Paragon

Mar 28

Mar 28

PlayStation Store EA Flash Sale Starts Now

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone! March is almost over and time is flying by. Take a break this weekend and grab some great PS3 games from EA at up to 75% off. The Flash Sale starts right now and ends on Monday, March 31st at 12:00 p.m. Pacific.

We’ve got a little bit of something for everyone with top EA games like Battlefield 4, EA Sports FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Dead Space 3 Ultimate Edition, Need for Speed Rivals and more available at some sweet discounts over the next couple of days. Check out the full lineup below.

EA Flash Sale

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition $3.99 $14.99
NCAA Football 14 $24.99 $49.99
Need for Speed Rivals $29.99 $59.99
NFL Blitz $7.49 $14.99
NHL 14 $29.99 $49.99
Shank 2 $4.99 $9.99

What EA games are you going to pick up this weekend? The Flash Sale starts now and ends Monday, March 31st at 12:00 p.m. Pacific, so don’t miss out.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

March 28th, 11:11 pm

Is hard to get this copy on ps3

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

March 28th, 11:12 pm

ill keep looking

corposque said:

March 28th, 11:28 pm

I bought battlefield 4 at 8:35 pm. 28th march. It didn’t let me upgrade it to the ps4 version. It said the content cannot be selected at this time. Please help.

grumps-chino said:

March 28th, 11:44 pm

i have a question, NFL blitz still available to play online??? i need and answer please… i want this game…

PrimeroIncognito said:

March 28th, 11:51 pm

@ Swotam

They had to update the store in order to implement the Flash Sale. Of course it updated today.

The PS4 upgrade was probably in the process of being taken down and Chieh wasn’t made aware of it. That’s all there is to it. Miscommunication is likely the culprit, as usual.

And, as I’m sure you know, with Sony’s ancient infrastructure, it takes a long time for new data to be uploaded and refreshed to be in harmony with the corresponding press.

Yes, they should have had everything straightened out before going live with a blog post, but people really gotta calm down and use their heads. Only the PS3 version was meant to be on sale. Did you really think they would let you exploit the upgrade program like that? So, are you guys mad that you couldn’t exploit them? Then you call them greedy? I think the kids trying to exploit the system are greedy. A system that was designed to benefit the consumer to begin with! Ugh… anyway…

Don’t worry. They’ll find a remedy.

yabrokehomie said:

March 29th, 2:36 am

@126 I didn’t mean an actual update. Things like these sales like with flash sales and the problems that your having get taken down late in the day. Same reason I couldn’t buy Tomb Raider and Thief, I was just too late. Kept trying and trying. The guy above me explains it a lot better. Sales might be listed on your system, but online on the pc they will no longer show or will just give you errors. They were in the progress of being taken down. This happens with all their sales all the time. Error after error. Chieh Chen thought it was and it appeared to be live. He said it will work as long as it’s live act fast. You snooze, you loose.

yabrokehomie said:

March 29th, 2:45 am

Sadly, none of these deals interest me. I already have five of these games. So, I’ll wait for another PS4 flash sale. Lego The Movie, Fifa, or even Madden would be sweet.

jabberwockgee said:

March 29th, 3:44 am

@IXxHIJACKERxXI Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale on amazon right now for $10.

thebgj said:

March 29th, 6:27 am

what is included in the dead space 3 ultimate game?

every store that sells video games has it for 19.99 new. but it only says limited edition…its been that price for over 2 months now..just curious as to why its 34 bucks on sale here

Wonderclutch said:

March 29th, 7:47 am

I also got burned by this BF4 PS3->PS4 digital upgrade. Cost me 24.99 to learn. “This content is not available at this moment”. Yeah,right. Thank you very much.

Gaara436 said:

March 29th, 8:29 am

call support they send i repeat this they said…. “It ended on march 20, 2014 to upgrade battlefiled 4 to ps4” if you look on internet and on ps4 banner and details stats March 28.. no matter how many times i said this and refercence the blog and the person comments came up with the same thing. “no you are wrong again it ended on march 20, 2014” i then told them i wanted a refund becuase it is not march 28 and i can’t upgrade anymore since it ended all ready. then stated “i can do this and send a request for you” there no reason why it does not get refunded for false advertisement but who knows…. funny how the date just change for march 28 to march 20 on fly

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

March 29th, 8:52 am

Would have bought FIFA, NfS and BF4 in a heartbeat if this had been on PS4.

Jangaboo said:

March 29th, 9:35 am

Hi, can you put Battlefield Bad Company 1 on the store for digital download/purchase?

