Final Fantasy XV

Mar 31

Mar 31

Jet Car Stunts Coming to PS3, PS4, PS Vita

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar Posted by CEO, Grip Games

Jet Car Stunts

Hey! This is Jakub from Grip Games. I’m here today to announce that we’re bringing our incredible racer/platformer hybrid franchise, Jet Car Stunts, to PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.

If you haven’t heard about Jet Car Stunts before, it’s a critically-acclaimed racing franchise that originated on mobile. Jet Car Stunts is unique because it lets you drive a Jet Car — a combination of a race car and a jet plane — and sends you on an adrenaline-fuelled race, miles above the ground.

This version of Jet Car Stunts is a remake of the original game. We’ve redone everything — the graphics are new to match the PS3 and PS4 level of visual quality, we’ve added new cars, new game modes, asynchronous multiplayer, and DualShock controls. But we’ve left everything that makes Jet Car Stunts great… the thrills, the crashes, the need for precision, and the obsession to improve your times again and again.

Jet Car StuntsJet Car Stunts

Jet Car Stunts is like nothing you’ve seen before — from its sleek style to gravity-defying stunts. It’s as much a platformer as it is a racing game. You’ll be required to strategically use your jet engine’s fuel to help you jump over incredible distances, from one platform to another. You’ll be doing loops, corkscrew maneuvers, you’ll be freefalling and avoiding obstacles, and you’ll be drifting near the edges of platforms.

Jet Car Stunts will be released simultaneously for PS3 and PS Vita, followed later by the PS4 version that will contain even shinier graphics and effects. You’ll definitely be hearing more about the game here on PlayStation.Blog as the release date comes closer.

In the meantime, you can follow the game via our Facebook, Twitter, or the game’s official webpage.

Add Your Own

PK_Haseo said:

March 31st, 7:16 am

Graphic look great! Already have on iOS which doesn’t really look good but the gameplay s some of a challenge worth playing.

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

March 31st, 8:58 am

This is a new version of Jet Car Stunts, built especially for game consoles. It runs on a new engine and looks much better than the mobile version.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 31st, 7:23 am

MAN THIS GAME LOOKS SO CHEAP..SMH.THEN AGAIN IT IS COMING FROM A MOBILE PHONE ENVIROMENT. WELL IM JUST WAITING FOR JOE DANGER ON THE PS VITA ..IM LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW GRIPSHIFT GAME..SOMETHING WITH ALOT MORE GRAPHICS AND BACKGROUND…BETTER YET I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THEY WORK ON A NEW MODNATION RACERS OR A FUTURISTIC MOTORSTORM..(SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE I KNOW :/) SO YEAH GOOD LUCK ON THIS GAME SELLING WELL..IF ANGRY BIRDS CAN DO IT..SO CAN YOU LOL

Alex_dlc said:

March 31st, 7:26 am

Amazing looking landscapes!

Dethfuse said:

March 31st, 7:27 am

Game looks pretty interesting. Can’t wait to see more about it. Will there be split-screen on ps3 and ps4?

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

March 31st, 9:00 am

The PS4 version may have a split-screen. It hasn’t been decided yet, but we will talk about it more as the release date gets closer

kmetek said:

March 31st, 7:29 am

@2 why are you shouting? Writting in BIG letters is SHOUTING.

Sonicfan11589 said:

March 31st, 7:44 am

Questions if u can answer, if not now, then later, hopefully?:
-Will there be a platinum?
-Cross-Buy, Cross-Save, etc?

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

March 31st, 9:07 am

Platinum: No, unfortunately no. But there will be 14 trophies, including gold
    Cross-save: yes, cross-buy: I cannot comment on that right now, because it does not depend solely on us, but we will definitely try something there as well ;-)

Vcheese said:

March 31st, 7:47 am

What BS is this? this is starting to look like the play store!

