Paragon

Apr 15

Apr 15

No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! Out Today on PS Vita

Tomoyo Kimura's Avatar Posted by Associate ISD Producer, Sony Interactive Entertainment

UPDATE: DLC Packs including Pick (Shallow), Pick (Deep), and Pick (Bottomless) that were not originally available at launch in North America are now available on the store as of 4/25/2014. These packs will allow you to boost your stash of evil pickaxes per day, and also allow pickaxes to regenerate faster. Thank you for your patience and happy hero hunting!

Hello! We’re thrilled to finally announce that No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! launches exclusively on PS Vita today. The “Badman” franchise makes its comeback with new features and extra quirkiness.

No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! is free-to-play. Download today and try out your evilness in endless match-3 puzzle fun. There will also be a slew of add-on content for purchase, ranging from power boosts and expanded monster quarters to digging abilities.

No Puzzles Either! offers a good mix of gameplay from the previous games in the series, with additional features including a multiplayer mode where four players can battle against heroes in AdHoc mode. Gather your friends and play powerful combos to feel the thrill of defeating strong heroes.

Also, keep an eye out for special community events. Winners of these events will be rewarded with rare, stronger monsters that can be added to their monster collections. We’re happy to announce that all of these new features are free to access, as well.

Enjoy the series’ famous characters, witty dialogue, and unforgettable music while playing the bad guy today. Stay tuned for events details and schedules soon!

Add Your Own

Craphex said:

April 15th, 6:09 am

Cannot see it on the marketplace, is it out in the EU too?

FifthDream said:

April 15th, 6:09 am

That looks like a lot of fun. Can’t wait to try it out later.

Shiroyami said:

April 15th, 6:28 am

Gotta upgrade me Memory Card, too much digital content now. Thanks for this one Sony, looking forward to doing a few rounds.

Option1live said:

April 15th, 6:29 am

As a big fan of the Badman series from it’s first PSP release, I’m looking forward to this!

neuroned said:

April 15th, 6:36 am

I was so excited about this game, but after reading “free to play,” I’m passing… hard.

It’s quite sad… I really enjoyed the Badman universe, but this pay-to-win model has tarnished the series’ otherwise high reputation.

Joeltron3030 said:

April 15th, 6:36 am

Im intrigued by this, but Im wary of free to play. Can I play this game and fully enjoy it without the need to spend money?
Or can I only play for so long at once? When I get into a game I get into it pretty heavy, and I hate having to wait real time for more lives or whatever…

ken_kimura said:

April 15th, 6:46 am

You guys should clarify what you get that is actually “free to play” and what you need to pay for.

Grayfox2k8 said:

April 15th, 6:53 am

I don’t see it in the store. :(

JeffsonP said:

April 15th, 7:04 am

I hope to see No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! in the Brazilian PS Store later! ^^

WorcesterRaider said:

April 15th, 7:26 am

My interest is definitely piqued. I will surely check it out, but like other comments I hope the pay to win model isn’t too overt in the game. Could we get some clarification on the free to play?

mcbuttz78 said:

April 15th, 7:29 am

the badman is back lol..

The_1_of_Deth said:

April 15th, 7:41 am

@ 1 & 8, store doesnt update till the afternoon, will take a bit o time. if ur in eu im not completely sure though :/

Green-Elf said:

April 15th, 7:42 am

Looks a bit like the game 10000000 from EightyEight games. I’ll have to check it out once the store updates.

That’s right peeps, you have to wait till the store refreshes later to be able to download it. Is this your first Tuesday with Sony?

gerneric123 said:

April 15th, 9:10 am

In Japan, there was a $12 fee you could pay to remove the F2P elements of the game entirely. Also, this game is an expanded version of the PlayStation Mobile game, Yu-Nama: The Puzzle. If you’re interested, you could just buy that.

neuroned said:

April 15th, 10:13 am

Hmm…

“There will also be a slew of add-on content for purchase, ranging from power boosts and expanded monster quarters to digging abilities.”

Not sure how they could remove the F2P model without altering the build of the game. Does anyone know how how the game plays with the rumored $12 F2P removal… if such a thing exists?

komentra said:

April 15th, 10:34 am

Can’t beat free. Does it have trophies?

Will definitely be grabbing this & castle of illusion when the store updates.

Tomoyo Kimura's Avatar

Tomoyo Kimura said:

April 16th, 4:19 pm

Thanks for your interest! Yes, the game is supporting the trophy feature.

Kishnabe said:

April 15th, 12:30 pm

Remember a similar game on the PSP

…..FREE. Thank you.

lajaro said:

April 15th, 4:33 pm

I’ve been so looking forward to this, being a fan of the original two on the PSP. Even more excited when I noticed it launched today.

Then I saw DLC, boosters, Free to Play….

No, thanks

neuroned said:

April 15th, 6:01 pm

After reading a player review on Gaf, it looks like some investment must be made to proceed at anything faster than a snail’s pace. Most disappointing Vita news of 2014.

tusunami said:

April 15th, 6:11 pm

Since this is free to play I’ll try this out at some point.

geneMag said:

April 15th, 6:42 pm

on the list of DLC there’s a Megapack bundle… is this the equivalent of buying the non-F2P version of game outright?

TJF588 said:

April 15th, 8:18 pm

Well, then, the “full game” purchase with be the $9.99 USD Mega Pack. Don’t have a Vita myself, but not too bad to think of a F2P game as an extended demo, so long as there’s full-unlock options like these. Doesn’t include any booster packs, but with no limit on games-per-day and full expansions for available units, that’s a non-issue.