Oni_Metsu said:

March 29th, 10:07 am

Ah nice. Gonna pick up Dead Space 1 and 2 and possibly NFL Blitz.
Gotta admit, I really enjoy these flash sales.

staticsnake said:

March 29th, 11:05 am

PIcked up KOA:R plus the discounted DLC packs for it. I’m excited about another good RPG. Also excited to play Unit 13 again with PS Plus. Keep up the good work. Makes being a Sony fanboy all the more worth it.

chucky_coolguy said:

March 29th, 11:15 am

I bought Dead Space 3 as the Regular Edition for 20, I would spend an extra 10 for the Ultimate Edition!

neuropunk said:

March 29th, 11:26 am

How the hell is this an EA sale when Mass Effect isn’t even on sale?

Just as well, since supporting EA would make me feel dirty anyway. Plus you guys tend to ruin your video game franchises, like you did with Dead Space 3. You just killed off the franchise because you went the quick and easy casual route. At least it didn’t pay off for your company with your Dead Space 3 flop. Quick and easy shouldn’t be rewarded, and neither should changing a video game franchise to cater to non-fans, by trying to get the mindless Call of Duty gamers who like crappy games such as pewpews and linear interactive QTE DLC, in game scripted event cutscenes, spammed set pieces, explosions, etc.

EA makes very poor quality products and we should not support them for their evil shady practices. Also, why are CEOs who don’t know anything about video games part of the development process? Why are they not concerned with making good quality games? Wouldn’t good games sell more than rushed poorly made cash grabs?

PoisonDart said:

March 29th, 12:10 pm

I’ll grab Madden 25 for that price since I was disappointed with the demo and never bother with it.

steinlager- said:

March 29th, 1:39 pm

Only in US? Im from sweden =/

el_vatoloco said:

March 29th, 2:08 pm

And not a single discount for EA games that are also on PS4.

MarkakaJin said:

March 29th, 4:35 pm

Haha, I was thinking of getting this today so I can do that upgrade offer for the PS4. It would have saved me a lot of money and the trouble deciding on what to get for another PS4 game. Too bad, I’ll wait longer for BF4 to be a little more cheaper or when there’s a sale for the PS4 version. Mercenary Kings will keep me busy.

ECisMe said:

March 29th, 5:55 pm

Dead Space is free on Origin right now, yet it’s $12.50 here? It’s a good game but, come on, man.

GummyCore said:

March 29th, 5:59 pm

Some people seem to think that since the store was updated (to implement the sale), everything else that’s supposed to be updated on the same day (like removing the BF4 PS3>PS4 upgrade) will also be implemented at the same time. Unless Sony’s store site (on the console and on the web) are manually hand coded, I highly doubt that.

For example, “The Flash Sae starts now and ends Monday, March 31st at 12:00 p.m. Pacific”. Do you think someone will sit there in the office on March 31st at exactly 12:00 pm Pacific to flip a switch to end the Flash Sale? Or they will just run some batch update any time on the day to end the sale at their convenience, before the promised 12pm time? Of course not. Any computer system would have been designed to have the time specified and tied to each item internally. The system would check and automatically disable the discounted price if outside the range.

We can argue about English grammar, whether “expiry date” means something is removed at the beginning of the specified date or at the end of the specified date, but the removal itself, that’s intentionally timed.

sparepart said:

March 29th, 9:27 pm

Why is the Battlefield 3 Premium add-on still $49.99? And why is it not apart of the sale? I do not wan’t to pay full price for this after I already own the Premium membership under the same e-mail for my PC version of this game. Even the full BF3 game with premium for PS3 on PSN is only $39.99. WTF

PrimeroIncognito said:

March 29th, 10:08 pm

@ GummyCore

You missed the point about the refresh issue.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the fine print? Does it actually say something like, “promo ends at 11:59 PM PST”?

If only the date is mentioned, it can happen at any time during the day. And they probably did plan way ahead of time to remove the upgrade in conjunction with the flash sale. Roll outs to various servers happen at different times and as a result some folks will still see the promo link while others won’t.

PrimeroIncognito said:

March 29th, 10:31 pm

neuropunk on March 29th, 2014 at 11:26 am said: “How the hell is this an EA sale… ?”

Because every game in the sale is published by EA.

You sure ask a lot of silly questions…

neuropunk said:

March 30th, 12:08 am

“+ PrimeroIncognito on March 29th, 2014 at 10:31 pm said:
Because every game in the sale is published by EA.
You sure ask a lot of silly questions…”

Mass Effect is published by EA and not on sale.

Gamerzlimited said:

March 30th, 12:54 am

@neuropunk Yeah, your right. Mass Effect is published by EA and should count too. Even though I don’t care about that franchise one bit, I can understand what your getting at. I don’t like EA either because they really screwed up Battlefield 4 by releasing it early just to complete with Call of Duty: Ghosts. I don’t think anyone should support them.