TXCScorpion said:

March 31st, 7:53 am

@5

Isn’t it strange as the internet has grown how we now interpret things? As I read #2’s, mouth garbage I actually got a headache from reading his text and translating it into yelling in my head. No sarcasm or lies, I subconsciously hurt my brain ears while trying to understand what the person was saying. I guess that’s just how the brain works these days, as of now writing this my head is still hurting. Life’s weird.

Also this game looks fun to an extent. I don’t care about time trials or such and would prefer for it to be straight up racing/survival game with the person lasting the longest/getting to the end winning. Still I might just pick it up.

GoatChicken007 said:

March 31st, 8:29 am

@2 Just shut your face. Now.

chev327flatout said:

March 31st, 8:58 am

This game was amazing on iOS, one of my all time favorites. It has amazing physics and is a blast to play.

Death_to_Xbox_ said:

March 31st, 8:59 am

A GripShift remake?

MakoSoul said:

March 31st, 10:16 am

Playstation needs for futuristic racing and sports titles. Well done. Hopefully it doesn’t look too much like a ported mobile game.

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

March 31st, 12:01 pm

It is a complete remake, with a new engine. It will look like a proper PS3/PSV/PS4 game.

MakoSoul said:

March 31st, 10:16 am

needs more*

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 31st, 10:31 am

@10 close your..oh wait..I MEAN …..CLOSE YOUR HANDS!!!! – THAT WAY YOU CANT REPLY ANYMORE!!!!!

tusunami said:

March 31st, 11:16 am

This looks like this will be a quirky little title that will be very interesting to play. It’s good to see the PS Vita getting more games that’s cross buy with PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrueRadiantFree said:

March 31st, 11:53 am

The Jet Car Stunts available on Android is one of my all-time favorite games on my tablet, and anyone who says that this game looks or plays bad or is cheap is so so wrong! I am so glad this is coming to Vita and even PS4. I know it will look and play great, I wish you guys the best! I had even emailed you guys to bring it to Vita and here it is!

@2 Grow up.

TrueRadiantFree said:

March 31st, 11:54 am

Also here’s my vote for a

TrueRadiantFree said:

March 31st, 11:55 am

split-screen mode on PS4!

krae_man said:

March 31st, 12:55 pm

OH MY GOD. Those meanies at Sidhe won’t make a sequel to Gripshift so you’re now my new favorite developer!

You had me at Racer/platformer hybrid.

krae_man said:

March 31st, 1:12 pm

Okay serious post. I just tried the Light version of Android and of course precision controls leave a lot to be desired. I hope you nail that.

Amnalehu said:

March 31st, 1:17 pm

I’ve never heard of this game but it looks pretty good. I love games that I can jump in, play a few rounds and then jump out of, or spend a couple of hours enjoying as well. I’m glad to see this coming to the PS4 and Vita.

SpicyMagic1337 said:

March 31st, 1:29 pm

I cant Wait never played this game yet. so it looks interesting, if it has a creative mode so it can have even more replay value with all the levels the brilliant fans could make it will be a day1 buy for me

Fusion13 said:

March 31st, 1:52 pm

So this is like Track Mania? Will there be a level editor?

Boxster17 said:

March 31st, 7:46 pm

Wasn’t sure what to think when I clicked on this article, but I’m certainly intrigued. I’m a huge racing fan so this mixed with puzzles looks to be a lot of fun. Be sure to post again as we near a release and *fingers crossed* that it’s cross buy as well (will likely go Vita, assuming all things equal).

iREVOLTER said:

April 1st, 2:55 am

3 Playstation platform must be a Cross-Buy Title.

igamer1997 said:

April 1st, 3:06 am

Finaly I realy want release date and price i wonder its free like ios version or it might be $9.99

Elvick_ said:

April 1st, 9:54 am

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

vampa1998 said:

April 19th, 12:44 pm

Will there be downloadable content or any dlc for this game? Also, is there a track creator that you can share with other people?
Hope this game is great on ps3! ;)