Elvick_ said:

April 15th, 8:25 pm

I was off put by it at first, but it’s a fair F2P model in my opinion.

killer2_put said:

April 15th, 10:10 pm

this game is really fun to play

Elvick_ said:

April 15th, 10:34 pm

The pickaxes aren’t available to purchase? The ‘G’ on the main map/menu doesn’t load up any items, and none of them are listed on the store. I can’t imagine the only way to do that is the full $9.99 purchase, given the dialog explaining it.

Tomoyo Kimura's Avatar

Tomoyo Kimura said:

April 16th, 10:07 am

Hi Elvick_! Pickaxes will be available to purchase, however those DLC items will not be available at launch due to a technical issue. We’re working hard to make them available as soon as we can! We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your patience ^_^

jayj1001 said:

April 15th, 10:47 pm

is minecraft coming to ps vita beacuase it said it was coming out in march

Ace-Steven said:

April 16th, 6:12 am

wtf. This game is not free. $9.99 if u want unlimted axes or 3 freebie every 8 hrs. Now I am addicted to it, you win Sony 9.99

luvtoseek said:

April 16th, 3:19 pm

Derp! This is soooo fun! The Badman & his daughter often joke about purchasing pickaxes, slots, etc…! Haha meta commentary wins! Plays well, looks nice & the music is just adventury enough to loop & not drive ye bananas.

Bought the Mega Pack to support the devs- please consider a PVP feature for the series! I feel it could easily work on a mobile platform so why not allow PSN friends to duel over the Vita?

Thank you devs & Tomoyo! And there are events too? Yeah!

Tomoyo Kimura's Avatar

Tomoyo Kimura said:

April 16th, 4:31 pm

Hi luvtoseek! Thanks for your positive feedback on the game and great suggestions. Good luck with polishing your evil power and stay tuned for more information on the events soon!

azulchuy100 said:

April 17th, 11:34 am

Loving the game and bought the mega pack, but do you know when picks will be available to download?

CapJSheridan said:

April 17th, 4:16 pm

Just bought the Mega Pack. Too bad developers still think this is a better way to make games than trying to sell them regularly =/

ShoyzD said:

April 17th, 6:22 pm

Too bad why? You can buy the game outright if you’d like to access all the content, you can pay for only specific upgrades you want, or you can play it as long as you want for free. As long as it sells enough it’s the perfect payment model, everyone is satisfied.

Ecks said:

April 18th, 4:07 pm

I tried the game out, it’s fun but nothing like the other Badman games. I was hoping for a new Vita Badman game. This is just a match three puzzler. Still, it’s fun. I wanted to check out the prices to buy the game, but nothing comes up in the store.

rr3ika said:

April 18th, 8:36 pm

I love this game, it’s really fun hahah

jayrabbit said:

April 19th, 2:07 am

Just purchased this game, I think you should not include pickaxes as a addon and only keep them in the mega pack, was a really good reason for me to purchase the full thing! otherwise I would of just purchased the unlimited pickaxes and that would of been hit, the mining though fun gets crammed full of heros and they just end up standing there waiting for one person to dig rather the start digging to the sides. and so far I have only been actively using one slot per each monster as its a waste to upgrade the ones you are not using till the end, btw I am 72% completed and have already S+ to 5-6

MaliciousLesh said:

April 24th, 4:11 pm

so i just bought the megapack because i love this game, and it gave me everything except the pickaxes… the only thing i actually wanted. . . this is complete bullshhhhh. How do i acquire my pickaxes i just paid 9.99 for ???

BigBrother1941 said:

April 25th, 7:03 pm

same here i just bought the 24 pick axe pack but i have none available. also, i wish i would have known about the mega pack. i totally would have bought that instead of just the 24 pick axes. sucks! but i do love this game and cant wait go get my axes.

BigBrother1941 said:

April 25th, 10:01 pm

i just found out that when you buy 24 pick axes you dont just get 24 pick axes to use, you keep your 3 axe spaces, but instead of taking 7 or 8 hours to a regenerate a single pick axe, it only takes 1 hour to regenerate one pickaxe. i think the naming on that IAP is a little misleading.

BigBrother1941 said:

April 26th, 5:38 am

much to my surprise and happiness, i woke up this morning to find my three pick axe slots filled in with a +4 sitting to the right. apparently, they stack! away i go to grind away my 7 pick axes!

Tharsuss said:

April 28th, 1:59 am

The game is fun for a short time, easily mastered, no level takes longer than a few seconds. Once you get the infinite pickaxes, there’s only about 3 hours of total gameplay. The rest is a complete monotonous grind fest. They limit the probability of common hero appearances in order to complicate the upgrading process and lengthen the game to make it seem longer than it is. For as long as I played and the limited amount of extra monsters I unlocked, there must be some likelihood that some of you will never finish the monsterpedia no matter how much time you put into it. This is a childs game and really shouldn’t be bothered with by adults, the repetition is unparalleled by any other game I’ve ever played.

Demnos said:

May 1st, 11:53 am

Picked up a ‘dig faster shake’ yesterday and was extremely disappointed. I timed digging times before and after and there was no difference. Didn’t have a higher rate of finding chests or monsters either.

Apparently I just threw away a dollar which, while no big loss, is still upsetting.