PlayStation VR

Apr 10

Apr 10

Watch MLB 14 The Show on PS4 Live, Today

Ramone Russell's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist & Game Designer, San Diego Studio

The Dodgers and the Giants have the longest standing rivalry in baseball.

Over 2,300 matchups; only 22 wins separating the two teams.

In the tradition of this rivalry, MLB 14 The Show — in partnership with IGN — would like to start a new one…

Puig vs. Pence:

On Monday, April 14th at 11:00 AM Pacific, San Francisco Giants Right Fielder Hunter Pence and Los Angeles Dodgers Right Fielder Yasiel Puig will face off in MLB 14 The Show for PS4.

This special event — streamed LIVE from IGN HQ in downtown San Francisco — will feature two MLB superstars (and two of MLB’s biggest gamers) as they compete in various modes of the highly anticipated, next-generation baseball sim. The stream will deliver more than an hour of footage from the PS4 version of MLB 14 The Show, plus questions from the community for the athletes and also game designer Ramone Russell, who’ll be on hand to walk viewers through what they can expect from The Show on PS4.

Whether you’re a baseball fan, a fan of The Show, or even if your only interest is PlayStation, you won’t want to miss this.

Here’s a link to the stream, produced and broadcast by IGN, which will go live Monday morning.

Add Your Own

anti-altair16 said:

April 10th, 10:37 am

I’m not really into baseball but this seems pretty cool. I’ll probably watch it just because!

C_A_G_E said:

April 10th, 10:53 am

Cant wait to see this game in Action….. Also we need Hunter Pence to put his big boy pence on and beat Puig.

rickbarrerah said:

April 10th, 12:45 pm

The Show is the reason i bought a ps3 over an X360 back in the day and now my ps4

BrianC6234 said:

April 10th, 3:02 pm

I’d rather see Mike Trout than these guys. Puig probably won’t be playing anyway.

tusunami said:

April 10th, 4:20 pm

Best baseball game ever created this will also move alot of PS4 sales even further.

CDubyahS said:

April 10th, 4:45 pm

Im proudly sporting an L.A.Dodgers vinyl skin on my dual shock 4 see ya monday LUV YA BLUE

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 10th, 8:17 pm

Can’t wait! Go Giants!!!

colef10 said:

April 10th, 9:14 pm

Does Puig speak English yet? So excited to finally see actual PS4 gameplay of the Show!

kevinpie12345678 said:

April 11th, 2:12 am

Hope Masahiro Tanaka is in the PS4 version.

puto09 said:

April 11th, 8:20 am

Looks amazing, deff watching this, deff day 1 purchase. I have the vita version, which is great but has a few problems I was hoping you guys could address.
– Lags a lot when hitting high foul balls.
– throwing meter too slow taking players forever to throw the ball.
– when batting with a runner(s) on base, it’s impossible to influence a hit to the left side without the runner(s) taking an extra lead (even while holding down R)
– when guessing a pitch while batting the only way to guess the R pitch is by touch.
Other than that the game is great. Just waiting on roster update so I can start my franchise.
Thank you!

jenyjhon said:

April 11th, 10:09 am

WORK WITH GOOGLE online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in 50h and sometimes even as much as 80h…heres a good example of what I’m doing………………j­ℴ­ℬ­s­35.ℭℴℳ

mdawk13 said:

April 11th, 12:56 pm

If they play online it will freeze like their ps3 game does online for everyone, lol. Hopefully they play next to each other.

Brooklyn008 said:

April 13th, 7:05 am

What? The amount of details in this game is phenomenal… I’ve seen so many great things about this game so far… Yet, when a batter swipe his foot in the batter’s box, no dust appear? COME ON NOW!! Is this PS3 footage???

EnigmaNemesis said:

April 13th, 12:16 pm

You guys at SCE-SD keep on delivering!

tusunami said:

April 14th, 11:41 am

I had literally know intentions on buying this game it wasn’t even on my radar for may. I was just going to get watchdogs and that was it but after reading about this game and watching the live feed I will purchase this now. The last time I played a baseball game was ken griffies baseball game.

lisatsunami said:

April 14th, 12:34 pm

I watched the live stream. Man, this game looks great. The part I saw was in AT&T stadium instead of beautiful Chavez Ravine but, whatev. I’m not a big baseball fan, but there’s not much better than an afternoon game in Dodger Stadium, eating 2 grilled Dodger Dogs. The quintessential Los Angeles experience.

mattitude2323 said:

April 16th, 9:59 am

Do pitchers actually get knocked down when taking line drives off the face? And do fans actually catch homeruns and foul balls instead of it bouncing around in the crowd? Also any cutscenes for injuries, or being sent down to the minors?

mattitude2323 said:

April 16th, 10:05 am

How come none of te blog moderations or developers have replied to our comments?