PrimeroIncognito said:

March 30th, 2:30 am

@ neuropunk

There are a lot of games that EA has published this generation that are not in this sale. Why single out Mass Effect?

This isn’t a Mass Effect sale, it’s an EA sale in which select EA titles are on sale. Man, what is the problem… this is so easy to understand…

my360broke_again said:

March 30th, 3:03 am

Dead space is ZERO dollars on steam… You can buy it used for consoles for 2 or 3 dollars. How is 13 dollars a sale?

hazelcabug said:

March 30th, 4:37 am

I’ve been waiting for Amazing Spiderman sale for monthsssssss….. Please put it on sale pretty please? thanks SOny

TimeSkipLuffyUS said:

March 30th, 5:51 am

@177 It is free on Origin! Not Steam ;D

TooLegit505 said:

March 30th, 12:18 pm

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcbernal89 said:

March 30th, 1:48 pm

Is this available also for PS4 owners?

fresno75 said:

March 30th, 2:11 pm

this is a PS3 EA Flash Sale not a ps+ or vita game info, i got Madden25 now tyvm EA

SimasUS said:

March 30th, 4:22 pm

Man, how I wanted FIFA 14 for PS4 for this price ;(

guillebogard said:

March 30th, 10:37 pm

We’ll be getting more Flash and Plus Spring deals during April?. I’m saving money for some kids related games to play with my nephew and some hardcore games for my inner child.

BeachNights said:

March 31st, 8:25 am

I’m trying to buy FIFA 14 but the site is down due to maintenance. I fear the site won’t be back up before this Flash Sale is expired.

StevenWinnipeg said:

March 31st, 9:57 am

me too try to get NFS cant get RRR site down not right hope they give extra time

Jos10ueCR said:

March 31st, 12:45 pm

He intentado comprar Fifa 14 no he podido el sitio no deja comprarlo

SDkngsht said:

March 31st, 3:31 pm

excited until i saw it was for PS3 only. again – great news for everyone who doesn’t own a PS4.

DaP3689 said:

March 31st, 7:30 pm

I tired to buy it early today and they were back to regular price what’s up with that?

DaP3689 said:

March 31st, 7:50 pm

I’m actually really irritated they say you have until 12 march 31st then I try to buy it at 10 am central time zone and it’s down and I have appointments and work after so I can’t buy don’t say the deal will be live until then if I can’t get into it to buy it.

Bleu01 said:

March 31st, 10:40 pm

Hey guys ! It’s 1h38 easturn time wich mean 10h38 pacific time and I can’t purchase FIFA Street for 4.99$ online or on the PSN on my PS3. IT’s suppose to be available, so what can I do ?

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

April 1st, 2:25 am

@Bleu01: The flash sale (at least according to this post) ended at noon Pacific Time, not midnight. :/

@everyone else who didn’t/couldn’t get in: Sucks that it happened. Really. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, and I’m not defending Sony for the store apparently being down there toward the end of the sale. But please, in the future (for your own sakes), don’t wait until the last minute next time. If you want it, buy it as soon as the sale goes live.

DaP3689 said:

April 1st, 9:39 am

I didn’t get paid till Monday morning and the sale still had four hours left

DJH3RNAN7 said:

April 1st, 10:22 am

hey playstation can you make gmod it will be cool that they have it you will get a lot of money come on playstation.

Swotam said:

April 1st, 10:33 am

As predicted (and as expected), not one single comment from the Sony social media team regarding the mess with BF4 and the $10 PS4 upgrade. Typical.

IMO people can make all the excuses they want on behalf of Sony regarding the timing of server updates, etc. If I have a sale on something and I say “sale ends Monday on noon” then I’ve clearly communicated the date and end time of the sale, and anyone who complains after that fact doesn’t have much to complain about. However, if I just say “sale ends Monday” then to most people that means the sale ends at the end of the business day on Monday, not some random unpublished time on Monday. In the case of online stores, that’s typically midnight in the timezone of the business in question, which for Sony North America is midnight Pacific time.

So, pulling the upgrade sometime between 4:00 and 5:00 PST on the 28th basically means that anyone who purchased BF4, regardless of whether it’s Digital or Physical, gets screwed out of their upgrade despite the fact that technically the upgrade should still be available since the 28th isn’t over yet.

To me, that’s not right, and Sony should respect their customers enough to say something about it.

JAVO_CJM said:

April 2nd, 4:00 pm

Swotam you make me laugh. They don’t think on us. Only want our money. Sorry but is the true. With this Sony staff dissapeared it’s clear.

JAVO_CJM said:

April 2nd, 4:02 pm

Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassins Creed Black Flag and Injustice Ultimate Edition was removed April 1. When offer ends March 31………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

PAGE 1 2 3 4