God of War

Apr 18

Apr 18

Cel Damage HD Driving onto PS4, PS3 and PS Vita Tuesday

Daniel Posner's Avatar Posted by Co-founder, Finish Line Games

Hello PlayStation Fans! Mark April 22, 2014 in your calendar — next Tuesday, Cel Damage HD comes out on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita, for just $9.99.

That’s $9.99 for all three systems, because this game is Cross-Buy! Purchase once and you can download and play it on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.

Cel Damage HD

We’re also offering a 10 percent discount for PlayStation Plus members during launch week! So get ready for some classic couch-based multiplayer action.

To whet your appetites until Tuesday, here’s a little teaser from our trailer:

History of 4P

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get all the latest news and updates. Game on!

Add Your Own

spacemonkeyham said:

April 18th, 9:34 am

Very pretty cel game!

CaruthK said:

April 18th, 9:36 am

Reminds me of CTR back on PSOne. I might just get this game as long as I can play with friends online i’m sold…

DaPinz said:

April 18th, 9:37 am

Great Deal!!! Definetly getting this game

Sonicfan11589 said:

April 18th, 9:47 am

YES! So far at least 2 good games for PS4. This and OctoDad.

califoreigner said:

April 18th, 9:50 am

All over this

Criscross87v3 said:

April 18th, 9:55 am

Wasn’t this an Xbox (original) launch game? I’ve never played it but I kinda remember mixed reviews for it. Will there be other refinements to the game other than the graphics? $10 does seem fair, but does the game have cross play?

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

April 18th, 12:20 pm

It was an Xbox launch title – good memory! This is a re-release with HD graphics, gameplay enhancements and tuning. We are not ruling out Cross-Play in the future, but we do include Cross-Buy and Cross-Save across all platforms!”

PainOfSarrow said:

April 18th, 10:16 am

looks like calling all cars. never hurd of this before.

syzygyC said:

April 18th, 10:20 am

Agreed with #4. Looking forward to this, Octodad, and TWD: S2 (Vita)! I’ve thought this time frame would be sort of dry for releases for PS4 and Vita, but this is looking to be awesome.

YungShep said:

April 18th, 10:28 am

i hope there’s online play, or i’ll have to pass. i don’t have friends who come over for couch co-op. i got burned on tower fall ascension thinking it was online supported.

Somnia_II said:

April 18th, 10:49 am

I am so glad to see this, even if its offline only.

Shadowbhiemes said:

April 18th, 11:21 am

Greatly looking forward to this. It was the game of my childhood. (Speaking of that, a Mad Dash Racing re release would be nice…)

Hopefully enough people buy this so that they consider adding online multiplier. It would be a dream come true.

akibake said:

April 18th, 11:34 am

Gee, a still from a trailer. How about posting the trailer? You do want us to know about this game, right?

Nixie_Knox said:

April 18th, 12:19 pm

I think this came out on dreamcast. I’d rather see JGR. Gotta love cell shading. Hey PS, why not release a Ps4 port of every Vita game??

tusunami said:

April 18th, 12:33 pm

Now what is surprising is that where are all of the rabid fans that said they remember this game whenever it came out. Because on this post the response to this game is low from what I seen a couple of months ago about when this game was announced.

Sn3tArd said:

April 18th, 12:43 pm

Hi. I own this game for GameCube. One of my favorite games for that console back in the day. When it was ported over to the ps2 there were some changes to the game like the inclusion of health bars. This was a mistake as it took away from the overall mayhem feeling of the game with the one shot kills and really cool cel effects like the car models actually being cut in half where the saw blades hit them etc. from the looks of the screenshots this is and HD remake of the updated version with health bars and less mayhem.

I hope I’m incorrect in this assumption. I’d love to be able to play the original again in HD.

iREVOLTER said:

April 18th, 12:58 pm

Well like I said earlier, when it was announced . Such a random Xbox Launch Title to be re-released on PS platforms. But i may support it later, not sure if want it right now. Never tried the original though. Maybe a trailer of HD version for people? Thanks.

God-Of-Lyf said:

April 18th, 1:07 pm

Oh look, another crappy game coming to the Almighty (rolls eyes) PS4! And this time we get leftover XBox crap to beat it all, thanks but no thanks…

Honza222_VITA said:

April 18th, 1:50 pm

good news! =) in europe in wednesday or?

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

April 18th, 4:10 pm

The European release hasn’t been announced yet – but please stay tuned for updates. As soon as we have an update we will post something!

Gadirok said:

April 18th, 2:28 pm

It looks awesome. I overheard during a Destructoid twitch stream that there was a HD remaster coming out for this game on playstation consoles.

Appreciate the crossbuy goodness.

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

April 18th, 4:09 pm

You’re welcome! We really wanted to keep the price down and also make the game accessible to a lot of fans – Cross-Buy is a great way to do that.

IIL0YDII said:

April 18th, 2:37 pm

Still no online multiplayer?

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

April 18th, 4:05 pm

Online isn’t supported but we agree that it would have been great. Our dev team was too small for that scope of a project. If all goes well, maybe we can revisit that in the future. For now, 2-4 player split screen multiplayer on PS4/PS3 is pretty darn fun.

blue_flare9001 said:

April 18th, 3:11 pm

Is there online multiplayer?

Somnia_II said:

April 18th, 11:06 pm

Are we going to get Cel Damage PSN avatars like yours?

younginflavor18 said:

April 19th, 4:31 am

The game looks pretty interesting since I never first heard of it when it was originally released on previous consoles. I’ll check it out in the PlayStation Store on Tuesday.

