guys. The PSN store usually doesn’t update before noon. With that said, you can expect to download the games at about 12:00 CST. Another important notice: Those who are waiting for the digital vita version of FFX/X-2 will have wait a couple of hours longer. I have no idea why, but the Vita store always updates later than the PS3 store. If you have a PS3, you can simply download the Vita game there and transfer it to your handheld. Let’s hope Sony won’t let us down today and get their stores updated at noon.

inferno_blaze5 said:

March 18th, 7:13 am

Cant wait to try the new metal gear hope its gonna be awesome

CallnMrMojoRisin said:

March 18th, 8:10 am

Yaiba looks awesome, but I am definitely getting J-Stars from the Japanese store tonight!

jcano_60 said:

March 18th, 9:31 am

Where is this game on psn?

leadmass said:

March 18th, 9:41 am

Sure wish some good games would come out for the ps4. I did not spend a crap load of money on an “advanced next gen game console” to play freakin atari style indi games. If they would have given us backwards compatibility, ps3 to ps4, we would have good games to play. SONY FIX THE DAMN BLUETOOTH ON PS4 SO I CAN USE THE SONY EARPIECES, I AM SICK OF THIS WIRED THING GETTING IN MY WAY WHILE PLAYING A GAME.

Forcefly said:

March 18th, 10:32 am

Is FFX going to be on the psn store for ps3? All I see is vita

Bos47 said:

March 18th, 1:42 pm

When will Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster be available on the PS Store for the PS3?

wushdishmeen said:

March 18th, 2:48 pm

All I can say is HOoooollly Crap. Ground Zeroes on the PS4 BLEW my friggin mind…. the FOX Engine is just so sick looking and it feels so real. It’s almost spooky.

StrawhatLuffy987 said:

March 18th, 3:49 pm

Still no digital release for Final Fantasy

BahumatIsBack said:

March 18th, 3:52 pm

You would have thought that after last week’s 2 day late store update without keeping us in the loop with a time frame you guys would have made sure the store was updated on time this week.

When do I need to check back? Later tonight? Tomorrow? Next week?

Seriously get your act together. And before the trolls come out this isn’t the only problem I’ve been having with Sony. It’s just the current one so keep your fanboy comments to yourself. Paying customer right here

DrGabenator said:

March 18th, 4:51 pm

This is ridiculous… Last week the store updated 2 days late and I’ve been preparing for FFX/X2 for a while now. I’d really like to play it already. C’mon Sony…

Dude_Largepants said:

March 18th, 5:38 pm

This is pathetic. Its after 8pm est and still no update. Is there a plan to extend the spend $60 get $10 deal or are we going to get dogged in multiple ways?

FranklynStreet said:

March 18th, 5:57 pm

Again the weekly update is late. Again the biggest problem is that there is 0% communication about it on the home site.

IMRavnos said:

March 18th, 6:44 pm

What annoys the hell out of me is that if you login and go to the store, there is no way to know if it has been updated unless you know for sure what is supposed to be new. Maybe they could have an option to see the status of the store that shows the date and time it was updated so I don’t have to turn on my PS3, login to the network, click on the Playstation Store, wait for it to take forever to load and open ( HATE the new store the old one was far superior ) and then scrounge around the store to determine if it has updated or not.

So annoying.

ROIZENGH said:

March 19th, 4:54 am

I bought and download MGSV GZ for PS4 day one there was no pre-order option for the PS4 version do I get the mother base codes? Or just people who preordered the PS3 version???

cjheat2905 said:

March 19th, 9:01 pm

i have to say that sony is killing microsoft with these games. The xboxone never had a chance.

PAGE 1 2 3 4