Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 17

Apr 17

MLB 14 The Show PS4 Trailer Revealed

Ramone Russell's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist & Game Designer, San Diego Studio

We know there’s a great deal of anticipation to witness the next generation of baseball video games, and we’re proud to unveil the first trailer for MLB 14 The Show on PS4.

On display are the completely rebuilt stadiums, the redone lighting engine (check out the self-shadowing at night), vastly more detailed crowds, grass and player hair rendered down to the last blade/strand, and much more. Plus, since all three versions of MLB 14 The Show (PS3, PS4, and PS Vita) support cross save functionality, anyone who already picked up this year’s game will be able to easily carry their progress over to PS4 when it launches.

MLB 14 The Show hits PS4 on May 6th, and is already available now for PS3 and PS Vita. Visit baseballisbetter.com to get your copy today, and to check out unique MLB player videos and developer diaries.

Add Your Own

jwr718 said:

April 17th, 7:22 am

Hardly a fan of baseball, but May 6th I’ll have the house fully stocked on Peanuts and Cracker Jacks! Amazing Graphics, I won’t be missing this!

kivi95 said:

April 17th, 7:31 am

Does the PS4 version support Move controllers?

hawjboi2009 said:

April 17th, 7:36 am

player face model look good but not best.. they need rebuild player model for next year MLB 15 on ps4.. trailer look great plus stadium and crowds

Dustinwp said:

April 17th, 7:39 am

I find it very sad that from what I can tell neither the PS3 nor PS4 game will have Move controller support. Please, correct me if I am wrong because I have had a hard time confirming this and you guys in San Diego are unwilling to answer the question. I bought a PS4 camera in anticipation for this game……….. WHAT A FREAKING MISTAKE! I guess I’ll take the camera to GameStop for trade and keep MLB 13. You lost yourself a sale.

IronStorm613 said:

April 17th, 7:50 am

Seriously, please tell us if it has PS Move support. I bought a camera for this game specifically. Yeah, I can stream and junk like that but seriously MLB 14 is the biggest reason I bought it. I know it isn’t a huge seller but it is a fun and interactive way to play the game.

backbreaker65 said:

April 17th, 7:56 am

MLB the Show devs always post the blog and leave never answer no more than 1 maybe 2 questions. If you’re not on Operation Sports, they will not answer you. Every time they post people on the PS blog ask question to no avail. So let me try this again from each The Show blog and see if I will get an answer(not holding my breath)

Will the PS4 version support the Move controller as well as 3D?

jwr718 said:

April 17th, 8:11 am

I have not touched my move controllers since that last time, a few years ago, that I thought let me give this Tumble game another round it was pretty fun… for 2 Minutes. These devs don’t know how to maximize the potential of good products that’s the problem. It should be a no-brainer for move support to be in this game.

sportin22s said:

April 17th, 8:32 am

So excited for this game. I check the OS forums and theshownation.com site daily for new information coming out. I really like the new menu system and impressive lighting in the game. This trailer doesn’t show much of the enhancements, so I suggest those on the fence to watch the IGN archive of Puig vs Pence earlier this week. You’ll see more of the enhancements made for the PS4 version. Hats off to the devs on their first PS4 baseball game; it can only get better in the coming years.

ThaReezen said:

April 17th, 8:47 am

just take my money already.

Lacerz said:

April 17th, 8:48 am

Going for authenticity, will Minute Maid Stadium be mostly empty?

BlackIce07 said:

April 17th, 8:55 am

Can SCEA San Diego Studios please start creating other sports games. They are he best sports studio ever!

mxpxboy said:

April 17th, 9:18 am

I hope they finally fixed and included Sun Trust Club behind home plate at Turner Field this year. To be so committed to the smallest details, they have never gotten this right.

Amnalehu said:

April 17th, 9:50 am

I have to agree with a few of the comments I see here; The face models look a little dead. The face models in NBA2k14 really show emotion and tend to react to whats happening in the game. I haven’t seen that in MLB14. I also enjoy the move support in MLB13 and I think it would really be a missed opportunity if move support is not in this game. I also hope that the commentary is much more dynamic with lots more variety. NBA2K14 did a great job of mirroring what was actually going on in the NBA and bringing that data into the game (injuries, upcoming games, realtime notification in opening sequences etc.) All that being said, the PS4 version of this game looks AMAZING and will be getting it day one. I love baseball and this game is a must have for all baseball/sports fans that own a PS4.

Carl-G said:

April 17th, 10:24 am

And…The PS4 is better(than the rest) :P

IRISH_KEV9 said:

April 17th, 10:48 am

can’t wait for the Show !!!!!!

acjeromeFL said:

April 17th, 11:01 am

This looks stunning!

tusunami said:

April 17th, 11:28 am

Well for me this was not on my radar to pick up but this game is spectacular and I will purchase this for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

phade2blaq said:

April 17th, 5:22 pm

Will be there be a demo for this game !

zepified said:

April 17th, 8:36 pm

This game/series and the developer Naughty Dog are the 2 big reasons why I bought a PS4!!! The Show gets so much more play-time out of me compared to the rest of the games that I own it’s not even funny. I think it’s safe to say that if I was stranded on an island and had to choose 1 game to bring with me I’d choose this game.

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 17th, 9:41 pm

Cannot wait for this. I already know 3 of my buddies who are going to get a PS4 or just got one just to play this. Beat LA and Go Giants!!!

puto09 said:

April 18th, 11:10 am

Looks amazing, day 1 purchase. I have the vita version, which is great but has a few problems I was hoping you guys could address.
– Lags a lot when hitting high foul balls.
– throwing meter too slow taking players forever to throw the ball.
– when batting with a runner(s) on base, it’s impossible to influence a hit to the left side without the runner(s) taking an extra lead (even while holding down R)
– when guessing a pitch while batting the only way to guess the R pitch is by touch.
Other than that the game is great. Just waiting for May 6th!
Thank you!

kingkev2k10 said:

April 18th, 11:17 am

Looks great!.

robertmc8 said:

April 18th, 2:53 pm

@ jenyjhon Stop with spamming carp I seen tons crap even On Facebook.
Anyway Question for you all Any news can we Play The Show 14 PS4 vs PS3 friends online?

MJ_Dutch said:

April 18th, 9:00 pm

To be honest, the game looks great.. the only thing that didn´t like about this trailer is the stiff look of the clothes, they should be more fluid to look like textile not plastic

Blitzkrieg_exe said:

April 19th, 1:42 pm

When the PS4 first announced, I immediately thought of The Show. Can’t wait to play this game. #BeatLA

Matrix_Lion said:

April 20th, 9:19 am

Impressive trailer

jenyjhon said:

April 22nd, 4:49 am

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $87h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online. All I do are easy tasks from this one cool site
……………………