Ultimate_Atheist said:

April 19th, 4:39 am

Fortunately, I like games with a ‘Unique’ look to them! I will be buying this one. Thanx so much for the Cross Buy feature, also! (^_^)

AniFall said:

April 19th, 10:18 am

One should not miss PS4 OctoDad, Trials Fusion and Cel Damage HD coming out! I’m lined up in the queue to try them out!

Xeones25 said:

April 19th, 12:05 pm

I played this with a buddy on the Gamecube all the time. It was so much fun split-screen. I’ll probably buy it so I have something to break out when more than one other friend is over.

Warped said:

April 19th, 12:21 pm

For some reason this reminds me of calling all cars! i loved that game i went undefeated until no one would play it anymore! Where did everyone go? hope this doesn’t happen to this game.

DJPlace said:

April 19th, 1:18 pm

ugh online would been cool i have no couch friends that like games like me. so i’m going pass on this.

Jormunger said:

April 19th, 8:12 pm

I loved this game on the xbox, (the on that came out when I was a junior in highscool). It will be a day 1 purchase for me.

honkayjeezus said:

April 19th, 11:25 pm

Another PSP game coming to the PS4… awesome?

Welmosca said:

April 20th, 12:09 am

xbox launch game?….hum I got my doubts already but the game looks cool…nice art style.

veryhoudini11 said:

April 20th, 9:48 am

great to see this re-released in hd. im very happy with the split screen aspect. there are not enough games with split screen MP anymore. this is a for sure buy, and thanks for the cross buy support.

veryhoudini11 said:

April 20th, 9:51 am

@honkayjeezus it was never on psp?? but it was on PS2… why are you even complaining. if it wasnt for the indie devs what games would either the xbox one or the ps4 have. nothing, most the major devs are not finished with the next gen games so you need to wait, but be thankful their are atleast indie devs getting things released quickly for the new consoles. seriously, nobody here cares if you are happy or not with this game.

Joking_Joe said:

April 20th, 3:41 pm

I see health bars in the screenshot, is this a remake of the PS2 ‘overdrive’ version?

XanXic said:

April 20th, 8:38 pm

I can’t believe this is coming out in HD I never would have imagined something so awesome could happen. I used to play this and Whacked! all the time as a kid with all my friends. I even played it recently as a year ago because my friend had it for gamecube and I wigged out about it. So much chaotic fun. Now if they could just do this with Spiderman 2 and Battlefront 2 I could have my favorite childhood games.

Matrix_Lion said:

April 21st, 1:58 pm

I really like the art style of this game.

XeahuleXolic said:

April 21st, 2:40 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!!

lRlavelNl said:

April 21st, 4:22 pm

I played this like crazy on Gamecube. I can’t begin to describe my excitement for this game to be released on PS.

Joking_Joe said:

April 22nd, 1:55 am

Saw the Electric Playground preview, it does have at least some of the tweaks from the ps2 overdrive version, gonna be a first day buy for me. Split screen being fully supported is a big factor for me buying it.

jenyjhon said:

April 22nd, 4:47 am

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $87h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online. All I do are easy tasks from this one cool site
………………………….
jobs35.ℭℴℳ
……………………….

Amnalehu said:

April 22nd, 6:36 am

I’ve never heard of this game but I love couch coop games. Cross buy/save is nice. I will give it a spin!

schreffboyrd said:

April 22nd, 7:45 am

What time does the PlayStation Store update to add new content?

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

April 22nd, 4:16 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen, Cel Damage HD is officially live on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita! http://bit.ly/1fmzw12 !

WarpedEcho said:

April 22nd, 5:09 pm

Just purchased it. Nostalgia running down my face right now. Still plays very well. Time to bang out these trophies.

bleblock said:

April 24th, 6:24 pm

Gosh I loved this game on the GC!!! This and Kirby air ride were some of my favorite couch games. I hope there will be a sequel in the future. Adding some crazy dynamic maps that change while playing. Like we are all driving around on a big dinos back and it starts moving or something crazy idk.. Haha.

Darkcloud3081 said:

April 28th, 11:10 am

YES!!!!!!!!! I so miss the days of couch gaming, finally a game i can play with my kids!! I hope we get more couch games like this in the near futer.

Sn3tArd said:

May 3rd, 10:32 pm

I have a very important issue that I would like the developers help on. I’ve been playing cell damage on my vita for quite some time and I decided to play on my ps4 recently. Obviously I wanted to transfer my save data to the ps4 version of the game since I have many levels unlocked however when I went into ps4 settings save data utility to download the save data I uploaded from my vita the data was not there. I tried connecting my vita directly to my ps4 via USB cable and it said device not supported. This is very odd since they are both sony devices. Anyway please let me know how I can get the vita save data onto my ps4.

Thanks.

Daniel Posner's Avatar

Daniel Posner said:

May 6th, 10:19 pm

Hi Sn3tArd,
    The Cross-Save feature should be automatic in the background as long as you are signed into PSN. I would suggest signing into PSN on your Vita and load the game again to make sure it syncs (to be extra sure it syncs, feel free to play and win a level again) and then close the game. Then once you load the game on PS4 — make sure you are signed into the same PSN account — it should pull the save game down from the cloud. If you are still running into issues, please reach out to us via our website using the contact form. Hope this helps!